Hey Burgeurs

merci for inspiration of rear lights from your mustangs.
we use them for every car now.

love
-france

burger here, any there are decent peugeots or citroens?
Or are they all just mainstream shit boxes

They're okay.
Peugeot has a couple of real gems (208 GTi, RCZ R) and the rest of their lineup mainly consists of fine-looking perfectly adequate cars.
Citroën ditched the hydropneumatic suspension on everything but the (at this point ancient) C5, and their regular stuff is quite boring Cactus is a neat citycar though.
The DS sub-brand lineup looks funky as hell but gives up function over form, and instead of focusing on maximum comfy like they should, they're going for the "sporty" approach which means there's no real reason to go for them over one of their German competitors.

last really good looking french car

>thanks grandpa boomer

>hurr I'm using a buzzword do I fit in yet xxDDDD
This car has literally nothing that attracts boomers though, fuccboi

De rien. Looks better than our american tincans with thin paint

Peugeot have been going downhill for at least 10-15 years now

Citroen (imo) have always had a solid line-up, although they're pretty much only city cars now with the exception of a sports version every now and again (My last favourite Citroen was the XM with a V6 option)

Renault I feel have improved steadily over the years, and I think their current lineup is the best looking so far, like they seem to just be going for the most modern/futuristic vibe possible with their designs

they're all bloated pigfat shitboxes now
oh and they're all FWD
I'll never own a french car in my life unless it's an old classic RWD death trap

my boomer neighbour owns one

whats Veeky Forums 's opinion on the c4 cactus? These go for around 14k euro brandnew in my country and you seem to get alot of car for the money. I kinda like the design aswell, reminds me of the warthog from halo

interior looks pretty cool too

>that autotragic switch

what the fucking fuck

No problem, thank you for driving on the proper side of the road.

>Square steering wheel

People don't fucking learn, do they?

"modern"

One of the ugliest cars of the century for sure.

Yes but are they also the turn signals with the lights flashing in sequence in the direction you are turning?

Cheap, basic, economical citycar. Looks funky as hell, very "love it or hate it".
Airbumps are a brilliant concept, never worry about door dings again.

fuck off it's brilliant

Its literally made for retards

What about an old classic FWD death trap?

>Citroën ditched the hydropneumatic suspension on everything but the (at this point ancient) C5
That's pretty disappointing. I've always wanted an old DS because their suspension was so cool.

I really do hope some of the Frenchie car companies start coming back over to the states.

I was going to say that's pretty fucking ugly, but judging by every new car these days it's nothing different in that regard.

>I wonder how much burgerbux would it take to import a Twingo

Baguette here. Here is the screed.
After almost two decades (2000 to 2015) of catastrophic cars (from bland to horrible design, many reliability problems with electronics and engines, cheap platics and bad assemblage of the inside) french brand have started their mutation :

>Renault
They have very quickly renewed all their range with their new design director Laurens Van Den Acker and started to change their positioning to a more "premium" brand, with "Initial Paris" finition and a significant increasing of the quality of their cars. The Renault Talisman, Koleos II and Espace are a good exemples of this politic.
Clio still a best seller and the Megane IV RS will be the new FWD queen of the Green hell in few months.
Also they resurected the Alpine brand. It will be a pure sport premium brand to compete with Porsche

>PSA (aka Peugeot, Citroën, DS and now Opel)
Same political than Renault. But with a strict division of role between each brands :
Peugeot for high level (but not premium). Because of financial problem years ago they abandoned niche car like their CC (206, 207, 307...) or the fabulous RCZ. But they did an incredible transformation with the 208, 508 or 2008. Especially about their design. Their e-cockpit is very nice and the quality of finitions are very good.

Citroen for entry level, new and fun tech. They alas, abandoned their comfy sedans C5 and C6 for now. C4 cactus is a good represention of their philosophy for now. Cheap and fun. The new C3 is already a best seller.

DS for premium. But DS are not really launched. Actual DS 3, 4 and 5 are based on old Citroen cars C3, C4 and C5 and there is nothing new since many years. Anyway, the official launch will be in January 2018 with the SUV DS7, already used by our new president immediatly after is election for the official ceremony. After the DS7 they will launch another modele every year.

To conclude, today french cars are nothing in commun with those from the last decade

It looks like a college student's senior design project.

What about a new classic RWD death trap ?