Will my car be declared a total loss?

Will my car be declared a total loss?

probably, since it's older.

Hope so, I want a new car lmao

i doubt it

100% totaled, repair will cost at least $2500, that car cant be worth more than $3000

I've seen older cars totalled for a dinged bumper so yeah, that's a goner.

If new, you mean $3000 or less

>Delivery driver crashes

Dude how. You drive all the time, you should have it mastered it by now

I just started last week.

Literally replace your door for like $250 from a junkyard and youre good

front door might need it too, but this

theres bodywork where they can put plastic placements where the damage is and recolor it.

NO

Car was a total loss even before the crash

He can be a driving god and there will still be retarded teenage girls in daddy's suv texting and driving.

I'm a delivery driver and my old car was rear ended at a stop light by an old fuck, if anything it increases the chance of being in an accident considering how much we drive

>not just buying a salvage door and bumper and calling it a day

Need to know the make/model/year, and mileage. The frame doesn't look too damaged. To get it completely fixed would be $2k to $4k mostly because of the paint job. Or you could fix it cheep by getting two doors from the junkyard, maybe bending back some parts of the frame, and repaint the whole car.

underrated

Insurance has to repair it to the condition prior to the accident, they arent gunna mickey mouse that shit, take the insurance pay out which will be around $4k and KEEP the car, you basically got a free car, and hire a lawyer and go to chiropractor for your injuries.

OP here yeah I could fix it but the lady was at fault so I'm hoping insurance will declare it a total loss

but the rest of it looks so nice :(

If insurance declares it totaled you will get only the blue book value of the car. And they tend to underestimate what that value is.

Dont insurance companies make you give them the car if they do the total loss payout? because its supposed to be the equivalent value of you selling it before the crash or something? I know they took my dads civic when it got wedged under a truck and totalled, and afaik he had to give it to them to claim it

Op- I'm just 18 this is already my second crash, I'm guessing if I do get a payout it will be no more than 3000, I want to buy a CR-Z something that doesn't kill gas like this 6cyl

The other driver was at fault, she got the failure to reduce speed ticket and hit me from the side, she didn't see me at this 2 way intersection

It depends. If the car is flooded they may take it to ensure that it gets crushed instead of resold. They probably won't take it if you sue the driver of the other car in small claims court.

Where I live we would just shake our head once or twice and continue driving as if it never happened.

I thought even minor frame damage is a total loss in most cases, plus the two new doors and hindges

Not him, but my coworker has lost 2 R32 skylines doing pizza delivery from being rammed at stoplights. SUV both times, and female drivers.

my dad got rear ended in his 2009 E350 with 200k miles, got a check for $11,000 from insurance

you can keep the car but you will receive less payout for the claim. You will get car's value minus salvage value.

I just had my 2014 civic totaled from hail and the value they claimed was about 12k but if I kept the car they would had given me about 7k.

>delivering pizza in a r32

What fucking country do you live

one where it's a 30 seconds or it's free policy.

>$250 for a door

lol what

I got mine for like $40 at the pick-n-pull

tips make it so you get paid per delivery. which means its in your interest to deliver as many pizzas an hour as possible while on shift. when shit gets busy it adds up being able to handle high volume.

No they dont use blue book value, when i got rammed my car was deem total loss, kbb value was $5000, but i recieved $7200, minus $700 because i kept the car.

Op here again, also my parents are going to file the claim but they are waiting till Monday, and I got crashed into friday, is there a limit to how long you can wait to make your claim, my parents are stalling and I'm worried maybe the insurance won't pay out

Limit is 2 years in my state. When u speak to insurance dont say anything that will make u sound at fault, they record the phone call.

If you can get by without frame damage you can use your insurance bucks to buy doors at a junkyard. This would require buying the wreck back from your insurance company though and I don't know how that works.
Luckily Honda hates designing cars with more than three colors so it shouldn't be that hard to track one down with matching paint on it

Does the time of reporting affect the outcome?

In my area finding Junkyard parts for my car is pretty hard, especially in my color and year, 2000 & 2001 TLs are pretty rare

How do insurance companies even determine what the car is worth if you total it? A guy at my work totaled his Altima, it had a KBB value of 6k but the insurance company gave him 9k.

I crashed into a USSA member, do payouts vary by company?

If you don't have comprehensive and collision coverage, you ain't getting shit except higher insurance rates.

Why just don't make a claim and get used door from scrappy, fit it and that is is? Frame is probably alright, only door and rear bumber are fucked, but I would say if you are low on money just replace the fucking door yourself and that is it.

if its an acura then yes

Haha it is, why you say that