What does Veeky Forums think about Jeeps? I never see any discussion about them

What does Veeky Forums think about Jeeps? I never see any discussion about them

Pic related, 2000 Wrangler 4.0l inline 6

Other urls found in this thread:

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/1978-cherokee-chief/6246390343.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

overpriced american shit cars that arent fuel efficient at all

Rich, spoiled staceymobile.

Great if you want to knock down dudes in the back or are a woman.

The only jeep out today worth a damn is the wrangler, and even then its a overpriced marginal vehicle.
All the others are pure shit.

Jeeps, much like Toyotas, suffer from stupid high prices because people think their clapped out 150k+ mile Jeep is worth $6k

I like them, but for the price you could buy or build a rig that's far far more capable and much more heavy duty

I absolutely love Jeeps.
Modern jeeps aren't great, aside from the JK Rubicon, but I actually just bought myself a 2000 XJ with 119k miles for $4k. The guy treated it like his baby. It's my first real off road vehicle, and I'm so excited to get working on it.

I am absolutely disgusted by modern jeeps and the culture around them. really dig the older ones tho. if i were to buy one it'd be an old cherokee and turn it into a ute like a nigger.

Jeep lost it's way long ago. Now they make overpriced status symbols.

JK's are the 40 year old office mans modified car.
He'll never take it off road, but he's got a stinger, a winch, 35" tires, and spare gas cans on it.

CJ's are the trailer trash meth addicts wife's car.

YJ's are objectively the best Jeeps ever made

TJ's are alright.

Wranglers are pretty shit, if you ask me. The XJ isn't bad though.

If you want a compact off-roader, get a Tracker.

>"T-Thanks user..."

CJ-7 driver reporting in.

The new Jeeps have lost the essence of the originals. Nowadays they're like a watered down version of Land Rover, trying to be more luxury than sporty. The new Wrangler has 4-doors for some reason, and the front seats are covered by a legitimate roof. What the fuck.

The Chrysler era was when it started to get bad - the CJ-5/7 is the last real Jeep. It's rugged, it's simple, it's awesome. Pic related.

the liberty (KJ) SUCKS
>CD changer died
>transmission has delays
>front left locking hub exploded
>the window regulators died
the only thing good is that it turns on a dime and that the engine is great

Used to own a 1990 XJ, miss it every day

I have an '89 Comanche that I'm working on. Don't ever put yourself through this torture. It's a total shitbox. Every square inch of it needs work.

The new wrangler pickup looks neato though.

w-what are XJs?

No factory diesel w/stick. Guess I'll just swap out the 2.5l in my tj with something instead of getting a new one

in my limited experience, they're alright. only trouble my XJ's given me so far is a seized water pump and a shot o2 sensor.

It lost its way when AMC got bought out by Chrysler.

Texas? I think I've seen that one rolling around.
>what are XJs
Are you high

>be me
>dont know shit about jeeps
>type all of these into google images
>these are all pictures of the same vehicle.

>Are you high
...I was asking where XJs sit on the list, genius.

>What does Veeky Forums think about Jeeps?

they are the Matias of the 4x4 world
only girls and faglords drive them

remember barbie drives a jeep enough said

XJs are babby's first Jeep. Most guys I met when I was still wheeling regularly with properly built Wranglers started in XJs.

Also until the JKU came about it was the Jeep you bought if you "needed" 4 doors.

I have this bad boy in my garage, i drive it casually to get the stress off my job, really good for flooded areas too

I want a comanche so bad. like really bad. why are they shit boxes? is it the spaghetti engine bay with 9,000 wires and tubes and hoses going in every which way? I'm on the west coast so rust isn't a real issue. I know for most of its life it had the renix brain as well but is that a real issue?

>why are they shit boxes?
Mine is.
The engine bay harness is a fuckign rat trap. I see lots of exposed copper. There's a hole in the floor the size of my bicep. I've repainted every single piece of interior trim and replaced the entire dash. I bought it with a howling diff. Turn signal switch fucked off shortly after buying it. Found out I had left it sitting outside with a leaking rear window since september two months ago. Wipers were slow. Dome lights don't work. Tons of stuff kludged or missing. Speedo doesn't work and I don't know if the plastic gear is stripped or if they forgot the drive gear when they rebuilt the trans. Bone fucking stock 2WD model. Power nothing. The ancient fuck I bought it from left his weed under the horn button.

I am sure I'm forgetting another ten things.

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/1978-cherokee-chief/6246390343.html

You want jeep , this what you want.

Has an AMC 360 which was refreshed up about 15,000 miles ago. New camshaft, lifters, push rods, springs, and seals. Edelbrock aluminum intake, 4barrel Edelbrock carb, HEI ignition, new alternator, water pump, radiator, hooker headers. About 3,000 miles ago it had a new rear main seal, oil pump and pan gasket and brake master cylinder.
AMC Th400 trans (which was rebuilt about 15,000 miles ago) with a deep sump pan. 3 speed sidewinder shift kit mounted on floor. Trans is mated to a Dana 300 transfer case with a twin stick using a Novak conversions adapter. Front drive shaft is trail gear long slip shaft with yota flanges, rear is custom 1310 cv and 1350 u joint.
Front axle is a fully rebuilt chevy dana 60 kingpin axle. New shafts 35 spline outers , 538 gears, Detroit locker, warn premium 35 spline HD full turn hubs, WFO reverse steer high steer arms, Cross over steering, ballistic fab dif cover, new calipers, bilstein gas shocks. Inner axle seal drivers side leaks
Rear axle is a fully rebuilt 14 bolt full floater. New shafts, 538 gears, Detroit locker, complete disc brake conversion, bilstein gas shocks.
-WFO concepts spring perches and shackle hangers.
-Jeep has 5 Irok bias 40 inch tires mounted to black procomp 17 inch rims. 4 tires are 80-90% tread, 5th is brand new
-20 gallon RCI aluminum fuel cell with new sending unit.
-red top optima
-10,000 lb smitty built winch with remote control.
-Braided brake lines at all wheels.
-Has transmission cooler and power steering cooler with fan and temp switch.
-Custom front and rear bumpers with spare tire carrier.Body is in great shape floors are solid original Arizona truck only rust issue is factory fender flares needs a steering box seal leaked out on current one I have a new j20 steering box to go with it located in south Plainfield Nj 07080 call or text show contact info Erving sell or trade

Jesus.

Nice one. But could you please explain to me, why the front guard is formed like a medievil ram? What purpose does it have?

I'm buying this in a couple weeks. I'm super stoked, I'm finally getting my first jeep.
Owner is a totally awesome guy, he knows exactly what he's talking about. Super cool, super friendly, and it's making me sad to buy it off him cause I can tell it's so special to him. But I'm gonna take great care of her, hell, I'll even bring him along on a jeep trip when she's all ready to go.

For protection of the engine/whole front end of the car if things go wrong while off roading. It'll take the force, and stop you from dying usually.

My grandpa had a 96 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with 300k miles on it. Nothing could stop that thing, it was a tank. He finally had to go into a retirement home and ended up selling it for 4K back in 2013. I really should've bought it, I really regret it.

This. I have a 94 Cherokee Sport that I've turned into a weekend rig, but I hate new jeeps and the people that drive them. The 4.0 is a fantastic engine, and with the exception of Chrysler fucking everything else up, they're great 4x4s. I've owned a 00 Cherokee, my current 94, and two Grand Cherokees (01 and 04) and they all treated me well.

One one hand, I hate them, but on the other hand, I sorta want a 4.0 I6 manual wrangler.

So it functions as a roll bar in the front? That's actually not a bad idea. Thanks for explaining!

I never got this.
I bought my first gen tacoma for 2k. Not a damn thing wing with it. Lil over 200k miles and has a new driveshaft and clutch.
People are just dumn enough not to haggle I guess

I don't know about newer models but for some reason the Willis gets my willy hard
are there any in the 20k range that aren't a pile of rust?

It's the most fun I've ever had owning one. The TJ has treated me so well, and there's so much aftermarket support

Yup, a front roll bar and a mount for a winch to pull you or someone else out of a sticky situation

My best buddy's dad has owned jeeps since high school. He now owns a 2016 rubicon 2 door. He said after years of driving a YJ, XJ, 3 TJ's, and one CJ5, he likes the comfort of it as a daily, but also likes how he can take it off road with his son and I. It's mostly set for off roading but he uses it as a daily