/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

>Latest News

>Skullgirls News
Skullgirls Mobile will launch on May 25th in NA, SA, EU, NZ/AU, and more: twitter.com/sgmobile/status/861974986705207296

>Indivisible News
New battle UI: youtube.com/watch?v=pusHAH0bxEg

Backer Beta Preview coming soon™

We've got full VO! The last stretch goal to hit is multiple endings and hard mode dungeon!
indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/

Newest music from the Indivisible soundtrack: youtube.com/watch?v=LiD3m-nxJA0

Indivisible backers, if you need to update your mailing info or anything else please do so on BackerKit
labzerogames.com/important-notice-for-all-backers/

>Beginner Stuff
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In

>Official Forums for both games
skullheart.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PantsToFutomomo/status/863374392541065216
twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/863229171970957312
twitter.com/o___8/status/863549688204546048
twitter.com/blackbookalpha/status/848356668832268288
youtube.com/watch?v=WFFSX9t9eT8
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=62886879
hebiniwa.tumblr.com/post/160632802716/bath
twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863483911350898688
twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863486383150608384
twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863486580446515200
twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863486972790153217
southpawper.deviantart.com/art/Nurse-Valentine-and-Combinecommando-s-OC-677729874
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6bPOu_2rpg
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62896129
twitter.com/Moduku_k/status/860867445925359617
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62905178
mijudraws.tumblr.com/post/159456565052
twitter.com/Johni0329/status/864029284351922177
vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=340067
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62916658
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fisrt for best girl!

Literally who

You know who

twitter.com/PantsToFutomomo/status/863374392541065216

Those subtle tone shifts are amazing, hope I can have rendering skills like that someday.

twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/863229171970957312

That was last night. I wasn't up to catch the stream, sadly.

twitter.com/o___8/status/863549688204546048

twitter.com/blackbookalpha/status/848356668832268288

EuroFight was on today. They were saying at the end that they might revive EU Skullbats next month which would be cool.

I've also still been watching through the SendtheWorld archive. Really wish I had been able to catch all of this live.
youtube.com/watch?v=WFFSX9t9eT8

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=62886879

hebiniwa.tumblr.com/post/160632802716/bath

They are misprints.

twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863483911350898688
twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863486383150608384
twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863486580446515200
twitter.com/AtroxChobatsu/status/863486972790153217

last hope was a mistake

Yay, VoDs! I don't know which one to boar tho

imma sleep
pls dont let this cute thread die

Less than 10 minutes in and jesus, this penpen fella. That combo optimization

I know right? I never watched too many of his matches but that Filia is crisp!
I can't wait to see how these international guys do at CB!

Stop letting threads die damn you

It's our fault. We have to keep our place alive together.

i did my first dhc 20 hours into the game, ama

Was it the correct choice

allowed me to fully kill one char and let me finish the other off when it came out with an air throw

like, 3rd airthrow ever too

Did you guys play marvel before sg

I grew up with SF2, so yeah. Although I honestly find SG a bit more enjoyable to play. It just feels smooth.
I remember fumbling with my controller a lot more playing console MvC2.

Though to be fair, I never liked those DC controllers anyway.

So I went ahead and tried my hands at putting what I was talking about last thread regarding UI onto picture. I tried to work within the parameters that Skullgirls doesn't split information (like having meter on the bottom) and it keeps every current gauges except health fairly small.

Since names go directly under the IPS gauge, I thought that for the few things that might require some secondary UI element, they could go under the meter since there is free space between that, and where the combo counter appears.

None of the MvC games but I played Tatsunoko vs Capcom fairly often for a couple of years. Ironically I never liked the 3v3 setup back than and even now I never make my teams in SG bigger than 2. I mostly play Arc System games and Smash Bros.

I like SG better too.
>Arc System games
You gonna get Rev2?

>tfw you can finally climb out of the pit in one attempt.

I need to practice that

source please

Peter said a while ago that they wouldn't do anymore precision segments like that, but I kinda hope Mike just does it anyway. I think little challenges like that are super fun.

southpawper.deviantart.com/art/Nurse-Valentine-and-Combinecommando-s-OC-677729874

daily reminder that nutshack memes were never funny

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6bPOu_2rpg

>You gonna get Rev2?
Nah, I haven't been sold on Xrd at all, things like having the much more cinematic supers and shifting camera angles put me off. The game plays fine, but I'll just stick with +R on steam until they fill out the roster with some more of the original roster and try to get into it then.

No Zappa, No Buy.

Also while I like some of the redesigns, people like Potemkin and Baiken got worse ones. Daisuke really has transitioned from 80s/90s anime aesthetics to mid-2010's. Which wouldn't be a problem if I actually liked having more rounded heads and moe eyes and stuff like that.

Now this is cool.

give me umbrella so I may spare thee

drawfags please draw some happy pregnant skullgirls for mothers day

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62896129

don't associate your awful fetish with an important day

>pregnancy
>awful

Remove yourself

twitter.com/Moduku_k/status/860867445925359617

So which one do you think had the worse beating?

Keep in mind, they both lost use of their limbs afterwards.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62905178

mijudraws.tumblr.com/post/159456565052

Peacock is a child and her psyche was damaged beyond repair.

>the Mother's day

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mama's Day

Which non milf SG do you want to make a mother

Valentine but I don't think she'd stick around to help raise the kids nor would I trust her with them from the way she treats Carol and her other patients so I would just make her pay for child support while I raise them properly myself.

I'd be afraid to just leave her pregnant with the baby.
Who knows what crazy ideas she might come up with while having a free human test subject cooking inside her.

Wouldnt Valentine be happy to have a husband and child to lose her loneliness after the skullgirl is destroyed

Save us, Ajna!

Peacock, she's fucked up for life dawg. Also she was a child, she couldn't deal with that shit as well as band

Do fucking want
I mean she becomes the skullgirl in her ending
is your love dick strong enough to keep her from doing that

is peacock autistic?

Does Valentine want to fug Beowulf?
I mean everyone probably wants to fug Beowulf but she seemed very interested in him in his storymode, and she's got a victory line that sounds like she's mirin
>Well, aren't YOU quite the specimen?

bamp

why haven't you guys left for the discord yet
doubt they'd bully indivisible people

We talk about stuff here that would be a distraction on Discord, and could be problematic on SH. Best to keep things separate.

Like the specific character speculation stuff for example.

>Like the specific character speculation stuff for example.
Yeah, I've been enjoying just getting some of this stuff out without having to worry about a mod coming along and deleting it. I get why they decided to stop facilitating that type of discussions what with the JuJu incident and their then very open development policy.

Anyways, here's a bump and the last UI concepts I had wanted to hammer out. Same rules, keep any extra elements under the super meter and keep them as non-invasive as possible.

I did Painwheel's Hatred Install which should function as a "appears only during this action" type of gauge. The length of the meter doesn't have to change even if the duration of the blockbuster can. But how fast it depletes will let people know how much longer Painwheel will be in her enhanced form. You could apply this same meter to Robo Fortune as well for her countdown blockbuster.

And I also did my Yu-Wan concept for his Mah-Jong Tiles. The UI would always keep the space where his tiles can appear with the empty tile element until he starts filling them.

Anyways I'm all concept'd out. This has been fun and a nice way to spend my time after work. Thanks Roxie-fan for prompting me to drag these out of my head.

And if anyone from L0 actually lurks here, thanks for the great game, I hope we get a sequel in the future whatever form it takes. And feel free to take the Yu-Wan idea if you like it :^)

>Yeah, I've been enjoying just getting some of this stuff out without having to worry about a mod coming along and deleting it.
Exactly. For a while I've thought of /lzg/ as like a, I dunno, a pub for LZ fans. Sure, it might get chaotic and weird at times here, but when it's good it's just us shootin' the shit.
Meanwhile Discord is like Town Square, and Skullheart is like going to City Hall/The Library. Everything kinda serves a different function.

Those UI sketches are pretty interesting btw. Still wish I could see how the mahjong stuff played out in motion.

>Those UI sketches are pretty interesting btw.
Thanks, took me 1000 hours in GIMP.

>Still wish I could see how the mahjong stuff played out in motion.
The jist of it is that Yu-Wan would need to mix in his tile gathering special into his combos. The idea is similar to Valentine charging her syringe and Robo acquiring heads mid combo, but what I would like is for these moves to not force him to stand still since he's supposed to be "rushdown with a side of Player 2" He should be able to get tiles at a fairly reasonable rate and make multiple hands depending on the team ratio and skill of the player.
And I had a thought that it could be one special or it could be a unique trait of a series of specials. The second special needed to cash out his hands would make for a good closing move for a combo with the payoff for this whole little mini-game being various effects based on the tiles. Hell you could even have a blockbuster also consume tiles.

There are a number of things that could happen, personal buffs, applying debuffs to the opponent, extra damage, forcing your opponent into a specific state (crumple, stun, etc). And that is a big design concern, making the payoff worth the effort.

skinny legs, thick thighs
accurate
wish the parafriends remembered how the princess actually looks too

>Thanks, took me 1000 hours in GIMP.
I can believe that! As cool as GIMP is for being free with its features, it definitely feels like it takes longer to do basic things in it than Photoshop. Your mockup looks good though.

Yeah, the concept of team buffs are definitely something I would have liked seen explored more with the roster. Characters like Yu-Wan and Molly, and maybe Minette and would have been good to show off that kind of thing.

It's probably for the best that some of these other characters would be left for a SG2 though. That way Mike could start fresh with better engine and console hardware and design the game with these kinds of concepts in mind, instead of trying to insert them into a stable metagame several years later.

you and me both butty,you and me both.

The bittersweet part was watching the sets with 159man. I wish he was able to make it this year because nobody does SquigBand better.

left ankle is fugged, right leg anatomy doesn't line up, midsection too long, tits don't hang like they should

for actual character critique tits are a bit too big and she's too tall, filia is a womanlet. also samson going nuts for whatever reason

god tier thighs tho, can't deny that. i just nitpick shit

Combo Breaker is soon, right?

twitter.com/Johni0329/status/864029284351922177

Never liked that sprite. It not being red, for starters, is jarring

Just a couple weeks away.

vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=340067

The Discord can get a bit... high-strung.

>As cool as GIMP is for being free with its features, it definitely feels like it takes longer to do basic things in it than Photoshop
I was just coopting the "1000 hours in MS Paint" except I couldn't use Paint for what I was doing. (layers are a necessity) I think aside from lacking a simple to use shape tool GIMP is fine for the kind of editing I did.

I wish these had timestamps even just for the regions that are playing. Did anyone bring a solo to the table?

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62916658

What is this implying

Is beowulf stupid?