/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

BEARDS WHEN EDITION

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Letter from the Producer LIVE XXXVI Set for May 22!
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4d47f72b46e0a84af0eed3195615377b688a4756

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/a7Wip2SF

Last time on /xivg/:

Please play on Ultros.

CHANGES: 5/12/2017 *Removed Gilgamesh Linkshell - Holy See of VG 3.45 - [Reason] No longer public linkshell

My little ippiki can't be this salty.

that's not a beard, that's a lifestyle

Elezen are the true master race
except duskies
they a shit
and live in caves
and smell funny
and dont bathe
duskwights suck

guys the road to forgiveness begins with you

goes on an 4 hour shitposting rampage

why do you keep bringing this up every thread if you're not the salty one?

dude....
no one.....cares.....................about any of this shit

hey boys

I don't fucking care, you annoying pissant, I just copy/pasted from the last OP. If someone really gives enough of a damn to do more than sit and complain in a motherfucking video game general thread, they can edit the pastebin themselves and re-add it. You are so goddamn annoying. Take your shit elsewhere.

I still want it in-game for player characters.

A+ post

remove duskwight

We don't even live in caves.

We don't fucking live anywhere because SE forgot duskwight exist.

Looking for advice
I played a Thaumaturge till level 12 (with the intent to be a black mage) about a year ago

Just resubbed and I am wondering if i should change classes to something funner. During the beta i tried archer and i loved running and shooting. However there is no endgame 'archer' class and i abandoned the idea for black mage.

When i reach endgame can i be a black mage and another class?

hey child

>All this stuff I still want to do before Stormblood
>Mid-week server shenanigans is going to delay it and the fun
Calling the Fantasy Cops.

Well, you'd live in a cave if there was one. So in a way, you live in a caveat.

Wildwood pride

>Edge shitposting overload clogging up the thread with selfies and blogposts

I'm out.

why are flat lizards so great

you would be able to be a White Mage as well after leveling Conjurer to 30 if you did Black Mage

POST ELVES

One more day to get rid of all the EU cancer from Balmung.

It's like waiting for Christmas.

there is bard, and to be honest bard bard is more an archer/ranger than an actual bard so you will still be shooting arrows and shit, see if you like that. but yeah part of what's cool about the game is that you can play every class so just keep trying out different stuff and see what you like! i do suggest you try to play thaumaturge more until you get black mage and get higher level though, it gets a lot more fun and satisfying to play although they are basically turrets so you don't get to move around much

No catboyposting allowed.

You can be every job on 1 character and switch whenever you like at no cost.

Archer becomes BRD end game and play somewhat similarly to black mage.

If you end up not liking whatever you pick there is no penalty to switching classes/jobs.

Post your gfs

Lei is my gf, back off

Early access when?

>tfw healer and tank kept dying on normal gubal

I want to die

if you try to do archer/bard, just be aware that one of the abilities you get in the early 50's removes almost all of your ability to be mobile.

16th

Yeah lets get my fellow midlanders in here

wait what happens tomorrow

Someone help a resubbing shitter out. Which of these things are super important or highly recommended to do before the expansion and which of them are low priority or not important at all?
>level at least one combat job to 60 (done)
>finish HW story (done)
>level at least one of each combat role to 60
>level many/all combat jobs to 60
>level gathering job(s) to 60
>level crafting job(s) 60
>farm a bunch of gil (and how much?)
>finish relic/anima quest
>cap out on every type of currency in the currency tab
>other?

I was referring to the catgirl you imbecile. I am a man.

I want Kelly's Willy up my belly!

No tit, you're shit

how are midlanders any better zzzzzz

Servers move and fuck over the Europoors.

another fan who wants me to keep posting?

How bad can it really be...

i wanna fug sabin

Honestly by my metric the only thing that's super important is what you've already done. Everything else is only optional depending on what you want to do with yourself in SB.

Then why do you act like a child?

Just report and hide his posts, he intentionally does this to trigger people and ban evades when the mods have had enough of his shit.

2 days maintance to transfer data to the new servers.
Increased latency might screw yuro players entirely.

Nice.

Would it be a terrible idea to swap my character to archer at this point of the game?

I just got my miner to 60 last night. is it worth decking out in full 60 HQ gear? It would likely cost most of the money I have and I don't know if mining would make it back before expac.

Is it better to just wait until expansion and hopefully get gear there at low 60's and go from there?

the mods have a million bigger things to worry about, a lizard doing no effort lewd posts that hurt no one and don't clog up the thread is not a big deal.

>Duty Roulette: Trials
>The Chrysalis
>Two SCH for heals
>Fantastic
>Get to the ball part
>Healer and 1 dps die
>ok maybe new, just tell them mechanics
>Second ball part
>Same healer dies again
>wtf
>Get to tear part
>2 dps are dead when we get into the rift and were our only melee dps.
>obviously wipe
>Start again
>SAME HEALER DIES AGAIN ON BALL PART
>check his search info
>60 in almost everything
>WTF
>second ball part
>both healers die this time
>wipe
>third try
>same healer dies again on ball part
>thinking of hitting the vote abandon
>get to rift, I'm half dead due to unavoidable aoe's that healers aren't healing through
>first meteor comes down
>healer runs into the circle and dies
>yell at melee dps to lb, finally one does
>get out with less than 200 hp
>finally finish
I know that SCH are supposed to be really good for healing, but every single time I've played with one either they've done nothing or just dps'd the whole time instead of healing. Can't stand them in my parties.
Thanks for reading my blog post.

>people this jelly ippiki got real pussy

lmfao

Yeah I'm glad nobody has said "please post catboys" or we'd have a real crisis on our hands.

>same pose
>same angle

shut up ippiki

>Is it better to just wait until expansion and hopefully get gear there at low 60's and go from there?
Yes. You are way too late to the gravy train, just wait for lv70 leveling and Artifact3.

it probably won't be that bad to be honest but we'll have to see, i don't think they have spoken about the specifics of where they are moving the servers but they said it would impact eu. i think it will still be playable enough although NIN may be a bit bad to play with the new latency.

not at all, but if you stick with what you were leveling first you will speed things up with other classes cause you get an experience bonus for leveling other classes if you get one to lvl 50 first and then theres a bigger bonus for lvl 60. but really if you don't enjoy your current class you should just switch

Lei Ahri

Get your scrip gear at least. It's easy to bring out with Diadem. Ironworks is completely unnecessary at this point in the expansion. You'll be just fine with vendor and quest gear after SB drops.

Cat boi

>still posting my gifs

>post lizard sluts

>level at least one of each combat role to 60
Only if you enjoy other roles otherwise its not
>level many/all combat jobs to 60
Thats stupid user, why would that be important?
>level gathering job(s) to 60
>level crafting job(s) 60
Gathering and crafting take some effort if you're going to do it seriously, otherwise just level them whatever, its not necessary.
>farm a bunch of gil (and how much?)
Thats a retarded question, more money is better of course, doesn't matter if its expac prep or not
>finish relic/anima quest
Its somewhat useful if you're looking to main the same job you're playing currently. If SE follows the pattern your latest relic will make you skip one step in the next one
>cap out on every type of currency in the currency tab
This is not a bad idea but we have no info on anything relevant to this. I stocked some tokens and currency in case I wanna try gearing SAM and RDM but thats about it
>other?
Finish your beast tribes so you can do the next ones without having to worry about the others. And thats not even that important, just a good thing to check out of the to-do list.

Half of your questions were stupid and could be answered if you thought about it for a minute. But I don't want faggots complaining that no one talks about the game and answers their stupid questions about obvious shit.

sch is pretty shit at healing, what are you saying

He actually made a catboy just to try and grab attention that way with all the thirstlords around these days LOL.

Reports still pop up on the janitor queue, dingus.

What are you going to do about it?!

I dunno why you replied to me, but if it's something you think you'll enjoy more I say that is always the better option. Be warned though, as fun as it is running around firing your arrows off at stuff, at 50something you'll get an ability that kinda turns you into a bit of a caster, but since you do more damage like that you use it. So you'll lose instant casts on your abilities and have to stand still a lot meaning you'll be running around a lot less.
Bards/Archers are still pretty cool.

post elezen/au ra

>want black face paint for Iga/Adamantite III
>looks like ass without the faceplate/mask
Post femmeroes, please

Put an end to your treacherous spree

Only people without receding hairlines and bald spots allowed to post ITT

I'm an AST main and if I start to notice the other healer not carrying their weight or us needing more healing, I will push cleric stance aside and just heal for a little bit. I can't stand healers who either:
Never ever dps
or
Only dps and never heal
there are too many bads out there.
I'm pretty sure SCH players are under the impression of "my summon will do all of my work for me, I guess I'll just do my limp dick dps instead of healing!!!"
thank you for your blog post btw

Silly man you don't whack open a pinata with a machete..

I've been told a million things by a million people, so idk at this point. I was told that SCH was better than AST. but maybe that's wrong? I don't have too much experience with healers.

I gave up on reports when ever report I made was going ignored even when the post blatantly broke rules.

where all the bunny wives at

when has ping ever stopped europoors from infecting servers they shouldn't be in
the question: never
has it occured to you i am just reposting old screenshots?
i don't care if you don't like it, i'm going to keep posting
i rarely actually make new one as it would involve me actually creating the character

Ninf...

it's almost like there's no one staring at /xivg/ waiting to ban anyone who gets reported

gee I dont know
several eu ebins have already moved away from balmung because of this

A single Scholar should've been able to heal through that, those two weren't very good.

Really cute ideal pairing

Without knowing how bad it'll be? Talk about rushed decisions

>tfw Balmung is going to be a ghost town soon
Serves you right.

that's fucking retarded because noone knows how much of a change it will be except for one super vague sentence

seto tk gayto

Oh no all the gay degenerate yuropoor are leaving. What a fucking shame.

i'm pretty sure he just uses a model editor

Maybe all the cuties will come to Ultros...

pls people come to fucking Ultros, populate this piece of shit

ninf died, cant be him

whoops forgot to post

Ultros is a NA server.

Most Europeans on Balmung have already made the decision to play with American friends on an NA server at the cost of a ping loss. Doubt most will be deterred by it being a bit worse if they weigh friends heavier.

>it will never be christmas again

You don't want black face paint cause it looks bad without a helmet? With how your character looks already, I don't think you have anything to worry about

Outside of try hard parse fags it's not even going to be a big deal