Friendly Tesla Thread

Just a thread about Tesla, prices, hopes and new stuff. Please be civilized and do not start a war about electric vs petrol they both have advantages and disadvantages

Other urls found in this thread:

ev-cpo.com?
photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP2I8ZIIzlldnvpNzH5OZm2WJV7vDa9kP7MtD-aQaL19bb51wSRwfIrHf3AwzuQ-g?key=Q2xNd09Wam91b29IZVJNNDFBeFYyYktpcFJPbVln
www3.epa.gov/otaq/datafiles/CSI-HTSLV00.0L13.PDF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tesla is shit and it's owners are faggots.

I would recommend not mentioning what can go wrong in a tesla thread as the OP of the tesla thread. it's kinda inviting the things, you know

anyways, the TM3 trunk is xbox hueg. MPGe has been confirmed as 126 as well. really good.

Looks roomy and comfy

The only reason Tesla sells is because there's no real alternative for a decent range sedan or SUV. For now.

heres a good pic of the also xbox hueg door pockets. You can clearly see the door release button as well.

How is that impressive? The spare tire takes up that portion.

TM3 frunk

the frunk it exactly the same size as the regulation size for most carry on luggage. interesting fact

no spare tire in the 3. That's all usable space - however, it's mainly for your charging adaptors and such.

here's a good rear seat photo

I really think electric is the perfect car for city commuting but the range is still too limited. Might be getting a nissan leaf soon for this reason.
>inb4 teslas only faggot

>126 MPGe

I'm not sure how this is measured, though it has given me an interesting situation. If electric motors are so efficient, could an electricity-powered generator produce more power than it consumes? Cause if I understand how MPGe works (basically the power generated from one gallon of fuel by an ICE generator, and how far an EV will travel on this charge), then either ICEs are much more efficient at producing energy, or electric motors are much less "thirsty" for energy.

1 MPGe (mile per gallon gasoline equivalent) ≈ 1.326×10e-5 m/J (meters per joule)

electric motors are very efficient, like 90+%, but batteries are not very energy dense. ICE's are not efficient, like sub-30%, but gas is very energy dense. Do what calculations you want, but you ain't gonna get more energy out than you put in.

I've had a headcanon where, if there was an Initial D reboot, /ourguy/ Takeshi would drive a Model S, simply because it compliments his driving style so well. But since Nissan made the Leaf, maybe they'd make the R36 JEE TEE ARU fully electric and make it extremely fast.

how would a EV have a misfiring system tho? And what would Mr. Pythagoras drive?

Nakazato wasn't "misfaiaringu shistemu" guy, that was Sudo. Nakazato was the guy who crashed into the guardrails because of his "grippu" driving style.

Yeah we still don't have the tech for fast charging and more miles but Musk mght change that with the Model Y crossover

It kind of looks retarted because the rear glass is not lifting up as well

how fast is fast for you? right now the recent superchargers can fill you up with 170 miles of range in around 30 minutes.

People keep saying it needs to be faster, but they never specify how fast. Some say as fast as using a gas pump, but it's silly to compare the two imo

vents for the rear seat.

why aren't these in every car?

i hate how they shrunk the frunk even for rwd models.

Yeah I think maybe 20 minutes is better

at least there is a frunk. the TM3D frunk will be super tiny...

leafs are nice. $4k leaf might be the new $3k corolla in a few years

>tfw no Model S 60
whyyy there are non used on sale where I live

Can someone put a grill on that shaved Aston Martin

gotta snatch up the free supercharging for life while you can, user. I assume you know about ev-cpo.com?

I can't find Australia, am I fucked?

you guys seem to stick to the coast. Must suck to be a tesla owner in Perth jej

I live in Sydney it takes a hour and half to drive to the city

>Some say as fast as using a gas pump, but it's silly to compare the two imo

I don't think it's silly to compare the two. It might not be feasible to have it charge that quickly yet but that definitely seems like the end goal. The charge time is one of the big drawbacks people like to complain about, so cutting the time down to around 3 minutes would be very desirable.

Maybe 8 years later

Where did u get these pictures from?

various places.

one being photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP2I8ZIIzlldnvpNzH5OZm2WJV7vDa9kP7MtD-aQaL19bb51wSRwfIrHf3AwzuQ-g?key=Q2xNd09Wam91b29IZVJNNDFBeFYyYktpcFJPbVln

thanks

I'm afraid Tesla is going out of business. Hype is keeping it alive for now but if the Model 3 production doesn't go well it's likely they are going bankrupt.

I find that close to impossible. Tesla has an uncanny ability to raise money, and Elon has said that he's going down with the ship no matter what - he'll never cash out his billions in shares. So if it comes to it Elon will dump close to everything into Tesla to keep it alive. He had to do the same with SpaceX back before they got the CCDev funds from NASA. They had enough money for one weeks wages and that was it.

They've got a shit ton of orders already so if they can keep production going and not burn too many people with too long of a wait I think they'll be fine.

Oh, also the Model 3 has to be a solid car. We find out 6 months after they're on the road that the battery pulls a Samsung then they're done.

They're in a good position to succeed but this is their make or break probably.

-258 rated horsepower
-now has 3 phase *permanent* magnet motor

www3.epa.gov/otaq/datafiles/CSI-HTSLV00.0L13.PDF

my electric bill is 500 bucks a month gas bill 100 ya please give me an electric car pretty please its so nice to pay 500 percent for a pain in the ass

Uhh how much do you pay for electricity? how much per kWh? Because no matter what it's usually cheaper to fill up a electric car rather than buying gas.

american electric bills average $100 a month.

yeah but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to saving money. If your electricity goes up $60 but you spend $80 less on gas you still save 20 bucks.

>they didn't do a liftback rear
but why
that trunk opening....i don't know man
was it to save complexity?

also, general reminder that if you charge off-peak it's 6 cents a kilowatt hour
meaning you charge that 60kw pack for 4 fucking bucks, meaning 4 bucks for a 220 mile fill up, damn good.

To give rear seat passengers more headroom without sacrificing aerodynamics.

yeah. The glass is just too long in the back for it to be practical. you can see to see how simple the trunk mechanism is

Liftbacks are all but dead for rollover safety. And there won't be any new models made with it.

the 3 even has more rear headroom than the leaf, which is a true hatchback.

i dunno man, the S smacked the rollover machine's shit and its an excellent lifback

Tesla says the 3 is a notchback because they said it was simpler and lighter.

FUCK YOU ELECTRIC TRAITOR RACE

chill out dude

good side view of the dash area in this one

kind of a letdown but i can understand why they did it.

but fuck man, imagine a liftback version, holy shit

ugh, the front could look so much better

holy fuck model 3 is absolutely game changing. No one uses those fucking steering wheel buttons in the 1st pic, on the beamer. Literally useless. Tesla is genius in simplifying the car. So much less intimidating - There are tons of people afraid of driving that will love this car

let's be honest here, the lack of buttons is firstly a cost savings measure, and secondly a design choice. The 3 is piss easy to make right hand drive. you just shift the steering junk over to the right. Nothing else has to change, except for flipping the UI.

but yes, I think it's a pretty smart design too. I can easily see other companies making similar interiors in the future, but maybe with a few more buttons here and there. Wouldn't want to seem like they're outright copying Tesla

>Complaining about electricity bill
>Not plugging it in at work

I'm sure you guys take your shits at home too.

I think its more intimidating having to go through the menus on the screen while driving

Yeah I agree with you that the lack of buttons _is_ primarily for cost cutting, but the fact remains that a huge chunk of people are intimidated by driving and by cars. So, this cost-cutting measure has the great secondary effect of reducing the car's learning curve.

Just look at all those buttons in the 1st pic with the BMW 3. Very intimidating and even a seasoned driver like those of us posting here aren't going to use half of them.

It might seem that way, but I don't think going through the menu while driving will be a problem at all. You probably notice people texting and driving all the time. They're putting their eyes down to their lap and going through a software menu on their phones; to go through a software menu on a massive screen that's only slightly to the right of the steering wheel is not going to be any more challenging/intimidating than texting and driving.

Everything is two actions away or less as well. You pick the icon at the bottom row, and then you control it from there. No long submenus or whatever