/sthg/ Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #759 - low poly edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest LinksSonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5m70dq_makeup_fun
youtu.be/6xxtAdvkpgE
youtube.com/watch?v=m73LebwvUoY
youtube.com/watch?v=hD156iw791o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FAST

fast.

Maria's dead corpse.

Slow Rat General

>irl hedgehegs are slow
>irl rats are fast

what did sega mean with this

Invisible Sally.

Here I am to drop Part 2 of Boom's "Robots From The Sky" Saga. I checked the URL. It is legit.

Needs more Bump lewds.

>dead corpse
A bit redundant, don't ya think? There aren't exactly any live corpses laying around.

Ask your nearest Necromancer.

Robots in the Sky Part 2

Eggman is right to call him a rat.

Nice thread you got here

Sonic has weird eyes.

Yes there are.

I literally just posted this.

>shadow caring about others feelings

>Octopi Mainstreet

The fuck
How's that hide it?

>shadow caring

I just realized, what if the power Eggman acquires in Forces to take over the world is just the Chaos Emeralds?
Like, this is the game that shows what Eggman's plans for the emeralds since Sonic 1 has been.

You mean to tell me firing a giant chaos energy laser into the planet to prematurely awaken a sleeping God to further his goals wasn't his plan the whole time?

think thats to help make him look a bit shocked.
Gotta love some of the cute 'toon animations in that game.

I just meant weird eyes in general.

It really play up the "based on really old cartoons" angle more so than most Sonic media.

having cartoony, flexible models might have made it easier for the game to be accepted by sega. they wouldn't want their characters spurting blood everywhere in front of the little shitlings.

youtu.be/6xxtAdvkpgE

So now that we're halfway through the arc, answer me this.

What do you think of the "Robots From The Sky" Arc so far?

He doesn't care about her feelings, but he cares about THE MISSION

>27 minutes and half minutes
>video is 29 minutes long

There's already videos made on the subject

Sounds like a problem you'd have in Heroes, but in Adventure characters will stop themselves on a ledge, and although I find rails to be a bit broken on the Gamecube and PC ports, they are very consistent on the Dreamcast werks 4 me

I don't have any recording software on my PC, tell me of a light one and I'll record some gameplay of it.

I've been ignoring it because I want to watch all four parts back-to-back when the last one comes out.

It really fucking twists my nipples when someone bleep-edits cursing on a fucking Youtube video.

>Who's this broad?
based Vector

I only need one more emerald, then the world will be mine!
Think YOU can stop me?

youtube.com/watch?v=m73LebwvUoY

>Sounds like a problem you'd have in Heroes, but in Adventure characters will stop themselves on a ledge
They do that in heroes too.It only helps a little.

OBS. Open Broadcaster.

these look delicious like some sort of exotic gummy candy

Why hasn't Sega done this yet? Fuck.

Why hasn't sega made a chao app game, yet?

I bet there isn't enough demand in JAPAN

I need to hurry up and make a deviantfart account so I can take money from autists drawing their Forces OCs.

You need to be able to draw first.

I draw stuff for sthg all the time. The reaction I usually get is, "cute!"

>We are approaching an OC goldrush.

Oh boy, sure can't wait for all the commission artists to never be available.

I don't think it's going to be an expansive enough OC creator to warrant commissions unless you want them in Microsoft Paint.

>yfw we become /dbg/

I for one welcome our Steel Donut overlords.

Meh. These first two episodes haven't been particularly funny. The plot doesn't really seem to amount to much more than "stuff happens" and the animation is too low budget to make that exciting. I don't give a shit about this sky utopia because we'll probably never see again after this is over.

I don't think there's going to be a character creator at all. This is just a rumor that will disappear as soon as they reveal whoever the fuck Bubsy is.

How expansive do you guys think it'll be?

Only male hedgehogs? Only hedgehogs? Any species that has appeared in the games? Some species that have not appeared in the games?

Wearable items? A selection of voices? A height slider? A breast slider?

Hedgehogs/Foxes/Rabbits/Maybe Vector-style reptiles

I want birds to happen but they're all tied to Babylon so that may keep it from happening.

Male non-hedgehogs with the same voice and body type. No super form, one voice actor, one set of animations.

I don't see the point of there being a four-part arc for a comedy series where mostly everything resets after each episode and the animation budget is just enough for the characters moving around rather than any potential for entertaining fight scenes.

It doesn't make sense and I don't understand the hyping for it. It's a lighthearted comedy with simple plots, and while the whole "robot sky place" is kind of neat (and Mighton and Biggs are arguably some of the most inspired original designs in Boom after Sticks), it's nothing special. Fun, but nothing special, which actually sums up my feelings about this cute little cartoon in general.

I'm enjoying it so far though, but I'm serious in how much this show would benefit from some half decent fight scenes. I always think about how fantastic the fight choreography is in Boondocks despite how it's mostly satire and comedy.

There will be no character creator.

Part of me feels like this was originally meant to be a tie-in to Fire and Ice but they missed the boat and didn't want to waste assets.

The classic games aren't fun why do people like them so much? Is it the chibi artstyle? It can't be the gameplay. Honestly I had much more fun with Sa1,Sa2, Heroes, and Shadow than any of the classics. Sadly after those games, everything went to shit. 06 was supposed to be Sa3, it was supposed to be the magnum opus of Sonic Games, and it just failed so hard. I think because of this, Sonic Team is completely afraid to touch anything in the "sa3" area and it makes me sad.
I would even be happy for a Sonic 06 reboot/remake that replaces the engine altogether with the hedgehog engine including replacing those mach sections entirely with regular boost gameplay, replaces the elise gameplay with normal gameplay, and overall fixes the technical problems with the game. I think if they were given more time they could salvage the game, and now we'll never know.

Why does Nicole have mandibles?

You'll be BTFO at E3. Cap this.

I don't think 06 is totally irredeemable at its core, "Adventure style game featuring another new hedgehog, time travel, and focus on story", just that about everything built on top of that core both from technical and design perspectives was bad.

I can't say that I think Sega never touching 06 again is a bad thing because I was never a huge fan of any part of it, even its core. But it is a damn shame that they seem to refuse to touch anything that comes near to resembling 06, such as story, hub worlds and other characters.

Let's run a hypothetical scenario.

If Bubsy was part of the Sonic universe, what powers and abilities would he even have?

Uh huh.

I haven't see bubsy gameplay, but I'm assuming similar to conker

Time powers.

If Sonic Mania ends up not having a physical release of any kind, I most likely won't be buying it. I don't like it when games are digital only.

>go to store
>buy game
>insert disk
>console installs game
>needs disk to be in to play game

True physical storage died when consoles became online focused.

No, that's Blinx.

Aww, I wanna hug that Amy

OH MY GOSH

SONIC-THEMED LIFESAVERS!

youtube.com/watch?v=hD156iw791o

Ntom64 (Hellfirecomms) has done an abridged version of their Sonic Adventure DX commentary. It's 2 and a half hours long which is probably too much.

It was about 9 years ago now, there are people who watched these as children and are now fully grown adults. HFC didn't really go anywhere, they just changed and people moved on.

It's actually sad for Tom, he's been doing this for nearly a decade and he barely manages to get by. He really should move on by now.

I feel sad and old. This was basically the first commentary I listened from them. Meanwhile Gareth and his friends are putting out more commentaries and being a little more successful than Tom. He has a lot of problems. But I hope life treats him better either now or later on. Like his mom was in the hospital for something a little bit ago.

that picture, although he has been losing weight over the years. It might be out of date.

FTCR has about 15K subs and HFC has 33K but the video views are closer. I think a lot of people subbed to them, stopped watching and just didn't unsubscribe. I can't put my finger on why they stayed at the level they did.

was it the trend of let's plays dying down? the nine month hiatus? or the fact that they lost the entertaining members as they went on? maybe a combination of all of them.

meanwhile brainscratch has 68K subs and get a steady following, although even they won't reach the heights of other channels. I think BSC high production rate really helped them grow.

>bsc
>ftcr
>hfc

what are these?

Name of different poisonous fruits.

I think it's because Tom wanted the commentaries to be more formal and not spontaneous but organized like FTCR or BSC. Also because some of the better members left the group so it's not getting that many views as usual. I stopped regularly watching a while ago but now that THD is gone I barely watch HFC now.

brainscratchcomms
findthecomputerroom
hellfirecomms

Their you tube let's players, mainly known for being Sonic fans (which is why I bought it up here).

It's a look at changing trends, nowadays the sonic youtubers are people like Peremyderemy or tailschannel who make single topic Sonic video, like ''why sonic forces has to succeed'' not to mention lesser know guys who show up in the recommended page.

Then what do you call the Sonic franchise?

true
they lost Gareth, they lost Zombieron and now the helldragon.

Those three have great personas, the other guys are ok but their levels of charisma is that of the average guy. not bad but not good as entertainers.

The sad thing is that FTCR is TOO random, they really did balance each other out.

btw I'm sorry if anyone is annoyed that we are talking about Sonic fans' you tube channels here but I guess it's as close to the game as the comics and waifu bait.

They used to have some other people barely show up on their commentary list back in the day. Like RandomDCE( who is still shit), Cloudsomething, Luizprower,, and there were some others. I just miss the funner times of that commentary group.

I think someone posted a list of species in a thread like a month ago that included things like birds, reptiles, weasels, oxen/bovines (of all things), along with your regular canines and rodents

Flickies are a thing, so

and besides, birds=babylonians would be even cooler in retrospect; playing as an ancient alien race to save the world would be totally badass. The Rule of Cool would probably outweigh the potential plotholes

same deal with the character creator in general now that i think about it

wasn't blinx created by ohshima too?

yeah they've had so many and not to sound dickish but most of them aren't worth remembering. That's the positive and negative of these channels, they are just friends hanging out. Which means you get a comfy feel but their not going to be grade A entertainers.

I also remember them having a competition to get new talent but I think most of them didn't actually do anything. It's hard remembering this because their so obscure it's not like their 'history' is going to be well documented.

I miss the streams Ntom did on twitch, they were also comfy. Tom thought of the streams as lazy content. He's doing a sonython in a few months. I'll try and catch that but I have a job so it's hard to stay up late to watch.

It's hard to believe that BSC out did him after them being inspired by HFC.

She looks spiny.