How many lottery tickets you guys buying a week?

How many lottery tickets you guys buying a week?

Currently at 4 here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6IyOaMOG3c
youtube.com/watch?v=kJhH_3mJQLs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Success is often a statistical event.

You should start a cult that buys you lottery tickets because you are the chosen one and Allah demands that everyone ban together and give you lottery tickets.

Get some muslims to believe your doctrine and your choseiness of Allah and you will have people spending there entire checks to buy you more and more lottery tickets.

Every few months when I find myself down at the sev, I buy one. Honestly I should do it once a week just for kicks. But then once I find myself at the sleven, I always buy a 12 pack and other junk food, so a dollar ticket turns into fifteen

Theres a group at MIT that pools their money to win the Mass state lotto. It works.

I like to buy it as a glimmer of hope I could get 50M for literally nothing.

>It works
This is why they tried to ban the Mass lottery, but you know, lobbyists.

Where is that pic from?
It looks like my ideal spot if I can get decent internet.
0 tickets

Douglas Lake, Tennessee.

how big was the group?

>Douglas Lake, Tennessee
how is the Knoxville area?
Tennessee seems to have a very efficient government, free community college and 0 taxes....

What's the catch?

youtube.com/watch?v=d6IyOaMOG3c

i buy 2935 but the winning number is 2395

>paying the tax on the poor and stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=kJhH_3mJQLs

Worst acting I've ever seen.

the closest and more realistic plan to any Veeky Forumsnessman to become rich.

I personally don't gamble at all.

But really buying lottery tickets is just retarded. Much better ways you can spend your money to get better return.

I mean the risk is absolute pure chance and luck. Why would you throw your Money away

It's even worse as lotto almost always has a negative EV. If you bought every single ticket to guarantee a win you'd make pennies on the dollar.

0 Tickets.
I'll gamble on the open markets... Much better return.

My family plays in a pool. We all get our cash together every drawing for the Mega Millions and the Powerball. I'm tasked to go get the tickets. It usually works out to five of each per each drawing.

What is this?

I put my lottery ticket money into altcoins

It's the small chance. $2 isn't going to really help with my investments or change my life, and I'm not going to use it towards buying a shitty $7 "coffee" from Starbucks because I'm not a normie, so if I want to throw away $2 for the chance to dream for a bit every once in a while then I say that it's worth it.

bravo m8, well said

if you buy any, buy 1 only because you're more likely to earn that kind of money than win in in the lottery

Thanks.

fuck man that typo

I do multidraw, so I only buy one a month.

yeah, the money adds up but putting in $2 a ticket for a much larger return is worth it a few times a week.

A few times a week? Isn't once a week considered the absolute most one should invest in the lottery?

Never.
If I wanted to waste more money, I'd raise my monthly donation to foreign aid charity.

>invest in the lottery
my sides

Well, you know what I mean. Isn't once a week the most you should play they lottery as a "regular", and even that can be considered pushing it?

How is it stupid? Its harmless fun for a dollar

Please enlighten me on the superior ways to spend $1

Okay guys serious question.

I live in Florida, and the rules of my state's lottery say that you can't be anonymous when you claim large winnings. What exactly are you supposed to do? I don't want to end up like Jack Whittaker.

Ya let me know when a stock goes up 400 million percent

0, I don't need no lottery tickets anymore.

>you know what I mean
I didn't. I kind of thought you were serious.
There's no shortage of people on this board who are always casting about for "strategies" to win. You know, like buying tickets on a Wednesday, in the middle of the night, or after fat people buy them?
It really depends on why you play. If you evaluate as an investment, it fails on every metric. If you play for entertainment though, then it's just like any other gambling; the entertainment aspect has value that you can't really put a number on.

Chocolate. Get a bar of 70% dark cocoa from Mexico and snack on during day. Natural antidepressant plus deliciousness for $1.50.

I only play the Illinois lottery when it hits high because then they tend to want someone to win before it gets too much. Like when it hit 1.3 billion and apparently Canada and Australia started buying in

Oh I know, I'm not a dumbass like that.

I'm just saying, in my opinion, the most I could play before I would consider it a gambling problem would be once a week, and even then I'd only spend like $2 on a ticket, which I wouldn't have spent on coffee anyway because I hate coffee. I know the possibility is practically impossible but if I can dream for $2 where the tradeoff would be like a shitty candy bar or something, I'll do that instead. Who needs candy anyway? Shit's poison.

>then they tend to want someone to win before it gets too much
Yeah but they can't really enforce that, can they? Isn't it randomly selected numbers that you pick, and the numbers end up being from random balls? Or is it different than for the Powerball?

Eating chocolate isnt very fun for me. Probably because im not obese

They "buy" their own tickets. Millions of them

I used to bet 10 USD on sports events 10*1.05^236 and you're a millionaire in 236 days

Winning 236 times in a row is almost as impossible as winning the lotery