Leviathans Edition

Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/264710/Subnautica/

Forums: forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/subnautica

Trello: trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Bw4dRu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump for a good thread.

Apparently the devs, despite working on the Ghost Leviathan day and night to get it in before launch, still have no idea what to do with it. They're debating on having it in the Lost River where it belongs or only in the Void, citing its size and movement as problems.

I've posted on the forums that if they made it move overall slower, say 75%-50% the speed of the Reaper, it would be able to navigate the Bones Field, Junction, and Ghost Forest with no problems, as well as tweaking its AI a bit to avoid the ribs in the Bones Field.

Bump for interest, getting tired though/

Also, the sizes in the OP are a bit off. The Ghost and Reaper are at their correct sizes, but the Sea Dragon was accidentally shrunk when they were doing some updates on it. It's still going to be bigger than the Ghost, but not by much.

Honestly this game is kind of a let down with the lack of variety it offers. I might just say that because I have been following this game forever but its been like 2 months and they are still working on the giant glow worm.

They've been hard at work on the Emperor facility, Emperor itself, and a whole lot of other things, too. The Ghost Leviathan is a labor of love, they like it so much they're getting it in as fast as possible while still working on everything else. Remember that in that time period we've had the Infected and Silent Running updates as well which were big updates.

Yeah, they're doing to many "le big scary carnivores." That's not how ecosystems work. The sea treaders were a step in the right direction.

There's only three big scary carnivores alongside a lot of small and medium-sized herbivores and food fishes along with medium carnivores.

Its great that they are working on the story but it gets dull fast when there is nothing but sand sharks all over the place. Also still obnoxious that the leviathan AI is still clipping through shit, not to mention the terrible pop in and stutters.
I would love to see some additional creatures, like the Rock Puncher they scrapped.

Is the Ghost Leviathan a creature that even eats prey like the other two?
Seems like it would be a territorial filter feeder to me.

I'm sure those things will be worked on when they finish with the important story stuff.

The Rock Puncher hasn't been scrapped, it's on hold. There's a lot of love and support for it on the official forums and ideas for how it can still punch and smash things and they'd already gotten it rigged and some animations on it, so there's that.

It's a carnivore, and it will attack you and other creatures.

I'm honestly disappointed in the general "endgame" areas and the general progression through them.

First of all its like everything is >400mts, you can pretty much build every item just by exploring with the seamoth and some O2 tanks (I still think the game should take pressure into consideration). Its pretty much Safe Shallows->Grassy Plateaus/Kelp Forest->All the cool biomes->A bunch of repetitive floating testicles->boring minecraft shit

Like once you get to the "endgame" areas everything gets silly with the lava lakes and the treeroots from nowhere and most of all because you still have a shitton of ambient light in a fucking underwater cave. There is literally no sense of danger in going really deep.

And don't get me started on the precursor bases, probably the most unimaginative, uninspired alien civilization design ever. Just call them THE BORG and be done with it.

>Sea Emperor
>Big enough to probably bite a Dragon's head clean off in one bite
>It's a filter feeder
The ultimate deterrent for predators is to look like a much more threatening predator yourself. True facts.

Eh, usually size alone is enough. Nothing is stupid enough to try to attack something as large as an elephant or blue whale unless it's in great numbers like a pride of lions or a pod of orcas, and the Emperors lived where near the surface where the only large predator is the Reaper Leviathan which is a lone hunter and a minnow compared to an adult Emperor.

If the devs had left the Scarab/Grabcrab in then it might be a different story.

every thread until I get proper biodiversity

>That's not how ecosystems work
Most of the game isn't hoe ecosystems work, you're complaining at the wrong thing.
Crab squids also clip like it's their job
No

>implying 39 creatures and 5 recolors is enough to make the environment feel natural and full of life

I didn't imply that at all.

what are you implying then

Nothing, I didn't imply anything, I made a normal non-arrow post.

what the fuck is "no" supposed to mean then?

That you aren't going to get your biodiversity.
>fter a Sea Dragon Leviathan damaged the Disease Research Facility in an attempt to retrieve its offspring, the previously contained Carar bacterium was released onto the planet. This decimated the planet's ecosystems, as much of the life on the planet died due to the bacterium's immuno-repressive behaviour and genetic corruption.
They'redead.jim

>giving in to dev's lazy lore excuse for a lifeless and empty game

Keep crying about the lore on your Mars-Grown tea leaf drinking forum, I'm sure that's going to change so much.

I think it's safer to assume that if there are going to be more creatures they'll come a bit later, since the game's progression is what they're working on atm.

Made a webm of the Ghost Leviathan in action in the Lost River.

If they made its movements maybe 75% to 50% slower than the Reaper Leviathan's then it would look great cruising through the murk and bones.

discord.gg/Bw4dRu

you forgot to link the discord idiot

I didn't know there was one, calm your dicknipples.

>No multiplayer
>No random map generation

littlerally playthrough once then never touch again

random map generation is garbage though. it makes it infinitely harder to place important story structures and there is a shit ton of unforeseen issues that pop up during development

Has anyone modded in some real weapons yet?

>Grab all the easy gel sacs in that trench beside the aurora
>Somehow run myself over from full health with the seamoth
Welp. Whats the easiest way to get gel sacs that isn't that trench?

The Sea Dragon is still the most retarded-looking leviathan. Even Paradox was more imaginative when they created their space dragon