google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XT600-E-2002-/182703400022?hash=item2a89f8a456:g:wscAAOSwbmdZhcEC
autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707197530354?sort=price-asc&cc-from=300&price-to=4000&advertising-location=at_bikes&postcode=gl20qt&radius=50&page=8
japaneseclassics.com/inventory/jdm-motorcycles/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for ADV bike is Best Bike

>he doesn't know

>tfw no dr650

>tfw no tiger 800

Why do modern bikes look so angry all the time? I don't want a bike to be angry, I want it to be a chill dude

cbr250rr good first bike?

No
Why would you get a 90's racebike as a first bike?
But by all means, get it
It's fun as fuck and we'll get some good laughs once you blow a gasket like the RS250 guy

>when you find the problem is a washer sucked in through the intake
>when you've only got a few weeks of pleasant riding season left
>when you bust a piston ring putting the cylinder back on

Now my bike is out for another week while piston rings are on order and my cylinders get honed

Is the rear chain disk size normal?

there are smaller ones but why are you asking?

It for sale. I scared it might have been a stunt bike.

What exactly am i getting with 200$ levers
Because the recast chinese ones look just as good (if not better) and have the same adjustments

>bike looks fucking brand new
>oh gee, but what if It's been stunted
He got new fairings and fixed whatever he broke

Plus a stunter sprocket is like 40-50 teeth

No please leave them alone I want to import one in US.

which of these is the better deal

ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XT600-E-2002-/182703400022?hash=item2a89f8a456:g:wscAAOSwbmdZhcEC

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707197530354?sort=price-asc&cc-from=300&price-to=4000&advertising-location=at_bikes&postcode=gl20qt&radius=50&page=8

because its cheaper than a NSR250

Ninjette if you wanna learn street riding and are OK with reselling it
XT if you want to try your hand at dirt

>anal

why not?

>the absolute fucking STATE of Rossi

Marquez is a god

>slipping back to hide your pit move from the front riders

I'm an experienced rider and have had both types of bike before, just sold my ducati

Just want a cheapo bike that I can resell at a good price

Get a P-Twin 650. Plenty of power to grow into, but forgiving and wide power bands and plenty of torque for you to learn with.

B-b-but it's ugly

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my dude. You don't have to get a nekkid bike, a Ninja 650 has the same engine as mine. I've ridden a Honda CBR 500 which is also a P-Twin and it was pretty fun, but the 650 is faster.

lots of good bikes are ugly
this is my dream bike. is it pretty? not at all

Who here has had someone try to throw shit at them? This cucks drunk passenger yesterday was about to throw a Corona bottle at me until we got to the light and they suddenly got real quiet when we started yelling at them

Man it's like they copied the Versys and then ruined it with Italian engineering and an L-twin engine.

its a nice engine, its actually fast despite being so big. and it has the best suspension ever devised. the electric suspension was perfect

not a shill, its my dream bike

Why do people unironically like Ducatis? I'm not shitposting, I'm genuinely curious. They're not reliable, fixing them is expensive, and in Colorado, there is only one Ducati dealership in Denver, so you'd have to take your bike there to get it fixed if you needed to. Are they just amazing to ride?

>Not putting your lid through the window with a headbutt then stealing $400 to buy a replacement.
Wat a pussy.

Did anyone make any webms from Sam?

I find their superbikes rather appealing. Seeing a 1199/1299 naked makes my benis feel funny.

With that said all of their newer (post VW ownership) bikes don't do much for me.

Agusta makes more attractive bikes IMO

Not your fake sam

like i said, multistrata has a perfect suspension, and i would pay more for that.

Disagree. 650 ptwins are not smooth engines. They're a compromise setup for packaging across multiple bikes.

Small 4-cyls are the best option imo

this is real sam though

I do not have any issues with excessive vibrations on my Kawi. What you say may be true for some P-twins, but in my experience they are capable engines that produce good torque across wide ranges of RPM's.

I misspoke. When I say smooth I mean throttle response. They're very jerky in the low gears. There's a reason only Japs make em and Triumph but that's for heritage reasons

And I ride an fz07 which is praised for being smooth

Small displacement bikes that rev to 20k get my dick hard. I wish there were more of them available in the States.

Might unironically buy a Ninja 400 when it comes out.

I've test ridden an Fz07 and it was smooth and responsive, but I opted for a slightly used (3000 miles) er6n because it was way cheaper. If you have smooth throttle control, all that jerkyness goes away. The bike basically teaches you to be a better rider.

is it possible to import bikes directly from japan in america?

Yes. But 20k revs from a 250cc is a meme. Just buy a cbr600

If you've got the money literally anything is possibru

>tfw definitely don't have the money

Yes. And a lot of older 250RRs and their 400cc counterparts are older than 25 years, meaning they don't need to meet EPA and DOT standards to be imported, as they are now considered classic vehicles.

Importing is expensive though. You can get a 250RR for something like $6,000 or $7,000 dropped on your doorstep.

Finding parts will also be a small nightmare.

I was looking at doing this until I hamburgered my foot on a 300 after someone pulled out in front of me. Live my dream please.

why would you buy one ironically anyway?

>You can get a 250RR for something like $6,000 or $7,000 dropped on your doorstep

Shit, that's it? I was expecting a lot more.

japaneseclassics.com/inventory/jdm-motorcycles/

Downsizing is ironical. But seems like a great street riding package if it's well under 400lbs and has close to 50 hp.

It's not completely a meme. I'm pretty sure they weigh less than 300 pounds, and they make horsepower somewhere in the 50's.

Downsides include:
>lol no EFI
>lower fuel efficiency, but still outstanding compared to a car
>sound might get annoying, cruising at 12,000 RPM

Keep in mind that it's a 30 year old bike, and shipping it across the ocean might take 3 months.

You can theoretically do all of the paperwork yourself, but you won't end up saving any money. Talk to an importer. They're all extremely shady fuckers though, so be careful. All they care about is money.

Seems silly for street riding but satisfying on track. The smallest Jap 4cyl you can buy in the states is a 600 for a reason.

Bookmarked. Though getting something like that would probably be a 2nd or 3rd meme bike. If I had the money to upgrade my bike right now I'd probably go >pic related

Post bikes with keyring

Maybe so but I wouldn't put my coin down for one. They do have a rather unfavorable reputation. Probaby for a good reason, too.

765 striple has arrived tho

I fucking hate the look of the stripple's front ends desu. Which is weird because I usually prefer nakeds over the fully faired super sport look but when it comes to Triumphs it's the opposite

>I'm pretty sure they weigh less than 300 pounds, and they make horsepower somewhere in the 50's.

yes they do weight a smaller amount, however, they are also very small bikes physically. Theyre built for someone of a height around 5'7. If youre 6', theyre small bikes. You will still fit on them, just not comfortably or in the way they were designed for, which will not help the handling.

also they dont make 50hp. about 40 if youre lucky and they havent lost too many horses over the years. Theyre also quote slow off the mark because all the power is at the very very top of the rev range at 18krpm+, so off the line it takes a while for them to get into powerband.

theyre fun bikes however for anyone who is larger sized, id definitely avoid. If you are small enough to fit, i'd reccommend going to a 400cc model, as theyre the same frame size but larger engines. You really wont miss the screaming rpm too much.

having said that i used to own a hornet 250 which was a somewhat detuned cbr250rr engine in a hornet frame. Still revved out to about 20krpm. Was fun to hoon around constantly, but overall im much happier and have more fun on my drz400sm.

But is it as powerful as 675 Daytona?

Less stressed. And no one complains about the striple 675's power.

The reason I always heard is that making an engine any smaller meet EPA requirements for import is too expensive to be economically viable. This doesn't really make sense to me, but whatever.

A 400cc I4 would be fucking perfect for me. I get why hooning down country roads at 120 is amazing fun, but I really like riding around in the city on a small, light, nimble bike that you can U turn inside a parking space without putting a foot down. If you drop it, no worries. Just pick it back up. If you want to limiter bash, it sounds like a tiny Ferrari.

Talking about bikes again makes me really, really miss riding. God damnit.

>incoming depression

>too big if you're 6'-0"
Lucky I am manlet.

>Talking about bikes again makes me really, really miss riding. God damnit.

Dude, for real though. 39 days until I get my license back and it's killing me. The season will be almost up by then.

>season

What did he mean by this?

>having a suspended license
how did that happen?
>not riding track/off-road until you get your license back
>not riding dirty

>Less stressed
So less power with bigger heavier engine, god I hate when they do it. If motorcycle has less plastics, it must also have less power.

>Lucky I am manlet.
theyre good fun. Definitely not worth the 7k price tag tho. I guess its a case of forbidden fruit. Theyre very easy to come across here in aus.

If youre planning on getting one, I'd reccommend the Kawasaki ZX2r/ZXR250.

They have a 2krpm higher redline and look cooler with the single headlight.

It was developed as a moto2 engine and detuned for the street. It sounds amazing from reviews.

>how did that happen?

Seizure, 6 month mandatory waiting period. First one in almost a decade, we know exactly what risk factors caused it and it's exceedingly unlikely to happen again. Once my Doc signs the paperwork in September I can get my license back.

I don't have any way to get a bike to the track, and I'm not about to ride dirty because getting caught riding with no license would fuck me super hard when I'm only a month away from being legal.

or the late model fzr250s.

they probably have my favourite graphic designs

are there bigger honda bikes with the same aesthetics?

any of the old 1990s super sports have very similar styling
e.g. 1991 fireblade

fuck da poleez

What do you mean? Same aesthetics as the little Honda? You could get >pic related, if you are a fucking mad lad.

what about this

Damn I wish there was something like canada's worst driver just for motorcycles

the 250cc bikes were built for the purpose of providing supersports to restricted licence holders (which most people were) which looked and had the same cornering ability/ergonomics as their 1000cc bikes but only 250cc to make them legal. This was the same concept with the 400cc supersports as this was the next restriction level up.

because they're not boring and neural like japanese bikes

About to go for a FUCKING rip

CBR400RR/900RR surely look the same.

i prefer the more organic/rip/tigerstripe style graphics from the 90s. Especially ones incorporating fluoro/bright colour palettes.

I think theyre fucking awesome. Never see anything like them anymore on bikes.

the geometric graphics are cool too but just more tame/boring

I'm the exact opposite. I prefer solid colors with an accent. Like:
Tough I'd prefer the tail be white too and just little hints of red, rather than almost 50/50

i've been busy working, have this one

RGV is a two smoke vtwin.

But Suzuki did have the gsxr250rr, gsx250f and so on.

also, this one

How much buttsex was had on that matress?

>I'm the exact opposite. I prefer solid colors with an accent. Like:

fair

I just think its so cool how on a bike you can buy them from factory with crazy graphics on them.

Thats just something that doesn't happen in cars, where as single colours+accents (still very rare) does happen sometimes in cars.

i also love graphics which pay homage to the manufacturer; e.g. italian bikes with red white and green graphics.

love it so much

Is that a dirt bike?

Its a horrible dirtbike and a horrible streetbike.

But it can sort of kind of do both, so theres that I guess?

as long as it has a great suspension and not heavy, it isnt important

post a cooler bike

protip
>ye can't

that is very cool

Rather have an xsr900.