/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Maki in the eyes of Oumafags edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 4/5/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwDld-kWZ2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mugi!

>tfw cant prove your nonsamefaggory bc of img limit
Feels bad.

I was trying to give her some credit desu

Koko!

>That OP
Delet this.

Gontafag returns.

Reminder that the protagonist spot was originally mine. Akamatsu-san took it from me then Saihara-kun took it. I was just taking it back, I did nothing wrong.

>new thread saimeno cuteness reminder.

>couldn't even hold the protagonist spot for a single chapter

Did they make the motives of NDRV3 chapters 2-4 shit on purpose?

Don't worry Kiibo, we don't blame you. Saihara's just being a dick.

I wanna fuck him

Good, lets do it together.

>Skips leg day once

At least I got to BTFO him right away lol.

That was fun.

Delet this. Gonta is for pure and pure only.

Something I've been wondering about regarding the normies and their schools is this: Let's say they're actually SHSLs, how did they hide for so long then?

It could be that TDR isn't as powerful as we think or the cast wasn't exactly well-documented before they bailed, including the possibility Maki really was registered as SHSL Caretaker in the past and TDR added her real talent to her motive video on purpose to rub the salt in.

He's a big boy. He can take it.

For you.

What the fuck.

Who'd even be in if the former?

Posting best girl!

DELET

Interesting, I never thought about that.

Maybe they went by different names and other disguises. I mean we only got Kaede, Saihara and Amami's names in the prologue.

Wonder what all those stats are

Heh. It's also scary that Gonta is confirmed to be from a rich family and not even he is safe from TDR.

This is true. We needed those names because it's to inform us something's really wrong with the censored names in the audition videos, while everyone else might not have wanted to give their names because they were still 'disguising'.

wait really? i thought the others gave out their names when they were normies.

Yeah. Makes you think there's more going on that we don't know about.

Nah. Kaede and Saihara exchanged names with each other while Amami gave out his name to Kaede and the others but only said he'd give out his name and nothing else. The others never introduced themselves because of the Monokumarz.

I don't think I remember the others saying their names either except for Kaede, Amami, and Saiharas.

Didn't the Monokumarz say some shit about them not being finished with their memories or some shit?

Yeah, if people are here willingly after all they shouldn't be acting like they know they're in hot soup. I really do think we're given enough pieces to work with and see that there's a lot wrong with the narrative at the end, as working out things logically while understanding the people involved are important in investigations and if we're sitting here putting the pieces together that's probably as we don't buy that the cast had lives so terrible they'd join a killing game when everything we've seen suggests otherwise.

It was their talents IIRC. Actually the Monokumarz fucking that up was important because if we never saw how the cast acted like as normies (Like how normie!Kaede and SHSL Kaede react exactly the same initially) or we could see that all of these alleged normies insist they have no talent, it'd be much easier for us to believe Shirogane's story.

Goodnight to those of you who are still awake

Though there's always the possibility that they got the RL shit after being done with their audition tapes as a way to get them to get them to forget that they wanted to do the killing game and kids wanting to escape. Would make for more entertainment on TV.

That's what I personally believe too. Anything to keep the audience engaged

There's always the possibility, but the thing with fiction is that the explanation behind what is going on has to be logical and already there's way too many things wrong with the 'story'.

Adding this on would crash the entire thing, on top of how it's already illogical as fuck that TDR would implant their so-called cameraman with the ability to upgrade himself and blow up the school. You're also never told why the hell people don't just escape their terrible life with harmless fiction like comic books, there's no indication the audience in chapter 6 is literally the whole world and so on.

Speaking of which, if Remembering Lights lose effectiveness on people who doubt them it's impossible for regular RLs to have been used to make them SHSLs when they insist they're normies. Logically speaking there's nothing to say a 'real' kind of light that actually restores memories exist.

Doubt it, because aside from a few seconds from sketchy videos there's not a single thing in the entire game that suggests anything remotely like 'Oh they wanted this'.

>TDR would implant their so-called cameraman with the ability to upgrade himself and blow up the school
You make it sound like they ever intended him to do it.

Good Morning

That's what I'm saying: Of all the illogical things we've been told (Why doesn't TDR just implant people with more fun personalities if life is dreadfully boring outside and rake in the cash? Why do we never get proof that people actually win cash prizes for joining the game?) the most illogical thing would be giving a robot the ability to blow the entire joint seeing he'd actually have to be made to have such capabilities.

Well, many of them, if they were SHSL, have the means of hiding or disguising themselves in some way. Additionally, they could've not been in hiding for very long.

Kaito already has the knowledge on how to falsify an identity. Maki, Shinguji, and Ouma are criminals who are already very good at hiding their identities. Tsumugi can easily disguise herself using her talent.

The only flaw is "they're SHSLs in hiding" theory is Hoshi. How would he have gotten out of prison to go into hiding?

>create a robot designed to be your slave
>give him a fucking independent mind that can only be influenced by an antenna
Kiibo pretty much is a fucking mystery in himself.

And there's also the emergency button thing on the back of his neck. Though I'm not sure if it's anything more than a shout out to Mechamaru.

All solid points, especially with regards to how Saihara mentioning that a recently-finished device was used to seal their memories might indicate they were caught pretty quickly.

> The only flaw is "they're SHSLs in hiding" theory is Hoshi. How would he have gotten out of prison to go into hiding?
I'm curious too, because Hoshi definitely has a school listed and considering his beta designs revolved around his prisoner identity I don't think that second 'talent' of his is merely a red herring. It could be however that someone saved him, if we assume that there is some kind of rebellion going on.

Aside from that how sure are we that everyone was kidnapped? Seeing that Shirogane still has her creepy blue eyes in the Space Mode ending it'd be weird if TDR could brainwash her so thoroughly simply by using Remembering Lights.

Kiibo was one of the earliest discussed characters for that reason, since the likelihood TDR would simultaneously make him just as a cameraman, give him high levels of sentience and have shitty precautions to keep him from giving them the middle finger defy even DR's loopy logic.

I haven't yet watched the entire sixth trial but have there been multiple Kiibos throughout the seasons or have they just been re-using the same one?

>Aside from that how sure are we that everyone was kidnapped?
Then it would mean some willingly went along with it.

I think that might have been the first Kiibo.

There's only been indication of Kiibo existing in this one.

Hmm, Amami I think counts on a technicality for this. Ouma's behavior in the prologue is also curious to me, especially as Nips have speculated he could be lying in the prologue since he acts so differently compared to his SHSL self.

Junko!

Both Shirogane and the Monokumaz come from the same group.
Why are people saying one is completely reliable while the other isn't?

It's implied that Kiibo was a new thing for this game.

Who is? I find both sides unreliable. Kinda wish Amami said more in the prologue and didn't get interrupted.

Because monokumerz fucked up the prologue.

>Ouma's behavior in the prologue is also curious to me, especially as Nips have speculated he could be lying in the prologue since he acts so differently compared to his SHSL self.
Or he was just truly confused and scared as the others .

And that gives them reliability?

That would mean Shirogane and Amami. But for the latter he doesn't seem to recognize the people who set this particular game up calling it a silly copycat routine.

That doesn't mean they're reliable.

reminder that monofunny won the amamibowl

To start with I don't think Shirogane's BSing on everything, however the 'strongest' piece of evidence she has is actually the weakest in that the prologue contradicts her and she says she doesn't know if she was brainwashed.

As for the Monokumarz notice that they tell the cast they lost their memories due to the SHSL Hunt, but the cast doesn't bring it up until Amami asks about it. That means this bit of info was something lost between the first prologue and the re-take, and if SHSL Hunt was just part of the show it wouldn't make sense to not keep that. Kaede also recalls a scene in the prologue where she seals her memories like what shows up for Saihara later, and because Remembering Lights work in a way where people instantly 'remember' something, as she died before chapter 2 there would be no sense in TDR implanting memories of this only to show it later.

So it's less that the Monokumarz are reliable as characters, and more that what they said has backup from an independent source.

Actually I wouldn't say any of them were freaked out except for Saihara initially, and Ouma was among the calmer ones in the prologue but he wasn't the only one.

Good!

right!

Kokichi is a good leader!

>more that what they said has backup from an independent source.
Except there's no way to tell if that memory was completely true and not implanted by the first RL.
They could deliberately plant an "incomplete memory" to make the full one more believable.
And whose to say that Amami wasn't implanted with memories of the SHSL Hunt first?

Cute! Source?

I wanna bully Iruma sexually

They were definitely freaked out going by Tenko and Kaito's reactions.

beautiful
i needed more monomami art

Didn't Amami ask about SHSL Hunt because it was mentioned on his Monopad? He probably just asked about it to see if anyone else knew what it was.

He asked because he knew about it, as stated in his Monopad, though whether he really did knew or it was implanted is unknown. The "clue",
after all, was essentially a trap to isolate and get him killed.

Why do I ship Amami x Monofunny so much? Kinda reminds me of Nanami x Monomi or Komaeda x Monomi but better.

Really I think the only fake scenarios completely ruled out are the Gopher Plan and the Remnant nonsense. The other possibilities presented are still somewhat viable.

It's hard to tell in what exact way the faked deaths and SHSL Hunt are related to what TDR did to them and frankly the game doesn't give the info necessary to link them.

Man, this feels like FNAF theorizing all over again. That was a crazy year.

because you have good taste

Well as you said it's unknown if he knew about it or not since it just said his first memory would be of SHSL Hunt

--- Monopad with Survivor's Benefits
Amami, as the survivor, has received benefits in the form of this Monopad.

Hint to end the killing game

The true mastermind of the killing game is hiding in this academy.
The chance to find them is when a spare Monokuma is needed.
At that time, the mastermind will always go to a secret room in the heart of the library.

I promise this hint is true, and here is some proof.
Your first memory is about the "SHSL Hunt."

Only share this info with people you trust.
This will determine if you live or die.

From Amami Rantarou.

I hope we never get an explanation and V3 is the last game.

When Buzz lightyear's execution failed

Yeah, that's the one.
It's really notable that the both the info and the motive of 2-day limit led Amami to his death.
Shirogane could have admitted it and got off scot-free due to the "first prize", but because of Kaede's ball, Kaede got herself executed instead.

Well only thing to find out if Amami himself wrote that or TDR. Plus it's not like the Monopad really lied about anything on there.

Shirogane would still find some way to pin the crime on someone as she wouldn't want to end the game so soon. Kaede just so happened to give her that perfect opportunity to frame her.

Technically you're right. The mastermind/ringleader would appear at the library to get spare Monokuma. Just that the secret passageway wasn't made known. Mastermind/ringleader was at the heart of the library. Amami just was caught off guard long enough not to notice the sneak attack. If he had turned around, he'd have encountered the mastermind.

"First prize" meant she could leave without having to go to trial if she admitted guilt, leaving everyone else behind.

But you're literally forgetting she's the mastermind behind the killing game and as such wouldn't want the game to end so soon.

>Plus it's not like the Monopad really lied about anything on there.
IIIRC the monopad also had a "complete map of the entire building" (which wasn't true at all since it didn't show the secret bathroom passage nor the room where that big monokuma head was) and the solution to all the puzzles

It's official, dr wikia's entries for v3 are retarded beyond the point of no return. Hopefully localization and kuzuanon will make them better, but that's mostly wishful thinking.

Technically, Monokuma never stated that it would "end" if the murderer took the "first prize". So Shirogane could claimed it, and then operate from behind the scenes while the other continued playing the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=MwDld-kWZ2g

Well that's just not showing the whole truth but not necessarily lying about anything. Though I thought the room where the Monokuma head was is the same place where the mastermind room is at unless I'm getting them mixed up.

Unless they literally said "complete map of the entire building" .

I guess she could always do that assuming there was another way back into the school where nobody sees her from. Guess Kaede just went and fucked herself and Amami over.

>Amami's pad is in the secret room and that's his other survivor priviledge. His map has all secret rooms and puzzle solutions.

> Yumeno is out because, just like in DR1, there is a secret passage connecting the secret room to a bathroom locker.
> This secret passage is so secret, it wasn't even on Amami's "complete" survivor priviledge map.

I'm using Comun as a source b t w

It is exactly this that makes me disgusted with Kaede's idiocy there. I understand that mass annihalation is a very pressing reason but the mastermind's picture or whoever the cameras would capture is still better than blindly roll a cannon ball down a vent shaft and pray you got the right person.

You really should've stayed away from there. Who knows, maybe you'd get to be a protag for longer.
Not that it would've helped you much.

Eh. I guess. Maybe Kuzu will help back it up when he gets here.

>This secret passage is so secret, it wasn't even on Amami's "complete" survivor priviledge map.
So it really was a trap to get him killed...

I still can't believe that she thought her plan would work. It was so dumb and was based on entirely luck. Even Sayaka put more thought into her plan. Kaede could have just laid low and go with Saihara's plan instead of doing what she did which Shinguji even mocked her for not taking in the possibility of the mastermind being able to mess with the cameras.

>The reason why the mastermind stole Amami's survivor Monopad was because it had "The ringleader is in the academy" written on it.

What happens if you beat the sewer game after chapter 1?

No shit. Even then the trap wouldn't have worked if Kaede didn't get involved.

Which was a stupid reason since anyone with a brain could figure that out.

Morning /drg/
>Kaede could have just laid low and go with Saihara's plan
saihara's plan didn't make sense. the game doesn't end when you capture the mastermind but when you kill the mastermind. Even monokuma said it. That's why I understand her plan.
Tsumugi was going to kill him with or without kaede's plan. The game needed to continue and Tsumugi knew Amami could be a problem.
Then you can think everything you want

What's even worse is that on her wikia page part for Kiibo says that he "would avenge her wrongful execution by killing Tsumugi and ending the killing game". Like, wtf is that? That just makes her sound like a dundu.

I'm still glad that I got the "unnamed younger twin sister" part off that page. I just added "unconfirmed" to it and 10 minutes later it was gone and never appeared again. Feels good.