Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/
pastebin.com/4tx6HNFt
youtu.be/P7d_sDVKgfE
youtube.com/watch?v=epn7Ne7-iMc
youtube.com/watch?v=xCPV5phyQIg
youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_uHJPUlO8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Danger won the poll for the next /smtg/ sings. Reply to this post with your recording.

Recording Site:
vocaroo.com/

Lyrics:
pastebin.com/4tx6HNFt

Tico Tico Tii~

Is this general filled with Nocturne and persona fags? How many have played older SMT games.

While Intelligent System is remaking a bad NES SRPG they should remake Majin Tensei, because we know Atlus wouldn't. and it would make up for SMTxFE being neither SMT or FE

1 dude was playing through KMT1/2 and like 4 other anons respounded back with tips and that got either 1 or 2 more peeps in.

I am certain like a good 50% of peeps here has atleast tried to play SMT 1 and a good 30% have beaten.

Worse, I'm a DeSu fag.

should I play SMT 1 or 2?

KMT first

SMT 1 OR 2 MUTHERUCKER
WHICH ONE

You mean best.

SMT1.
Don't listen to the members, KMT is not worth it.

If you are going to play both might as well start with 1. If you have to pick one or the other play 2. I liked them both but I liked the story and characters in smt 2 a lot more. Has a ton of backtracking though. Also kind of easy, didn't really need to grind or do much fusion.

KMT is good user. Just not as good as SMT 1 or SMT 2

I found the begining of SMT 1 to be one of the best starts in video game history. You are just some down on your luck kid, and slowly but surely the hometown you grow up in gets infested with demons and then fucking thor nukes it.

SMT 1 is not worth it ether. It has little outside of historic value. SMT 2 is better in every way and even that's something I'd only suggest to fans of the series.

I agree completely on the start of SMT I. Shame the gameplay and fusion system are kind of lame.

Yea but I did not mind it and still had fun with it.
Got a friend into SMT via SMT 1 but it can be cryptic at times.

Wish that SMT localization was on the fucking andriod. Been wanting to replay it but the Snes version is so fucking slow.

People always say how easy SMT 2 is, but I just remember an early game difficulty spike where the game goes from "I walk over everything" into "oh my YHVH, these random encounters destroy me".

Also YVHV was way harder than anything that came before it and made me use save states.

YVHV was just tedious not really hard. I didn't even know I'd directly be thrown into it. Thank god I had another demon with deathbound. Took forever to kill him doing 300 hp a turn.

>YHVH harder then anything else
Yes I had to go out and grind a bit to get me Metatron. Also I went Law since I remembered some user, I think beadman made an autistic post (wish I still had it) about how law is the shit and ALWAYS has the best endings.

Law is the hardest route in the game IMO. Unlike in SMT 1 where its neutral. Sure Satan is nice but I would rather have Shiva for his OP 1/4 HP ability. The archangels were a bitch as well.

>Unlike in SMT 1 where its neutral.
Is there something on neutral that's immune to charm bullets? Only way it could be anything but trivial.

>SMT fans slug through and enjoy not one, not two, not three, but FOUR classic/old/outdated games on the SNES and beg for more
>Persona fags can't even be bothered to play a fucking PSP remake

harder=/= hard i should have specified that.

Not having Beelzebub/Messiah armor and having to fight more bosses is harder but yea I forgot how OP charm bullets/Zio were.

Masakado's armor and sword made neutral a cakewalk so it doesn't really matter.

Forgot about this ok nevermind then about any route of smt 1 being harder then another.

My point still stands about smt 2. Only having one demon with that 1/4 hp spell is a bitch.

I miss this game so much. It's been like three years since I last shitposted about it on here, but I just have never found anything similar. RIP.

youtu.be/P7d_sDVKgfE

Holy fuck, that sounds great.

P3P got lots of play.

Why is he so perfect bros?

>I remember playing this game

Nocturne fans just play nocturne and complain about every other game.
Persona 4 fans just play P3 4 and 5 and complain about every other game.
True megaten fan plays and enjoys every game in the franchise

*except P4 because it's just bad

You can force me to play every game, but you can't force me to enjoy the shitty ones.

I think there's probably more P3-4 crossover than P4-5 crossover

P5fags especially like shitting on P4 as if it's the worst thing ever when they're not really that different.

Did you copy this from /v/ or something?

Jokes on you I haven't finish ANY SMT game

100% OC baby

why does dds net download a virus?

youtube.com/watch?v=epn7Ne7-iMc

Best Neutral theme.

>virus
That's the Demon Summoning Program, you dummy.

It's a dead forum that no one used, not even the admins, so I guess someone just swooped in and took it for themselves.
A shame since I liked the way the site looked.

Those are viruses, you can't even delete them.

Well, of course you can't delete your gift.

Pozzing my neghole with your satanic shenanigans isn't my idea of a gift

>93 metacritic
>bad

That sad why the fuck is nuSona reviewed so high? You'd think it's considered a niche dating sim for normalfags

>Shoji Meguro never did a Cathedral of Shadows theme

what a shame

youtube.com/watch?v=xCPV5phyQIg

>usually not too challenging
>not a lot of that scary gameplay in between the more relaxing daytime stuff.
>is more story focused
>gotta get respect points from those fanboys

>popular weebshit in recent years
>mechanically sound like most of its series
Luck of open minded interviewers in this day and age?

>Shin Megami Tensei V
>alignments matter again
>6 party members
>playable heroine
>persona 5 style negotiation
>hitting weaknesses is basically a baton pass to a demon who's alignment matches yours
>vitality is back
>protagonist no longer learns magic
>sword fusion is back
>swords and guns provide skills
>skills can be passed onto other swords/guns via sacrifice fusion
>moon phases

do the different alignment of healers in SMT1 change your alignment when you use them?

The shift is so insignificant that it doesn't even matter.

>things that will never happen

is it the same with the demons you summon?
im just trying to be neutral

Since /pg/ is really useless when it comes to in-game questions that aren't about waifus I thought I'd try here.

In Persona 5 is it possible to get Black X items from Mementos treasure chests? Been trying to get a Black Rock for about an hour and a half and I haven't seen a single Black item, I don't have any lockpicks left and I haven't made the eternal lockpick, and no one seems to know if it's only behind locked chests or not.

I don't remember finding itemization items in mentos but checking online there seems to be some people claiming they do drop there. Could be on a deeper level so maybe try grinding the last floors for a while after you're done the last palace you can finish early Shido's

Don't think summoning demons affects it, only killing them.

>okay
>okay
>gay
>gay
>gay
>okay
>okay
>gay
>gay guns only you magic fag
>okay

I'm trying to find it within the day but it just seems like I'll have to keep going forward if I intend on getting it, I'm at the 2nd to last palace still so I got 2 more areas to unlock, I have gotten tired of repeating the same floors over and over again with nothing to show so I'll probably give up, thanks user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_uHJPUlO8

Which person is Demi-fiend supposed to be based on?

Okay, I just got to Tokyo in SMT4 and I'm running around in Ueno.

I won't lie, I'm completely lost. I think thats probably the point.

What am I doing?

Use the map function and fill it out by exploring. It's really just that simple.

Get to the underground district first, though, so you have a source of healing and a way to travel back to mikado. Have you found it yet?

I found a tavern and a terminal so I'd imagine I'm on the right track but I can't seem to find anyway to progress from there.

Talk to people and keep on exploring.
It's really very straight forward.

If IV confuses you stay away from I and II.

>everything bad about SMT in one post

Fuck off IVbaby.

>Vit, six party members and sword fusion is bad
k.

>press turn to same alignment only
SJfag please

>Vit
You have health, VIT just forces you to waste skill points.
>six party members
For what fucking reason would you want this?
>sword fusion
Retarded idea.

What about
>light and dark come back
>physical attacks use hp

Oh ok.

So what you're actually supposed to is talk to everyone, and someone will give you a quest to kill a monster called Peallaidh. Talking to everyone in general really helps in SMT4 if you have no idea what to do next or where to go.

Talk to the npcs in the background of the hunter's association. You should get a Peallaidh Extermination quest. From there leave underground Ueno by the south exit. You should end up in the Shinobazu Pond, a place with some water and platforms, which is where the boss of that quest is waiting.

I appear to be completely retarded, as I can't seem to find the alternate path leading into Tsukiji Honganji in Apocalypse. Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Also, what apps do you all recommend? Their costs are insane so I feel like I need to prioritize.

I got Demonlingual and a few skill slot upgrades and one stock upgrade but thats it.

>glass cannon gameplay is great
What's the downside to six party members? Ranks could be added, If we get human party members they could be taking two of those spaces if usable and difficulty wouldn't be hit depending on other factors.
How is sword fusion bad? With compendium it's not bad adding more customability with weapons, wasn't bad in prior games and wouldn't be bad now.
Hell most the shit in that list excluding the P5 negotiation, the alignment press turn and maybe the gun skills/no magic is mostly innoffensive.

>physical attacks use hp

>alignments matter again
How so? In an autistic SJ sense where your entire team has to be your alignment? In that case, fuck no.

>6 party members
No.

>playable heroine
Why?

The current negotiation system is fine, fuck off. If literal children whine because RNG fucks em over once in a while then let them.

>baton pass
No, no, and no. Leave that shit out of SMT. It breaks the game way too easily.

>vit
Why? Just another stat to waste.

>protag no longer learns magic
No. What the fuck? Magic builds are fun.

>sword fusion
This would be so pointless but all right.

>swords/guns give skills
Sure.

>pass on skills
Sure.

>moon phases
Sure, but they break shit way too easily. Balance them and maybe.

Which day?

>>protagonist no longer learns magic
This.
Also make it so that sword fusing a demon will essentially give you their signature skill that scales with STR.
Guns should be gun damage with ailments like in SMT1/2 or if you are a gun build you could get elemental ammo but it would be shit for other builds.

MP recovery>>>Skill slots>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scout+>Demon slots

I'd claim that the world maps of 1 and 2 are easier to read than the horror of SMT IV.

Only truly annoying part I remember was that you had to go to random place at Post Flood Tokyo.

You won't find it immediately. Go into Ginza and go to the place where you meet Masakado in 4, the plot will direct you where you need to go.

For early game, go for skill slot apps for you and your demons, stock apps, maybe fusion boosters if you can afford them. Around midgame you'll want to focus on summon discount apps, skill and gift augment, and the demon negotiation apps. At endgame you'll probably want the stat boosters.

Skill slots for both demons and you and stock slots. MP recovery isn't necessary but a nice bonus if you have autism and can't use consumables.
I found the fusion boost very useful in my master playthrough just to get a bit more options in the early game.

It's been so long since I played 4 that I've actually forgotten where that is.

It's after you slay Shesha proper and Isabeau joins your party.

I found getting dropped off at nuked tokyo a bit annoying as you're led to Shinjuku first rather than Shibuya.
Once triggered the Ozawa shit before activating the Heroine flag and I released Psychodiver when exploring so it led to him not going to Shibuya. Dead game.
I feel like I'm the only one who had that ever happen.
Where in flooded tokyo though you refering to? Imperial Palace with Masakado or the Govt building in Shinjuku?

Also the battle system I'd want is a hybrid press turn with skills that take half a turn but no extra turns.
Switching demons and passing turn would take half a turn and all other actions take a full turn.

West exist inside of Ginza.

But is Toki in your party yet?

I don't believe I've met a Toki yet, so no.

I see.

>Where in flooded tokyo though you refering to?
Honestly don't remember. It's been a while and my memory is null. I just remember not knowing where to go and referring to walkthrough that advised me towards tiny building, at far edge of the map.

Also the game being buggy mess is kinda different thing. You can still easily see from glance where you can walk, something that can't be said of IV.

God damn it, I knew it was something obvious I'd missed. Turns out it was a doorway next to a staircase I'd somehow overlooked multiple times aboveground in Ginza.
Brb, gonna kill self

It's probably meeting Masakado at Imperial Palace, then.

4's map's problem isn't that you can't tell where to walk, it's just how mazelike it is, which the game gives you a pretty easy to read map function to help with.

The map of 4does little to help navigating through tunnels. I'm playing SMT IV for second time in a week and I had totally forgotten how to reach Shibuya by feet.

>6 party members
>playable heroine
>hitting weaknesses is basically a baton pass to a demon who's alignment matches yours
Complete garbage ideas.

Speaking of SMT IV and maps.

Anyone else experienced falling under the ground in the outdoor, but not map areas of blasted Tokyo?

>garbage idea

What. It makes perfect sense, it hammers home on how humans are weak.

And the point of all these games is that only humans have the strength to change the fate of the world? Fuck off