E30

What's the deal with this car? Why is it so overrated? It's just an old BMW.

Feels gud man

what makes you think it's over rated?

Because BMW owners go on about them like they'd give their left nut for one

2bh, it's the sort of car I look at and think, that's what my grandad would own.

>Easy to fix because no vanos
>Parts are relatively cheap
>swaps are relatively easy to do becuase It had an inline six in it from factory\
>If you choose not to Swap it the stock M20 is smooth and takes boost well.
>huge aftermarket
>Manual models are easy to find
>LSD diffs are easy to find.

they are cheap

>LSD diffs
>limited slip differential diffs

Clearly he meant Lysergic Acid Diethlamide Diffs.

They used to be one of the best rwd platforms on the market when they were cheap.

Now they aren't because the price range they are in puts them up against some pretty tough competition but what they do have going for them is:
>LSD are relatively easy to find
>Simple parts and interchange between models
>Reliable motors
>Stiff chassis
>Timeless looks, sort of retro modern
>Lots of feel
>Can be had with creature comforts without weighing to much

They are too expensive now and there are better options for the price but they are sought after for a reason.

where can i find an lsd easily

Ebay, BMW junkyards,The Diffs off E28's E24's & E23's all fit provided you swap the rear cover plate.

how does this compare to e28 etc

E28 is more comfy, less aftermarket though.

from what I hear from most bmw owners is that they dont like the e30 because its too "old"

Whats wrong with the E30? I always thought they were pretty cool

so e30 is the best old bmw

This is a true statement

Dumping more E30's to make OP understand

Used to easily be able to find a decent E30 325is a few years back for around $2,000. Now all the drifters and hondafags are jumping onto the E30/E36 meme, because all the clean 240sx or civic si are drying up.

Now people are trying to sell their 318is for 5k, which to some people, isn't worth it.
Well, to me; it isn't.

Those are new BMW owner that bought the car for the badge, Us older owners know them as Badge whores.

They should generally be avoided becuase they don't know shit.

These are really cool shots

>watching 80's group A racing in straya
>turbo sierra's and skylines
>v8 commodores
>2.5? Litre n/a BMWs still win on some tracks because they handle so good
German engineering.

I had a manual E30 325i series 2 as my first car. Was a great car to drive and really reliable, only issue I had in 5 years was a dead fuel pump because of clogged fuel filter, 50 dollarydoo fix in Australia for new pump and 15 dollardoo for filter. I thrashed the fk out of that thing and it had 270,000 kms on it and never failed me. Its awesome fun to drive around the coast and has a mint steering feel. Shame I plowed a kangacunt in it, could have fixed it but sold it to a guy who's putting the m20 in his coupe. The engines last forever and have a great 'coming on the cam feel' at about 3k rpm. Would recommend, I miss it.

they had 2.3 litre 4 bangers
and yeah they were still winning races against awd GTR's in the 90's despite being severely low on power
e30 is the most victorious road racing car ever built.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was 2.3 or 2.5, but they only competed with the gtr after it was hit hard with weight penalties and boost caps - not really a fair comparrison.
Stood up to the DR30 and HR31 however!

These posts pretty much sums up what's good about them on a performance standpoint. What makes them attractive is that they straddle a weird line between small family sedan and racecar and that's what I think makes them so popular - you can build one up to do really well on track, but still be able to carry more than 1 passenger and plenty of luggage if you're also dailying it. You just can't do that with miatas and other cars that they get compared to.

They're very lovable cars. They're not quick, they're not perfect but if you have a passion for them, they're really nice. I had a 318is that I unfortunately crashed because of an idiot driver that can't signal. Now I just bought a mint 316i, in almost perfect condition.

Tfw 5k is considered cheap for a 318is in Australia

Nah mate, I see 318s cheaper than 5k all the time. I'll admit there are some dipshits that think "any E30 = M3" though which they then over price.

I sold my crashed 318is and the guy repaired it and sold it for 9K in Germany. The prices of 318is are getting insane in Europe

Mfw i bought my e30 for $600 5 years ago.

From the first time i drove it it was different from any other car. I just melded with it like it became and extention of my body.

Nah, e30s only came with the m20 motor, which was dismal power. E24s and e28's came with the m30, which is God's gift to man.