Veeky Forums approved games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3qeLAQJL9HQ
youtu.be/F34NwyPvlTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gran Turismo? I've learned quite a few things about cars, mostly theoretical stuff though, but still, through playing GT4 and 5

F O R Z A 4
O
R
Z
A

Forza horizon 3

/thread

Forza in general IMO. it has improved so much over the years. instead of recycling old car models they took a risk and dumped them to re-make them for the next gen.

All they really need now is Rally in the Motorsport series and i don't think Gran Turismo will really have anything else over it.

So what about Gran Turismo in general? is it still approved?

Need for Speed

looking forward to the new gran turismo

Meanwhile Polyphony Digital is still using models from 2004 and hasn't made a new game since 2013, and even that one was more like an update to GT5 than a full new game.

the pic in the op was literally me yesterday wtf

Drifting in Tsukuba with a front-wheel-drive? Strange coincidence.

I was in a mazda 6 like that sliding around the autocross track because fuel-saver tires kek

Sure, Gran TUrismo 4 left a big impression on people and back in those days it really was ahead of its time doing what no other racing game anywhere on the planet could do (the car count was insane). it just feels like its progressing at a snail's pace now compared to so many other titles. its almost like the Developers don't care like they used to or they have crippling Autism that keeps them from advancing because things have to be done a certain way or they scrap it entirely.

NFS rivals and NFS most wanted

2015 is only good if you have aspergers like me and want to spend hours designing wraps

What if you ignore the graphics, and look at gameplay?

IT'S THE CRUELEST JOKE TO PLAY

are you going to whine here too ?

Midnight club?

What?

The only REAL complaint I can think of right now for GT5 is that I can't drive my MX-5's with the roof down. But at least there's the photo travel option so I can take pretty pictures of them

Whatever happened to that guy?

He died.

Gameplay is still great but the endless copies of cars and the terrible sound can limit the fun for me. it can also make endurance races that much more difficult.
>listening to vacuum cleaner noises for 10+ laps
I also don't know if i'm the only one who gets this feeling but the sense of speed also feels off. i could be going 100+ MPH but because it feels more like i'm going 60 i don't brake hard enough.

Lack of customization also really hurts gameplay imo. you can't nigga-fy your car you can't rice it up and you can't even go paint it any colour you want or put custom decals on it.

One thing i''ll give Gran Turismo over Forza is the genius power limiting settings. you can choose to limit your car's power so you can enter naturally more powerful cars in lower classes which is something i fucking loved and wish Forza would implement. adding weight ballast is also very helpful.

GTA isn't bad, the problem is it's 2017 and still using the same audio from the PS1 games for engine noise.

He couldn't take the bantz and went to reddit
I wish I was kidding

fuck you man, that song is stuck in my head now
>get it?
>in my head

AND YOU'RE IN MY HEAD AND YOU'RE IN MY HEAD SO I NEED IT
(guitar noises)

I know you meant GT and not GTA and I agree with you, but at least they aren't distorted trash like Shitza

If you were to look at the behind the scenes stuff, Gran Turismo easily takes the cake. The creator is a professional racing driver, raced in N24 on several years, and they host the GT Academy with Nissan. No matter how "hip" and "super good-looking" Forza is, it can't compete with that

That just sounds like a bunch of prestige bullshit they can use for PR and marketing.
>our game might be ass in many ways but we are VERY serious about racing.

Midnight Club 2
GT2 / GT3 / GT4
GTA SA / 4
Probably Forza but I never played it
Live For Speed (we used to have a very active Veeky Forums vpn server in 2010).
NFS: Hot Pursuit 2

Fuck, the PC demo for that game had that song and 10th grade me HAD to buy the full game when it came out.

It still holds up to this day. It was the first game that 3rd grade me ever played.

*on the ps2

I wouldn't know about marketing, I learned of Kazunori's racing background from the description of one of the cars he drove in N24, but still, I'd say it's a better PR than "look how amazing the game looks, isn't this the most important thing ever"

Finland simulator 1995

Saatana vittu

CRASH
TEAM
RACING

top kek

The dev said he might add suicide.

youtu.be/3qeLAQJL9HQ

But it isn't just looks. they don't spam the game with endless useless copies of cars and they have customization which basically gives you more content and better immersion. isn't that one of the purposes of a game? to do stuff you couldn't do in the real world not be restricted once again by things like
>oops! you can't paint your virtual car that colour because you haven't bought another virtual car that adds that colour to your roster
WTF. also as far as i'm concern people's personal career working on the game from the outside don't really impact the game on the inside. adding Clarkson's narration adds to the game but i don't really know what good knowing one of the main people behind the game was a racing driver does for the enjoyment of it.

related. What does Veeky Forums think of Forza Motorsport 7? I plan to pre order it as I loved it on the console> I don't have an XBox One though so I'd be playing on PC and it's the first Forza game with a full PC release

Yeah, I got the full game on PS2. It was decent but there was a lot of frame dropping or geneal bogging. I was too busy playing San Andreas back then.

Garrys mod

It isn't really out yet and they are slowly but surely teasing the full car roster each week on their website. supposedly going to have 700 cars from the get-go including the most Porsches of any game right off the bat. it could easily have nearly 1000 cars by the time they add all the DLC. we could end up seeing cars that were never before seen in a racing game.

Id highly recommend it cause you can't go wrong at this point. if you are playing it on PC you likely have Windows 10 (wish it was for 7 but micro$oft has to do everything they can to shill 10) Forza series is one of the few series i actually feel safe pre-ordering. its hard to fuck up a racing game and this should be the best one since Forza 4.

Perhaps the lack of customization is because they don't target the 12-year-old demographic, but more of the aficionado demographic. I find the used car system before GT6 to be quite good, there's a certain charm to bying a used car, and the variety of different year models with certain differences to them, sure mostly unnoticeable, also has that tiny bit of realism to it.

>paying for cars that youll just end up getting free in the next game
The forza series is alright depsite its flaws but thats just fucked up

Its good because its like you are partially funding developmental aspects of the game series. a lot of game's DLC don't really do much of anything for the overall series. in Forza when people buy these cars it ensures there is interest and they put time into making more models that will likely make another appearance since the model already exist now and has payed for itself to the developers.

At gran turismo's pace you'd be lucky if any of these cars made it into the game within your life time.
>no BMW M1 in Gran Turismo
>no DLC or future content release in sight
>Forza added this car a long time ago

my summer car is the only acceptable answer

lets also mention the fact that gt has about 50 miatas. I love the game but holy shit guys

Who gives a rat's ass about some retarded beamer

Forza is dying a slow death for sure, but the physics are nice if not 100% accurate and the ability to mod cars any way you want is nice.
Forza hasn't had a good track record of PC optimization. Wait for reviews.
It's not just visual customization, it's all the goofy stuff too. They let you put an LS3 in almost anything.
DUDE KEN BLOCK BRAH waa annoying but this game had a god tier soundtrack, god-tier simcade physics, and god-tier tracks. I'm still mad that dirt 3 gets backwards compatibility but not the superior 2.

In the used car system it was good, it made finding rare cars an accomplishment, although GT6 you can just buy any rarities

M1 is a pretty historic car f am

>Forza is dying a slow death for sure
Really? it seems like its blowing up and becoming ever more so popular. most people had not even heard of forza about 10 or 15 years ago now there are people who regularly make videos and playthroughs giving it its own youtube community.

And thus it is losing what made it great. Less shitboxes with unique driving characteristics, more supercars. Less unique, tight, made up or real tracks, more flowing tracks just to push Hypercars. Lack of event list. Lack of car gifting. Lack of a real storefront. Lack of free mods based on manufacturer affinity to fuck around with dumb shitbox builds. FH3 worries me about what direction the franchise is headed in.

>playing forza 6 in online race
>shitters cant brake and cause pile ups on the first 2 turns
>next race it happens again
I'll just stick to iracing

And that's another thing I was just reminded of: no publicly available list of custom lobbies for fm6, not to mention they've ditched the descriptions of part upgrades. I miss seeing what parts I was installing other than what "stage" they were.

BeamNG is pretty fun to fuck around with.

Can you simulate being a rider?

sandbox car games are usually the best to fuck around with

Everything in the game is suicide already

Yes, but they cant do THIS.

the angel of death

>Less shitboxes with unique driving characteristics
They added the Crown Victoria and Pontiac Aztek so i wish pretty fucking hyped for that. If they added a W-body Buick Regal id cream my fucking pants on the spot.
>Less unique, tight, made up or real tracks
Hopefully they are adding more in Forza 7. Maple Valley and Bernese Alps were the shit in Forza 4. the track in forza 5 (Circuit de Prague) was another made up track and shit that felt as scenic as Mario Kart.
>Lack of car gifting
Yea, i missed that too in Forza 4.

He is apparently going to add a computer.
It got into an experimental build by accident. but didnt do anything then.

the sense of speed in a gran turismo game is completely non-existent, it just feels like the cars are floating and skidding through the track, it's just so dull.

you can go 300 km/h and still feel like it's 60 on a straight, and that's not even mentioning the god awful sounds

Thank god polyphony is getting their shit together for the next game

Try NFSU2 if you want to feel fast.

That game is fun as hell when you're fast, but even Forza has a good attempt at making you experience speed

the blur, control shaking
GT6 feels like you're on a mag-lev train every time you exceed 50 mph

This, GT doesnt even try to simulate speed

I agree. M1 is a great one of cars out there.

>noone mentioning enthusia

Ive only ever heard of it, want is at an unsafe level

Ayy, GMOD driving is the shit, too bad TDM cars don't have higher topspeeds or manual transmissions, try out the simfphys base, you won't be disappointed

It makes it extremely awkward to try and reenact Initial D. in Initial D it looks like they are blowing by shit even when he only has sub 200 HP (obviously the sense of speed in Initial D is off too)

But when you play Eurobeat you obviously want to go fast but
>BACK ON THE ROCKS, BACK ON THE ROCKS, BE THERE! YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR MIND TOGETHER
>shitbox slower crawls around a corner
>song is already long over by the time to finished a quarter of the entire track

pic related is the only game worth playing and fuck you consol fags. arcade only.

Ive played around with simphys a bit but its really not something i enjoy, customization is great but in the end id rather just script settings on non simphys cars

As someone who played gran turismo for years, this is so fucking true.

Remember that B license test where you had to accelerate and brake in a Dodge Viper?
Even that felt slow as fuck.

What about [spoiler] FlatOut? [/spoiler]

it costs literally pennies, emulating it also shouldnt be an issue

Dirt Rally was pretty fantastic, and dirt 3 got the "complete edition" on pc with the games for windows live stripped out

I'm aware of rally, what I liked about 2 was the other disciplines and being able to run any vehicle on any track in multiplayer. Used to play with a few guys who did this, we'd run rally cars through a mix of trailblazer, rallycross, rally, and stadium truck courses, with setup on to help the cars adjust.

/ovg/ is over here dude

You can actually download windows 10 for free and legally if you go to their official page and download it because of a accessibility program. youtu.be/F34NwyPvlTE

pic related
>gay tripfag drama general

Not seeing any more tripfags than I do in any other thread desu. A lot of that shit that went on in that general stopped like a year ago now.

Why would Veeky Forums need to simulate that when it's their daily experience?