What the fuck are they doing?

What the fuck are they doing?

Generally not giving a fuck. It's what they do.

I used to work data acquisition / data analysis / software programming / full-vehicle test management for them until 2010. I had bbq lunch with Willie G (he only came to announce they were shutting down our facility though).

>had bbq lunch with Willie G
>(he only came to announce they were shutting down our facility though)
Sounds like a good time.

What the fuck are they supposed to do?

After the '08/'09 market crash we all knew it was coming.

While I knew plenty of ppl who DD'd harleys, most people see them as a luxury item for weekends or a hobby toy.

Nothing too wrong. They sell a shit load of bikes to not only too boomers but 30~ year olds too.

this

bench racers like to exagerrate shit

They have literally claimed that millennials are destroying their company since they don't buy their bikes.

Going bankrupt slowly?

No, "millenials" do buy their bikes - just used ones. I've always wanted a de-stickered crossbones. I'm a sucker for springers and Native-American-inspired pinstriping.

Making motorcycles I would assume

The shopping mall near me is getting a dealership for some reason.

yep, the whole problem the bike industry is currently facing is that there isn't really a need to buy a new bike because bikes that are even 10 years old, are still comparable to the latest and greatest model.

That and there's so many used motorcycles flooding the market that it makes sense to just buy used, especially because people in the U.S don't keep their motorcycles for very long periods of time.

I was involved in testing the prototypes of the trike. I kid you not, our codename for it was "Project Boomer." It was designed specifically for disabled/lazy boomers and disabled veterans. There was a huge aftermarket trike market and Harley wanted a piece. Designing the reverse was a nightmare (the original design - a fat DC motor [rolleyes] - nearly killed one of our testers).

What do you guys think of the Street Rod?

It doesn't seem to be worth the money, at all.

making bikes for boomers to buy then desperately try to sell for 5% under MSRP because they didn't actually buy it because they enjoy or ride motorcycles

Getting BTFO by indian.

Going slow and making noise, leaking oil when parked.

make a proper bike

Kek