Real Car Guy General

Friendly reminder that you aren't a REAL car guy unless you're poor, completely alone, and think about suicide every single day of your life.

>mfw

What if I'm almost dirt poor, married and once in a while look at modern car culture and get suicidal

Hey guys

are you spying on me user

Sounds like me

what is it about Veeky Forums that makes it such a magnet for the destitute and downtrodden? the vast majority of people don't seem to be happy with their life and I can't help but notice that I spend a lot less time here when I have good stuff going on

im poor and i work a job where i get tipped well
i want to off myself almost hourly but i know itd effect my family too much

>tfw poor
>tfw no friends or family
>tfw my accord is my only friend

op is right

Well I guess this is the thread for me.

Any of you guys ever fix a bumper with a rubber mallet? The bumper has a downward slope to it but one edge has been flattened into an orthogonal plane. I only succeeded in making it smaller but couldn't get rid of it using a 16 oz mallet, thinking I need a smaller one.

Damnit, guess that makes me a real car guy

>why would i need to kill myself when i have my car, the road, and enough money for gas

This but I still have recalled takata airbags does this count as suicidal?

Racers don't need girlfriends, that's what my superior 2D waifu is for.

The format encourages spending hours watching threads to follow the discussion, not something with a life would have time to do.

>tfw brother completely ruin my chance of having a car at 17
>tfw he sucked up a lot of my parents money in court and legal fees
>tfw he turned a cleaned 240sx into a shitbox by sanding off all the original paint job and only leaving primer gray on it
>tfw he sprayed over all his tail lights and head lights with black spray paint to tint them
>went as far to spray pain the headlights with CDs to get muh GTR tail lights
>He never changed or checked the oil it since he had it.
>He manage to fuck the crank shaft
>Begged father to let just engine swap it and I can keep the car
>He had it scraped to punish my brother
>Never had a fun car and currently driving a ticking HHR.

Fuck there typos but this memory makes me angry as fuck. I seriously could of had a nice car at a younger age to hoon around in if my brother wasn't a piece of shit and my mother clearly didn't favor him over me.

3D a PD

Help me Veeky Forums

Should I buy an Evo 5, or an sti of that era?

I want to juice it up to low-mid 300whp figures and daily it.

The STI looks better imo.

Damn man, really sorry you were cursed with such a cunt of a brother. You have plenty of life ahead of you though don't worry, you'll have your fun car and it'll be all the more awesome because of what you've had to endure.

yeah that's definitely suicidal

welcome to the club friend

I don't think the vast majority of people - here or elsewhere - are happy.
Easier to admit when you're anonymous.

Pretty much I have never had a moment where I was happy besides the day I got my aw11 because I have always like it since I was a kid but truthfully I find it sad that that's the only time I remember being happy. I've never enjoyed life to the point where didn't know what I wanted to do with my life so now I'm just going to a community college to learn to wrench and become a mechanic because it would pay better than minimum wage and now my life just seems like it's always badbadnotgood and I have a girlfriend too but it just feels like she's just there at this point and to bitch at me when she's down or in pain and when I'm up late playing video games at night necking a bottle of liquor

im not poor!

but i am alone and often consider suicide

does that count

Do I need to own a car?

seconding this. tfw to poor to afford a nice car. at least i have my motorcycle.

Holy fucking shit I'm the best more authentic REAL car guy ever

jesus user, your brother is a complete fucking ricer lol

Same here senpai

P much me. This was my first car I learned to drive stick on and I ran it into the ground. I miss it so much

pd?

I learned to drive manual on my aw11 I can't drive it at the moment because it got stolen and I got it back with a blown head gasket

I feel that coming soon actually. Got my degree and pretty much going to start making more money then anyone in my family in a few more years. The thing is I am mad because I missed out on social opportunities as I live in a town where having a car is needed as everything is so spread out.

He gets very butthurt when I call him out on that. Then he goes on little lie tangents about how he blew up the engine turboing it when all he manage to do was cut a hole to have cold air intake.
Fun fact, we live in the desert so moving the intake lower actually made him pull in hotter air. 80% of the year.

Sounds like he's really stupid man, your mom's going to realize later on that she should have treated you better than him, or at least equally, if she hasn't already. Anyway congrats on your degree dude, I still have like 10 years of school left myself so I'll pretty much remain suicidal for the next decade.

>10 years left.
Going for a PhD?

Fuck yeah nigga I ate only dry instant ramen for 2 weeks when I bought my wheels, I'm being harassed by DHL for import fees on some car parts and I can't afford to pay, gas costs me 600 a month at least, and I just bought trailing arms and an engine torque damper kit

I want to die so I drive fast

HHR is a decent car if you take care of it. Been driving it for 5 years now. The combination of a relatively large cargo area plus the fuel economy have really helped me out over the years. Wouldn't trade it for anything honestly.

I enjoy the car too. A lot of people trash if for being a heavy cobalt but the thing has some decent stop and go. The ticking issue I have is the fuel injector and apparently this is something that is common and not an issue as it slowly goes away as the car warms up. However the A/C unit shits the bed a lot for me. I've been through 4 of them and my 5th one has already broken but at least I get almost max fan speed when it is on off. Only issue with my car I hate the most is that it is ~225k miles on it and current don't have the money to replace the clearly warped lower arms.

I'm all of those things except suicide because I'm not a weak-minded little shit like the rest of you losers on this site, I'm actually looking to better myself instead of making a useless thread like this one.

i make 6 figures, have a wife and kid and i still feel completely alone and think about suicide every day.

>tfw every single clean, cheap Jap classic around you is an automatic

I'm all those except my desire for death is absent as of late.
It's fucking scary, I want it back.

>Poor
Check.

>Completely alone
Check. Spend my 12 hour workdays completely alone operating the skidder the entire shift.

>Nearly fallen into the shit pit asleep on multi occasions

>Thinking about suicide everyday
Nope.

Motor is knocking really bad now. Unfortunately I'm back to driving a soulless autotragic shitbox until I get enough money to swap a new motor in.

I've thought about rebuilding the current one, but I, for whatever reason, don't buy cheap parts.

I have a wife, house, and kids.

I also have a white Challenger R/T.

Every day I think about popping some pills and seeing how far I can get across the US before the cops have to stop me with bulldozers.

I remember that feel.

My craving for death is back now though, thankfully.

I thought you were only Veeky Forumsur guy if you conflate specific output with efficiency, larp about owning an exotic car and think you're the best driver on earth because of that one time you didn't stall your mothers manual Honda fit.

OP, you seem a little confused. You just described a real motorcycle guy.

If you're wondering what it's like to ride a bike:
>maybe if i take this corner harder than i did yesterday, i'll run out of luck, crash, and die
>come sweet death
>*twists wrist*

>making ludicrous amounts of money at high stress job
>too busy for friends
>had one of the most stressful days in my entire career yesterday, bought another shitbox to help fill the void
>keep buying more and more material possessions to keep me happy
>tfw no matter how many cars, bikes, and toys I have, nothing will fill this gaping void in my soul
>tfw I love it, and wish this time in my life would never end
I have too much money and too many toys, but I have little interest in them. I just enjoy looking at my garage full of broken cars every morning before work.