/eog/ - EVE Online General

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator", "A Tale of Menus and Lost Dreams", "Warp Logistics and Trust Issues", and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

eveonline-third-party-documentation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/xmlapi/index.html
oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=747704
oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=747704&page=1#20
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ratting_101
zkillboard.com/kill/62259251/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you think this image is accurate?

What is the most dangerous security level in general, in your opinion?

>What is the most dangerous security level
Lowsec.

>figure I want to do FW
>yeah I'll just buy some five dozen ships and have them shipped to my staging system
>woohoo here I go!
>fly around for a few days, farm a million LP or so
>still have over four dozen ships left
>meh, plexing is really boring
>I know! I want to do suicide ganking
>buy a catalyst to test it out
>yeah this is fun
>train an alt for suicide ganking
>buy 50 meta catalysts and have them shipped to staging system
>gank one (1) retriever and decide that suicide ganking is boring
>take a break
>come back
>hey yeah FW is cool, I want to do that
>I know I have all those ships in my staging system but I don't want to fly those anymore
>buy 30 more ships and have them shipped to the same station I have all those other ships in
>fly around for an afternoon and cap a few plexes and kill some shitters and lose one ship
>yeah this is really boring, I'll just do something else
>the cycle repeats

>load up ferox with 250s
>range ammo has barely above corm in dps @~90k with terrible tracking
Nice

Is there an explanation of each tick on the API key?

>ferox

eveonline-third-party-documentation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/xmlapi/index.html

Is anybody doing Incursions?

sounds like you just have shitty skills desu

>What is the most dangerous security level in general, in your opinion?
High sec

>What's EVE Online?
>A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator", "A Tale of Menus and Lost Dreams", "Warp Logistics and Trust Issues", and "NEET Space Gods".

What fucking faggot came up with this shitty fucking retarded shill article of an OP. This is like something from a meme gayming magazine. Fucking fuck off. This thread isn't for recruiting new players.

Why are you so butt blasted user?

Check it on all V its like 200 vs 250 dps at the 90/100k mark for standard fleet fit corm and ferox respectively

>unironically thinking "spreadsheet sim" and "menus and lost dreams" is an attempt to attract new players

Nothing. It just sounds like something written directly by CCP.

link the fit senpai I pulled one out of my ass and its getting about 300 dps

Sorry I can't I'm shitposting from bed. Which ammo is that?

first for family friendly comms

whatever the >t2 LR ammo was I assume its got shit tracking but I highly doubt it matters at 120k when you are shooting at other BCs

>CCP being so comfortable that they write up their game as a spreadsheet simulator on anonymous image board threads.

naga pls

Is the Drake still good?

I'm currently missile focused and enjoy doing L2 missions in my caracal, I've been reading that the Drake is the next ship i should focus on but then whenever i read more recent articles everyone is saying the Drake was nerfed into oblivion

its fine for l3's and some l4's but painfully slow

get a VNI or gila and start running sites in null sec

15M ticks aren't doing it for me. What do I do?

Buy 10/10s

>tfw 50 dudes on Veeky Forums aren't lining up sites for that 3% escalation and dank ISK

>Safe space JF kiddies throwing tantrums because they have to be more cautious when warping to a hisec gate

What a time to be alive.

>wow how dare people worry about a 7b zero ehp shoebox

how much for a rig like that?
low settings is acceptable

>I don't have to use a scout or make a bookmark to protect my 7bil asse- WHATS THAT? A SUPER GOT AWAY BECAUSE HE HAD A SCOUT AND BOOKMARKS??? FUCKING CCP!!!

Every single region should have rewards going, as a proponent for PvP. Special frigates, SKINs, and occasionally something really powerful (oh, no, not SP rewards [t. CCP])..

>exploit dude they kill JF mid warp
>500mn nomen shouldnt be allowed
>such a dumb mechanic
>cant wait to see them banned
what a bunch of retards

>wow how dare someone touch muh ship, better cry on reddit and petition my lossmail
kys

>its the "caps are OP because I have a garbage fleet set up" thread again

Weapon Tiercide when?

summer according to fozzie at fanfest

ty whens the summer update?

Soon(tm)

Anybody have a program that checks for neut color and alerts?

reported to ccp

How is that against TOS? You're not automating any in-game task.

because it enables an advantage that no other player would otherwise have without it.

You're automating checking local

I personally use my eyeballs.

It's called sight

That's not specifically against the TOS.

Automation in itself isn't against TOS. You're not "facilitating" anything except being AFK.

>That's not specifically against the TOS.
Yes it is, CCP has ruled on these things before saying they're against the EULA. Its the same shit as a bot in their eyes that automatically beeps in a wormhole when a new signature shows up.

>Automation in itself isn't against TOS.
Botting is against the TOS yes

>Automation in itself
It is.
You can't kill mid warp

You can program this yourself. Just make sure it actually uses the visual output itself and doesn't plug into the game process and you should be good.

If a visual assistance program stated the name of ships on grid or whatever, nobody would complain.

It's called the overview.

you're probably right but if you write a program to automate some kind of alert when someone enters local that is still against the ToS

>ugh why do I have to actually play the game?? wtf ccp

"It really isn't much different than evemon that alerts you when your clone was out of date or your skill queue was about to end."

>You can't kill mid warp
I'm well aware. The idiots on reddit kept claiming that and whoever said it's not the case and not an exploit got downvoted to shit.

"If you are only wanting to change something that is now a visual alert into a audio one and it doesn't in anyway change the Eve client or do automate actions in the game CCP really can't say you can't use it as it could be consider an accessibility device which most nations have rules about. They can of course do like they did before and make changes so it can't work any more but they really can't stop you from doing anything on your own computer as long as its not directly affecting the client which the EULA covers."

dog, post your favorite ship hulls and why (maybe include a fit too)

i've been playing for almost 14 years now and i'm looking to try some real top-tier meme fits

oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=747704

oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=747704&page=1#20

>2008

Not an argument.

No its much different. EVEmon utilizes the publicly available API for the entire server and your character. It only updates once every half hour. Your local bot doesn't use an API at all it uses visual cues or internal memory addresses to alert you passively.

polarized torp typhoon

delete

Well it's already been stated by CCP that "plays a series of customizable audio alerts when someone of a specific standing enters or leaves a system" is within EULA.

Where can I rat as an alpha in a cormorant w/o getting exploded by the rats themselves? I accept I'll get jumped on eventually by a player but I really have no idea what security space I can survive in.

Didn't mean to reply to you, obviously.

0,4-0,2 belts. Avoid 0,2 clones, 0,1 clones might take a while but just orbit 500 and shoot.

Anoms only in hisec - hideaways/refuges

Why would .1 clones be easier?

Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for.

Are incursions most profitable before ~carriers?

Commander spawns can come in any truesec (null) anomaly but not any belt?

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ratting_101

officers spawn in -0.8? to -1.0 truesec and all NPC null systems held by their faction

i don't know wtf commanders are, if you mean normal faction spawns they can happen in any belt/anom/on gates

>Asteroid Dreadnought
Does it drop loot?

Apparently little.

No.

>yesterday some retard made a thread on /v/ buying 15700 plex
>killboard of a guy losing 100b in skill injectors

sheeeit

>/v/

zkillboard.com/kill/62259251/

you know what the second best thing is?

>the skill injectors didn't drop

>149 skill injectors for a value of 101,059,745,535.26 ISK was destroyed with the ship

you know what the best thing is?

YOU CAN INJECT THEM REMOTELY

THERE WAS NO REASON TO TRAVEL WITH THEM, WHAT SO EVER

0.2 clones have webs

Read the comments m8. The guy was quitting and didn't want to be tempted to come back.

I give him a month

Lowsec is for FW / training babbies. Nothing dangerous about losing your merlin in arranged fights.

WH is most dangerous because the space jews regularly fly shiny shit and other space jews are looking to fuck them over.

Lowsec I think. And nullsec is the most safe.

>buying and selling a unit for a little over twice the price I'm getting it for
>someone bought all of the ones I hauled within 5 minutes
>can only haul 10 at a time

fuck this gay earth

This is not about losing frigates, it's about what happens if you use other types of ships.

Nullsec is the safest on average because most of it is empty and you have fair warning when gangs are around.
Wspace is also quite safe now because it's the emptiest area. The scary dudes aren't so scary in the vast majority of circumstances, simply because you won't run into them often.
In lowsec you have high traffic, plenty of gangs and gate camps, blobby groups that form up to kill you, super hunters with ascendancy probing HICs etc.