teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYBZrRCCrXE
youtube.com/watch?v=MrS7bezmsdk
youtube.com/watch?v=8N3dhccOXX0
creamygravy.deviantart.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=gPZFwAhP3kE
tf2r.com/k4ae5hq.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7nqBI8pUtLE&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stat them

chips
+50% pepsi
-50% air
+100% disgusting

Soda
+100% salt
Alt-Fire: Barf

Has Valve mentioned anything about the Pyro update after the Heavy vs Pyro event? It is almost coming up to a year since the even right? I mean what else are valve employees working on that could take up resources?

Iirc they briefly mentioned it when they did the "we are making a jungle update, make some jungle hats. Also make maps with our props, but we aren't actually going to release those any time soon." post.
But nothing since then.
Very little community communication.

pyro update comes out tomorrow

who told you?

I highly doubt that.
On top of the fact that valve hasn't tried to hype it, theres the fact that they are going to make a blog post with the weapons changes so that its not a surprise when the changes are shit. again.

is it reskins+cosmetics again?

>only 4 years ago used to be a social guy and go out every weekend and have fun and be happy
>now im a bitter fuck that cares way too much about videogames and barely ever goes out
>too shy to contact old high school friends and have them find out how much of a failure i am
>fucked up personality because 3 years taking drugs so im not "the same" person anymore and i wont ever be.

>Fuck up your own life by taking drugs
>Complain about it
Fuck off.

Stop being human scum.

thank you for telling me user

Post the song playing in your head when you're playing Scout and notice a Pyro roaming your flank route.
youtube.com/watch?v=OYBZrRCCrXE

>tfw Scout's official voice actor posts TF2 gameplay vids on youtube
>tfw he's actually a Heavy main
>tfw his sound feel so old after all these years yet still trying to do Scout voice and personality imitation like it's 10 years ago

scout is always going to be my favorite character in the game

Me and my homies

>no spy to have clothed sex with and then get murdered by
shit girls/10

>check whole thread of 18 posts
>no avatarfagging
?????

@176749219

I just posted an image my friend drew of my Pyro.
Sorry if that triggers you

>he does it again

Are you retarded?

haha i press m2 and kill all your momentum, enjoy fucko! UwU :3

Can you just get a trip so I can filter your bullshit posts?

>hating on vibri
The dead hours really are cancer

youtube.com/watch?v=MrS7bezmsdk
Post on-topic stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=8N3dhccOXX0

How do I get good as sniper as fast as possible?

I'm an experienced scout player and get hit the body handily, but I can't hit the head of strafing targets very well or people who aren't looking at me.

Buy LMAObox

>It's a all 5 members of your mvm team is spamming lenny binds episode

Stay tuned to learn if they're also all shit.

>its a "your team picks any class but demoman, medic, and situationally engineer in mann vs machine" episode

In terms of just having more fun diversity, should Valve add weapons/items that help create subclasses or diverse playstyles/tactics for all the classes?

I mean the first and strongest example is

Demoman/Demoknight
Distinct loadout/playstyle that disregards explosives so you can charge up on their face.

Normal Heavy/Boxing Heavy
With a few items, you could make a melee based heavy

Engineer/Battle Engi
Engineer is more backline while the Battle Engi using the gunslinger can help with forward pushes with faster deploys. Combine with Widowmaker or Frontier Justice for damage.

Medic/Battle Medic
The battle medic is a selfish style that is sometimes fun to play

You could argue things like Scout could have a melee build or that Pybro is a distinct play style also.

For the other classes, they are kind of set in their play styles/roles. What do you guys think?

>dude dies
>MAN what is up with this LAG

>I'm an experienced scout player
Then you should be familiar with "strafe aim" term. Aiming on the move and standing still slightly differs because of your and target's pace.
Get a good custom HUD-crosshair crafted for Sniper play.
>I can't hit the head of strafing targets very well or people who aren't looking at me.
Do not compensate for the entire head, lead the shot to neck or back of the head ever so slightly only. When they're on the move, with good net settings their head should stall slightly behind the model.
Instead of trying to track people's head at medium-close distance try to lead the shot to their "neck" area.
At long distances, keep tracking but as I said focus on neck area. At closer distances you should be able to predict target's movement.
Train your wrists and elbow turns when switching and deciding between tracking or leading.
Get a net settings config for reducing artificial lag some user posted his own but I forgot to save it.

Even with high accuracy you should still get better at crouch-evades, environmental awareness and better positioning.

>tank plants bomb
>it had half hp
>only person who attacked it was me and a demoknight
>everyone else ignored it and stayed with the bomb at robot spawn until the announcer started screaming at everyone that it was close the hatch
>They blame me the sniper
>I get kicked
>The last thing I see before I'm gone is a lennyface

Alright, that team was probably some of the most braindead people I've ever seen. The drooling moron with 800 damage as soldier did not get kicked but sniper with 12k top damage on first wave gets kicked after first fail of wave 2? Do these retards think the robots are just having heart attacks and falling over or something? Sniper needs something to emphasize his work for these special players.

ive been playing TF2 since 2009 and i still caaaant play snipeer for shit
aaaaaa

>the heavy in the back

Thank you for the tips, user.

Just went on Steam and saw some really bad news...

The game Alan Wake is gonna be removed from Steam soon, because the publisher didn't renew the rights for some songs in the game, so they won't be able to sell it anymore. You can still keep the game if you already have it, but it won't be sold in the future.

I'm currently away from home, and can't connect to Steam to purchase the game. I really liked the old Remedy games (Max Payne 1 and 2) and always wanted to try Alan Wake, but never bought it when it was on sale. This is the last opportunity to get it, before it gets removed from the Steam store or any other market.

I'd buy it myself if I was at home, but I'm away for a few more months still. I know that begging is bad, but I have no other choice than to ask someone to gift it to me. I know you guys spend a lot of money on cosmetics in Team Fortress 2, so I was wondering if anyone could skip on one item, and purchase me the game, that will give me hours of fun and enjoyment.

The game is on sale right now, before it gets removed. It's not 25% off, nor 50%, nor 75%... but 90% off! The game is literally reduced to 2.99$, which is the price of a chewing gum pack. I'm away and can't access Steam to buy it... even at that price.

Can anyone help me out?

Just hit me up on this temporary email, and I'll give you my Steam profile link.

[email protected]

P.S: I'm really away from home, and you'll see that my account was last active around 200-300 days ago.

>Base damage of all standard melee weapons change to 195
>Base damage of bat changed to 105
>Knife has a 20% chance to be an instant kill
>random crits are removed

What changes in pub games?

demoknight is now the only played classes, occasional spies trying to get cheeky insta kills

>knife has 20% chance to be an instant kill
it already does with how tf2 melee hitreg is

You can't tell the difference between a Medieval mode game and a regular game.
Everyone plays Demoknight, Scout, Gunslinger Engi and Lucksman Sniper...

it goes down the shitter
oh wait
thats where it is now LUL

hey where do i go to talk to the other cheaters

what about him user? i got up in his face and hit three meatshots and he went down pretty easy

WHO ARTIST OF TITTY PIC

The name's literally in the pic, but creamygravy.deviantart.com/ in case Google is too hard for you.

this is the stock pistol
say something nice about her!!

But I don't like Russians.

Scattergun makes a great husband for pistol!

at least her first shot is accurate!

maybe if you wanted a wife with 36 reserve ammo!

But pistol is great for cleaning up what her husband can't finish alone!

She is very reliable at close range and petite.

Wanna be my Pyro gf? I'll give you my Purple Energy Pyromancer Mask and a ingame ring

/id/? UwU

Has Karma gone too far?

youtube.com/watch?v=gPZFwAhP3kE

More raunchy stuff can be found on his Tumblr

i like her steel blue color :)

but the capper has laser shots

>F2P scout keeps running into chokepoint and ends up dying over and over again
>"dude lmao, this game is laggy XD"
>36 ping

She is clinically underrated

the husband can finish by himself!

new heavy primary
air support (it's just a normal mounted minigun that's no longer mounted)

damage +15%
spin up time -30%
firing speed -20%
completely accurate
no damage dropoff on enemies that are lower than you (distance, not health)

How can you think this is an okay weapon

spin up time +30%*

No. There are many problems with buffing archetypes, one of them being that they promote a more brain dead approach to playing the game.

Melee sub-classes take significantly less mechanical skill than playing the regular counterpart, buffing them to be equally viable with ranged classes (by giving them specific weapons) would put F2Ps in a position where they wouldn't want to stray outside of the "low effort high reward" mindset.
This could be applied to Battle Medic, as well as Demoknight and Boxing Heavy.

Secondly, Demoknight and Battle Engi already have enough utility in the weapons they use in order to let good players be good and encourage others to improve with them (charge usage, sentry placement, etc.), they don't need more weapons to further support those styles of play.

Although whereas Boxing Heavy is an interesting idea, Battle Medic should not be considered in the slightest. Why would you want players to use Medic as a combat class, this would discourage players from supporting their team and defeat the purpose of having a Medic at all. But if you're suggesting that more primaries / melees be added, then it still wouldn't be enough to warrant the development of an entire archetype.

Subclasses shouldn't be encouraged more than they are, diverse playstyles and tactics can also come from the player not the weapons.

TL;DR Demoknight and Battle Engi are already in a good spot, Boxing Heavy and Battle Medic shouldn't be pursued. It's up to YOU :3 to do great things with different weapons.

Thanks for reading my autism.

Needs subtitles. I can't into Russian.

meant to add and a can not be deployed for more than 10 seconds clause

>no damage falloff
>perfectly accurate

do you actually understand the concept of balance in video games?

The Survivors Guilt
Soldier Banner
>Charges a rage meter with damage dealt, takes 900 damage to fully charge rage meter. (50% more than BuffBanenr and Backup)
>At 100% charge, using it grants player and nearby teammates 10 seconds of health regeneration at a rate of 20hp per second.
Would you use it?

shitty conch

>Healing everyone near you at the rate of a medigun is shit
k

So i think i have a problem with playing scout too much. I started out wanting to main soldier and learn xd all le rollouts and all that good shit but damn why is scout the most fun to play. is it too late for me to learn demo and soldier or should i stick to what i'm learning now, because my flanking game sense is starting to get really good.

inb4 LOL scout main XDdxdxdDXdpX, look it's already going to be hard enough coming out to my parents as a scout main ok

also; post hours everyone!

[spoilier]spy hours are from an auto bunnyhop server i frequented too much, same with pyro, you can imagine why they would be overpowered with infinite speed

Scout is fine, no shame in playing him.
Any 6's class is bae.

>ever considering a main
>fucked the spoiler
smooth moove

>rollouts
just go roamer, blast yourself to 15 hp and run with the skill stick

also guess the poster judging by their stats

I play everything fine, the demo hours just happen to be the highest.

what is wrong with considering your main class's experience when calculating what your team needs? or are you just spouting memes to sound contrarian and/or edgy?

but i like disciplinary action :(

probably because you have jungle fever :^)
i suppose it is better than maining fucking spy or some stupid shit.

DA is banned in comp

never noticed that because i don't play soldier in 6's.

i swear some bans are just kinda stupid. the scout bats are annoying and all but r.s. is like the only thing pyro has going for him.

Hey man tomorrow is a new day.
I was in a similar position to you late 2013, I did some travel abroad (people I didn't know), went in with an optimistic approach and made some new friends.

When I returned I had a wealth of experiences that may not have been extraordinary or exclusive, but they were mine and I look back on them very fondly.

I'm back and now studying and doing something with my life (26yo), and although all my peers are 18, I'm feeling pretty good about getting a career and some purpose.
Who knows, I might end up bored of my current role and move onto something else, there's a world of possibility.

The years I wasted or squandered aren't coming back, but I've got the rest of my life ahead to go and do what I like with.

I still have my old high school friends, and I have a drink with them every month or so, if only uni wasn't so busy.
I don't have to prove myself to them, or to anyone, just go and be the best you can be bro.

I hope this helps user

What happened to the Veeky Forums Party Van server?

It's still up but no one plays on it anymore. Shouldn't it basically be /tf2g/'s main server? I miss those days playing on it

holy shit why is airstrike allowed
i don't follow tripfags and shit, sorry

Friendly reminder tf2g has no 6's team

>Boxing Heavy
Hardly works your melee options are not that great when you think about it. Fat scout is cool enough.
Instead of melee workout, I prefer Heavy to get his Engi-helper aspect to be emphasized. Ammo Reserve sounded like a good idea and got Dane's approval.
I also would like build-hauling Engineer to get damage reduction (armor at secondary slot that feeds from metal pool) and damage mitigation or small period invulnerability for Heavy when he took a tele.
>Battle Medic
Not worth taking the risk and dropping uber because you're being a fool. If you keep dying already, fine. Supposedly they deploy uber somewhat slower than a fulltime Medic but still faster than a dead Medic who tried to be a fulltime.
>Battle Engi
>Demoknight
Okay I guess

tf2r.com/k4ae5hq.html

Make it so that it can overheal.

youtube.com/watch?v=7nqBI8pUtLE&t

New video. This time its several shitty meme maps that are sitting on the workshop.

What do you think you are gaining from doing this

What do YOU think YOU are gaining from doing this?

>I hate vibri so im going to purposely twist or misread the rules to make out that he is doing something wrong

>being a "IHATE6SPLAYERSTHEY'RETOXICPLAYERSANDBADATTF2HIGHLANDERISTHESUPERIORGAMEMODE" brainlet

I find 6's to be way more fun_ than HL