The McLaren F1 is the world's greatest supercar. What is the second greatest?

The McLaren F1 is the world's greatest supercar. What is the second greatest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tEFx-fFZyII?t=420
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Carrera GT will always be my personal #1.

True. You're not gonna like this and I'll probably get hate for it but the Veyron is 2nd, in terms of engineering and turning the supercar definition on its head.

If it were up to me though, I'd say 918 Spyder.

For me its the GT. its the only one I've actually seen close up in person. my child nuts wasn't ready for those tingles.

Is there any doubt?

Was looking at the present day values of these last night after making my wife watch that Ford vs Ferrari LeMans documentary. Wish I'd sold everything and bought one in 2006... value basically double now

Japan ftw

youtu.be/tEFx-fFZyII?t=420
You can hear the Porsche for a few seconds, then all you hear is the Swedish viking raping the German princess GT.

Yawn. People were hitting those speeds 20 years earlier in souped up golf club carriers.

>not production

Ferrari F40, with people getting butthurt that it's second fiddle to the F1

Its not like most people consider the NIO production either.

Speed 12. It's gangrape.

you can do this with things much less riskier than cars. any index fund gaining 7% a year will be worth double in 10 years. you can go even riskier and get something like bitcoin or TSLA stock. both will more likely than not be worth way more than double their current value in 10 years.

>What is the second greatest?
That's a good question. I, too, sincerely believe that the McLaren F1 is the greatest sportscar ever, but I am at loss as to what 2nd place would be. I have a few favorites that I could easily slot into that spot, but that's more reflective of my personal tastes and opinions whereas I can make objective arguments as to why the F1 deserves the top spot.

Deciding what's 2nd greatest using the F1 as measuring stick shows which areas the other cars are lacking. How many cars can really hold a candle to the F1 in contemporary performance, desirability, beauty, and impact on the auto industry and car culture as a whole? Very few. And each nominee would lack an aspect that the next would have in spades.

Hard to argue with that. Definitely one of the greatest.

I love the veyron for what it is, extremely fast but also very comfortable as it comes with all the luxuries you'd want when spend that much money

Pic related

God I hate that color, it would look so much better in another color

>lumpy British Viper
No thanks.

i mean really there's no car that holds a candle to the combination of race-bred pedigree, simplistic engineering, and brutal speed that this car incorporates

>Swedish "vikings"
>kek
>How do I history?

>>kek
>>How do I history?
Who are you quoting?

>tfw someone actually drew this.
It's extraordinary to think someone actually drew that.

Indeed, how do you history.
For starters you should probably finish grade school.

Clarkson stop posting on Veeky Forums you pillock and take your Toyota with you.

>race-bred pedigree
It never raced

>simplistic engineering
Econoboxes have simplistic engineering, too.

>brutal speed
Not all that fast. Within a few years, the 911 GT2 was made even faster.

vaporware

Yeah, but does a 911 sound like a Carrera GT? Not even close.

Nothing really special about it in my opinion. Just another sportscar with the same retro-styling that gripped American car design through the 2000s to lure in nostalgic baby boomers.

Honestly I think the new Ford GT is far more worthy.

Yea but in this case they were getting an amazing product with a non-gimped engine where as the new GT really is just another collector's item being aggressively advertised as "beating ferrari at le mans" to lure in baby boomers.

The 2005 GT is probably the best supercar as a tuner platform, aside from maybe the Huracan. The Modular is invincible with a huge aftermarket.

I'd say the 959 is more important because it laid out the idea of a competitive high-tech and comfortable super car. Bugatti took that idea and pushed it beyond the accepted limits.

Yea what's better is that it was also a better race car despite Ford never even intending it to be. they built more of them too because they didn't need high exclusivity to sell the car because people actually just highly desired it.

If only Carroll Shelby were still alive and he worked on the new GT along with some much more ballsy hyper car builders. would've made for one of the greatest super cars of this generation. Whoever ford's design team this time around are were complete nu-males.