/hhg/

haven't seen one of these in a while edition

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; Hot Hatches have been a thing for the US since the 90s, took a dip in the mid 00s and are gaining momentum again.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/smart/fortwo
edmunds.com/smart/fortwo/
motortrend.com/cars/smart/fortwo/
sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/honda-civic-eg-hatch-swapped/6240679728.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guess I'll post mine.

Comfy picture and nice hatch. I'd post mine but I don't want to derail the thread into a shitfest so soon.

>mazda 3
>fucking veloster
>no french hot hatches to be seen

sort yourself out

You have a Type R, don't you?

Just finished installing rice on mine.

Im picking up my FoST in 12h. Its a 2015. Im pretty excited desu. Any common problems on these?

No, it's even more homosexual than that.

anyone waiting on parts?

ordered some stoptech rotors off amazon so they'd be here before track time.
have new hawk pads for front and rear. also doing an oil change then have a time attack i'm going to on 19. old pic

Veloster?

Got an EWG sitting on the shelf waiting to go on, need to retune the car so I can add the Cobb traction control. Other than that, maybe swapping turbos in a few more months, or doing springs/coilovers and a BBK.

Maybe a trip up to the Dragon later this month and doing tires in a bit.

Eh, maybe a bit less.

>100% of first post is answering questions nobody asked
Here's a new question - have you considered this is just a circlejerk where you're trying to distort reality because you've made a horrible decision and bought a complete shit box?
>No. Blah blah blah capital No, then some bland nothing bullshit for 250 pseudo posts where you pretend to "fit in"

>I bought a mini-minivan, watch me rationalize my faggotry

Thanks.
Post it anyways.
Brake dust.
Lots of fucking brake dust.

Not yet, I'm debating on ordering some new OEM style headlights though since mine are toast.

Alright, here it is. Maybe she'll grow into the driveway, for now it's a little too big.

Too small for me, but they do sound nice.

>tfw Richard Hammond-sized so it doesn't bother me
I looked at FiSTs as well, but couldn't find any at a decent price in my area, but I always smile when I see them.

Currently waiting for some control arms so I can get an alignment. I installed the lower set last night after giving up doing them on top. I need to remove a subframe bushing as some idiot put the inboard bolt in the wrong way. I'm trying to get all my maintenance done for my Tail of the Dragon trip in a few weeks.

What's wrong with the maz? I was planning on getting one as a babby's first car.

nothing wrong with them. they just aren't a hot hatch

I want one, too, but even the 2.5l is more of a warm hatch than a hot hatch. Handles well, but it's not especially quick.

I may have the opportunity to get a brand new 2016 Veloster turbo 6mt for like half MSRP. It would take over DD duty from my NA miata.

Should I do it? The veloster was never really on my radar but if I could get an insane deal on one well that changes things...

>half the MSRP
I'm guessing you mean 12-13k. It's like that because no one wants them.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
which one is RWD?

BMW M135i is the first one that comes to mind, and I know there are a few random ones that are RWD. Not many, though.

Just bought a '14 GTI a couple weeks ago. Pretty happy with it so far, it's so much nicer than my '06 Si.

Smart TwoFour

Nice hatch mate. I absolutely love the purr of that 3.2. I wish they hadn't have done away with the r32 platform. How do you like yours?

I like mine. Gonna trade it in towards the 2019 (or whatever year) when they give it the N package.

Thanks, I really love the car. And yes, the sound is amazing. There is a little box to quiet the exhaust for sound pollution. The first thing I did was get rid of that. It is a shame the US only got two years of the R32, and the mkv didn't even get a manual transmission. I'm thinking about finding a VR6 GTI for a project car because I like the engine so much

I know there are a few C30s on o

where u at

How is the C30? I love the look and the minimalist interior.

>Smart
>hatchback
What you smokin?

Nu-male redditor general

>Type R
>Gay
Kys yourself

Abarth, then?

Busriders, gentlem/o/n,

This. Good car, good build/interior quality, powertrain is just a bore. You could do a million times worse for a vehicle, though.

Mazadaspeed plz come back.

MK7? Check your MY and turbo revision; be thorough in review. MY 14 and 15 GTIs had some serious turbo problems in early batches. If your IS20 is K or better, you should be alright.

I fucking hate Velosters; they're boring, uninspired, slow pieces of hot garbage compared to their competition. That being said I actually hope any N treatment they get makes them real competition to VW, Ford, etc. They need it so we're not stuck with minor cosmetic upgrades at 10 HP tune boosts every year from factory.

>Type R
>Overhyped and overpriced as fuck
>Larger wingspan than a 747
>Appeals to those that fall under global rule 2

Back to bed, Timmy.

MK6, actually. Thanks for the heads up though, that could have been some shit.

Fuck, nice find mate. MY 12, 13, and 14 of the MK6 are solid AF. Your only issue may be the water pump. Have the mounting points looked at. At factory they may have been overtightened which causes the housing to crack and stress overtime (final problem: leaking). If you have warranty ask the tech to take a look at it. Otherwise you should be good; my '10 MK6 was great.

are you guys ready for the new king of hothatch ?
you preordered yours right?

Anyone here have the mountune high flow exhaust for the FoST?

Nope. No preorder. But I do hope it does well and surprises Hyundai haters (including myself). The more hot hatches we have to choose from, the better.

i hope they do an AWD 350hp+ version of it

I've had a 2015 3 with the 2.5l for a while now. It's high school kid fast, enough to pass most people on the highway but not necessarily fast fast, if that makes sense. However, it's a very nice DD cuz good gas mileage and okay transmission. I wish tuning options existed but everything I've found consists of ECU flashes and eBay turbos.

Hey guy. Hey. Its okay. I have a mustang and a GTI. I like both. Should I trade both for a truck?

the only thing you've got right is it's overpriced

My favorite hothatch is the prius.

While not necessarily hot hatches I've got two cars in front of me and I intend to buy one. The first is a 2015 Hyandai Accent Sport Hatchback with six speed manual and 30,000 on the clock. The second is a 2015 Focus SE hatchback with 40,000 on the clock and the six speed double clutch manumatic.

Is one better than the other? I've never owned cars made by either manufacturer. I've owned several Mitsubishi and a couple Olds. I've wrenched on Ford engines inside of Mercury's before and they've been a pain in the ass.

Focus is red with black interior. Accent is black with black interior.

Which engines are we talking here?
I've heard Ford has issues with their dual-clutch. Would avoid the Focus based on that.

And finally, if you can take both for a test drive, do so and pick the one you prefer.

If you're smart, you'll stay away from the focus and the horrible DCT.

If i ever decided to get rid of my gti for an R i'd love to do a TT tranny swap to a mk5 r32. I think it'd be a blast but i'm not sure how hard it would be to do in practice.

The last thing you can call the Veloster is uninspired. Looks like nothing else on the road.

Like the other Velosterbro I am excitedly waiting for the nextgen. I think the nextgen is going to be a remarkable improvement, specifically the N. The i30 N (Elantra GT in the States) is already pretty awesome. The new Veloster will basically be the same car except slightly smaller.

The Hyundai has better predictable reliability.

It is advertised and commonly known as a hatchback.

caranddriver.com/smart/fortwo

edmunds.com/smart/fortwo/

motortrend.com/cars/smart/fortwo/

That would be a fun project. I'm pretty new to wrenching, but I'm trying to do everything I can that I have the tools / space for. I see there is a manual swap thread for the mk5 on vortex. Lots of little odds and ends but the end result looks awesome.

Anyone here has some experience with 206 or Ek Civic? Mostly having RC and vti versions in mind.
Looking for some cheap and fast 2/3 door hatch and can't really make up my mind but these two seem like the best bet
(Slav shithole so they are under 4/5k $ in non-tragic condition)

Hot Hatch? more like Thot Hatch amirite? haha

I can only hope they do away with the retarded 4 door design.

Should i buy this ricer?

I talked the dude down to 2400$

sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/honda-civic-eg-hatch-swapped/6240679728.html

If the interior is good yeah I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Also, Shingo.

is my civic sport hot

How can people even like The focus or fiesta ST?
It's boring and slow in all situations.
Just got done doing the Ford racing school.
You can drive these "hot hatches" on the very edge of grip with 1 hand on the wheel while talking with an instructor.
So underwhelming.

I asked them what parts of the car broke under heavy abuse and they said "nothing stock car is reliable"
Kept shilling how the ST was the ultimate performance car
but as the day went on I found more and more shit replaced with aftermarket parts.
The entire cooling systems were aftermarket
Full exhaust
No cats and a tune
All had short shifters
Clutch Return springs removed

>a 180hp car is pretty slow guys
wow a real sherlock holmes

Hey /hhg/ getting a new car soon. Going to be my first car buying as a DD. want something from the last 3-5 years. The newer the car the less cool I can afford (looking at a 2016 focus titanium rn) what would be some good options for a $15-$20 newer hatch that can commute, have a little fun, and not be too much work/$ to keep in working order?

Currently 2014/2015 golf GTI's are around $20k but I'm unsure I can secure a good loan for a used "performance car"

Was disappointed by the Veloster turbo. Driving it was less exciting than my r55 mini Clubman 124hp and no turbo.

I love the styling of the Elantra gt and hopefully this sport version can get the car some more attention. Its weird that Hyundai chooses to peddle the Veloster over the Elantra gt to begin with, especially if they are attempting to undercut the hot hatch market now.

I have fun with mine.
Maybe you're just sad and broken.

Not everybody has same taste as you.
I test drive fiesta st when it first came to USA, I thought they were boring. I didn't care for focus st also, they felt like updated mazdaspeed3, terrible

if youre looking to daily drive it and only for 5 years or so a focus st is a good choice, as is a mazdaspeed 3 from 2014 ish

also both of those leave money leftover for maintenance or tint or whatever

You're in the minority then, most people I talk to have fun with the ST's.

The focus st is 250 stock and probably 275 with those mods and tune.

Of ur standards are low, I'm sure having fun with those shit boxes is possible.
70mph through turn 2,
tires screeching,
But was still boring

I could tell the instructor was bored as well.
Dude shook my hand in the middle of turn 3 at like 50mph.

The autocross was slightly better, doing e-brake J-turns was entertaining.
But a fwd ST is still a poor choice for this.

So you're saying it's a car easy to drive at the limits, while retaining daily functionality?

Yes, but that makes it boring as fuck.
There isn't any thrill in that

If a novice like me can max out the STs performance after 10 laps, the skill cap is stupid low.
The gt350 or SS1le has my attention though

Nice color, other than that absolute rubbish.

Why are you cross shopping FF hot hatches with limited trim muscle cars?

They aren't comparable in anyway.

How can people even like your mom?
She's boring and slow in all situations.
Just got done banging her at school.
I can ride your "mom" at the very edge of the rim with 1 hand on her tit while talking with with your dad. So underwhelming.

I asked them what parts of your mom broke under heavy abuse and they said "nothing, she's stock and reliable"
Kept shilling how your mom was the ultimate performance mom
but as the day went on I found more and more shit replaced with aftermarket parts.
The entire vag area was aftermarket
Full bio pussy
No cats, which was surprising for an old hag
All fake titties
Clutch Return springs removed. Yeah, she had a clutch installed.

>Ultimate performance mom
Kek

sup

A-anyone?

Everyone missed the cheeky jab at Porsche?

You mean that's not a 911 in that pic?

It's fun to see all the people hate my flaps.

>current Mazda3 makes 185HP with 2.5L engine
>Mazda says SkyActiv-X will be up to 30% more powerful due to supercharging
>next Mazda3 could have 240HP
Sheeeeeeit

By the look of that image it also looks like 3000+ pig fat.

No hate here, friend.

This reminds me, I need to buy flaps before winter.

forget the mazda3, imagine a skyactiveX RF miata

They should just make a long wheelbase version of the Miata chassis, make it a hardtop liftback, give it a supercharged 2.5L, and call it an MX-7. I know a new rotary isn't going to happen, I just want a more practical and faster Mazda sports car.

Are the flaps worth it? I want to get some but all the rally armor, etc brands are too HXC for my taste. Fiesta ST has some real shitty paint so I hoped they'd help preserve it a bit.