/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

AKA Grandpa Hunter General

>News
XX Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHF1, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

models-resource.com/wii/monsterhuntertri/
dsogaming.com/news/monster-hunter-online-to-be-visually-enhanced-with-amds-tressfx-technology/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I played since MH1 13 years ago but my total time across the series is lesser than the average time in one game /mhg/ have.

Zamtrios is a cool monster!

Third for calling people delusional is a weak argument designed only to garner precious (You)'s.

spoopy skeletons

Its Mother's Day!

Give Rathian some hugs!

Lagombi a cute! CUTE!

*block ur wiev*

FUCK OFF APCEROS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

models-resource.com/wii/monsterhuntertri/
So how come the other models haven't been ripped yet from other games?
It would be nice if someone could get ahold of Zinogre or Glavenus's model and redesign it to look more "mainliney".

>"dude that's a nice elemental lvl 2 shot you got there, mind if i walk in front of it?"

I certainly appreaciate how confident Apceros seems about his chances against a Lavasioth or a fucking Hellblade Glavenus

>spawns in 6
>always flies to 9 after a minute or so
Real fun quest.

They're the monsterification of "me pro" third worlders.

>spawn in spawn in any gen 2 map
>time out

>huge opening
>charge gs
>about to release mighty lvl 3 charge onto the monsters weak point
>a motherfucking konchu rolled all the way across the map and jumps right into the attack
>bounce, get my shit slapped by the big monster while my hunter tries to regain his balance

GAS ALL SMALL MONSTERS
FUCK THEM ALL TO DEATH, ALL OF THEM

They are the tankiest small monsters

Bring back female_jho and Diaper Barroth
Make /mhg/ 3rdGen again!

>monster kills you at the same time you kill it

couldn't even let me have the carves, what a jerk

I have scripts for the 3DS ones, just havent gotten around to it yet (mainly because i can be fucked to extract the goodies out of my .cias)

They support up XX, but not 3U (though I've got a script for the WiiU version, if I REALLY need something out of there (uvs for mons are different from tri so I can't just dump the the better tex+bumpmap from 3U and slap it on there, at least for most things)

Also not sure how easy it will be to put together hunters, it was super easy with tri but i dunno if the models will line up when imported or if bone names will be consistent between imports (cough any script made by zaramot on Xentax)

I'll get to it at some point

There is some ports on SFM workshop though, lots of 4th gen mons

>better tex
>3U
???

FRENZIED

why are small monsters so much cancer in gens/XX holy shit, they never leave you alone

Just bring dung bombs! Don't forget your combines, especially on multi monster hunts!

Because Hyper damage is red health

The wiiu version of 3U uses higher res textures and it has bumpmaps too

4th gen stuff looks nice too, not as good as 3U wiiU but way better than 2nd gen (there's a script for that too but no rigging/weights afaik)

Don't even need to get 2nd gen stuff now though since 4th gen covers basically all of it

Better than Tri? Because it looks much worse, compare the Fossil weapons.

>all that effort and the fur looks like it was ported straight from p3rd

Where's do I access the tournament dlc in MHStories?

Such an ugly piece of shit.

Post p3rd fur

Weapons and armor sadly are not included, they use the same lowres textures as the 3ds version

4th gen's armors use higher res textures though including the returning 2nd gen armors, anything that was in p3rd or 3U is still shit however
I really want the shit out of MHO but no one bothered to reverse the archive format, which kills me because once that's out of the way it's standard cryengine formats

Brought generations and I have a normal 3DS.. Does the circle pad pro help with the camera?
I'm also thinking about getting an XL coz this game makes me feel like i can't see fuck all properly

Digital D-pad is enough
Useless, it'll be the same, the UI is way too big

Such a handsome stud.

Powered by AMD TressFX™

dsogaming.com/news/monster-hunter-online-to-be-visually-enhanced-with-amds-tressfx-technology/

You can do fine enough with only using the soft lock.

>that small fart
I miss when MH wasn't about ANIME EXPLOSIONS
How long until MHO is dead?

What if they're actually being delusional?

Like XX fans? They're a lost cause.

I agree, liking things is not what this general's for.

MHO is already dead because of the cancerous chinese MMO nature of the game.
it was never a real monhun to begin with.

I hate this monster so much. Words cannot describe my resentment of this pile of trash with an abysmal set of attacks. Whoever made this, should hang, his/her family as well.

You can like things, but don't claim games centered around tacked-on mechanics that dumb the game down are good.

Indeed, i too hate lagiacrus.

Still better than Gypceros

Get gunner weapon
Bully the khezu

Seriously, he literally can't do shit to you

>with an abysmal set of attacks

That is my favorite thing about Khezu. Especially the sheer amount of damage his dopey attacks inflict.

>I hate this monster so much. Words cannot describe my resentment of this pil-

And don't YOU claim that fun, challenging games aren't fun or challenging!
You're not allowed to pretend that MHXX is easy until you post your sub 10 super deviant.

Still better than THIS

"wow, insect glaive is really fun!"

>start fighting in area with slopes and ledges everywhere against a monster with its red extract in a retardedly high palce

"wow, insect glaive is fucking annoying!"

>go to upgrade bug
>more fishing adventures

"wow, insect galive is REALLY annoying!"

at least you can swap the kinsect now, which is nice

You seem to have replied to the wrong post.

Not really, no.

Khezu whelps invading Barioth through their anus!

You want to know how terrifying gen 1 really is?
My favourites were Kut-Ku, Rathian and Gravios.
That's how bad the roster is.

I know you mean solo but supers are very easy with 4man. Every super I've done with Mhg has been a sub 5.

What is the best weapon to break alatreon's horns and/or legs?

Bow

Heavy bow can smash his horns pretty fast.

I miss when the answer would have been hammer.

Monster Hunter, more like Wyvern Hunter

Good thing Gen 3 and 4 decided to add some variety

bzzzt

I want to HOLD HANDS with Charlotte!

I can't defend the slopes, but you can use the pheromone shot to reach hard to hit places with the kinsect.
You don't even have to hit the part you want, just line your character up with the desired extract zone and where the pheromone shot landed.

I don't know why they don't have your character automatically orientate themselves with slopes. It's dumb.

In MH4U, during meownster hunter quests, what does it mean when a monster has little green stars on his attack icon?
Like, if I face a Kirin, one of the attack icon won't have anything, and one will have green dots

I want to sniff Charlotte's sweaty hunting underwear!

anyone made the Akantor CB work? I just cant imagine it would be fun to hunt with green sharpness. you would bounce off so often right?

>I don't know why they don't have your character automatically orientate themselves with slopes.
Because restrictions in freedom

I mean, it's not much different from having max sharpness. You go for weak spots. It's even more of a non issue if you're using aerial.

>Green sharpness
>bouncing
???

Problem is with CB you want to go for the head for KOs, which isn't always a weakspot.

That means you have phials, which means you're getting free minds eye on your axe swings!

>Because restrictions in freedom
Irrefutably good gameplay design right there.

Very true, completely forgot about that.

Still, I hate the fact that if the monster moves even slightly I can end up bouncing, which has carted me more than a few times.

Not really, bouncing in green means you'd bounce in white.

That isn't always true.

XX turns
58-2183-0701-0071

How about bowguns?
We'll always have 3U.

Normal HBG or Crag LBG should get the job done.

hardly true, green sharpness bounces off 25 hitzones while white bounces off 20 and there are much more 25 hitzones than there are 20

would anyone happen to still have that picture that the one drawfag made of that one guy's nerscylla story where it wouldn't leave him alone during an expedition? I think it had a caption like "I can be your monster tonight the guild marm doesn't have to know" it may have been part of a set

worst drawfag

Does anyone have an idea for a new weapon class? I think they've already filled everything out. I thought a giant flail would be cool, but honestly, it just end up being a gimmicky hammer.
Also post favorite weapon

I'll never stop wanting gauntlets

>Frontier is such a shit game that it is now trying to appeal to vore fags just so they can get more people to play
Pretty fucking sad

Sergios needs to fucking go and stay go. let me hunt in peace

khezu>giggi

or a name would work too, always did enjoy their work

Yea, he needs to stay away

Double Sabers

Throwable javelin/s. Maybe connected with a chain a la Fire Emblem. Throw it at monster, pull it back. Deals damage both ways. Can even apply coating to chain so it does constant small elemental hits.