/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Headed for the heart of Cygnus edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44972
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP Addendum, under 'Games that are definitely not /egg/:'
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.

You guys getting the expansion for free too?

I don't own the base game

Factorio us east /v/ server when?

Help me /egg/men, how do I missiles in FTD?
And what are the best shells for advanced cannons?
Also the new simple weapons are op as shit.

Maybe I'll share with you if you're not angry.

>2 deds, 1 is pointing to ded(n-2) instead of ded(n-1)
>none have the kspg gtfo adnotation
for fucks sake, at least do it properly you fugs

Wow, people other than me are actually posting this.

you should be ashamed, they should be too

KER-

NEL PANIC

>Forbidden general is mentioned
>Everyone falls apart and starts shitposting as if we were that general

If anyone asks, I have never known you.

I want to Add Something.

It's every eggman for himself now, nice knowing ya

>build what I thought to be a big main bus
>not even close to cover to the amount of materials needed for a death world factory

back to the drawing board I guess

Giant space battleships

first time marathoning, this is a shitshow what I've done.
btw how can I get steam engine productivity / available productivity percent to the circuit network?

that shits gonna be hard to aim desu

Could be this bug: forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44972

ESL, watched this with my parents, so I'm not sure if the dub was wrong or what
What was the ship tech called?

>not using branch layout

nigger

Blog time 'cause fuck you

I think I'm getting the hang on the aft sections. Usually they're pretty terrible (You can see one of my first attempts on the ship to the right)

Also, anyone else designing their ships in a skyscraper configuration ala The Expanse?

I think they fucked with the etherpad, that's why.
They do this, as if it means they'll be allowed here or something.
Schizophrenia is a powerful drug.

What about now?

>branch layout
not that user but please explain

good

main bus with all your products
take branches to the sides with materials to process
take manufactured products from the side back to main bus

So just a standard bus layout.

That's a bus.
Branch would be something like
Bus -> Production -> Production
You know, like real branches.

out

Hey! It worked!

Damn that was fast, thank you mods for watching over us.

Veeky Forums should have a filter that removes any post with that one word that starts with K.

It's almost like you don't want your posts to be accepted here.
Not like they would be in the first place.

Guys my rocket keeps flipping

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

They're literally insane, remember these are the same people who accuse you of shilling for a game when you say you want it destroyed.

Sorry, I got absorbed with the shitposting. I'll go back to being a regular /egg/ poster now

Please don't judge us from the snake-fucker. We hate him too and his posts are easy to recognize at this point.

>snake fucker
what

There were a couple of shitposters in that general, but I can promise you. Not a single one was as bad as he was. He practically had to respond to every single post in there and always, ALWAYS, posted a picture of his snake with his replies. People had reported him and gotten him banned a couple of times, but he always came back. He was as annoying as a tripfag and it wouldn't surprise me if he single-handedly got the general b&.
I genuinely hate him.

The snakefag stopped bothering /egg/ after he got doxed by some fag, it's the cunt who thinks everyone is one of the devs who's the one who keeps posting gameplay and is literally insane.

You go with style or go gunbed, not many options.

Yeah, that's one of the things that I don't like with the game. Especially when it comes to the conveyor belts for ammo and air.

Ok Max

The space wasn't being used for anything else there and it adds a little extra buffer which never hurts anything.

cant you make missles and rail guns and shit with the gravity and stuff

the fug is going on here lol

Not that user but here's what I'm using currently

The blue belts in the middle are supposed to be iron but I'm in the process of rearranging things so they're empty

kerbal

meant for

find the correct combination with welders for self repairing turret walls or panels.

Strumming my pain with his fingers

>rocket launcher guns
I'm triggered.

Top je
j

Fuck off you snake-fucking cunt.

Swing and a miss

Why would the dev of a game hang out in a thread that wants him to be flayed alive?
If I had his address I'd send him surströmmings in a box designed to fail, just like I plan to do to the snakefag one day.

Do you have enough water?

He often twitter-verified his presence in said thread.

Seriously?
I kind of understand the paranoia now.

Never relax around Max.

I wish we had something like [REDACTED], but with the real solar system, humans, real fuels and rocketry, chode-style designing of modules, and colonization. I want to build a base on Mars and slowly bring it up to self sustainability, and finally to being able to produce goods and export them to other colonies.

But then why not get /baph/ on the case and screw with him?
And why post gameplay content and not just warn people his game a shit and he's a shit and people should just play something like chode?

Because we wanted to embezzled investments to mean something.

*our

I can't wrap my head around rails. I want two ore trains from mines near each other share track until two separate loading stations. When I split off the tracks near the end stations, the ore trains refuse to budge, claiming there's no path available.

ok MAN

ok Catfucker

Indie gaming as well as MMOs are probably one of the biggest money laundering things of the modern era, either by design or on purpose.
No one will care, because it's not unique.
They'll never mean anything, just like the retards who bought no man's sky will never get what they wanted, and just like the retards who donated to star citizen will never get their game.

If you actually wanted them to mean something you'd go to court.

>Didn't get back in time to make new jej
>This happens
fug

i wish i could be free of video games. especially all these shitty voxel games that go nowhere.

what do i need to do? go outside?

Human Genetics or Comp Sci II

Computer Genetics
There is no escape, and we both know that.

fuck you I want an answer reee

Human Sci

Its for vanilla build purposes.
You can mod better sticks.

I chose comp sci because it'll be more valuable than doing labs.

>goes to 1.0 to avoid all Early Access obligations
>moves all legal entities to shell corp based in known tax haven
>immediately announces new versions on new systems
>announces year long effort to add languages for more neetbux
how is this not fraud? do people not complain because the human condition is pitiful weakness?

It probably is and there might be a strong case for a class action suit, though since they're mexican based it might be better to do it against valve for hosting the product.
I know nothing about international law, I'd ask Veeky Forums.
Hell, since NASA associated themselves with them at one point, they might be willing to help to avoid dragging their name through the mud, I dunno.

But complaining on a taiwanese brass rubbing forum, especially in a thread that hates the game and wants it to die, isn't going to get shit done.

>this doesn't tip over immediately
Weak.

I find your logic oddly compelling.

This is why we need MAC bans and zombie cookies

Be happy, there is no gun depresion.

Post pics.

I managed to fix it. Dunno how, now it works. I think it was when I doubled up every signal on both sides of the track? Is this something you should do? I mean, would having a signal just on one designate it as one-way track?

yes

>Only two small oil wells nearby
>Huge collection of oil wells with 10x the oil on an island far away
Well fuck. There doesn't seem to be any way to build cross the lake.

Considering the distance across the water I'm considering just cheating to give myself the hundreds of landfill I'll need to create a land bridge.

>that factory hidden in the woods
comfy

>giving youself landfills
>instead of making them
pleb

Consider yourself lucky. The oilfields in my game were in the middle of a crap ton of hives.

>his map even fucking had oil wells aside from the first tiny cluster you get

Look at this nerd and laugh.

You know, Factorio really couldn't hurt to add a robust RTS factor to the game. First of all a greater variety of units to produce and more static weapons, but a well-constructed control layer that allows for similar play to late-year 2D RTS games like RA2 with proper grouping, attack-move, routes and stances. Perhaps brain bugs for the ayys, that can issue objectives to 'alpha' ayys that lead packs or warbands, and use simple tactics and maneuvers against the player's robotic units.

>Perhaps brain bugs for the ayys, that can issue objectives to 'alpha' ayys that lead packs or warbands, and use simple tactics and maneuvers against the player's robotic units.
But everyone will just build walls around their factories and cover it with turrets. You can out maneuver a wall only so much.

It'll only matter for expansion really, but then it'll just be a question of who has more firepower.

flying bugs

>It'll only matter for expansion really, but then it'll just be a question of who has more firepower.
Not entirely, you could always try to pull some C&C campaign shit with way too few units but still managing to keep your units alive and win. When you're doing that, the AI being able to hit you with a pincer or hammer & anvil.

Assuming a flying bug can make it past your defenses a turret or two weaved in with each assembler factory renders it moot. Last I checked laser turrets don't consume energy when not firing.

If the aliens had some resources worth stealing (none now) there would be a point to go out and kill them which in turn makes units more valuable, but as it stands all you really need is a strong defense so you can keep pumping out circuits.

Maybe brainbug ayys could drop their brain on death which you can then be turned into a cybernetic productivity thing that give a large boost to the output of machines in a large radius. That way you have a very good reason to go kill ayyys, but you aren't forced to in order to build components like ayy science did.