/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction is now available on PS3 and PS4, as are the Es and Mai DLCs.
- Central Fiction is also out on Steam with all the DLCs included.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are also available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-/blaz/ Discord
discord.gg/DKTKFMg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JQS8k1YqpfA?t=25s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

never

i would but the port is so shitty that it's not possible to host /blaz/ lobbies there

Looks like there's some event on the 20th.

Man fuck Es, her sword doesn't need to be that big.

TONIGHT

ONE

wow could it be an update or a new character oh wait no it's not

Hopefully they'll announce Kajun soon.

why are you expecting this

bbcf is a good game

It's poorly balanced but it's blazblue that's what counts.... Mori for life

INFERNO

WHY DID THEY NERF OUR BOY? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE S TIER AGAIN
IT'S NOT FAIR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

when is LTG gonna pick up CF

Normies don't play Blazblue

>LTG
>Normie

Happy Mommy's Day

Litchi is fun

i wish she had better character

who cares about balance when you can have FUN?

t. capcom

Bad mom.

daddy's hotter

This is a Linhua.

I wonder what happened to Mai's mother. We never see her outside of this manga panel.

an unbalanced game ain't very fun tho

Like Mai himself she wasn't important

Anybody NA wanna body me?

PC

WC or EC?

I just played a Hazama and my 5B beat his Hotenjin clean.

Houtenjin lost invul outside of OD

Does BBCF have good matchmaking? If I queue up my first game ever would it make me play against other shitty people?

He'll come back right?

Every player on PSN has a Disgaea avatar

>He doesn't have a Disgaea avatar

I have a Usalia avatar.

midwest

Ive literally never been able to find a match through matchmaking. I just search for rooms and hope there is one with a decent connection going on

I have a Persona avatar desu, used to have a BB one.

I also have a Usalia avatar.

I'll play with you, got a lobby up?

Opening one now. I'll call it blaz

o shit, I got 0 bars with you

I'm too lazy to practice and git gud

give me some advice /blaz/

practice and git gud

lobby's up

And thanks to this pic, so is muh dick.

I wish I could have a Disgaea avatar in lobby.
I wish I could have a Disgaea arcsys game

bumping with a slut

dab

I picked up central fiction on the golden week sale since I was interested in trying out some fighting games. I've gone through all the universal tutorials, and have tried quite a few of the characters. Does anyone have any advice for a relative beginner?

Learn one combo > > > expand on it

Barrier in the air so you don't get hit by an air unblockable
Barrier is not the block button, learn when to use it.
OD>Burst, remember that.

Any specific questions?

So many new players fall into the habit of using barrier all the time. They don't realize it actually increases their blockstun, and based on where they are in the string, can actually get the blockstring reset. Just remember, barrier and instant block are opposites.

i've been playing blazblue for 8 years and i never once did an instant block

what parts of cf make it or characters imbalanced? has bb always been like that?

Thanks for the advice. I'm not really looking for anything more than some general suggestions, since most of it seems like it will just take time and experience to get used to, which, while daunting, is something I can accept.

Some are more balanced. CF the god tier characters are too strong CPEX was a more balanced game with no god tier character. CP 1.1 was more balanced, CP 1.0 was unbalanced but it was more fun. CS2 was a good and balanced game. CS1 was unbalanced with Bang and Litchi in god tier. CT was also unbalanced with a broken top tier.

Actually, now that I think about it, are there any characters that I should really avoid playing? I don't care too much about if they're low tier, but if they create bad habits for some reason I'd like to avoid them.

There are some characters that people never play because it's too hard to win with. If you play Noel or Bullet in CF you're in for a bad time. If you play Hazama you're gonna get punked. If you play Taokaka you're gonna get booty blasted, if you play Platinum you're gonna get bullied and then taunted because nobody likes you and you suck.

>If you play Hazama you're gonna get punked
Unless you have experience in previous BlazBlue's and know how to play a decent neutral game while managing resources. It's honestly been hard to win against top tiers as of late, I can only capitalize on their mistakes or inability to block/tech, feelsbadman

That's how everyone feels vs the top tiers tho

So more or less standard balance issues. Shame you mention Hazama since I really like his feel and overall design, but I still probably haven't really checked out two thirds of the roster so there's a lot left to see.

Hazama used to be such a hard character for me to fight now it feels like he's so puny. The best Hazama on psn plays Izanami now. Coincidence?

Izanami and Nine need to be put in wheelchairs. Like Rachel was way back when

Fighting game balance is a myth. It doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a balanced Blazblue game. But I think it says a lot about CS2 how Makoto and Noel were top tier when they had absolutely nothing special in neutral.

How do I become good as Bullet? I feel like everyone has an advantage on me.

I like to think CSEX was one of the better ones in terms of balancing

>I feel like everyone has an advantage on me
they do

>give Azrael a DP
WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS

>CP 1.0 was unbalanced but it was more fun
Depends on your character. I was suffering with stance Nu at the time.

Should I just pray I can get a hit off and start something?

who isn't balanced?

cp was a pretty raw game. even the low tier characters had some stuff that was cool. but then you had taokaka with retarded hitboxes shitting damage everywhere and flying all over the place

why is Centralfiction so dead in pc 2 hours for a match then 2 other hours for another match whit the same person

I've been playing on and off so I fight different players often

pcucks don't play fighting games. they just brag about stealing exclusives from consoles then never touch them.

Back to /v/ with you.

It's true though

i dont personally mind fighting the same dude for 2 hours.

gay

no homo, i just would rather play another person in this game than no one at all

>youtu.be/JQS8k1YqpfA?t=25s

thinkin bout learnin amane if im playing for 2 hours

Anyone got any litchi knowledge

She has like 4 different overheads and amazingly long normals with staff so prepare for that. She also got hella neutral game and some free setups after knockdown with that shitty staff so find a way to avoid that. There's really not much to say except for try your best not to get hit because she can confirm off everything

I'm trying to pick up Litchi and I can't get these combo enders consistent, and pressuring with this character is super weird

It's 2 AM and I'm laughign so fucking hard

I'm pretty sure her combo enders are like 50% planned and the other half is improvised by pressing drive in a random motion or direction for a set up of some sort. If you can play footsies generally well, pressure should be no problem - aim for keeping opponents out of your safe space and taking advantage of the random counters that occur when you do so.

I'm still waiting for an update to it

i have a touhou avatar

Don't listen to the nerds, you can play whatever you like as long as you actively think about it. Tiers dont mean shit for players on our level.

Platinum is like around mid at worst lol

t. Nine player

This is true though, our best player is a Celica player and Celica's like A tier at best, probably more mid-high.
We don't even have players than main top tiers around here besides maybe Jin depending on who you ask, and even if we did, everyone can get punked on netplay.

>someone who has spent thousands of hours to get good is better than other people who have spent less time
Wow.
A fighting game player picking up one of the good characters is still going to have easier time than a fighting game player picking up a bad character.

>guy purple throws me on netplay
>thinks he can get away with it
>tech the next time he pulls that shit
>purple throw him every chance I get
>he can't tech it
>the "combo" actually kills him because he can't tech
Why do people even bother pulling this shit when they can't even tech out of it?

What user? I'm not saying that you can pick just any character to start out with, just that in the end tiers don't matter all that much with us.
I'm not going to
>implying that was me
you, I just wanted to assure the guy that if he ever does get to a point he feels decent at the game he can pick the others without worrying about never winning.
I see me jumping in while you're discussing what's best to start out with is confusing though, sorry.

Yes, but that is probably not the best advice. We have new players here that don't want to pick up a character they like because he/she is on the lower end of some japanese tierlist. A tierlist that is based on high level play and understanding of the game, neither of which are present in your typical netplay match. We would have a very different tierlist.

So what would you prefer: playing a strong character you don't particularly like for the extra wins or playing one that you fell in love with and are able to win just as consistently with?