Post the best road to drive in you're state

post the best road to drive in you're state.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H8waEZmOy1g
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl4_RtrITI0
youtube.com/watch?v=dOuZWu7VbKI
oppositelock.kinja.com/the-best-driving-road-ever-in-illinois-1651802709
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I live in Maine and I honestly have no idea. Our roads suck from all the winter shit.

I live in Florida and the only turns around here are on and off ramps.

New York doesn't have roads, it has strings of potholes with some cement humps in between.

kek

California - Angeles Crest Highway

I'm going up there in a week, the only thing I'll be able to drive is a manual 90's camry; is there really nowhere fun to drive?

>Alabama

The drive up and down the highest point in the state - mt. Cheaha. And yes, that's the Talladega nascar track to the west, but try not to look.

>Angeles Crest Highway
nah nigga you gotta go with the road up mt hamilton its just like in my animes

I'm in NY and there are tons of great roads to drive on. It's all backroad stuff though, up and down mountains and windy shit but great fun.

I try to go about twice a month. It's pretty common to see some really nice cars on the devils highway.

I loved angeles crest so if mt hamilton road is even more intense then it's on my list

>Western PA
>Literally no good roads anywhere

really? i drive to DC like once a year and the pennsylvania turnpike is super comfy as far as interstates go... nice and smooth fast moving traffic with decent views and nice hills and some nice long curves

>falling rocks
>cops everywhere
>highest toll fees in the country

You have low standards

>mfw Kansas
i-i g-guess ill stick to drag races...

You should try 288 from Globe to Young.

Still 50x better than the midwest interstates nigga

michigan here
It's not all bad but when you do find a potentially fun road, chances are it has awful potholes everywhere

unbelievably comfy to cruise with the top down

only problem is everyone is rich has a ferrari or porsche so I feel like a poorfag

>tfw Texas resident
>no "best" or good roads.

Nothing that you wont have to drive hours to get too. Closest thing I've found is the road up near Mt Blue in Weld, just west of Farmington. Right now its congested with traffic tho.

Try rt 44 or 120 up in central/northern PA

Those are maximum comfy touge driving

>ctrl + f
>ohio
>0 results

what did i even expect

Driving through Shea on shorter trips is pretty nice, and pima, i'll usually do both after an annoying worknight
t.scottsdale fag

>Not living in El Paso and having a highway that cuts through the mountain.

Whoa like 4 curves

I'm in Alaska, we have like 10 roads, they're all shit, and I've only driven a portion of one

Its supper comfy. Shit the whole 375 loop is comfy as fuck to drive at night.

There is nothing worth driving in El Paso.

youtube.com/watch?v=H8waEZmOy1g
probably better roads in the Adelaide hills but they all have low speed limits and heaps of cameras, this is in the middle of no where and has a 100 km/h limit

>Not fucking around in the neighborhoods that are up on the mountain.
Seems like someone doesn't know where to drive.

>I'll just drive around in some neighborhoods because there are no quality roads to drive on
Ok

>I don't know where to find fun.
Ok.

I'll check it out if I get a chance, thanks mainebro

Anyone know any fun mountain passes in the Las Vegas-Southern Nevada area? All I know is the roads near Hoover dam and cops lace those roads from top to bottom.

Here In Virginia, I like to drive down skyline drive in my nissan skyline, as late as possible to avoid the tourists

>they all have low speed limits and heaps of cameras
>I have never driven in the Adelaide Hills and have no knowledge of the area
Please stop talking about subjects of which you have no knowledge or experience

Please take some pictures of the skyline while driving down skyline drive in your nissan skyline

You sound like a Portland fag. The state is fucking huge, the roads are nice, there's at least 2 drives I can think of that are fun and bendy.

Nope, Jay. The roads here are shit because they crack and our state doesnt know how to take care of roads.

They're just NOW getting to the worse parts of 100, that have been absolute shit for a decade now.

You're full of shit, fake Virginian
Top speed on Skyline Drive is 35
Best around Skyline is pic related
This mean little bitch goes up and down the mountain, it's a true to life toegay in VA

Wish it was longer and less close to the city, but it's pretty nice. I worry everyday that the cops will install more speedbumps on it. Luckily only one at the very bottom so far.

officer please

Less ant-sized image.

shoutout to my fellow midwestfags who have shit roads

There's lots of regular cars. Main problem is getting stuck behind RVs or tourists going 25mph

Caesars Head way up on the state border, 2 hours away but still worth it, and I'm rewarded with a nice view when I get to the top

Ok well you got a good excuse. That's the one area of the state where roads are fucking terrible. I hate going through the area to get the the white mountains. You should go towards skowhegan on 201, you're not that far from it. I also didn't think route 2 was all that bad, not compared to the roads by Fryeburg.

Go between Cumberland and West Falmouth. Your suspension will probably hate you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl4_RtrITI0
I would say this.

If we're talking about speed.

I cry every time. I have to travel a couple hours to find anything that isn't straight and flat.

Who here /Utah/!

We get the best of both roads, from Bonneville salt flats to the Wasatch & Uintah twisties. A lot of the nice roads are just rich peoples private ski resorts, but you can really just drive in a general direction, pick a small road, and have tons of fun. However, there is a never ending amount of bikers on all the twisties near the cities

I have too many roads I enjoy, the most popular one is down south, I strongly recommend driving Cedar Canyon Summit (during an off day, it gets crowded). Absolutely amazing view too.

Eh, Lime Creek is alright but kinda short. Twisted sisters aren't bad either.

There are some other opinions but they're wrong and they stem from being too much of a pussy to dodge traffic and run it at 2am.

they're all shit.

Skyline drive in good ol Virginia

Black Spur, Yarra Ranges, Victoria

Bear creek road, CA

forgot pic

>Black Spur
>Not the Great Alpine Road

>in you're state

american education

Haven't driven that yet. Once I do then it will be my favourite for sure.

oh wow

The Sideling.

youtube.com/watch?v=dOuZWu7VbKI

welcome newfag

that's awesome

>tfw kansas
>almost all the roads are long and straight roads
>the most deviation you get is rolling hills

the only fun roads around here are gravel roads, where you can pretend to be a rally driver

I thought you faggots liked good driving. Not boring straight highway shit? Backroads and shit are the best to drive on, curvy, up and down hills, tight corners, etc

Wrong, see Much better driving road with a higher speed limit with no rangers giving speeding tickets

KY 89 and US 227 are the best ones I've found.

I'm not really sure, Minnesota has tons of nice roads because they're resurfaced all of the time due to our nuclear winters.

Even Highway 10 is pretty A E S T H E T I C after St Cloud.

Any southern Illinoisfags know decent roads? I know of one or two west of STL but other than that I'm limited to sort-of twisty backroads.

Let me tell you somethin', you haven't lived until you've driven the great state of Illinois...

Have you not done the Ohio River Scenic Byway?

US 395 NEVADA CHECKIN' IN

>America
>anything other than abysmal nigger and pig infested roads

Pick one

Central Spain

The whole twin tiers area of northern PA/southern NY has some great backroads to tear up. Just don't go fully hektik 'cause they're usually dirt and gravel and not a guardrail in sight to stop you from careening into a forty story ravine and dying horribly.

What are some fun roads in the Delaware-Philly area that are good for drifting?

Not for drifting but Kelly Drive/MLK Drive in Philly is nice for cruising late weeknights

Lincoln drive would be nice but it doesn't look like they'll ever finish resurfacing it

>tfw motorcycleroads.com must be full of old farts on Harleys taking their wives on antiquing tours.

All the 5 star rated ones in MA talk about scenery and places to shop and sights to see, they don't talk about twisties. Anyone know any fun roads to ride in New England, not just to sightsee?

best

there's lots of good options though

Your a fag

I always liked Sheridan on the North Shore. Or LSD south from the North Side down to Lower Wacker and up that tight turn onto 290

Isn't it crowded as fuck?

Jalopnik wrote an article about the roads in the Galena Territory in Illinois. While most roads in Illinois are straight and flat, this area has curvy roads and lots of elevation.

oppositelock.kinja.com/the-best-driving-road-ever-in-illinois-1651802709

Depends when you go, spring or fall on a week day is nice with little to no traffic.

Checked

The very south end of IL along with parts of the western edge along the Mississippi River actually have some terrain.

Kancamagus pass is fun to ride if its not fuckin' Bike Week up there.
Also the coast roads in NH have some lovely corners if its not tourist season and jammy as fuck. I'm trying to remember some of the routes in VT that were really nice but its been a few years. I'll get high and see if it jogs my memory..

Ayy UT bro, what do you drive senpai? Salt lake here, so many bikes and campers but I fully understand they can have fun too :)

I find my roads lone wrenching.

Green mountains, route 100 is pretty nice if you don't get stuck behind a minivan going 20