Husqvarna TE450

Husqvarna TE450.

Should I put down 2k for this? I just want to put road wheels on it and look cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=quBTVgtzbaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i just want to put road wheels on it and look cool
I know the perfect video for you
youtube.com/watch?v=quBTVgtzbaU

haha funny good contribution comrade :)))

just get a drz400sm you fag, any dirt bike that is less than 3k is not worth buying it is plain and simple.
they cost about 3k to rebuild and that is why even 10 year old bikes still sell for about 3k.
if it cost 2k it probably needs about that again spent on it to get it running right, things like the spokes, hubs, chain, sprockets, fork seals, springs, brake discs and pads, valves, piston and rings, sleeve, bottom end bearings, crank shaft, etc could all need replacing.

If your objective is to look cool why the hell would you want a supermoto? Get a sport bike. Sumos are fun as fuck and I ride one, but if you're just wanting an image, you're going to regret it.

Idk man, I live in yurop so prices could differ. 2k is actually a pretty decent price here.

And DRZ's are pretty rare here.

I already ride a Yamaha R6.

...so you want a bike for cosplay?

No, I want a supermoto-ish bike with that I can fuck around on a little. Can't do that on my R6.

Oh, like hooning around with some drops and jumps and shit? Yeah, I bet you could have a blast on it. I daily a '15 wr450 and I love it. Should be comparable, but a bit higher end than mine. If you like that kind of thing, then go for it. I'm actually about to get a sport bike as a secondary for longer rides.

dang, I'd love to have the WR450... Too expensive though. It's at least 6k over here for a second hand.

But yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on a supermoto. The R6 is boring me already...

>I just want to put road wheels on it
No

yes

The husky isn't any less of a good bike honestly. I just went wr for the bulletproof engine. That being said, it's a 5 speed. The husky's 6 speed is better. It's a great bike. If you know a sumo is what you want, go for it. It's better than a DRZ.

>$2000 for a shitty dirtbike

what the fuck

Thank you. Does it look okay though, in the picture? I'm going to check it out IRL today, but I'm not so good at judging from pictures.

It seems pretty clean metal-wise, but the plastics are pretty goddamn ugly.

Any used dirt bike's plastics are going to look well used, but on the bright side, you can replace all of them in the cheap. I can't tell anything about the functionality from the picture. It should at least be a great starting point as long as it doesn't run and ride like shit. I hope it's been well maintained and if it has, go for it. I never regretted mine.

>tfw spend 2000 for my shitty dirt bike

worth it

>buy broken 250cc 4 stroke Kawasaki dirtbike at auction for $450
>mechanic inspects it and fixes it for $300
You're full of shit.

Yeah, I'm not sure where he's getting his prices either. Rebuild kits aren't THAT expensive...

Maybe if you're rebuilding a big block v8 lol.

>just get a drz400sm you fag
Opinion fucking discarded

If it's street plated, get it.

If not, don't bother.

TE450 is a good bike.

Just keep an eye on the camshaft bearing, they are known to explode on occasion.

Ok ok, so I should check out the fuel injection and the camshaft bearing, so much I've gathered from online reviews now. Man I'm excited for this thing...!

>drz400sm

Trash. Absolute trash. It was fun wrecking the brownskins with my CRF450 that thought they had power. All I had was a yoshi titanium pipe and jetted. If your not commuting and just buying to ride locally once or twice a week, the rebuild meme is negligible. Just git gud