Why don't they make fun cars anymore?

Why don't they make fun cars anymore?

Chrysler

Because Renault.

Jap CEOs are retarded as fuck. They don't understand the concept of fun.

Simple buddy, because Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is the lifeblood of the company. The vehicle division could close up shop in america and they wouldn't feel a thing at corporate HQ. No demand equals no investment in R&D, and with no R&D there's nothing new to bring customers in thus creating low demand, repeat until you end up like Suzuki.

>tfw no starion

they just make AC now

pajero stronk

I understand that they can make small cuts and "it's not a big deal" but these slash and burn tactics rarely seem to be beneficial to the company. It only keeps them alive, nothing better and will never return to their former glory.

Good riddance. So many electrical issues.

burgerland don't get good mitsubishis because white man won't forgive for pearl harbor

we only make plane we don't fly into pearl harbor

"old" pajero dakar looks like a spooky skeleton

It's kind of sad to see the abysmal state Mitsubishi is in. The lancer evo were amazing cars. I felt like it forced Subaru to actually compete against the evo with their STI.

They dont have any money and probably focus on the turd world and now they are under Ghosn control.
Mitsubishi motors was on its own until got bought by renault-nissan.

I don't even like nip cars, and I am sad that Mitsubishi doesn't have more vehicles to offer.

>tfw secretly miss the Lancer Evo

No money in it
Next time you go out, count how many "fun cars" you see.

Okay faggots, I will tell you the real reason mistsubishi doesnt make good cars. It is all because of fat american retards. Mitsubishi offered a 'tri star deal' in the early 2000s which meant you could get a brand new car for no interest, no money down and no repayments for 2 years. They thought that because it worked in nip land it would work in america too right? WRONG. Millions of amerifat retards bought the cars and when it was finally time to pay back they couldnt pay. Mitsubishi was left with millions of 2 year old used cars that they essentially let people drive for 2 years for free. This pretty much bankrupted them and forced them to cut corners on basically all their cars. Now they are stuck making econoboxes like all other jap companies. If you dont believe me search "Mistubishi triple zero deal nytimes". Moral of the story: never trust amerifats.

>Go to Youtube
> See this in Mitsu Official Channel

Basically embracing the electric world atm. Don't blame them they have to play hard to win.

>you could get a brand new car for no interest, no money down and no repayments for 2 years
When you do this in the consumer capital of the world, you are guaranteed to have it fail.

Mitsubishi line up are all cheap disbosible cars after the release of the evo x they stopped caring all they sell now are 1990's Saturn quality cars Mitsubishi has been stuck in 2008 and hasn't released anything new and selling new cars with win big discounts and warranty that nobody wants only people who don't want to spend alot

Which ignores the reason for that special financing which was that they had been getting their ass handed to them for the better part of a decade and they had to do something drastic to try and get people in their cars. So rather than do something like, you know, make good cars that people want they decided to keep making crap and then get every broke-ass nigger in the hood to drive them for free. Fucking Brilliant!

>ITT: People think mitsubishi builds cars for anything other than R&D purposes and shits and giggles

they don't even make their money off cars.

It worked in Japan because of unique culture of shame you bring upon dishonoring yourself. It wouldn't work anywhere else in the world, but Japan.

>Japs don't know about nigs
Not my problem

>yuropoor

>Now they are stuck making econoboxes like all other jap companies
I like Mistsubishi econoboxes desu :3

Because most 17 year old kids who want a fast car with a big spoiler don't have the money to spend on an Evo. And when they become adults and have $40k to spend on a car, they are normally more responsible and don't want to pull up to work in something that sounds like a poorly tuned lawnmower.

Automakers rarely make any real profit on their sporty models. The most good they do is getting people interested in the brand. Especially when companies like Ford build cars like the GT. They will never actually make money on it but maybe more people will jump on that V6 F-150 since the engine has to be good if it's in the GT.

Kek. They would've never done that if they weren't in a terrible situation to begin with. They brought in the guy who saved Hyundai and even he couldn't help Mitsubishi. And they wouldn't have gone so far in the US if Asian sales weren't terrible either.

>tfw hindsight is 20/20
>Mitsubishi Raider
Pic related

we have to go back

They need to be able to sell their regular cars before they will ever get the money to build something like that.

They don't give a shit about some constantly-failing, low margin budget car operation. Which is why Mitsubishi has mostly divested themselves out of it.

Pic related.

This as well. It's kind of sad in a way, the offer Mitsubishi gave was really nice. Way better than what any bank or dealership could offer. But people will always be people.

This is why we can't have nice things