/ovg/ - #fightgsr Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjeq6cRwjow
avex.jp/eurobeat/
youtu.be/egiIuUsZCMM
youtube.com/watch?v=rWxrEIj4o6s
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502151635924.webm
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=270047852
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for
>ywn roll a SSR Reiko Nagase in a Ridge Racer gacha game

Draw & Drift was a mistake, remember.

>gacha shit

Who cares it'd be trash for that fact alone.

Can you fucking speak English?

nth for best gaem

>he's not a Brazilian shitter

Our boy risto not in the top 20 :(

>slow in first place

One of the first racing games I played

ded thread

friendly reminder that rf2 is on sale!

>no ae86 in upcoming games means normies will forgot abut le epic eurobeat xDD
Is this a blessing in disguise?

didn't notice new thread, sorry

If you live in Ohio and are willing to drive to North Canton in the greater interest of sim racing, please hmu on steam, [email protected], or fb if we're already friends.

Or Mumble too.

No

That means less eurobeat

Eurobeat will still exist dumbass, there'll just be less "memes" made by normies who totally get that reference bro!!1!!

Tell that to the italians making this shit, I'm sure they will disagree

Something like 10 Super Eurobeat albums are released every year, meme or no. I'm sure the producers of eurobeat can deal with a dive in the cringe factor of trying to look at car videos on youtube.

Without Initial D to give the genre more exposure, any publicity helps

Bullshit, fucking nobody makes that garbage anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=yjeq6cRwjow

avex.jp/eurobeat/
>super eurobeat volume 244
>scheduled for release 2017/8/23

These songs are all extremely simpistic, how the fuck can you make them for nearly 30 years?

Perhaps people like some simple high energy music with a strong '80s sound??

RR3 was good to play when I wasn't near a computer, but progression takes too long and the physics are weird

how contrarian do you have to be to hate eurobeat. eurobeat is good music

youtu.be/egiIuUsZCMM

>reading comprehension
I don't hate eurobeat, I hate the normies stealing it

maybe normies like it to you m8

i doubt normies are sitting down and cutting together some shitty 1:30 video of a civic in a ps2 game passing someone

>i doubt normies are sitting down and cutting together some shitty 1:30 video of a civic in a ps2 game passing someone
youtube.com/watch?v=rWxrEIj4o6s

as i said i doubt its normies doing this, just run of the mill memelords
i feel like that video is an example of the worst type of eurobeat video.there are some good ones out there

eg. i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502151635924.webm

>i doubt its normies doing this
Check the viewcount, and the comments. I will admit that sometimes /wsg/ can come out with something creative.

Bought that new NFS from 2016 and having lots of fun, pic related is my current car, opinions?

>Bought that new NFS from 2016 and having lots of fun, pic related is my current car, opinions?
you fucked up

>you fucked up
why?

meant for

the game is shite because it has the worst handling model ive ever had the misfortune of experiencing
even the crew can be made playable with the right settings but that is a dumpster fire behind an accelerant factory

but if youre having fun then you do you

>having lots of fun

get that shit out of here.

James are you going not talk about the exe mods for nr2003 any time soon

Do we have any other events going on? I don't want to bother with downloading a bunch of shit.

What do you mean?

Theres been a lot of edits of the nr2003 exe to make the cars drive like different cars
What's your opinion on it?

Eurobeat is fucking garbage that only homosexual weebfags and manchildren with no taste listen too.

post your favorite music

Eurobeat is the ultimate evolution of Disco and has had more than 40 years of development as a musical genre. Initial D uses licensed Eurobeat because it was ALREADY extremely popular in Japan in the '90s, riding on a wave that Italo started in the late '70s.

The worldwide exposure to the genre has come primarily from the Internet, memes and music piracy, not just Initial D.

whatever, loser.
chicks dig eurobeat and parapara.
maybe if you stopped brooding under your headphones on the bus you might actually talk to one.

Excuse my riced out machine

I think it's cool, but a bit too late.

I live in Avon Lake

>horizon 3 half off

should I do it? standard is $35

am I missing out on much by going with just the standard though?

The game is OK with the standard edition cars but with all the addons it's close to 500 cars
I like a large garage

the expansion dlc aren't that good. The game has plenty of cars imo that the car pass is unnecessary.

I'm fine with standard

You're missing a bit but the core of the fun is there. Expansions are cool novelties but not necessary. Car packs add a bunch of cool cars but far from necessary. And VIP is just useful for 2x Cr on wheelspins.

Goddamn wheelspins are addicting

>addicting

This game is 100x better than AC

fuck all of you

>haven't been able to make it to any actual ovgtp races
>going to miss yet another race
>series will be cancelled by the time I can actually race
fug, sorry lads

normie

iktf
I've only been to the silverstone race myself.

Why are there so many normies in ovg?

because this is Veeky Forums most people that can afford cars / simrigs have to work. If you work you at least socialize some what.

Why are there so many autists in ovg?

Why are there so little simdads in ovg?

Most simdads struggle with the most basic forum layouts or technology in general. I can't even imagine them finding Veeky Forums in the first place, let alone figuring out the layout of that site and how the threads worked

These are the kind of people that use IE, never update it and don't visit sites like Racedepartment because their Norton Security thingy tells them there's a dangerous virus on there, yet download actual viruses all the time. They're somehow simultaniously too cautious and not cautious enough

You do realize that people who are 40 now grew up with the early internet? They're old enough to know how to use shit, not to mention those who are younger than that who still qualify.

Yeah, there might be some simdads that know their shit. From my experience though, it was utterly hopeless. Who knows if those cases are the majority or minority

so apparently you can redo the midnight battle and get another rx7
should try it if you haven't already and want a second

Did you test that yourself? Doubt it's true.

i just did it and thats why i posted
been wanting one for A class and remembered seeing someone on the forums say that after an update you could redo the battles to get a second car
turns out he was right
im happy since i didnt have to spend 10 mil

Reminder

definitely works
just got a second m3 too

Reminder that this Sunday we're doing a slightly long race in rFactor (hopefully after a short RX taster). 2004 Spa 24 hr cars, 2.4 hours long.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=270047852

I see these events advertised all the time on here. Does anyone actually show up or is it a 6 car grid?

if you showed up we would be 7 :^)

>there is STILL no racing sim on pc that can rival gran turismo or forza
ITS NOT FAIR

Shift 2 with mods it's practically unrecognizable from vanilla.

For the LM24 race we pulled a modest 15 guy grid. Really wish more people would join, especially as this time it's on a much better game with a decent mod.

why did everyone left /ovg/ anyway

does thant make it something other than hektik ice skating : the game

They got chased out by the elite shadow government mumble circlejerk

The actual hindsight reason is that /ovg/ in its heyday was a really weird mix of two opposing groups, and stewards catered to the lesser of the two:

>actual, legitimate aliens
>memeposters who couldn't race for shit

There was a period of about a year where we had upwards of 12-14 solid drivers in a field of 30-35 cars. We accidentally built a really good online league in a very unlikely place.

Rather than continue with this foundation into the future, stewards instead pushed for /ovg/ to be "inclusive" because "muh feels" and did little to nothing when dedicated shitters/top-tier autists/people who obviously didn't give a shit began showing up to races and generating chaos for one reason or another.

Everyone who was here for the genuinely good racing, either stopped racing, or left completely.

>stewards

People got tired and moved on. Happens with all games.

You're almost right, some of us who loved the racing are still sticking around in the hopes it actually turns up again, but it's honestly just not worth racing a 10 round series if you feel like it's all gonna be wasted on someone not attempting to race but rather just turn up without practicing even 5 minutes

Oh hey it's an ESL shitposter I wonder who this could be.

The OG GTA
Chicago 90

Are you willing to drive to North Canton to measure a race car for me?

Only if by race car you mean your dick

god dammit man

Funny Swiss Man

>Rather than continue with this foundation into the future, stewards instead pushed for /ovg/ to be "inclusive" because "muh feels" and did little to nothing when dedicated shitters/top-tier autists/people who obviously didn't give a shit began showing up to races and generating chaos for one reason or another.

This is a complete fabrication. Most of your post are lies. No one tried to be "inclusive" except Valrys, and people who shit up races get banned from the servers anyway. Everyone here races hard and takes things semi-seriously. What really happened is .
There might be a decision to not run a series (like DRM) where the cars are exceptionally difficult to drive, where inclusiveness is considered, but usually it boils down to what will be fun with a crowd. Twitchy cars and pack racing do not mix.

People have lives, people have to go to work, simracing gear is expensive, computer parts are expensive. Everyone here is an automotive enthusiast and real cars take up a lot of time. Some of the games we're using do not work properly on everyone's computers. That's why the attendance is low.

>Everyone who was here for the genuinely good racing, either stopped racing, or left completely.
I have been here for years because the virtual racing on Veeky Forums is very consistently good. I am always challenged by faster drivers while having good racing with the slower ones. People actually give a shit about the quality of racing and are friendlier and more competent than any public lobby. So, fuck your theory.

p much this, if you ask people who don't race anymore why they don't its because they don't have the time to race. a lot of people have grown up and left university and got jobs now, very few people on /ovg/ are in education.

tfw have job, but still race with ovg

when will i grow up

And the ones in education can't race during exam periods

>t. someone whose last exam is tommorow

>And the ones in education can't race during exam periods
Maybe if you're a retard. Exams aren't a problem for anyone with intelligence.

>tfw to smart foe exams

>Everyone here is an automotive enthusiast
oh my wew

This. Half of the faggots here don't have a car and people keep saying we'll make /ovg/ better by moving to /v/

>day one car pack that is only available though pre-order meaning if you don't pr-order you won't have all 750+ cars
>considers each livery as a separate car to hit the 750 mark
>car pass only covers first wave of dlc, thus making the """"""""""ultimate"""""""""" edition a flat out lie
>110% of car list is ported from Horizon 3 and Motorsport 6
>no toyota road cars
>off-road cars despite there being no off-road racing
>every gt car is outdated
>"hey look we have porsche, we're so cool right guys?"
>dynamic weather works like rain/night in fm6, only certain tracks have it and you can only choose from preset weather event sequences because the devs are too lazy to develop ACTUAL FUCKING DYNAMIC WEATHER
>"""""""""""""""avatar customization"""""""""""""""
>career is still a series of bland, meaningless races with retarded ai
>online will still be a demolition derby full of special needs students
>none of the features youtubers and fanboys want will be present
>will have a shitload of limitations despite emphasizing how open-end it is
>youtubers (shills), fanboys (shills) and critics (shills) will give it perfect 10s for """new""" features that have been in racing games for over 10 years
>youtubers will milk the shit out of when it launches talking about how "dope" everything is
>those who criticize it using valid points to back up their arguments will get shat on by fanboys doing their daily damage control routines
>mackseemum graffiks will only be available on pc despite micronshaft pushing the xboner x's performance
>console version denied full graphics so the game will run smoothly on original xboners
>cancerous camera shake
>literally only good thing is the fact you can play it with a guitar hero controller

Why should I be excited for this again?

forgot pic