/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Source of all greatness, all things that be: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

If there's one thing I don't like about the visceral attack system in this game, it's that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which enemies can be parried and which ones need to be broken.
I just did BSB and he can be parried, but the Abhorrent Beast that's about the same size apparently cannot.

>want to record how fast I can do pw to show user
>always do it flawlessly
>everything possibly that could go wrong go
>enemies behave completely different
>watchers do a fucking jump attack

do you ever blank out during co-op? I just did due to some fucking horrendous lag. also done it because I get summoned for amygdala or watchdog and they summon an old hunter

Only if I actually get called away and would need to put the controller down. I've never purposefully blanked out of co-op, I'd feel bad.

I fisted the pig to death, at Layer 2 now.

>Mother Kos
How will Kosmfags ever recover?

Where's the tonsil stone? I forget.

Yurie is cute!

I blank out only if I have to run off in the middle of the session. Though, it's hard to resist blanking out when I'm summoned into something like Lower Pthumeru or Defiled, but at least with the latter there's a good chance that the host will get himself killed quickly.

>when boss attack hitboxes are longer than the model and animation
What is this, DS2?

What variant of which weapon do I upgrade for a full STR build, guys? I already have a maxed Beast Cutter, Pizza Cutter and Amy Arm.

Should I go Boom Hammer? Logarius Wheel? Find and farm Heavy Abyssals to convert my Church Pick (or Bowblade) into a STR weapon?

Also, how's the Beast Claw fare? Its damage scaling was awful last I remember using it, and the beast mode gimmick wasn't worth it even with Laurence's rune.

Any red lantern window after you open the Forbidden woods

If I'm already past Rom is it too late or something?

K I R K
I
R

100 TONS OF FUN!

il be fine because its literally kosm and not kos

I'll wait for the two of you now, I had forgotten how undead giants are at half hp.

It looks too big and unfashionable on my character. I like the sound it makes tho.

Beast Claw isn't very good, try Stake Driver instead.

>Having trouble with Orphan
>Go on youtube
>See dude beating him at lvl 4
>Decide to try the saw spear
>OH KOS! THIS WEAPON IS GREAT FOR BACKSTABS!

I feel like I wasted my time upgrading the wrong weapons.

Also Kos is a really pretty person. I would waifu. Took a look at her after this fight.

shut up escanor

>go through loran
>no bastards to do defiled

i find Augur of Ebrietas to be the easiest way to backstab Orphan. I think getting enough arcane to use Augur is worth for every build, especially pve builds.
Also tricked Holy Moonlight Sword charge R2 is slow enough to catch Orphan at the end of his anti-backstab frames when he summons the lightning

SRRC always takes a while for me. Feel free to run on ahead.

Is the Wheel good? I've made a build around it, but I'm struggling to use it. Is this just a case of getting good and practising?

>There are people who legitimately think Code Vein is a fromsoft produced souls game because of that fucking "prepare to dine" tagline
Why do I read youtube comments when I know I'll find nothing of value and only get mad?

boom hammer or kirkhammer. boom hammer has a limited moveset but is really fucking fun to use, I'll never get enough of blowing the old hags up while they yell and groan about the fire. it isn't practical for every situation though. the kirkhammer on the other hand is a sword when you first use it, it's sort of fast and cuts down enemies quickly once upgraded. it has a good charge attack for thrust damage as well. the tricked mode is where it shines though, it turns into a fucking mallet and you start pulverizing shit into the ground and pancaking motherfuckers left and right. it's a blast to use and yields some of the highest damage output on a strength build.

It is usually enemies larger than AB need to be broken, while anything smaller can be parried.

you have change your style with that weapon it seems, really practice with it and learn the moves and distances

Don't read Youtube comments. Life is already full of pain, cringe and embarrasment, we don't need an extra dose.

FUCK UNDEAD GIANTS RRRREEEEEE

The Wheel is just dash R1 spam.

Every weapon is good except Fist of Gratia

I cheese them from range with the bowblade.

Pitiful really.

>not liking it

theyre cool though

I got oneshot again, beckoning at layer 2 again

There is NO FUCKING WAY atk down isn't the most common curse.

only cool kids use atk down

At Layer 3 now and I still don't see anything unusual about this dungeon, did I get memed?

For the beast claw location, is it supposed to be the shared fixed ailing loran that you get bastards from? Guides say there's supposed to be a treasure room, but there isn't.

Yes, just after the Beast Possess Soul in the side room, watch a youtube video if you're confused.

No Layer 4, thanks for the help guys.
Aside from the fire room and loot room the dungeon was pretty average but all those fires gave me a good laugh.

Which Boom Hammer? Also, what about the Logarius Wheel? Isn't it effective as a physical weapon too? (It's got S scaling with STR iirc)

I'd like to know which forms are the most useful for a no Arcane build, by the way. As far as I know Boom Hammer also benefits from some sort of elemental damage when it's cocked.

Also, at which point can I access FRC dungeons? I remember someone saying that you can buy Sinister Isz in Isz Gravestone and skip the rest. Is this true?

Can't give too much advice on the Hammer as I haven't used it extensively.
As for the Wheel, the one-handed moveset is mostly physical and entirely blunt. It hits like a truck when gemmed with full physical gems and especially with full blunts. The downside to this setup is that the two-handed mode suffers greatly because it's mostly arcane. However you can abuse the multihits on the R2 attacks to build up beasthood rather quickly before switching back to untricked to hit like a small Japanese truck.

>mostly physical
100% physical

No, skips were patched out forever ago. Now you need to collect the roots and make at least one depth 5 FRC root yourself to be able to access them all.

I was under the impression that it still had the minor amount of arcane damage. When tricked this arcane damage is doubled, gets better scaling, and gets an extra 20 arcane damage added onto the end, but the physical damage is reduced by ~30%. Otherwise it had arcane damage like the BB, BoM, and Amy Arm.

It still does very low arcane damage in untricked form. The tricked form just adds a bonus 200% arcane damage and decrease the physical damage by 30%.

Is there any glitch to skip the dungeons and get to depth 5 roots?

Anyone up for comfy chalice coop? I'm doing the story Loran chalices for the first time, going into layer 2 now. I'll be ringing if anyone wants in.

Pass: bbg333

I just asked a reliable source, but I want to confirm with you guys.
I can't platinum the game unless I get the dlc as well?

No, you suffer like the rest of us

Not really, you'd need to get the ritual materials to make the next chalice anyways.

For an Arc twink, I just level Arc to 50 starting from Cruel Fate, right? Or would that push me too far over the preferred BL 43?

You can get plat without the DLC.

The DLC doesn't affect the platinum trophy at all.

Rather spend 50$ on the save editor than doing another chalices again.

Oh thank fuck. I only have Gehrman and the three endings left.

I remember an user saying something similar about making an FRC Defiled Pthumeru instead of an FRC Isz like we usually do. Does this actually work, though?

That's quitter talk, friend.

Ok

Then you have failed

Too bad for you.

Don't skip the DLC, it's honestly the best part of the game

The only chalices I dread ever doing again is defiled and lower loran the rest are not that bad desu

Tell me one good reason to not do it?

Ailing Loran layer 2?

Because you're taking the easy way out, and pandering to the reddit philosophy. You have a community here 24/7 willing to help farm gems of all shapes and sizes, and you just want to be a bitch about this. The chalices leading up to the FRC chalices for the good gems take almost no time at all, too.

Are you going to buy it for me?

Pitiful, really.

You would be even more of a gigantic faggot than you are now. And that's saying something.

pretty princess here :3 time to enter meme country

>you should lose hours on hours, in order to spend hours on hours grinding for gems
Yeah, kill yourself, you autistic nigger. From should have not been lazy and completely fucked an important part of the game like that.

RIP Gud Hunter ;~;

Gonna ring on layer 3 and keep going. By the way, I'm not trying to speedrun through these or anything, just cooping to make this less boring.

user :(

Hello everybody.

>I am going to purposely not play a part of the game

b-but user the grind is the best part

also, hello 2nd machine :^)

The only thing completely fucked here is you, big boy.

>mfw I didn't copy my save before beating Gherman

They weren't lazy. You are. You can run right through most every non-FRC dungeon fairly quickly, since most root dungeons can be skipped, and Hintertomb can be skipped entirely. Even if that's too much, just join people while they go for gems.
Quit being a little bitch, and play the game.

Just level arc to meet whatever requirements you need, I only have 25 arc on my bl43 parasite twink because most of the damage comes from flat gems anyway. If you're relying on scaling to do damage then level it more.

30 or 40 arc is probably more reasonable.

>I am going to purposely not play the shittiest part of the game full of awful bosses and terrible level design

Okay, how about leveling only Arc to 47, that puts me at BL 43. I want to use the Parasite, of course, along with a converted weapon, probably a Saw. Or should I stop at 40 and put some investment into Vit so I don't get stomped?

>You can run right through most every non-FRC dungeon fairly quickly
>Just spend an entire day to get through them and the next time you play, you'll totally not be sick of them :^)

Fuck Mensis is annoying

degenerate

>Gerhman is literally an anime boss fight mixed with bullshit

How bad is the Moon Presence compared to him

>entire day
Besides being fucking retarded, it seems you're actually shit at the game.

Not trying to defend him but every time I kill a watcher I get a chunk because of my eye rune and now I can't get any more chunks because I've hit the limit

that's how much watchers I've farmed

you'll never convince me that this is ok

How do you buy it

You are so far up your own ass your head has basically just become a dildo, which explains why you're so stupid.

>there's no material you need to collect to create other dungeons :^)

well i should probably fuck off too :^) i love you all very much bbg

You'll almost certainly get all the materials you need while doing the dungeons themselves. You can also buy everything in NG+.

moon presence is laughably easy