/dsg/ - Dark Souls General

>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sur4qN_4Oi8
youtube.com/watch?v=k74Zb7_aG8A
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/196078
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is nothing here for you to pillage or plunder. Please, leave quietly.

toon

>tfw no musky dragonsis

soul of cinder was not as fun as i thought he was going to be

what emotion is the image trying to convey?

Need help with Abyss Watchers please.
I haven't slept all night and now I'm just getting combo'd to death over and over.

PC
password: asseater

a simmering disdain

how could that not be fun

isn't it like playing a literally boss version of a normal character?

I have aids

Could someone explain the sharp-infused dagger meme to me?

In my community of invaders some people have started using dex builds with 40 DEX and doing hornet ripostes with sharp daggers, at like SL50 +6 mid level invasion sort of shit. What I don't get is that from what I've been told, flat defense gets ignored when doing ripostes, so basically it's the higher AR total (including factoring in the crit mod) total, the better. Split damage doesn't really matter since all that's being checked is the % reduction, and actually even for a deep infused dagger, dark damage % reduction is usually lower than physical usually since dark DR scales with INT which most people don't level up. Considering this, from what I've seen with 40 dex at +6 a sharp dagger still has roughly 15-20 AR less total than a deep dagger at the same level (which requires no stat investment for that number btw). Only difference is that dex infusion is pure physical, in fact that should be a detriment since physical DR is usually higher than for dark because of armor.

I'm trying to test it out atm but too many people are either unwilling to get parried or they get parried after taking multiple hits to the face so I can't see the full damage they take, feels bad man.

tl;dr mostly I'm wondering if I'm right in thinking that the total AR (+crit modifier) is what matters for hornet ripostes, or if somehow having a slightly smaller number but pure physical actually does more riposte damage? or in short it seems like a +6 sharp dagger with 40 dex should do less damage on riposte than a +6 deep dagger yet I keep seeing people using sharp daggers?

i will come on my tarkus character

where do you want the sign?

I'm right here user, can't guarantee I'll stay alive tho

leeft side of the fog wall pls, i'll ember up in a sec

>What I don't get is that from what I've been told, flat defense gets ignored when doing ripostes
the logical thing would be flat def works as normal, but since total damage before any reductions is higher, the percentage of the damage that gets removed by flat is much lower with crits than with normal hits

Any fun new things to try after the recent patch?

sign on steps

the number of things done by cheats make me mad that FROM has never added any of these options to the game in some way just for fun. feels like the game has so so much unexplored potential that you can't explore without going into clandestine territory and risking getting banned.

DONT HELP HIM

ABYSS WATCHERS WAS MY FAVORITE BOSS ON MY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH (first DS game too) BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY SKIPPED CRYSTAL SAGE ANS WAS A NOOB AND GOT REKT 8 TIMES BEFORE FINALLY WINNING BY MYSELF

YOU'RE DENYING HIM THE SOULS EXPERIENCE OF EXTREME BUILD UP OF FRUSTRATION INTO ORGASMIC RELEASE YOU FOOLS

so if i fucking murder sirris i can still use yorshka yeah?

i got tarkus
thanks for this

What the hell? Abyss Watchers are the Pinwheel of DaS3. Are PC players really struggling with them? I thought this was just a bad meme.

nah man tarkus must assist bosses

lmao ez frag

Yeah so in theory the deep dagger should do more damage with a hornet riposte both because dark resist is lower for most people and the total sum of the split AR's is higher than the dex dagger, right?

Even better because a deep infused dagger requires literally no additional stat requirements for its use on a knight (which most people are), or just super low req's in general. I can't see any benefit to using a 40 dex sharp dagger for ripostes instead unless I'm wrong about something.

this is not my first rodeo friend, i've beaten them countless times, sometimes you jsut wanna get it over with

nope, yorshka's throws your sinning ass off the tower if you dare to talk to her again after killing something so pure, you swine.

Give it to me straight, Doc. How's the SSS now?

>the number of things done by cheats make me mad that FROM has never added any of these options to the game

IMAGINE

Player designed bosses that use custom spells

only usable at 60 fai

>flat defense gets ignored when doing ripostes
I don't think that's actually true, but since the damage you're putting in way more damage you're going to break away from it, so I'd imagine it's less of a big deal. Take dragonslayer axe with lightning blade for instance: the whole reason why the split damage is okay is because you do enough to pass the point where flat defense will keep following it upwards. Ergo attacks like ripostes which do more damage are probably going to show less of an effect from flat, but still a bit.

assuming you're the OP, how are you getting combo'd over and over again if you've "beaten them countless times"?

are you like SL15 or some shit?

Crystal Sage is the Pinwheel of DaS3 you mong

Abyss Watchers are more like the Quelaag.

other bosses ive played like gael and gundyr have more interesting and fun to use movesets

>Player designed bosses that use custom spells

what dude

i'm pretty sure it would require a lot of development to make mods like this possible/easy

the faith scaling is the same, the physical got borked. Mugenmonkey hasnt updated it yet, originally you could go for 26/29/40 and have a refined longswords AR in spite of only having spend 5 more points of investment. Now you're going to have around 20 AR less than before usually, but it's still higher than raw weapons.

Has anybody actually beaten you yet?

A boss with a player's reactions and adaptability seems like too much of a challenge

Crystal Sage can be a legitimate threat to some people though. Abyss watchers practically kill themselves.

My understanding is that flat defenses are ignored with crits specifically, but this is a souls game so I guess we'll never know for sure. Kinda why I'm trying to test it out a bit myself but hosts and phantoms are not always so willing to comply to my experiments.

Mostly want to see if there's a significant difference or not. If they're both in the same ballpark for hornet ripostes then obviously deep dagger is better because it doesn't require any stat investment. On top of that I also need to test the daggers compared to raw DS axe with resin on it, since it's one of my favorite builds and only requiring 18 str and 14 dex leaves a lot of points open to do other things at SL50.

There are hackers that do it now.

I've seen some asshole appear with a fire aura effect and cause it to start raining fireballs before.

>Crystal Sage is the Pinwheel of DaS3
Crystal Sage is a much, much better realized bossfight though. It's more akin to DeS' Fool's Idol bossfight than anything else.

>Crystal Sage can be a legitimate threat

wew lad

Who gives the coldest footjobs, Priscilla or Friede?

yes, especially if i summon more than one person

Yeah just sad that there is cool shit that is possible in the game but will never be "legit", only available to cheaters.

Mostly just having a PvP mode where someone gets to play as a boss and a host + phantoms tries to beat him would be fucking awesome. Make it part of Arena or something.

can doesnt mean almost always you dolt. on ng++~ those soul spears HURT.

why would artorias do that around a bonfire he isn't undead

fuck why didn't I buy DaS 3 on launch
I'm loving it so much
I found the lothric knight sword and it has such a nice range, but does it get better scaling on strength?

Priscilla. Friede is a cozy room most of the time by a bonfire. Priscilla is standing in a blanket of snow for god knows how long.

Crystal Sages had clear inspiration from Pinwheel.
Like Pinwheel, the difficulty of the boss can be neutered if you keep on top of the clones, and if you know which Sage is the real one then it becomes even easier.
youtube.com/watch?v=sur4qN_4Oi8
youtube.com/watch?v=k74Zb7_aG8A

Bonfires also provide like, actual warmth.
>catcha : camping praca

>responding to luci in 2017

jesus fucking christ dude...

Halp demon in pain?pc got him down to half way by myself.pc pass open

>Ivory King prepares to descend into The Old Chaos

>find a summon sign in front of a bossfog
>summon them because why not
>they die within the first few seconds of the fight, having done zero damage
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN--

Yes, I know that Fool's Idol, Pinwheel, Witch of Hemwick and Crystal Sage share the same overall gimmick.

The point was that Pinwheel is insultingly easy because his bossroom is so tiny that you're like immediately on top of him when he spawns and can just pulverize him in seconds. With the Sage the arena is a bit larger and the clones can actually kill you if you just run around carelessly.

I liked his theme desu

How is the Follower's Sabre in comparison to the Scimtar? I'm having trouble deciding if the extra range and different WA is worth what feels like slower speed.

Git gud

I really enjoy the Farron Greatsword becoming a good meme

The potential it had is now shining brightly and brilliantly as viability.

>boot up dork souls 1 for first time in a year
>do my ritualistic catacombs run
>go down to the tombs for the early cssr
>black knight randomly drops off the map and gives me the halberd

fuck seeya later challenge

I DONT KNOW HOW TO BUILD PYROMANCY OR ANYTHING THATS GOOD TO USE WITH IT HELP ME

stop being retarded and you should be fine

iirc it's a dex or quality weapon. also in all honesty you're probably better off, i mean there's some shit you missed out on but you also have the advantage of not having to deal with all of the bullshit before the patched it.

for reference, caestus used to have essentially no recovery frames and as such was pretty much unpunishable because if people didn't land the parry they could instantly roll away after, or even worse, they could just spam parry and probably land it because it was so fast.

that said, you also missed the ability to git gud like me and be able to beat caestus parry spammers pre-nerf with a 2H LK long spear, so depends how you look at it. best thing you got to miss out on was the seed of the giant tree though.

use hyper armor weapons

like greatswords?

nothing changed for breakdancers, it's still shit against anyone who's good. sorry to burst your bubble faggot but nobody wants your gay ass dancing lessons

only while 2 handed

Get enough str/dex to equip one of Onyx Blade, Gargoyle Flamespear, Gargoyle Flame Hammer, Demon Scar, Witch Locks, or any Chaos weapon.

Split remaining points between int and faith, with some vigour, attunement and endurance split in, ideally 30/30/20 or so.

Get Chaos Bed Vestiges/Floating Chaos/Black Flame and snap the game in two.

You're fucking done. It's not that hard.

Its still an annoying gank weapon that isnt good in duels

I noticed the covenant no longer blinks while in bonfires, did they remove being summoned while resting?

nope, but some bonfires are in unsummonable areas

Update on playing DS3 like DeS(only level start and boss bonfires allowed) :

I was expecting Farron Keep to be the worst earlygame level to do this shit in but it turned out to be fairly decent because you know that shortcut you can open back to Road of Sacrifices near Farron Keep perimeter? Well turns out that that shortcut is actually really useful and allows me a quick boss door run to Abyss Watchers by starting at Farron Keep bonfire, taking the ladder up, crossing the swamp and going through the perimeter.

This route was fairly fast, efficient, and I think that this is the way DS3 was originally meant to be played before the Bamco suits ordered the game to be made more casual friendly.

Here

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/196078 adjust accordingly to what you'd like to use. It would probably be better to get 40/40 int/faith but eh..

t-thank you

Is Chaos Zweihander viable still? I figure if I'm going to be an UGS faggot I might as well get as close to THE LEGEND as possible, if only with aesthetics.

How would you guys do a MLGS build? Focused on the sword itself, not just having it as a side arm for a magic-centric build.

>don't play for a week
>get the will to play tonight
>log in
>YOU HAVE BEEN PENALIZED
>what
I did some shit with CE but always offline, ethernet cable pulled out. I don't get it. Anyway, is a ban permanant ? I want to play. I restored a back up from a year ago, will I get unbanned in a few weeks ?

it never was viable its just an ez way for shitty players to win. Hell I bet very few people know about toggle swapping out of combos.

>sl120

>invade host
>he lets me fight the spirit that he summoned 1v1
>finishes me off the fucking second that I kill his phantom
That's so rude in so many ways.

>enter catacombs, embered
>immediately invaded the moment I set foot inside
>wait for the invader in the first area
>wait some more
>where the hell is he, anyway?
>INVADER VANQUISHED
... okay then.

The fuck is this shit build ?

Maybe

drop the last 5 into Int.

Pricilla....god Miyazaki, hate you for spreading you feet fantasy.

I'll keep using for now since it looks sick and has good range

Damn shame about missing the on launch patch. My first playthrough of DaS 2 was on launch and it was my favorite and most satisfying of all 8 consecutive playthroughs
Beating the lost sinner before knowing about agl with a mace made my dick explode

What about Dark Harald GCS?

>45 vigor
>8 vitality
jesus I knew tripfags were bad at this game, but are you just that bad at math too? I hope you enjoy getting 2shot by strength builds

>I did some shit with CE
>but always offline

Are people really this fucking stupid? Do you not understand that this is the risk you take by using CE?

>going over 80

How many fucking years has luci been shitposting for?

I do. The thing is I did that shit 5 fucking months ago, why would I get banned now ? Meanwhile, people going around cursing people aren't getting banned.

>I cheated in the game
>I don't understand why I'm penalised
I hope you're never unbanned.

I don't understand why I'm getting banned now, considering that I changed a character's name months ago.

Too long. He's never even varied his shitposting methods, it's always the same shit.

haha nigga wtf is that fashion haha nice waifu haha

ban waves

>quit job
>apply for new better job
>they tell me it will be at least a month's wait
>buy ps4 and game to pass time
>love it so much
>next day get call
>you can start work in 3 days
>and you'll be working away from home
>with no internet
>for 4 weeks

feels like getting cucked desu

Backlog, probably. They've only got so many people going over the logs and gather up a bunch all at once.