What do you think of the Pentecostal movement, Veeky Forums?

What do you think of the Pentecostal movement, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0
youtube.com/watch?v=xGaSJUqEyC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Focus on speaking in tongues and miracles undermines the point of the Gospels and turns church into a giant circus sideshow, like in every other form of Evangelical Christianity.

It's mostly bullshit. A person who speaks in tongues is speaking languages that they can't understand,not nonsensensical repetitiond. It is a wicked generation that seeks out signs and miracles. However If I could a qt virgin christian waifu because of it, I'd gladly put up with all of it.

Daily reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=Kcd1a68YQq0

>However If I could a qt virgin christian waifu because of it, I'd gladly put up with all of it.

Is one of that particular brand of Christians really the sort you want, though?

Speaking of which, are women the biggest draws to Pentecostalism? They're the only ones going through ecstatic trances, all the men just stand around.

A virgin pentecostal waifu is better than any of those whores who claim to be christians.

its everyones right to religion but really wtf man cant you see the hate the war the obvious control method that is all religion

Meme denomination that produces too many televangelists

Heresy

I wish it would fuck off and stop existing.

>mfw some members of my own family are Pentecostals
>mfw these are otherwise intelligent people who take this shit seriously and can't see how ridiculous it is

Pentecostal services are kind of amusing, though. What typically happens is it'll start off like any other kind of Christian service...then someone will start with the speaking in tongues, then about 30 seconds later the whole congregation is going apeshit. It'll eventually calm down, and the service will resume, but you can guarantee it'll happen again in short order. Rinse and repeat for two hours.

Whoops, forgot pic.

how did this shit get popular?

you sound like a bit of a wet blanket desu

No. You wouldn't. First wife went that way after about five years of marriage. That shit's too much. That's why she's my ex now. Trust me, save your money and don't marry a Jesus freak. Or save time and find one right now and buy her a house. Your choice.

Poor people loved waving their arms, jabbering in tongues, and rolling on the floor in church, plus it offers divine healing.

I'm not speaking as a non-christian, I am speaking as a non-pentecostal christian, if I were to have to choose between a pentecostal virgin wife and a non-pentecostal christian non-virgin wife I'd gladly choose the former, not withstanding your experiences with a woman that you never expected to see in eternity.

Evangelists/Pentecostals are all fucking nuts. Even if she is actually a virgin, she'll most likely have some serious mental issues from being exposed to all that shit. And if her parents are too, she mostly likely grew up in a super fucked up household without the ability to relate to other humans beings in an appropriate manner. At least other Christians (sane proddies/catholics/orthodox) are grounded in reality and can function normally in society.

I feel like you should feel atteached to your religion, not be a slave to it. Thats why im buddhist.

but buddhism isa about freeing yourself from all at tatchments (not to mention buddhists still believe in demons) so desu senpai its just more about true gospel vs heresay/tainted doctrine

lol even you don't expect to see some bitch for LITERALLY ETERNITY. I wish all you sad fucks would stop lying to yourselves and find something to do.

>catholics/orthodox
These aren't Christian

Understandable. I just dont see why people can go around judging other people's religions or religious sects when theirs is just as confusing.

youtube.com/watch?v=xGaSJUqEyC4
It's insane

Montanism has once again reared its ugly head.
sure bud

Quiet, proddy. Adults are talking

My mom made the family go to a Pentecostal Church from when I was 10 till around 16. Holy shit I could not get out of there fast enough. Two hours of torture every Sunday afternoon. It launched me into an edgy atheist phase for a while before I smartened up and got super Catholic.

>smartened up and got super Catholic.

charismatic Christianity is pure cancer