ONLY THOSE SHITTY MR2s SNAP OVERST-

ONLY THOSE SHITTY MR2s SNAP OVERST-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U9h1UX4I4m0
books.google.com/books/about/Toyota_MR2.html?id=JiPHCQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button
youtu.be/VNCXJ1RAcWw?t=4m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what happens next?

youtu.be/U9h1UX4I4m0

lesson of the day: Never lift, git gud, don't blame the car for lousy driving habits

>wrong engine placement

The engine was only ever meant to be at the front. Anywhere else and the car will snap out of control.

Which episode is this?

episode 4 of 5th stage

wrong

naw

That's me driving in winter with bald rear tires in winter in my Accord

that attitude of the guy in the RUF is hilarious

I wish I knew man. The car sure did great considering it's competition. I just feel like it's so wrongly hated on and blamed often

if anyone wants some more specifics on the 2 in particular then chapter 2 "The handling issue" is a really good read. A little after and you'll find the revisions Toyota made to "correct" the "issue" for the inexperienced average driver who was awkwardly marketed a mid engine turbo sports car. You'll find that the most dramatic changes are tires (which btw were skinny 195s), alignment, and a 1mm larger front and rear sway bar which apparently made a world of a difference.
books.google.com/books/about/Toyota_MR2.html?id=JiPHCQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button

i've never had my aw11 snap oversteer on me

t. someone who has a 6 speed LSD equipped blacktop swapped mr2

Fuckin based transaxle and engine setup my dude.

same here man. I've got a 3rd gen swapped SW20 with good tires and a custom alignment and have yet to become victim to it (my own driving flaws). First week of getting it I tried to snap it in a parking lot to learn it and it was absurdly difficult to reach those limits, but at the end of the day it's so much fun knowing that you can just mash the throttle for regained traction.

btw what tranny setup you using in particular?

>The power was only eevr meant to be at the front. Anywhere else and the car will spin out of control.

MR is to FR as FR is FF. Just flat out better for performance cars, even though it's more dangerous for shitty drivers.

*oversteers*
*snaps back*

>posted from user's phone moments before understeering directly into pole with his FF shitbox

There is no need to be so rude

c62 tranny with the original c50 housing which is the typical way to do that swap iirc. I track my aw too and the car is so outrageously predictable I often use throttle induced oversteer for quicker turn in

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUUUUUUDE

What's your suspension setup like?

sick, I heard those c50s liked to have 5th gear popout issues but that's cool to have a6th grear cause our boxes have such short ratios. and yeah I also enjoy how lifting up a little gives turn in and throttle down tracks understeer. super easy to modulate the weight transfer

excel struts and eibach springs (not my decision, PO put these on, I plan on going koni sets next year) with -1 camber, 0.15 total toe in for the front. max camber allowed in the back (i think it's like 2.5 when I measured it) and 0 toe. Tires are 195/50 15 but I'm thinking about changing it up if my rims allow it.

yeah c50s have bad issues with 5th gear. and yeah its so cool feeling how sensitive the cars are to throttle steering.

Judging by how he had his foot absolutely buried into the brake pedal all the way into the spin - that was a clear case of over-speed.

Nothing "snappy" about it.

1st gen SW20 owner here (the snap meme model) my rear tyres are too good/wide (comepared to the front) to ever snap oversteer on tarmac but let me tell you I've done a fair bit of of driving on the dirt and the difference in handling compared to a FR is quite substantial.

All rear wheel drive cars will oversteer on lift-off and dig in better once you get the throttle on but the MR2 is greatly exaggerated in both regards. Once you lift off the throttle and turn in the rear swings out at an alarming rate and the car seems like it's not going to make it around the corner at all, it seems to just go straight on, and you need to swing the wheel to full lock FAST.
But once you give her a boot up the arse with a bit of throttle she'll transfer all the weight to the back and pretty much hook straight in the direction you've got the nose pointing and you'll have to wind off your counter-steer completely as soon as you touch the throttle.

It took a bit of getting used to and I can see how it would cause problems for novice drivers, I absolutely love it now however.

I too have a rev one, nothing wrong with it at all compared to the other yearly revisions but I just have newer better and wider tires and a good alignment.
btw it sounds like you just described a drift so basically our cars drift by nature lol

Nah, the guy talking about 'throttle-induced oversteer' was talking about drifting.
This guy was referring to how difficult it is to keep it in a drift because the line between the car has a tendency to either spin out or hook hard in the middle of the drift, sending you to the inside of the turn.

Yeah mate I'm talking about dirt driving so of course I'm drifting, there's no other way to drive fast on dirt!
But yes, the 90's was the height of the drift craze in Japan so most 90's RWD japanese sports cars were designed to be able to induce a drift comfortably - or more accurately - they were designed to be fun and controllable when driven at, and over, the limit.

Check this shit out, when the MR2 first came out, gets good at around 4mins:
youtu.be/VNCXJ1RAcWw?t=4m

It's harder than a FR yes, because everything is exaggerated: Less traction off throttle, more traction on throttle, spins faster and needs quicker counter steering, but the fundamentals are pretty much the same.
~HOWEVER~
Wide angle power-over drifts are a different kettle of fish altogether, the big pendulum at the back makes it way harder to control, you won't see many high HP MR2's baking tyres and "manji-ing" the straights like those RB25 s13 drift fags.

>It's harder, ~HOWEVER~ it's harder

>the fundamentals are the same ~HOWEVER~ not when doing x
ftfy.

>not countersteering

ffs man learn to drive your fucking honda

Learn to drive faggot. If I can keep traction in a 2wd pickup with bald tires and no weight in the bed, you can handle a fucking Accord.

>defending a backwards corolla

Looks like he had some brake trouble.
Faded brakes?

>blaming a car on oversteering
Just turn steering wheel less or release gas pedal, retard. Understeer happens because of car and also depends on driver (a little bit). But how can you POSSIBLY oversteer?