Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

newzoo.com/insights/articles/esports-franchises-70-watch-only-one-game-and-42-dont-play/
strawpoll.me/12967586
twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/863838666380242944
twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/863131166358081536
twitter.com/nage_pink/status/861197758622908417
twitter.com/omtg/status/856486567614889987
twitter.com/310_progressive/status/863743219217055744
twitter.com/simo_niki/status/860707770865074178
twitter.com/77_pretzel/status/863734412084617216
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who do infiltration and mike ross play in GG?

anyone wanna play melee?

mike was playing axl when tasty steve was showing him the game

I was really expecting a Skullgirl
Not hoping, but I was expecting it

I'm really glad that the last thread was about lots of discussion,GG,MK,KoF and lots of other good stuff and that it didnt have any SF V shills!
Let's keep at it , /FGG/!

But it's Mother's Day

You're a fucking retarded casual if you actually believe this. I'm not playing anime games to fap. I actually like their mechanics. If they made an anime MK clone, I would not be playing it since I despise dial a combo, even if it had my waifu in it.

they both play axl

I always tell people he's easy to pick up but most don't list him here for beginners

Heritage for the Future was a really well-handled game in regards to source material on Capcom's part despite technical flaws, but I'm not so sure that a new 2D fighter would ever work.

>I'm not playing anime games to fap.
Emphasis on "I" lmao

So?

How do I find locals? Houston seems so fucking dead.

>5'6"

Lanklets BTFO

I still find it fucking retarded that everytime a airdasher game gets released its automatically "Weeb material anime game"
Fucking MK is more weeb than GG at this point

is tasty steve any good? I saw him blowing up some random guy on stream once

Play guilty

I wonder how hard the people in this universe roll their eyes every time one of these tournaments is announced.

don't mind me
just posting best mommy

texas is huge, so i'm not sure if it applies to your area in texas, but i thought texas had a really strong and consistent scene? for all the major games, at least.

Axls and Milias old designs were so much better than their new ones

>infiltration and mike ross are beginners

If you have any solid fundamental basis, it doesn't mean you should be locked to Sol/Sin/Ky

Those 3 are just easy for people with no concept of what do in a setplay heavy game because they can be boiled down to do Gunflame/Grinder/Beak Driver meaty and then yrc and do a high/low/tick throw

Only play SFV or Melee and google some shit like houston arcades/fighting games/tournament. You'll probably end up on a facebook page for a room or "arcade" that hosts some. Same issue here but I don't play those games.

Ehhhh, you missed, pal.

In the storymode there's a lot of scenes that are long and drawn out with really little relevant stuff happening. For exemple, that scene at the beginning with Zappa and the NPC in the observation room is like 10 minutes long but only has two lines of relevant info. Then on the other side you have important stuff that's poorly explained.

>xrd has an entire thing you can read that tells you everything about anything in the gg world
Which is proof that it's not well-written to me. A good story doesn't need an encyclopedia to help people understand stuff or connect the dots.

he plays leo, so of course he can blow up any random guy. he's ok, he does well at wnf, which has other decent players like beautifuldude, kizzie, foo, etc.

Imagine KoF then,its been having tournies every year since 1994 and everytime theres an evil organization/ancient monsters/cult/gay timetravellers/Evil Freddie Mercury behind it and everyone acts suprised every time

He's tournament player level, and he def knows how to play (combo's, pressure, reads, os' etc), but in the grand scheme of things he struggles to get top 8 in majors, let alone see japanese gods.

>You're a fucking retarded casual if you actually believe this.
No, I'm someone with logic. Just because YOU would make the switch doesn't mean every shitty Jam player jerking off to their waifu would start playing MKX just like brodudes who like gores wouldn't pickup Xrd just because "dude dial-a-combo and block buttons are so great".

ask on discord, twitter, twitch for games you want to play
search facebook groups and ask
texas showdown's in houston, how the fuck is it dead

play mommy mishima

BEST MILF BEST REDHEAD

I want to because she looks cool and hot but then I think about how she fucked Heihachi and suddenly I don't want to play her anymore, I'm not into NTR

Anime aesthetics appeal to the more hardcore audience and so does the deeper mechanics and higher skill ceiling. Meanwhile the bropill tier aesthetics MK has matches the ease of access of its gameplay. It's not rocket science. If for some reason MKX player like Xrd and vice versa then people would play MKX and Xrd would be as dead as Koihime or Yatagarasu.

Reminder that Dizzy is a succubus that corrupted pure boy Ky.

>Best redhead
nuh uh

>in the middle of a match
>get disconnected from the beta
>reopen the game
>missing executable, cannot launch

Is the beta already over or did the executable just disappear from my computer?

I didn't actually look at the date it said it ended so i'm not sure.

Yes, I'm saying that this applies to casuals, and only them. People that actually like fighting games, e.g., the people that go to tournaments and such, will play games that actually have the kind of mechanics they like.

Why the fuck do dial-a-comos trigger people so much.

It's like how people get pissy about BB because of overdrive or burst being a seperate meter

Not him but I think the argument isn't entirely void, he did say the majority of players and with that I can sort of agree. Someone who doesn't know anything about fighting games yet won't be able to decide what mechanics he likes or doesn't like, he/she probably doesn't even know if different fighting games have different mechanics attached to them. Average people (including those that play games regularly) are clueless about fighting games.

>another random smash major I've never heard of in my life has 55k viewers

how do they do it. people only care about jive like 3 times a year

But Koihime is still played in Japan. By people who are good at other anime games. They play it because they like anime.

Of course, it's just a coincidence that all the top Xrd players watch anime and play Granblue Fantasy then.

you don't need it to understand the plot

its just cool world details like what music is popular and what the population of the world is

I just ordered a hrap 4 kai. I've always been a padfag. Tell me how hard I fucked up.

newzoo.com/insights/articles/esports-franchises-70-watch-only-one-game-and-42-dont-play/

>Of course, it's just a coincidence that all the top Xrd players watch anime and play Granblue Fantasy then.
so do the top SFV players probably, what kind of stupid ass argument is that.

Alright, let's settle this once and for all.

strawpoll.me/12967586

What do all smash players have in common, besides the game?

so when does ed get released for real?

they jerk off into other people's futons

They probably prefer more free-form systems, it does feel kind of out of place in a 2D fighting game as well but that's just my opinion. My beef with the system is that you have to input combos beforehand instead of timing them with the hits meaning there are very few things you can confirm. That's not to say having more confirmable strings wouldn't break MK, it probably would, I just don't like the current gameplay and unresponsiveness either and it's a defining part of it.

>They play it because they like anime
Actually according to Brett they play it because besides it being a legit good ass game, the director behind the game is heavily involved in the community and talks to top players all the time and is constantly listening to the feedback they get about it.

Also, Koihime plays nothing like an anime game. There's no airdashes, there's no extra movement options, there's no gatling/magic series, there's no bursts or installs or power up modes, it's just Street Fighter. Ground based footsies poking space control with a super bar and EX moves. The only extra thing about it is assists.

Name 5 SFV players who made top 32 at Evo who watch anime (battle shonen don't count) and play Granblue

Are there any Melty Blood characters that are unviable if using certain moons?

>he isn't buying the fighting goty in 24 hours

keep enjoying jive

>But Koihime is still played in Japan
Pretty much every Fighting game is played in Japan tho
US is the only fuckin place that throws all games under the gutter the second a new SF thing pops up
>Of course, it's just a coincidence that all the top Xrd players watch anime and play Granblue Fantasy then.
I haven't played GF but I heard its unironically one of the best phone games you could get
>Which is proof that it's not well-written to me. A good story doesn't need an encyclopedia to help people understand stuff or connect the dots
Its more of a "Hey you just joined the series and we already moved onto a new story saga,how bout you catch up" kinda deal
Its also there for people who gave no shits about Overture

Can't speak for everyone, but personally, I prefer being able to see the moves I'm doing while they're coming out. Attempting to confirm off of a string that hasn't even started yet always annoyed me. Also, the lack of natural links feels "wrong" to me somehow. And if I'm saying that in a strange way, I mean that a move can be +10 on hit, yet I can't link a move with a startup of 10 frames or less into it in all cases.
Oh yeah, sure, casuals of course. You can sell them anything in a pretty package and they'll buy it. But this is /fgg/ I expected you people to be above that.
And the top MK player is a gay furry. Your point?

whens pokken??

>goobers and tekken fags ganging up on upstanding capcom players who have kept this general alive all this time

Name 5 Xrd players who made top 32 at Evo who watch anime (battle shonen don't count) and play Granblue

DIZZY IS PURE AND CUTE

At CEO

twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/863838666380242944

>Koihime plays nothing like an anime game
I know. That's exactly my point. Koihime plays like Street Fighter but looks anime. If people cared about the gameplay like /fgg/ believes, Koihime would be played by Street Fighter players and would be ignored by anime players. But it was all anime players who picked it up, Street Fighter players all ignored it. Including top players.

I thought the discussion was about drawing in players new to fighting games (since if they knew anything they'd have at least some opinion on the mechanics), I don't think anyone here claimed to play their game purely for the visuals but I'm not sure I've seen every post in this series.

I'm the guy who posted this btw:

>battle shonen don't count
Go fuck yourself. This is literally "not anime if I don't like it"

Capcomfags were ok until SF V dropped and they suddenly started feeling threatened and need to bash everything else that isnt SF V so they can feel good about their dead game

>5. T7
B- but this was supposed to be Tekken's year? What happened bros? It's not fair! IT'S NOT FAIR GUYS!!

one piece is the best manga of all time and is a "battle shonen" so fuck off also granblue is just a gacha game and I can guarantee that any japanese person plays gacha games

humble and dedicated SFV players are the most honorable and honest of all fggts
everyone else is a deviant and spreading toxic lies about fighting games that are not their own

5th place is pretty good for a game that hasn't been released.

>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the best manga of all time and is a battle shonen
ftfy

>Injustass 2 BTFOing tekken 7
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR!

>Play against Laura
>Hurr durr Cr.LK > St.LP > LP.Elbow combo
>Hold up in anticipation of command throw
>She does it again
>Stick to my guns and keep holding up
>He keeps doing it over and over
>K I'll block now
>Command Throw

Why do grapplers exist?

TWO YEARS
game has been around for TWO YEARS

>a move can be +10 on hit, yet I can't link a move with a startup of 10 frames or less into it in all cases
That was the first thing I noticed in MK as well, what the fuck is up with that? And I mean I tried on moves that had 3-4 frames leniency on paper so it's not a border case. It's like the concept of + frames is warped, just how does the game even work?

yeah just like injustice 2...lmao

everything after tekken are dead games

you play ryu?

To piss shitters like you off.

Kolin

Before you input the string you can hit confirm into it and in your strings there's parts where you can hit confirm the string into a safer path OR end it with a safe special.

It's like target combos you have to input them fast.
MK strings are basically 2d fighter strings/target combos/magic series/gatlings in 2d fighters. You don't always have to use a string every single time

Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 will murder what's left of Jive.

Capcucks on suicide watch

laura needs to crawl back into the dumpster she was born in

ahh I thought it was you who I did that too

hold that shit nigga regardless

twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/863131166358081536

+1000

toppest fighting moms

Is the beta over?

Tell me or i'll beat you up.

and Axl doesn't even have setplay for the most part so how is he more complex than those characters?

They could be beginners in GG though for all I know, if they want results fast they have to start with easy/medium shit like everyone else, give them Zato and you won't see them getting shit done for at least half a year no matter who they are.

I know all that, I'm saying that's not good enough for me.

So these are the types of people who play western fighting games unironically.

it's a pretty nice stick if you paid less than 100usd for it. only gripe is the position of the side buttons.

Gatlings can be late canceled in Melty/GG/BB, strings are not like them.

Nage: twitter.com/nage_pink/status/861197758622908417
Omito: twitter.com/omtg/status/856486567614889987
310: twitter.com/310_progressive/status/863743219217055744
Shimonkin: twitter.com/simo_niki/status/860707770865074178
Purepure: twitter.com/77_pretzel/status/863734412084617216

Your move

>animeonly

I was thinking this oki setup looked pretty fun and I'd have fun if I played it. Then I remember it's NRS so they'll patch it out in a month so why bother.

>60k views

smash cant keep getting away with this

any1 wanna play yatagarasu (lmaooo)