/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 14th:
1264 – Battle of Lewes: Henry III of England is captured and forced to sign the Mise of Lewes, making Simon de Montfort the de facto ruler of England.
1787 – In Philadelphia, delegates convene a Constitutional Convention to write a new Constitution for the United States; George Washington presides.
1868 – Boshin War: The Battle of Utsunomiya Castle ends as former Tokugawa shogunate forces withdraw northward to Aizu by way of Nikkō.
1948 – Israel is declared to be an independent state and a provisional government is established. Immediately after the declaration, Israel is attacked by the neighboring Arab states, triggering the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

>News
EU4 DD 09/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-may-2017.1020275/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

based

wew
e
w

La Plata

Nicky

white people are cancer

can i still form germany?

How do I sell territory so I can migrate?

>prestige whore

kill yourself

9th for meme Venice

please respond

4 inf 4 art 1 hus 1 eng, 60 stack is two on top of each other
Late game replace the hus with a plane and the eng with a tank

4 inf 4 art is trash, do 5 inf 3 art or 6 inf 2 art if you're extremely poor or russia

or just replace all the INF and ENG with tanks, they have better stats than infantry dummkopf

they have worse defence and it's almost impossible to sustain too many of them

Let me give away territory reee

lmao are you retarded

nigger do not listen to any of these people, 4 inf 5 art 1 hussar, and an eng if you are a rich GP

all your mobilized divisions are infantry so you want to be arty heavy in your "professional" or permanent armies

/gsg/ lost the board war in 20 minutes

>mobilizing
>ever

have fun fighting ww1 when everyone's mobilized and you aren't

Reminder that this is an elaborate false flag by the steamcordgruppe so they can fuck up new players in MP wars

Why would you fuck up siege and recon with a random art that isn't covered by any inf?

how do I win as Brandenburg? I attacked pommerania but lost all my army and had to reload, I dont know what else to do...

it's covered by the hussar you fucking idiot also all your mobilized infantry divisions

>have shit professional army
>country declares war on You
>oh i'm just going to mob-
>*half of the country gets occupied*
>oh well haha... i can still win I just have to regroup my mobilized peasants with what's left of my army
>*peasants get stackwiped, millions of people die*
>lose war
Wooaahh... so this is the power... of Steamcordplaza

Why the fuck do people form a coalition agaisnt me(in meiou) even if i'm way too small but when the ottomans blob all over the place nothing happens agaisnt them?

>5 in the front line, six in the back
>covered

>playing bloatmod

>have shit professional army
how are you coming to this conclusion you fucking retard

>don't ever mobilize
>professional army gets stack wiped due to being massively outnumbered
>the stacks that don't get wiped can't ever reinforce because they are being hunted down by 10 times the amount of troops

Speaking of which, what is a good EU4 mod?

I have played EUIV for years, and I never got a coalition. Perhaps you should tone down your blob?

MEIOU.
Ignore this shitposter. He is just butthurt crybaby because MEIOU remove the "push to genocide" button

So how brown was Demian?

>4 inf 5 art
>not shit

Does MEIOU work with the EU4 to Vic II converter?

4 INF 5 ART 1 HUS That's a whole *FIVE* frontage lad, what else would you need?

I don't think so. MEIOU add lot of new religion, culture and tag.

You know what, go fuck yourself shitter

What about engineer? Engineer is also support like art.

Lad, no one said said only 4 INF and 5 ART, they said 4 INF + 1 HUS and 5 ART, stop trying to make fake posts.

Wrong, engineer on the defence is better than infantry, but on support it is semi-decent.

And anyways, engineers aren't as good as artillery at winning battles.

I just annexed morea and then everyone enters a coalition and then naples declares a fucking coalition war

Oh shit

EUIV is dogshit. Reminder.

except when you are using MEIOU

The correct answer is 5 infantry, 3 artillery, an engineer and a hussar
A nice clean 30 stack

t. gigau

Is the EU4 to Vic2 converter even updated for 1.21?

that's literally not true you fucking faggot even reddit knows better than this

How big is Morea? AE increase when you take more unjustified province. You need to forge claim on bordering province first and only take claimed province.

did you have max force limit? did you have a general?
did they have too many allies and you did not?
starting out as Brandenburg is really easy. ally with poland and focus on the teutons

With the teutons I can only take neumark is that normal? Also do I need to give poland that one province in the war?

don't give poland a damn thing and yes it will be a little slow

none of that shit matters pre 1880 the fronts so wide, you are just throwing shitloads of infantry at other people with loads of horsies against their perfect 30 stacks with a thin ass front line

Buddy up with Poland and ruin the toots together if they don't want land like neumark or danzig.

Prussian ideas don't start kicking in militarily until their third idea, so lay low until then.

If you get lucky, there will be an easy target within a year of the game start if poland inherits lithuania, since anyone who was allied to lithuania will no longer be.

2 provinces and i had claim on both

Do you declare any war before Conquest of Morea?

yeah but those were 6 years before and i didn't have any AE

m p w h e n

What divisions design is the most overpowered in HoI4? I'm want to do a cheesy world conquest game.

That's weird. Perhaps bug? Or perhaps you mistake normal alliance with coalition?

no, naples declared a coalition war, maybe it was because morea was an ally at war?

Tanks have siege and planes have recon, so you want to replace hussars with planes and engineers with tanks. A perfect army would be all planes/tanks, but the entire world won't produce enough plane/tank resources by 1936 for you to do that.

prove me wrong

Hey lads, should i go ahead and annex the People's Republic of China and unify China or focus in annexing the british malaysia?

>we will never see a Christian Japan
Feels bad man

>getting bogged down in a war with the allies
Kill the Commies, the Japs and then do whatever the fuck you want, because you'll have won that stupid game

What kind of development does the land you're conquering have? If you're eating provinces in Northern Italy prepare to get dicked by your neighbors because those territories are incredibly rich. The Ottomans don't get coalitions because the high development land they eat is in Egypt and all the nations there are weak as fuck.

4 infantry 5 arty or 4 arty 1 eng and 1 hussar

hussar is frontline so everything is hitting at once
having all that extra frontline means wasted damage potential

What ideas lads

4 Inf and 1 hussar = 5 unit wide frontline
5 Arty or 4 Arty 1 Eng is 5 units backline
When one of those Inf or the Hussars sustain to much damage, they pull back, leaving a 4 frontline and 5 backline. One from the backline is put in the Frontline.

Arty in the front line is boko no gud.

With 5 Inf and a hussar and 3 Arty and an Eng, you have a 6 frontline and a 4 backline. Two frontline units can retreat before your backline is thrown forwards.

espionage

Aristocratic.

Help! Played Brandenburg, poland calls me into a war with Teutons. Then 1 month later Bohemia enters war and takes half of my country. How to prevent this?

>Germaniacs
>not based Prussiapros

______________________git________________________________________________________________gud________________

Hosting Victoria 2 MP:

Hyper Prussia Mod(checksum: PGSK)

t. minecraftkid

it's rather aesthetic

exploration/expansion nigga

you shittin me

join join join!! lobby almost full

I'm entering, hold for me :)

almost have enough, join!

hold on i'm coming too

omw

Most of the surrounding area is wasteland though. And how do you get enough $ to expand?

coming

I've been having issues with the Ottomans making any country east of the HRE not particularly fun recently, so I decided to give them a shot and pick up the unify Islam achievement while I was at it. I can see why they never lose, especially with "lucky nations". There's pretty much no way you could lose. No coalition will ever form against you and no nation can stop you. Unlimited manpower, godlike armies. Perhaps the pendulum has swung too far from the horrors of "Spanish Anatolia" in EU 3 to this?

You're cusco, there's like five gold mines right there, including potosi

HOLY SHIT

LMAO

How are you gonna explain this MEIOU advertisers? That lagging is a feature? Fuck right off.

MEIOU is the future of this general. You cannot fight it, but squirm anyways. ;^P

You're welcome to enjoy bloatmod, friend. After all, there were retards that unironically played Vickymod and PDM.

You can run current MEIOU at 4 speed with no noticeable lag from about 1400-1750. If it's 30-40% faster, that's running at 4 speed with no lag throughout the entire game.

If you call that unacceptable, you're just baiting.

*touches weiner* ~mmm yes~

So I'm playing Greece in HPM and am trying to get some industry started. I'm really seeing two options; A liquor factory in Attica or a winery in the Peloponnese. The only reason I'm divided is that the Peloponnese has enough fruit for its factory, but only 60k pop. Attica has 130k, but doesn't have enough grain to fully supply the factory. What do y'all think?

deadass, i need to zip through my EU4 Prussia -> Germania sessions at lightspeed so i can spend the other 7 hours im awake watching twitch streams and playing league of legends until my ADHD meds send me to sleep

>You can run current MEIOU at 4 speed with no noticeable lag from about 1400-1750.
>M&T Devs being this delusional

Sorry lad I'll take good performance over some avantgarde ebin features.

It's not about speed you mong. I play at 2 speed because I love the feeling of starring at maps. The problem is the shit is all jittery, jagged and overall lacks performance because of an overflow of events and provinces. Now add pops to that mix, and I can't see it being any faster.

No noticeable lag? I'll admit my PC isn't that fast but I can zoom through the months in a few seconds on vanilla when I want to, MEIOU is molasses tier even on speed 5