/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>shopping list edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>CM5 Immobilizer
youtube.com/watch?v=KHXfmbEGyhk

>How to replace an axle on your Honda
youtu.be/fMMutpmWr94

>Honda Accord Aux
youtube.com/watch?v=0YeY0smqU9Q

>Restoring your headlights
youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=G02wKufX3nw
youtube.com/watch?v=wvU46h2c0Yw&list=RDQMjCdSQsQAvYA
youtube.com/watch?v=jCH34wNRNB8
youtube.com/watch?v=07nFnNx2P3E
youtube.com/watch?v=0VAF-4Er7_A

>S2k crash
youtube.com/watch?v=4HQPkVQeBrc

>user's Pizza Run
youtube.com/watch?v=vkZiiOQ9bIc

>user's blogfag
youtube.com/watch?v=9085EUGbvMs

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/2011-honda-cr-ex-hatchback/6235332834.html
youtube.com/watch?v=guIY3x5o8lE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

That timing to check Veeky Forums.

>Tfw battery finally going out and I'm broke

It's putting out a max of 13 volts with the car running.

Is offering 7k for this Cr-z too much? A 2013 with the better features and battery is alot more. Should I just hold off for the later one or wait for better deal on 2011-2012 model?
>sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/2011-honda-cr-ex-hatchback/6235332834.html

Yes. I'd pay 6k for that. It's a lot of miles

Thanks I figured it was too much to offer, doubt they'd take 6k though. I'll wait for better deal

My new prelude. $3.9k, 137k miles, all stock

Paint looks good! Go to autozone and buy some detail supplies. Claybar,polish,sealant

Here's where my old tailgate went.

>when Hondafags do interior decorating

Kek

Xb is still running great.

Toyota stronk. Where in Texas are you? I was in Houston doing some wangan at the end of July. Those highways are pretty crazy.

little bit north of houston in magnolia

Congrats on the prelude. Any plans for mods? Join the collage btw see

Oh cool I met up with the /hou/ boys and hung out with them in Galveston.

yeah the freeways are kind of crazy, you can tell these small jap cars werent really made for going 80 on the intertsate kek

I legit was one of the slowest in the group. I still had fun though. Blows my mind how big Houston is. Like twice the size of New Orleans.

>hey guys meet at Dave and Busters
>ETA 45 mins but I'm still in Houston

Fucking crazy.

Stop it, Honda.

Every time I see a wrecked Type R, I get more excited to see the engine put into an EG or EK.

H A P P E N I N G

Red valve cover makes that earth dreams motor look good

That is mad. Doing that when I make my man cave

>Kitchen with bar
That's a dope ass house, my apt here is garbage for $1600 a month.

By American insurance standards, this car is "totaled" right?

Probably not, it's worth a shit ton.

Looking at touching up paint on several cars
Hope i have what it takes nihgas

You don't, you'll fuck it up. If you want it done right get one of those mobile touch up guys on yelp.if it's a shitbox, have at it

Theyre all shitboxes

>CM5 Immobilizer

What the fuck is that video? Does this guy simply have a fake on on his bundle?

Some son of a bitch must've tried to steal my car in Riverside where it had lived, they probably tried to break the ignition and crank it like an old car, but it wouldn't go, so the PO had to get another ignition cylinder from another Honda, the black key opens my doors and trunk, the grey one starts it

It isn't a CM if it isn't broken in some way.

Oh that's kinda funny lol. At least they didn't steal it.
Reminds me I need to get a immobilizer on my car.

Starting to get scared over how easy Hondas are to steal. 90s specifically but moreso 80s

minus those awful white appliances the place looks nice.

My mom's car doesn't start unless she has her seatbelt on. It doesn't seem like much but at least it stops an amateur carjacker from taking it because they wouldn't expect it. The more experienced ones would probably make light work of it though.

The family car has an immobilizer system. If you don't press the hidden button within 20 seconds after starting the engine the car shuts down, alarm goes off, and the doors are locked. It's hidden under the dash though so it's not exactly hard to find. I guess that too can be easily circumvented.

My EK doesn't even have an alarm system lol.

are new models (2016+) pretty safe? I live in a very white area but sometimes I have to park downtown.

Yeah they're pretty nice one bedroom apartments. I'd most likely live there if I wasn't splitting rent with my mom.

F U C K T H I S

youtube.com/watch?v=guIY3x5o8lE

CLUTCH SLAVE

lol i texted you back. this was my first thought when I started having problems last week. replaced the entire system and did very thorough bench bleeds

weird. My 05 RSX started doing the exact same thing Friday night. Yesterday I replaced the master and slave cylinders and it didn't fix the problem. Turns out the clutch was bad. Replaced it today and its fixed.

M A N U A L

240sx engine pulled

Work needs to be done this shit looks meh af, but it's from 1990 so whatev's

Also gonna rebuild the steering rack

Damn that shit is crusty as hell.

Needs an Italian tuneup to burn that coal off.

Got me new fake spoonies lads. Went with 15s because the ride was brutal with junk2's and low pro 16s that the junkie that owned it installed. Gonna have a go and install them tomorrow at the yard while me bumpers are in the shop getting painted. Got a good deal with the rubber they were selling, 450 all around tires and all. Couldn't pass it up.

Stupid pic didn't upload

return of the birb curse

Were you running that shit without engine oil?

sup

Nice Accord, now let me park, fag

It's abandoned

Not if you're there.

Do any of you guys know about crv issues? My mom's 04 CRV has a slight gas vapor smell coming from the rear of the car. There's no visible liquid leaking so I know it's likely minor and just letting out small amounts of vapor. I told her it's probably a leak in the fuel line near the tank. The car has been reliable as all hell aside from this issue. Anyone know more about this?

She make sure to turn the gas cap until it clicks 3 times?

Got me an Odyssey battery on the way. Heard they're pretty sweet and super lightweight. Figured I'd give it a shot since it's around the same price as a traditional battery including the purchase of terminals.

Does it smell like fiji?

Hes nobody.

Actually she's entirely forgotten to put it back on a couple times now, I'll check the cap when she comes back.

The water or the island? Definitely doesn't smell like fiji water but I imagine it smells like the island because people there are so poor there they probably use gas generators routinely.

probably not the fuel line itself, could be the charcoal canister in the EVAP system is saturated with fuel from overfilling the tank. Does she try to fill the gas tank up past the first pump shutoff?

Had the same issue. The first thing we tried way buying a new gas cap and it turns out that's what the issue was. There were no visible signs the old cap was bad though, but changing it worked for us.

Any time I've gone to the gas station with her I've seen her take out the pump after it automatically shuts off so I don't think so. Think there might be something slowing the flow of gas out of the filter?

Thanks man, I just called her and told her to get a new cap. I hope that fixes it, I know these cars are built like tanks so I wasn't really sure about it being a fuel line leak.

I honestly started forgetting about it

Are you saying you jacked that car?

I did forget about it. Fuck that was a terrible time. I expected my battery to shit itself so I'm not even mad about that. It's got almost three years on cranking up a billion times under its belt.

I'm impressed you're barely only having a starter relay issue when it's a pie delivery vehicle that cranks up alot.

Nah this parking lot is at the beginning of a hiking trail i go up.

Yeah I expected to replace my starter and/or alternator a long time ago. All the accessories attached to the engine are all what came with the car with no signs of failure yet.

>starter can literally be changed on my D16 in a few minutes
>never fails
>Jetta and Corolla starters are in weird as fuck hard to reach places
>both shit the bed

90's Honda really is the best pizza car.

>Have to remove intake manifold on K24A4 to get starter
>It's the one thing showing signs of failure on old CM
D16 is a good motor despite being a sohc timing belt, I excuse it because 90s.

Yeah timing belt interference is the only downsides, but I already had the belt changed not too long ago so I'm not too worried. The Corolla starter is under the intake manifold too but If I remove a tire and use a really really long ratchet extension I can get it out without messing with anything else. The nice thing about the 1.8 7A-FE in the Corolla is that it's non interference so I don't even need to think about the belt. If it pops then no big deal.

It apparently had a blown head gasket when I bought it. There was coolant in the oil pan.

It's also 27 years old and I plan to clean the everloving fuck out of it

once I get it running it'll get a nice italian tuneup :)

got any plans for it? I have the same gen :)

that paint looks nice

nice. those are some BEEFY tires m8

what car are they going on

Pay someone $70 to mill the block, also it probably needs a rebore if there is serious warping.

This is a good time to get some new lightweight pistons/conrods or used lightweight pistons/conrods with the same specs as your old ones. It will rev freer and you'll gain a few extra CC's with the rebore and increased size pistons.

Check that the crank is within spec, get new main bearings/conrod bearings, etc etc.

Get yourself a digital torque wrench and spec sheet for your engine.

t. someone that rebuilt his M20 engine 12 months ago

or sand it off and don't rely on a slow inefficient process

>Tfw shingu will always be here in Honda gen to cuddle you when you're tired and lonely and depressed..

Kek

It's a KA24 so it's gonna get cheaply rebuilt then swapped.

I appreciate the advice about the block though, I'll definitely be taking at least the head in to get resurfaced. I'm trying not to spend too much getting this engine running.

I was thinking of swapping a ford 302 or an LS into it.

That's flattering m8. Unless I die I'm not going anywhere. It's too comfy here. kek

>Tfw you're watching Geordie Shore while making Veeky Forums stickers and you're not even British while trying to decide between a 7th gen celica/5th gen prelude/RSX and looking for Shingus everlasting love...

That's pretty dank. Wish I lined the cars up better. I just wanted my hatch to have some company while it's down with a bad battery.

Which would you pick?

*7th gen celica
*5th gen prelude
*RSX

That's honestly a tough choice.

>had a crush on 7th Celica when I was a kid, my top choice in NFSU
>5th Prelude is the most old school, probably the easiest to work on with the 90's drivetrain
>RSX probably the fastest (if S), K series is the best of modern Honda and has the most tuning potential

I'd probably just pick whatever I could find first in the best shape.

I've got my eye on a CRX, but they go for 2000 at least, and the del sol version is at least 30% cheaper

The Del Sol is far from a CRX but it's not that bad really. It's basically a heavier roadster EG Civic with a removable top.

it looks gay though :/

I think they look much better with an EG front end. The interior is pretty nice, too. Aged way better than the EG and the seats are super comfy.

I liked the body styling of the 5th gen prelude the most
But it's hard to find one that doesn't have Honda rust on it same with the RSX
The Celica is supposedly great in fuel but is slower than the other 2 so Idk

Most of them go for around $3k cad or less for decent ones so it's really just up to what I like, and I'm essentially looking for a fun DD that's not too bad on gas

I'd just find all the examples around your area then just check them all out.

is it normal to have wheel bearings go bad after just a couple years

will boring a b18 to 2L like the B20 going to net me the same results with the same torque in 4500 rpm?

I just want to get more torque to DD my teggy.
I've been told a supercharger may also be a good idea.

I own a 5th gen

I'd lean towards that or the rsx

No

He wheel bearings on my cars have lasted 30 years at the oldest and 20 at the youngest

Hey /hg/
I'm about to buy my first car without any help from others, I'm a real amateur to cars in general and know little to nothing about them in general.
If you're willing to educate this user I think I would like to look into the Honda/Acura Integra line. I like the look of them but I don't know how the perform or which year to go with.
My budget is $7,500 AUD rupees but willing to compromise if it seems warranted.
If there's any guides,references,comparisons etc I'm more than willing to do the research on my own if I'm steered in the right direction.

As long as you're getting a Type R or S but I don't think you can get one for 7500$ down in Ausland.

>As long as you're getting aType R or S
What do you mean by that?

Nice

I'm on the lookout for a nice 5th gen prelude. These are headed for being a future classic IMO now that people have started to recognize that you can enjoy them for what they are.

Found a mint red one with 80k miles for $7k but it was automatic,