Why should I not get this as a first car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8Uh7rCQQdo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzrdWZaaYDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You'll probably be in at least 1 accident in the first 5 years you start driving.... I wouldn't want to have a collision in a shit box like that . RIP

I have one. The manual version will run forever. My dad has a 2001 with 400k on he original engine and it's only had the clutch replaced once. They do have some random issues though. First, the AC will break. It happens to all of them and a new compressor is 1000 bucks. And it's hard to find the leak. But its a convertible, so who cares? Two, the alternator may also go out. It's only a 200 dollar part, but not a fun thing to fix because it takes a lot of time to and frustration to swap out. But, I love my Miata and it runs awesome. The manual is way more fun than the automatic btw.

It's really annoying for long trips because it sits at 4000rpm at 80mph
Also you'll have to contend with the constant
>LE EPIK GAY MAYMAY

5 speed manual makes it shit for high way riding. You'll be cramped inside if you are bigger than 6'' tall. It looks gay.

>>LE EPIK GAY MAYMAY
why does that exist?
my brother keeps shitting on me for liking Miatas
are they bad cars?

It looks soft and gay, it's the preferred vehicle by women and homosexuals. If you have to ask, it is very likely that you like throat fucking cocks.

Do you?

youtube.com/watch?v=S8Uh7rCQQdo

no and why do you use 2x line breaks

Reddit fag

Hilarious and original I'm really kekkin at that one Cletus
It's honestly a great car, perfect for people who are new to driving fast because it has the handling of a much more expensive car but doesn't have enough horsepower to kill yourself with. That's why Jeremy Clarkson said they're the perfect starting sports car. And that's why I have mine.

Because its a small cute-looking convertible and most people don't know anything about them beyond that. Take them out for a 8/10ths run on the twisties and they'll change their tune.

Are you gay?

you mean the one where absolutely nobody IRL has the balls to actually call you gay as you pass down the street? Yeah. Great meme. Only exists on Veeky Forums.
it's a dumb internet meme perpetuated by jealous busriders. you will pull more chicks with a Miata than almost any other sports car.
Except women and homesexuals almost exclusively drive SUVs now. It's no longer 1999. Miatas are not soft-riding at all. Confirmed for having never even gone outside long enough to make sure the bullshit coming out of your keyboard has any relation to reality. You just sound incredibly jealous.
Like it's okay to just not like Miatas for aesthetic reasons, but EVERY CAR IN THE '90S LOOKED LIKE A JELLY BEAN. By your standards, C5 Corvettes are gay, as is the FD RX7.

No they wont. It was a woman's car when it was introduced, It handles like shit and drives like shit. It's a great upgrade for those kids who have moved on from thrashing their corolla but nothing more.

Legacy never changes. Once gay, always gay.

>Get a Miata for $3000
>Lifted suspension, wheels, and fender flares for $2000

Someone talk me out of making a Baja Miata

>Shit 100bhp engine with no torque

>rally miata
>only goes 4wding
what did he mean by this

in all serious gingium is a decent car youtuber

You don't actually know anything about cars, do you?

I sold mine because there was so little interior room my girlfriend would basically have to put her purse in the trunk, and on the highway you're a tin can making so much noise you have to shout to the passenger. Convertibles are nice on sunny warm days, but if it's raining, snowing, or too hot out you have to put the top up and then the car is like riding around in a gym bag.

Those are a negatives. The positives are how perfect the driving experience is. I'm so glad I owned one and I'd buy another if I could afford three cars.

>Also you'll have to contend with the constant
>>LE EPIK GAY MAYMAY

I've encountered this in exactly two places in my life. One is Veeky Forums, the other is groups of guys who exclusively buy lifted F250s and Challenger Hellcats. In the real world everyone loves it.

i just got one as my 2nd car, it's a lot of fun. I think you should get it as a first car so you can learn stick, it's tougher after being used to automatic imo.

>and a new compressor is 1000 bucks

I replaced mine for $200 myself, it's a lot easier than you'd think. It isn't OEMMMMMM but still it works just as well

Why should I not get a Volvo 240 as my first car?

>tfw gay

>tfw new job gives me disosable income

>mfw im seriously thinking of dropping 5 grand on a miata when im fucking 6 foot 3

>6 foot 3

You won't fit, but I guess you gay folk are into that sort of shit anyway.

I have one and have crashed one. I like it a lot and I'm not dead. Don't buy an auto if you buy a Miata. They don't crash well at all... try not to crash lol

It doesn't look soft and gay though.

It looks like a modern version of iconic sports cars such as the Lotus Elan, Austin Healey and Honda s600, MG MGB just to name a few.

I kinda blame American media for making out that tough guys drive big v8s or whatever for this but I don't get how

european two door performance roadster = gay

But that's how some people see it.

Most gay hairdressers wouldn't be seen dead in a car as old as an early 90's miata.

They liked them when they were new but most of the formally owned by gay people miatas are now owned by enthusiasts.

>It handles like shit and drives like shit.
Am I being trolled?

Because a single season of an anime ruined the market for it forever.

I think many of them got saved from ending up as scrap because of the anime.

I also think poor people like to complain because they can't afford it.

Do it.
I did and it's fantastic.
Also: it has 2 seats, this means you can't move people and/or stuff. Therefore friends without a car won't be likely to ask you to borrow it. But you can never roll with your friends in your car.
keep in mind that driving highway is really annoying in this car. If you're Dutch (pic related), fuel price is high enough that you'll want to drive at around 100 km/hr to avoid noise, and excessive fuel consumption. 90 km/hr is 3000 rpm. 120 km/hr is 4000 rpm.
When buying look for the common rust spots. Hardtop is 500 euro (second hand) so look for cars that come with them.

>its hard to fix an alternator on a longitudslly mounted engine
Uuuhhhhhh

Where did you find a compressor for 200? I need a new one right now! Mine isnt holding a charge for more than a few days and Im pretty sure it's leaking directly from the compressor.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzrdWZaaYDk

Try reaching down in this tiny ass engine space with no lift and getting to those bolts underneath and tell me how fun it was. I double dog dare you bitch

>It was a woman's car when it was introduced,
It was literally a recreation of the original British FR roadsters, aimed at middle-aged men. You're thinking of the MGF.

> It handles like shit and drives like shit.
Confirmed for never having driven one.

>By your standards, C5 Corvettes are gay, as is the FD RX7.
Those are pretty gay though.

>my girlfriend would basically have to put her purse in the trunk
Tell ehr to put it under her legs, this isn't rocket science.

>Most gay hairdressers wouldn't be seen dead in a car as old as an early 90's miata.
As someone with a lot of gay hairdresser friends, can cofirm. They've moved on to crew cab/short bed pickups and Euro SUV's.

it's perfect

I did.
>5 years having driving licence
>buying first car
>miata because reasons
>done 30k km since then
>that included 5000+ km trips around Europe
>no maintenance needed
no regrets

also friendy reminder that ~70% of Veeky Forums doesn't own a driving licence, let alone an actual car

>~70% of Veeky Forums doesn't own a driving licence
pic related

it looks obnoxious

how's the insides with the top on?
does it feel claustrophobic?

What cunt?

V4

Kek. I remember landing in Munich and driving to Salzburg. Mfw seeing a riced out but clean NA cruising through beside me.

What's the general opinion of Miatas in eastern yuro? Does it differ from the rest?

Same as America, they look homo.

If you come to this board to shitpost at least do a better job hiding the fact you're from reddit. Have three (You)s and fuck off.

Miata owner here

If you have shit to carry, its manageable but not the best. But its not a bad car. Real fun to drive in, easy to fix, convertible is great if you live somewhere with hot summers etc. Great car for if you wanna get more into cars

Fellow Dutchfag here, I too am considering getting a Miata once I can somewhere in the coming years.
What's it like for Dutch owners?
Is insurance expensive?
Gas prices are high as you said but I know that.
Are parts easy to come by?
From what I've seen there's also many good Miatas available second hand (even with 1.8), is it really as cheap as it seems or are the ~3K ones all shit with hidden flaws?

This

Was changing alternator belt, alternator itself is super easy to reach if youre not a total bitch

- kids (and gypsies) think it's a ferrari
- adults and elders don't care
- car people either like it or don't care
- gay memes are just internet memes and they stay in neckbeard mom's basement where they started so I've never heard any of that IRL.

Are Miatas good cars to learn how2car?
Ideally I'd want to buy one then slowly swap out some parts myself with information I can find online.
Obviously all maintenance I'd try myself too.

duh

So the people itt with Miatas, which engine do you have in yours and are you happy with it?

They're cheap as fuck, pretty reliable and you can drop the top.

Good first car imo.

Excuse me, you only gave me two (you)s. This user is not me Could you please give me the third one you promised? Thank you.

insurance:
i pay around 30E/month. road tax is about the same. make sure you preserve your no-claim.
parts:
easy to come by if you're not in a hurry. there's always somebody who has a parts-miata. just be nice and friendly in the facebook groups and you'll find the parts you need.
I bought a 2300E 91'-er. every year 3/400 euro in repairs. No getting around that.
Around 1200 euro annually. Plus 0.12 Euro per km for fuel.
As you can see, most of the costs come after you bought the car. remember that.

Neat, thanks for the answers.
Do you have a 1.6 or 1.8?

Why do you have a lot, of gay hairdresser friends?

>that early apex
hope he likes the taste of guardrail