Why don't millennials want to drive?

Why don't millennials want to drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Date_and_age_range_defining
warosu.org/g/thread/S61781452
youtube.com/watch?v=N22VNI7oPMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Uhmmm because it's dangerous, loud it hurts the environment?
Honestly duuude, id way rather use uber so I can text my friends and post insta pics while getting chauffeured instead of wasting time doing it myself...
Also.. a car ain't cheap, yo! I somehow gotta afford my avocado toast haha
-sent from my iPhone from Starbucks wifi

Because op is a faggot.

/thread

remember when soe didn't look like shit?

Because driving is mainly a manly thing, and most millennials have so little testosterone, they might as well be human garbage

Aren't "millennials" people between 25 and 35 years old or some shit?

I'd say the vast majority I know drive.

It's pretty much anyone 18 to 40 now. It's such a retarded fucking term honestly

You are probably a millennial, starts in 81 up until whatever the next generation.

Either way, less demand, more supply. Fuck em.

Because they live in urban environments with increasingly efficient public transportation.
It's literally not any deeper than that.

>starts in 81 up
no.
millennials are people born around the millennium.
they are currently 21 and under.

inb4 u link some autistic definition.

Correct. "Millennial" is the new media term for everyone that isnt a Boomer (the largest 24 hour media consumers).

Gen X, Y, Millennial, and Z are extremely different.

That's literally not correct though

>literally
there is no literal definition its a completely subjective term with zero official definition.

the reality is that when people say millennial on Veeky Forums. they mean people currently in their early 20s and lower. it's called colloquial language.

I am 21, but I consider myself part of generation Zyklon.

>mfw poorfag engineering student
>spend ~40€/month on food
>spend much more on car and moped

18 here, I´d rather pilot the helicopter than getting a free ride...

Where the fuck do you live? Eastern Europe?
I spend 300 euros in food a month and 300 for my car

Aren`t most on this god forsaken site in their 20s?

> generation Zyklon.

Wishful thinking. I have even yet to see a child even support to Trump.

Netherlands on the german border.
I eat mostly rice, noodles and rolled oats.

>Demographers William Straus and Neil Howe define Millennials as born between 1982–2004.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Date_and_age_range_defining

>Wishful thinking. I have even yet to see a child even support to Trump.

I saw three. Checkmate, atheists

They're bus riders

warosu.org/g/thread/S61781452

The article mentions verry different timeframes, cutoff is between 1994 and 2004 depending on the source.

Because our generation is poor

Because they/we cant afford a car, have been driven in the most boring shitboxes possible as kids and were told for decades that cars are bad for the environment.

jews

Because it involves being responsible.

This is false
A first can cost 2000 euros and be perfectly fine, low on gas and insurance too
Millennials spend 1000 euros every two years on new iPhones and are financially retarded and consume addicted
In short, they're a generation completely raised wrong

>Wishful thinking. I have even yet to see a child even support to Trump.
Schools are trying so hard to indoctrinate children that it's just going to lead to push back

>tfw my niece was complaining to me that they don't teach her anything
>no math or geography, only politically correct "language skills" and "social Studies" and "science"
>unpopular opinions are considered harmful and discouraged
I was so mad and decided to teach her stuff myself, you know important life skills like which way is north and how to multiply and divide, not that there are an infinite amount of genders

They don't spend that up front, they get it subsidized and locked into a contract. Meanwhile you can't finance a $2k car and it's seen as dangerous and unreliable

Keep in mind our generation is going to be the first one in a long time that's poorer and will have shorter life spans than our parents

youtube.com/watch?v=N22VNI7oPMI

this

She'd be perfect if she had braces

I really don't know. I understand the ones who live in cities where you have subway systems, but I live in the burbs and, having worked as a restaurant manager, I've worked with a lot of teenagers. None of them had their licenses.

I really don't get it. I went to go get my permit on my birthday, like literally as soon as I possibly could. My license is suspended right now (6 month mandatory waiting period after a seizure) and I'm counting down the days until I get my license back. 38 days. It's killing me.

I really, truly don't understand how these kids don't want the independence of being able to drive yourself places. Uber/Lyft are nice, that's what I've had to use to get around, but it's still shit compared to driving yourself.

Plus it's emasculating when you leave your job at the end of the day to have to wait for your mom to pick you up. I don't get it.

Mommy and daddy are taxi services and trust funds

Because insurance cost me 2.5k a year for the first three years and these days you get a box installed that raises your payments if you brake too fast.
I live in London, public transport is way more practical and in most cases a lot cheaper.

>not just driving uninsured and avoiding accidents
No skill.

So how about these kids buy a huawei instead of an iPhone, save monthly what they would have spent on their iPhone and then buy a car in 2 years
These people are overeducated but still very very stupid

Plus they will work longer, make less money and pay more

> these days you get a box installed that raises your payments if you brake too fast.

What?

jej

Because they're idiots and need the instant gratification and approval from their leers. I think it's abhorrent behaviour but what are you going to do?

>Why don't you buy an iPhone user? Everyone has one!
>because I'm too busy getting a mortgage approved for my home. Enjoy working at Starbucks barely paying off rent and those student loans

>tfw poorfag who can't afford a cell phone
>that feel when die inside when everyone assumes I have one

You can get a smartphone for under $100 on Amazon. How poor are you?

oi bruv you don't have a braking license that's gonna cost you money to the ministry of transportation

You can always finance. People here like to pretend anyone that finances a car is a dumbass poorfag but that's simply not true. I make close to 100k a year and I still finance all my cars.

Financing is dumb when people who don't know how to manage their money end up with 24% APR

some insurance companies allow you to install an information box in your vehicle that allows them to see driving habits and reward 'safe' driving with lower premiums. but it always works out that braking a bit too hard constitutes as 'unsafe' driving which raises your insurance premiums

>$100
Only something with a shitty snapdragon 410 or chink soc. Also I'd rather spend that 100 on tools or something else that's higher priority desu.

Such is life as a poor college student.

because they don't need too

How is that even possible? I doubt anyone is that dumb. Even at 22 by myself with a crappy job I was able to get 7.8%, which at the time only added a couple hundred to the car.

because from where i'm from, they rather ride a bike

I'd say a lot of it has to do with how shit our roads are in most of the US. They're not fun to drive on and they're congested all the time. People just want to get to their destination and pass the time with their phone because the roads [and cars] don't offer any stimulation.

If you don't NEED a car they are a money pit.

I'm a mechanic who loves vehicles but my use case isn't everyone else's use case. Also with the advent of the internet there's less reason to travel because nothing is new. (I do travel, nothing is new.)

Be glad they aren't contribooting to traffic. There are already too many cars.

Well that's one of the millions of reasons why you don't live in a big city or near one.

This too. Congestion makes travel suck. I enjoy my motorcycles but not on the interstate.

Driving isn't fun.

Depends on the person, some like to drive etc..

I find that most young people are more interested in life in general and don't focus on cars or "legacy hobbies"

>18 here, I´d rather pilot the helicopter than getting a free ride...

My man, keep being awesome.

Get a used Nexus 5 with a new battery

By thinking credit cards are free money and only paying back the minimum

Yeah they know how to drive but they don't want to.

>I find that most young people are more interested in life in general
They're more interested in blogging about their life for that instant gratification from those likes

Only know of a couple people my.age (25) that are into cars, one of them races a little, but everyone else just buys whatever is new and cheap like civics and kias.

This. I can't wait for boomers to be put in homes and reduce the amount of traffic

24%!? Jesus fucking Christ, no wonder people always balk at financing. I got 4% when I was looking into financing my bike, and I paid it off entirely with no penalty half way through the term so the interest was basically nothing.

>civics
Half of Veeky Forums drives 90s civics...

Muh double wishbone

Honestly 8th gens would be the new 90s Civic, but the R series are so fucking trash

Since every car except for the ND miata got pigfat, the new Fit si would be the next "90s civic"

Camaro lost 200 lbs

And it is still pigfat compared to a 90s civic and most likely heavier than the original camaro...

A blacktop swapped Aygo with a decent suspension upgrade would be close to a 90s civic...

>It's pigfat compared to a literal tin can
wow

Beeing light and having good handling while beeing practical was the entire point of the civic.

The Civic was also never designed to handle 650bhp while being a comfortable daily driver

>650bhp
>in a 1030kg civic
That power to weight ratio would be insane...

Short hair is god tier get outta here /d2g/

What if they didn't need a car to prove their manhood, like you apparently do?

Depending on where you live insurance cost is a huge factor.

I have 6 years of clean driving, not a single ticket, and still pay 3k a year. That is half a years rent for some people.

Been to London. I can agree with you. It was easy to go around in the tubes.

>shitty Tracer haircut
>tattoo'd to shit
>GERMANY YES views
she's a trash human

Because they're forced to by society, and millennials don't like to be forced to do things.

They only want to drive when it's completely optional. If it is, they're crazy about it and want an old japanese sportscar/sportbike because it's what nobody around them wants them to have

>dad i want a car
>no son, you don't need one, you can walk to school
>dad i want a car
>how about a nice mustang, or this nissan altima
>fuck you dad i just bought an AW11
>son why? the bus goes right past our house and is so much cheaper. i'd pay for your bus pass, it wouldn't even come out of your allowance.
>MID ENGINE REAR WHEEL DRIVE IS THE BEST LAYOUT DAD YOU WANT ME TO MOW THE LAWN AGAIN YOU'LL HAVE TO MAKE ME ON THE TOUGE FGT

Because they've realized that mass automotive transit shackles socities into absolutely HORRID urban planning.

Do these people ever grow out of that. I fear for my future.

I'd still like to put it in her butt.

Who is this boy/girl again and why should I care?

Its the bright concrete and metal future you chose,

>yuropoor
>live very close to the city center
>parking space within city limits is almost non-existent
>driving through the city is prohibited, only buses can go through
>roads aren't all that well maintained in general
>driving around at night is a guaranteed way of getting pulled over

I kinda miss having a night-shift job because at least then I could drive to and from work in peace. Being stuck in dense traffic with a manual transmission is anything but fun.

>there are people out there who don't like mowing their lawn
I may not make it a religious experience like Hank Hill does, but goddamn, what's so bad about mowing the lawn? There's something so very cathartic about taking a machine that runs off of dead plants and dinosaurs and uses big metal blades to make more plants dead.

I eat avocado toast and I'm able to afford a car.
Also this whole avocado this is bullshit. Avocados become expensive because there was some shortage or something (yeah pathetic that it was newsworthy since a majority of the world doesent even have clean drinking water but were worried about avocados) so they became more expensive.

She's cute. Cute!!

Zoe is a lesbo butch now, why did God abandon us

I wish I could be paying 2.5k a year on insurance, I pay around $3600/year on my mustang, insurance payments are more than the car payments

That's not cathartic at all. Doing it completely mechanically is cathartic. It's good exercise and it's meditative. Unless they have a large property I fail to find respect for people who place their fat asses on a garden tractor.

>What if they didn't need a car to prove their manhood, like you apparently do?

Then humans wouldn't be humans. They cannot prove their manhood, because they've got none. They've been taught to fear manliness.

People born in 82 and 94 are much closer and share more cultural affinity than 94 and 2000.

Old fucks keep forgetting how fast technological change is fucking up people. A 94 kniws about floppy disk and cassette tape. A 2000 knows about dvd and flash drive. A 2008 knows about bluetooth headphones. A 2016 will never know about driving.

>mfw 1998
>mfw remember recording tape, vinyls, cassettes, CD, mp3 cd, HDD mp3 players, super 8, VHS, video CD and DVD

I feel old...

UNDERAGE B& GTF... oh.

And you use a web 1.0 site. How many of your classmates could claim as much knowledge?

>mfw my sister (1999) is 18 now
>mfw I'm 21 now
>mfw I hardly even feel like an adult

>he doesn't use a scythe

You do hay with a scythe, not your bloody lawn.