carcomplaints.com/news/2017/toyota-lexus-melting-dashboard-lawsuit.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IS F

Mustang GT.

Lexus for sure

Second hand STi.

Over a fucking ISF? Are you retarded?

Golf R

I might be, but it's still a better car than something that is 8 years old.

8 years is nothing for a Toyota.

Tell that to my mothers Yaris.

I will. Bring it here.

Well, it doesn't run.

as a toyota and lexus owner, do not fall for the reliability meme. they aren't some mythical indestructible stone wall of permanence, they're cars with regular problems.

Jump the battery then tell mommy to stop jamming to beach music while the engine is off.

Okay, I will tell her to jump the battery right after she replaces the 3rd timing chain for the last 10k km.

Sure. Nothing is infallible.
However also as a Toyota/Lexus owner, understand that the rate of failure for these cars is much lower than virtually everybody else.

As long as basic maintenance isn't neglected, a Toyota is the safest automotive bet one can make.

>3rd timing chain
A Yaris doesn't blow through timing chains like that. Tell mommy dearest to let a professional replace it next time, instead of your father-uncle.

It has been to 4 different "professionals" in the last month. It so happens the car is absolute piece of garbage.

Nah. Your mom sounds like garbage. A timing chain should easily last the life of the car... unless she's driving it in NASCAR races daily.

Either that or the work isn't being performed correctly. No other possibility.

adhering to basic maintenance schedules according to manufacturer specification will bring most cars to the same (lower) rate of mechanical failure. quality of ownership tends to vary among differing brands, and a more accurate explanation of toyota's low rate of incidence is that first/second owners of their vehicles tend to maintain them correctly and more rigorously than most other makes. i'm not saying anything to discredit toyota's manufacturing quality, don't get me wrong, but their engineers aren't wizards withholding some arcane knowledge from the rest of the automotive sphere.

The one with manual transmission

The IS-F obviously.

Only cucks opt for the new car.

Contrary to popular belief, driving the Lexus is far more enjoyable.

>Toyota owners care more about maintenance
If you just look around d the next time you drive at the actual people in Toyota cars you'll know that isn't true. People in general are idiots. Some 16yo girl getting a Corolla doesn't suddenly turn her into a maintenance queen.

It's the Toyota manufacturing processes, and the philosophy behind all managerial decisions within the company, focusing on long-term sustainability at all costs, rather than short-term profitability. When there's a quality issue discovered during engineering, or on the assembly line, you stop and fix it. You don't keep going and just decide to lower the asking price.

The Japanese simply value hard work more than any other group of people on the planet. It is why Japanese products in general have earned a reputation of quality.

THIS
but then you'd be saying the same for Subaru which isn't true, Subaru's have more problems than Toyotas on average, also we're talking about a powerful RWD, V8 sedan built by fucking Toyota

WRX

8 year old Lexus or brand new WRX hmmm

Right? So obviously the Lex.

So how come they fucked up on fixing those melting dashes?

carcomplaints.com/news/2017/toyota-lexus-melting-dashboard-lawsuit.shtml

>agreed to replace 3.5 million dashboards
>fucked up

Pick one.

>agreed to replace 3.5 million dashboards
>actually replacing 3.5 million dashboards
Pick one and only one.

Hmm.

I had my dashboard and all four door panels replaced at no cost and only had to wait a couple months for parts. Almost like having a brand new interior...

So what's the problem? :-)

You said they fucked up on fixing the dashboards. That implies that they're not fixing them, which is incorrect.

If you contact your local dealer and bring your car in, they will examine it and determine if you qualify for their "extended warranty" dash replacement. Really not that complicated...

Lol. You act as if the IS-F is just your typical Lexus.

It's WAY more of a special car than any WRX, regardless of age.

sounds like the problem exists between car and wrench

>2007 Lexus IS350 owner

As far as dat reliability goes, my only real problems so far have been dashboard defects and touchscreen failure. At this point, I'm not even bothering to replace the touchscreen because I use my phone for navigation. Just not worth that $2k fix.

if you dont get a fucking honda del sol your first born child will be cursed to be eaten by a coyote when you visit arizona on a thursday afternoon.

i've driven both, here's my opinion if it counts:

>isf is comfy as hell, sounds amazing, RWD, but centre column gives not much horizontal legroom (if youre a manspreader)

>wrx feels soulless (like all new cars), mid-tier comfort, but AWD and that awesome boxer burble

i'd say they're pretty even in terms of practicality, but the lexus has that novelty touch

WRX limited for sure

HOW IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION?
THE WRX IS A SOULESS SHITBOX
THE IS-F IS A SOUPED UP LUXURY CAR
YOU GO FOR THE IS-F

Get the Lexus.

Lexus hands fuckin' down. my wife can't kill the one i got her and she is one of the worst stereotypical "woman drivers" out there.

>awesome boxer burble

Isn't this absent on newer WRX's since they did away with the unequal headers or whatever?

Another thing no one is mentioning is the benefits of Lexus service. You get sweet loaner cars and they generally treat you like a boss.

At Subaru, the receptionist will be some 19-year-old pregnant chick with an attitude problem

not sure, unless they're doing that exhaust simulation shit

ELH doesn't completely remove the boxer rumble. There is a bit of it left, just due to the engine configuration. It's not nearly as apparent as when you have a UEL though. So people saying "dat boxer rumble" have probably never driven a Subaru themselves, or have never driven one with or without the UEL headers.

burble*

Are you autistic?

2011 + ISF is best isf

Just a tad bit, sir

The WRX will depreciate much quicker than the ISF even tho the isf is an 8 year old car... No point in getting it brand new when in two years it'll be around 20k

Was going to mention this as well They did a lot of revisions to the ISF for 2011 that made it better to drive.

>complete cosmetic issue
>cars completely out of warranty
>fixes it for free anyway

And assholes still try to find fault with Good Guy 'Yota.

You apparently know nothing of the WRXs resale value. Great job.

2009 M3 35k miles or 2017 GTI?

Get the ISF, I have one and it's amazing, you won't even want to sit in a vapebaru after driving it

You really think a common WRX depreciates less than a rare Lexus which originally retailed for like $70k? Get fucked m8

What year do you have? I'm curious how harsh the pre-2011 ride is.