/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Patch Notes (Latest 0.8.72)
playgwent.com/en/news#5030
wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Positioning_Update_Changelog_EN_38urjqsh3l.pdf

>Upcoming Gwent Challenger Tournament
playgwent.com/en/tournament

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/
gwentlemen.com/
gwent-tracker.com/

>Gwent Level & Rank Rewards Table
pastebin.com/f5cvmJzJ

>Gwent Closed Beta Rewards
i.imgur.com/DyAx99S.jpg

>Leaked Premiums & Campaign
streamable.com/album/nxzsn

>What Legendary card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Discord
discord.gg/QgTwkRw

>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OqNet72FPF8
>Gameplay Demo (E3)
youtube.com/watch?v=zabgNv6f2ZY
>Gameplay Demo (Gamescom)
youtube.com/watch?v=avlMgLy4H_w
>Nilfgaard arrives! Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6dEwsyGr-tQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MSJc1HyyWEw
youtu.be/4k4AoU21Trg
youtube.com/watch?v=g2AKB7g3hr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

still no announcements in sight edition

good job with the discord link you fucking degenerate

>soon

What's the best faction to get into as a beginner? What's easiest/cheapest?

Probably consume monster or wounding Skelige. You can make it to rank 10 with some 200 scraps gold/silver.

Consume monster requires a bunch of bronze cards, and you can make it work to a decent rank without most "necessary" legendaries. Just build your core, and get the legendaries over time from your free kegs.

Someone's gotta get all those gayposting animefags in one area, user.
True beginner as in you're just playing with starter cards, NR. The NR starter deck felt the strongest.

Semi-beginner as in you're getting a few kegs you've got more options. You can do cheap consume monster, cheap treb Foltest, and cheap meme spell squirrels all pretty easily. Doesn't matter all that much until you get access to rank, so I wouldn't craft any cards and just play with what you get from kegs until you get ranked, then look at what you got from kegs reaching that point and decide where to go from there to make a gud gittin ranked deck.

>they said "this week"
>Monday's not even over and people are already bitching

Alright lads and lassies.

My dad works at Gwent and he told me what's in the next patch.

-a new leader for every faction
-40 new cards to make up for the missed cards last month
-a new faction, Eternal Fire
-new avatars
-an entirely new UI and game board
-premiums for every card
-free campaign
-mobile support

Patch is live by tomorrow afternoon. See ya.

>Level 44
>Just found out there is a 2nd tab in tutorial and you can get 2 free kegs from it

Because i'ts three months since NG release and any new content. Positioning barely changed anything, the balance changes did more.

They are teasing Open Beta and the game is not even close to being good to release.

>it's not close to being good for release.
I agree maybe they should have an additional beta phase before actual release? Something like an open beta to test the game further? Nah, that would be silly. The game needs to be 100% finished first.

So they skipped one month of content so far. Boo hoo. Magic releases stuff in a 4 month cycle. Imaging having to sit that one out.

Patience is not a virtue I am known to have

the stench of basement from your posts is nauseating

I've seen this argument multiple times actually. In my experience these are the same people who get angry when facing [meta deck] and will then complain about [meta deck] and the people who play it.

He is right though. I refuse to send GG to all faggot netdeck shitters that play either the consume monster deck or the ST dorf deck. Why in hell should I in any way advantage cancerous shitters that ruin the game for everyone?

But I don't complain about meta decks. You are free to play them if you want. Just don't expect my GG when you choose take the easiest way to victory.

Why can't I hold all these fedoras?

The fedora belongs to the faggot that copypastes a deck out of a website and complains when other players refuse to "acknowledge his mastery of the game" by sending a GG.

>people complaining about net decking in a online cardgame
get a load of these retards

So you're tellingnme you're salty for losing against netdecks yet the guy who is angry for not getting a GG from said salty players is the manchild?

you should see a psychiatrist or a priest, whatever you feel more comfortable with

>when the enemy throws a 1 priestess down that instantly dies to a bear.

So by denying GG you achieve two things:

>you look like a whiny bitch
>you denied your opponent a negligible bonus which he doesn't care about anyway

Tell me who's the winner in this scenario.

me

I once ranked up just because my opponent did this and forfeited straight after.

This is truly the dumbest misplay there is.

>waaaaah why can't my homebrew Foltest weather deck compete against a carefully optimized and playtested deck
>you guys are so mean!

This is you.

>I copypasted a deck from gwentdb and followed every step of the guide that tells me how to play it at every turn. I'm a good player and I'm entitled to a GG for every game.
This is you.

the decks of this game build themselves tho you dont even need to netdeck

you know that seeking entitlement in a game isn't healthy, do you?

I'm not salty at all. You fail to see my point here. It's obvious that every card game will have a meta featuring various decks, and some of those decks will work better than others, until they are nerfed or someone with a brain will figures out a way to break the meta.
The point is that sending GG is not mandatory. It's an option left to the discretion of the player. If the player thinks that you are a shitter, because among a plethora of possible decks that work you picked an exact copy of the top one at "insert netdeck site here", he is absolutely right in choosing not to send a GG. And you have absolutely no right to complain about it.

Sorry, I'm not complaining about shitters choosing to be shitters. You are the one who thinks he is entitled to a GG after every game.

I'll spell it out for you: you think sending a gg after spending fifteen minutes playing with another person requires special consideration

I'll not be adding anything else about this

Nope. I don't. And there's no reason to complain when you don't get one either, am I right?

Just got 800 scrap which neut should I get?
Whenever you guys are done with the autism argument that is.

yen
and then go for a solid NR deck for rank 15

Regis
Or yennefer if you like henselt/swarm decks

what's the best way to deal with heavy weather (usually monster) decks for a SK self-wounding deck? 2 First Lights? Is Tordarroch Armorsmith a viable option?

>Actually comparing Magic to Gwent in CB

top kek

armorsmith is viable

any advice on what I should change?
got almost 800 scraps at my disposal.
not sure if the Axemen are pulling their weight, might replace them with another Berserker and Archer

probably Yennefer for Geralt, especially if you want to rely on the Berserker

What do you guys think about this card idea? pls no bully
Azar Javed - Gold STR(5), Siege - Spawn an ifrit
Ifrit - Silver STR(4), Agile - copy the effect of a loyal non-relentless non-gold unit on the opposing side. Basically it allows you to use your very own Dandelion, field medic, cynthia, combat engineer etc.
or is it too op?

dont listen to you need SILVERS like kob, roach

king of beggars is actually very good, roach not really worth yennefer on this case

the normal yen or the conjurer yen?

normal, 800 scraps. but user was right, get KOB first.

Axemen are viable only in a HtC deck with Yencon, Blueboy Lugos and similar cards that damage enemy units. For a self wounding deck you better drop them for another rally + zerker.
You should also get KoB as soon as possible and replace one of the archers with it (you already have bears).
And use Ciri instead of geralt, even if you don't have Roach. The possibility to keep or avoid losing card advantage it gives is worth it.

why is King of Beggars so great?
Because he brings his body and pulls a Priestess out of my deck?
Why not Roach first?

he has only 2/6 silver but already 4/4 golds
the powerlevel of his deck would raise more through those 4 silvers

you have 3 priestesses and you need all of them, after that it's either a bear or an axeman
that's also true, but then Gremist/Myrgtrabakke would take precedence on Roach.
if he's tight on silvers/scraps Roach is still worth it and can also be used elsewhere.

Because after playing it round 1 or 2 you can revive him using Sigdrifa and he will revive a priestess, which will revive another card. You get 4 cards by playing 1. In round 3, that's a lot of strength thanks to the passive and Sigdrifa special ability.

desu i shouldnt have said roach
roach is good but there are better ones he should get first
roach is kinda the last card you want to add to your deck since it doesnt have that much impact (except in NG)

Roach is solid, but since he asked for a specific deck I was focusing on specific cards.

That's interesting, maybe with a self-destrcut countdown on Ifrit.

i already got Gremist, hes in the deck
I'm getting KOB next

lol thank you, didnt notice that either

jesus i didnt know

this is probably the worst community management i ever saw.
or they are at least at the same level as united

No way that's real. Did you photoshop this? These fucking Polaks are retarded.

I'm pretty sure that dude isn't even a PR person. He's a dev fucking with the community. Goddamn

It's legit.

I dont even care about the OB date really, but that was fucking disgusting.
I hate this subreddit's mentality, yes, CDPR is a good company but slurping their cum even after shit like this happens is fucking retarded

Yeah looks like something that would happen on reddit. I don't know doesn't bug me too much guy probably doesn't realise how big of a dick he is being.

>136 upboats
kek

I actually enjoy quality trolling so I'm fine with this.

Okay I'm late for this but your card idea is SUPER cool. You might need to lower the strength of both cards but it would be both fun, balanced (due to the copied effect being tied to the silver card, not the gold card) and useful while deckbuilding.

>there are people being so desperate for content that a cheeky comment by a dev triggers them

HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks. I actually thought that the ifrit's strength should be 3 so you could easily use lacerate on it, but then i realised that the card would be too similar to Baron/Lubberkin and buffed his strenght to 4 instead.
Also the card wouldn't be as op as I thought since there arent that many good targets in monster/nilfgaard matchups
I had án another card idea but I dont think that it would be as good so I didnt share it (unless anybody wants to hear it).

This t.b.h.
Chill guys, we'll know something by the end of the week

fuck off to reddit you fucking drones

>Attack of the Entitled Pissbaby

CDPR can literally do no wrong, retard. kys

how has that anything to do with being entitled you inbred
they broke their promises
then they bait post and troll the community
how is that behavior acceptable you imbecile

good that you're admitting that you're a drone

fucking degenerates

>The Entitled Pissbaby Strikes Again

i hate your shitty baits

bb-b-but they gave you the witcheroo 3, the greatest game ever made, can't you give them a pass? They are probably working their asses off to give us the best product possible. You should forgive them for their small mistakes and suck on their cock like a good little redditor

>At Least I'm not an Entitled Pissbaby

ded

Post Johnny decks.

Wow just felt like a 200 IQ player right now.

Using Lacerate on my own cards to play around Villentretenmerth.

I had 2 cards on ranged row (11 and 8 strength). My opponent had 2 cards with 7 strength + Villentretenmerth.

I was ahead in the game but I would lose 19 strength in total if I lost both, So I used lacerate on my 2 cards to turn them into 8 and 5 strength.

My 8 strength and both of his 7 strength cards dies. 14-14 trade.

No one is going to read this shit but this dying thread needs a bump.

That's pretty sweet man

Nah more like 70 if you think it is some kind of a feat. That's the first thing every single person would try to figure out when seeing a Borkh dropped on the board. It's not exactly hard to do simple math with a few cards left on your hand because nobody fucking drop a Borkh early.

youtu.be/MSJc1HyyWEw

Anybody here can translate Dwarven speech?

presentation they were giving cleared up most of his issues with the game

he does not enjoy laddering gwent

he believes card game tournaments should pay per game won due to the inherent card draw rng, so if its a bo3 and that round is worth 3k you get 1k even if you lost 1-2 but take it all if you win 2-0

he barely prepared and received help from a guy a few days before the tournament, he is giving the guy 20% of his winnings

incredibly sensible of him, shit on me I don't care

you might want to check this out
youtu.be/4k4AoU21Trg

m'lady

should i take the bork or the baron?

for the purposes of grinding from 12 to 15

if u are NR only player I recommend baron. If you are NR only player with henselt leader I recomment bork. If not NR player just take bork because its a neutral.

thanks. i looked away and picked baron. was a really tough call because henselt is such a piece of shit right now.

i mean i can still climb just as good with a raddy deck, right? right? ...fuck.

Are the login rewards/Dailies generous in this game?

Thinking of switching from Shadowverse, but not sure if gwent is polished enough

no login rewards, dailies are very generous though.
2.5 packs a day. you pick your rare out of 3, so you can target a specific deck manifold easier

i wouldn't call the game polished. fun as fuck, but the UI causes headaches, especially the clusterfuck that is the split deck collection submenu obnoxious loading screen bullshit fuck I hate that SO bad

You can farm in keg in 3 wins or in 6 rounds won automatically.

described:

Every 2 round wins (1rst tier and 2nd) or 4 round (3rd tier) or 24 rounds (final daily tier) you get either 15 ore (keg currency) or 15 scraps (craft card currency)

A keg is 100 ore, you get 100 ore for completing tier 1 as I said above (6 round wins or 3 match wins) 75 for tier 2 (12 round win) and 50 for tiers 3 (4 rounds per stage, 24 to complete tier) and 4 (24 rounds win)

Common cards are 30 scrap, 80 for rare, 200 for epic, 800 for legendary, 1600 for premium (animated versions)

I forgot to add: for each stage of the reward tier you get a reward also, this is commonly 15 scrap or 15 ore as I said above but can also be an actual card from any quality tier.

its getting harder with each day desu

If you didn't already join the beta, then you'll have to wait for open beta to try it. The good news is your beginner player experience will be a lot better than the closed beta one.

youtube.com/watch?v=g2AKB7g3hr0