Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12970130
personacentral.com/rumor-atlus-job-listing-sequel-to-4-ps4/
ggez.space/ailments/
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236879325&postcount=82
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lawfags stay out of this thread.

>tfw it's been a week since I played DeSu because this guy is tearing my asshole.
I'm not very good at SRPGs

Digital Devil Saga has started picking up, I feel like I've actually made mistakes at this point because I haven't got dekunda/dekaja yet

Best megaten girl.

Should I buy Disgaea 5 on Switch?
They are kinda like Megaten, right?

Get a demon with Double up and a healer.

Don't even prioritize beating every demon and cracking all skills, just have everyone form a barrier around MC and beat this guy up ASAP.

dude can only draw the same 5 characters but worse each time

If you like really grindy srpg's where everyone and everything can be leveled up 99+ times, 12 year old toilet humor, and making wombo combos then yes.

quick everyone,where's Komagome in SMT4?

>How so? In an autistic SJ sense where your entire team has to be your alignment? In that case, fuck no.
I know I'm late but I feel the need to call you out for being retarded.
It doesn't make sense for people with entirely different ideologies to fight together.

I'd rather have her than Asahi

Cute

predict the demons that will appear in SMT HD:

I frigging want Fafnir's SMT:IMAGINE model in HD

considering nuodin is in I hope the powers come back

Man I hope mainline starts having racial skills it's nice and helps make races feel more important

Get out sjw

>The company continues to reach the heart of core fans and continues to develop one-of-a-kind games in the industry, with “empathy” and “originality” as its policy. The company’s biggest hit, with strong brand power, has had numbered releases up to 4, and its sequel will also be released for the PS4.

Hahahaha, more shitsona for PS4, Sony BTFO.

I mean it's a nice outfit

I know his anatomy isn't that great but I really like his designs.

EFF OFF
#VILELIVESMATTER

strawpoll.me/12970130

assume neutral isn't an option

Nice outfit?
nigga is wearing a ONESIE, I couldn't take his edgy ass seriously all game because of it

also I will never let this go

>meanwhile smt get stuck on handheld and pseudo-handheld

I feel like I was robbed of a possibly? likable character just because of midoris awful voice acting
holy shit

you say that like it's a bad thing

I meant Mirei/Tico outfit

Arata is weird, he looks like a gas station attendant who doesn't know how to use a zipper

personacentral.com/rumor-atlus-job-listing-sequel-to-4-ps4/

What?

Arata aside, I actually liked the designs of Cyber Slueth because between those and the general feel of the writing the game felt almost like a Devil Survivor 3 imo

Another P4 sequel, boohoo.

Mainline has been stuck on nintendo systems since the beginning; Nocturne is the only anomaly.
Persona has been stuck on Sony consoles since the beginning with Q being the only one to jump hardware.

Why are we fighting?

sounds like they copy pasted an old hiring job post thing from back when P5 hadn't happen.

Yeah, Cyber Sleuth was surprisingly good overall. Too bad most designs for the actual digimon are pretty bad and the battle system is weird and kind of boring.

Also the requirements for some digivolutions are retarded, like fuck trying to make Lilithmon. It's easier and less time consuming to try and breed perfect pokemon.

I really want a new design for Cu Chulainn. Something about him and Tam Lin just being recolors of each other really activates my almonds.

Why wasn't IV released on Wii U anyway? Its 3rd party library could certainly get as much help as it could

Can't wait for HD model.

Neutral

>Also the requirements for some digivolutions are retarded, like fuck trying to make Lilithmon. It's easier and less time consuming to try and breed perfect pokemon.
shit nigga you never played the Digimon world DS games did you?
Cyber Slueth was like fucking heaven compared to that shit, I cant even put into words how bad digivolution requirements were there. and those were hands down the best digimon games to date untill this
that said digimon games can never seem to get everything right since they seem to throw the baby out with the bathwater every game

B-but I must validate the console that mommy bought me for Christmas

I want Maitreya back, honestly. Such a good design, but he did virtually nothing in Apocalypse.

If they used anything it would be Doi's redesign, but that's still not likely when we know Gabriel is back to Kaneko and they have a Lucifer model from P5.

I really liked a lot of the new designs for IV A, puts me at ease knowing the art can be fine without kaneko

It makes me wonder why they didn't just use Doi in IV instead of bringing in all those guests.

SMT HD might make it to ps4. Unlike the garbage hardware and the two screen gimmick that ds and 3ds had, switch is not too different from vita and ps4 performance wise.

Is Apocalypse canon

I was actually surprise at the dude that did Minotaur, Napaea and some other good ones. Legit Kaneko-tier

What does canon mean in the context of a series with a multiverse?

There is no canon.

Stephen, Lucifer and Raidou are true canon.

I just beat SMT4, I beat P5 last month and I am playing through Soul Hackers. I loved the former two but so far I am not super hot on SH but I am only up to The Automotive Factory. I enjoy tye dunfeon crawling but the whole 90's cyber punk thing is a bit grating for me.

I am thinking of either playing SMT3 or DDS next. Any compelling arguments for a different game to play? I am also not going to play Strange Journey until DSJ, unless I hear that it isn't releasing in the west for a quite a long time.

>I enjoy tye dunfeon crawling but the whole 90's cyber punk thing is a bit grating for me.
That's THE reason to play Soul Hackers.

Actually SH gameplay is best megaten gameplay so far.

The negotiation is the best, but I like IV:A more

>I
>II
>III
>IV
>NEXT
>V comes next after IV
>there are people who still think it's not SMTV

>I
>II
>...if
>NINE
>NOCTURNE
>non-SMT
>IV
>IV:Final
>NEXT

Well, you tried.

>tfw smt5 without kaneko

>decide to play smt4 because heard it's good and want to get into smt series
>kill 5 zombi hordes, seems easy
>3 hours later: 4\5 hordes killed
I want to get off mr. zombi wild ride.
Also i have no fucking money why everything gives so little money and costs so much.

I wonder if they'll ever let him draw demons I'm curious as to what they'll look like.

Scrounge for relics, don't spend shit on armor aside from upper body and don't give demons money

>SJ isn't on the logo
every time

I don't mind it because it's kind of their gimmick at this point. I think they got rid of all the other palette swaps.

>no SJ
>no If
>no Nine
>no Imagine

>no devil summoner series

It's called Persona now

>no persona

fuck off back to /pg/ faggot

>that ugly as model with block hands
This isn't 5 is it?

>NEXT is between I and II
>implying it wouldn't be an Imagine sequel

Atlus managed to go backwards from Catherine

The point is that the logo specifically shows off numbers 1 through 4 and then says NEXT, what comes after 4?

As a general rule in most SMT games I think it's a bad idea to spend money on equipment until you think you actually need it, because new equipment becomes available faster than you can afford it all.

When you can you'll want to get the Scout apps so you can get Scout Bonus and Scout+, and you'll want to get the Fundraise app as well. Try to Bind demons before using Fundraise on them.

Are all enemies succeptible to ailments? or do they got resistances to certain ones and how can you tell?

Pic related, I try to cast MarinKarin on enemies and shit never works other than Knights also what the fuck does Dizzy even do, or anything that isn't obvious like Sleep

That's too hard m8.

I think ailment resistances/weaknesses are listed the same way as elemental for Nocturne, and in IV they are listed in the 2nd screen

Which game are you playing?

Pee 5 Forgot to include

>Not #FOULLIVESMATTER
>#FOODAREFRIENDSNOTFOOD
Now you've triggered me shitlord.

>implying anything other than Herald and Divine matter

Most enemies aren't resistant to ailments. I think the only ailment resistances in P5 come from Skills. You'll eventually get a Confidant ability that lets you view enemy skills so you can tell when they are.

I'm pretty sure bosses are immune to ailments but it's not actually noted anywhere. (The end of Palace bosses, not the midbosses)

Oh and as for the question about dizzy, it lowers accuracy and makes them susceptible to Psychic attacks.

ggez.space/ailments/

I find ailments are too accurate in Persona 5, but you can get skills which boost their accuracy.

are not too accurate*

Light-law male get out.

Downloading Soul Hackers right now, what am I in for fucks?

if you cast bufu it has 0.3% chance of crashing the game

90s future tech, American Indians, Best Heroine, Best Leader, Magnetite system, dungeon crawling, SMT 2 fusion, lots of Repulse Bells, Hallelujah's Dad and Satanael in loser form.

Not too accurate? The few times enemies used the all targets "medium" chance ailments, odds are that at least two of the four teammates gets ailment'd, with enemies with ailments boosts that raises to 3/full party getting ailment'd

>megami ibrunroku

How do you fix skill inheritance?

>Being able to select all skills like SMTIV makes it way too easy to create demons that can dominate the game
>Being able to select only a couple of skills like DeSu or P5 makes it a little bit tedious because you have to use other methods to give the demon the desired skill set
>Randomly selecting a few skill makes the game cancerous as fuck because you need to keep re-rolling like an autist for half an hour and you might not get what you want

Do you guys have any ideas for a perfect inheritance system?

Affinities, but harsher

I guess I just felt like my ailments weren't hitting very often compared to when I was playing, say, Apocalypse. You're definitely right, though. So I guess they're pretty accurate and it's just anecdotal.

Like anybody else no one loves these games 100% so what are some of your criticism for it?

Mine are the demons sometimes just plain ugly

Like how pixie looks like a Dyke Tranny or that there is even a fucking Demon with the shape of a Dick in a wheel chair

I know it's made by Japs but still makes me wonder

>Calling Mara ugly

Go back to the OG system of demons having set levels and skill sets to encourage you to switch often and make a wide variety of demons aside from having the same three archtypes with the same three skill sets every game.

Yeah those wacky japs

The only thing I don't like is the Us VS Them mindset all alignments representants have.

Even people who were sworn brothers are quick to try to kill each other the moment they decide they love law/neutral/chaos. Even a chill guy like Gore in SJ suddently decides to kill the hero if he's not neutral.

>Blight
>hit half of everyone's health and poison everything

Instant kill spells
I don't care if they've been in the games since the start or whatever, shit like this doesn't belong in an RPG
Losing an hour of progress not because of you fucking up but by CHANCE is a failure of game design

full of homophobia like recent Persona games
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=236879325&postcount=82

persona series is homophobia, smt is pro gay

I liked Raidou 2's system. All all passives are inherited and saved in a passive pool and it's just a matter of equipping the ones you want while active skills are random chance