/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Beg for forgiveness Edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite oldschool and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Play Quakeworld for free: nquake.com/
Play Quake 2 for free: q2s.tastyspleen.net/
Play Unreal Tournament 4 for free: epicgames.com/unrealtournament/
Play Warsow for free: warsow.net/
Link to Quake 2 Starter with Quake 2 and its expansions:
mega.nz/#!EAxAlSwa!9v0PQ7QgN60mXDptMqWXvdAC2srSCnb7pGPqZojG2QI

Quake Champions closed beta signup: quake.bethesda.net/en/signup
QC beta waves are each week and usually last for 3-4 days each starting on either Thursday or Friday. The beta is no longer under NDA.

Slipgate to the previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RckwwZnducE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for nyx dick sucking lips

>want Galena
>unbox uglyass shitass Nyx

Uninstalled.

No kidding, her lips are so yum, I'd still wanna make out with her even after blowing some other guy.

>run game
>10 minutes loading screen
>find a match
>3 minutes loading screen

Why is this allowed

my movement isn't insane

Buy an SSD.
I havent had a queue longer than 2 minutes in 15+ levels.

Is Visor's passive ability worth it for the strafe jump infinity + wallhack + gauntlet = hilarity formula?

>Quake Champions closed beta signup
update this

Galena's land mines are too fun, especially when 100hp characters are running everywhere

Throw me a suggestion
Same here, I love 'em

it does 100 damage?? I swear I never got killed by it alone, I ran into it like 3 times total

It does 75, but I always stay around them to pick off the small heroes who run into them

It's in open beta. Not just the weekends, not weekly.
Right?

I believe you still need a closed beta key to get in, but they're giving them out like candy.

So, we established that Nyx, Sorlag, Scalefag are overpowered.
Clutch is underpowered.
The rest are just average?
Where my nigga Visor at? What do you all think about him?

>try ut
>get beaten by bots
i think im just going to play some single player game for now

UT bots on godlike are pretty damn tough. Loque is nigh unbeatable.

Nyx and Scalebearer arent overpowered at all. It's just annoying to get run over every once in a while.
Ranger and visor are quite good.

>you now have to give up kills if they go around a corner because if you follow they'll literally just instagib you with the gauntlet

I don't think this semen slurping game is for me, guys

It's obviously bugged m8

New game mode is honestly the most aggravating mode I have ever played.
>1v3 to steal soul as sorlag
>make it to my obelisk
>greeted by 3 red arrows
>team jerking off and "resupplying"
>soul respawns team jerking off me and one other teammate try to contest lose 2v4
Its basic team mechanics that people seem to be lacking or maybe no one ever played 1 flag ctf.

they're probably CA players

cut em some slack they're literally missing a brain hemisphere

Where do I download quake champions? I have a key and the bethesda app but I don't see how to actually install the game.

gauntlet is double or triple hitting, bugged
although you shouldn't have a habit of chasing around corners

Play with us next time detach is on.

all team modes can be tanked by complete morons

just needs some matchmaking.

You register the key online I think, and it will appear in the launcher.

I got it now, needed to reinstall the launcher and now the quake logo appears.

Sorlag is the only one I'd say is oberpowered. Her health and armor pool along with her narrow hit box and mobility passive make her an absolute bitch to deal with.

>narrow hit box
>Sorlag
What? Seems pretty big and easy to hit for me. I only struggle with Anarki since not only is he skinny but he also stands sideways due to his board.

Turn up your lighting and textures

youtube.com/watch?v=RckwwZnducE

>anarki and slash have an intelligent discussion.jpg

Her tank, speed, and special make up for the hitbox.

I don't quite have an opinion on the state of champ balance yet all I'm saying is that Sorlag doesn't really have a "narrow" hitbox.

filename

are you calling sorlag fat? that's pretty rude

>tfw just won my first deathmatch
>30/15 with Visor

Пpишлo вpeмя и я тoжe

Daily reminder that I'm good and my team is terrible.

it doesnt translate like that into russian
"come" doesnt mean to ejaculate like it does in english

I dunno man I just used google translate

while we're at it, is there a ruski that can translate visor's lines
I'm a polack and I don't know what the fuck is he saying

I want to clean Sorlag's webbed toes with my tongue!

his intro line is "i hold the victory"
i havent played him enough to remember all of his lines but i think i remember "i will break you" and other edgy shit

Clutch is UP until he's played intelligently in Sacrifice. Even if all he does is rush the obelisk, press F and block damage until he picks it up, and then tosses it off the obelisk and hopefully over to his team's Slash. He's really punished by the gauntlet bug right now, and I wouldn't play him in any other mode for any reason until some more things change.

If there's a top tier Sacrifice meta it's Visor, Slash, Clutch, and Sorlag. Visor making callouts on routes is invaluable and he can get stacked, Slash is an obvious must-have, Clutch just for how nearly impossible he is to stop from stealing back the soul, and Sorlag is just the best champion in the game right now with her room clearing shotgun acid spit that doubles as area denial, air control, speed and best HP/AP.

Sacrifice is the toughest game mode, the skill ceiling is infinitely higher in Sacrifice than in any other mode. The time pressure of capture on top of item control really pushes the limit. RL, RG, RA, and Mega, getting stacked and powerup control in Sacrifice is almost more important than in Duel, and it's 4x harder to manage with 4x as many people on the map.

In regards to hitboxes. Hitboxes in this game are bizarrely ACCURATE to the visuals. You can actually thread a rocket or a rail between Slash's legs, and there are all about zero other FPS out there that do that. Say you have a LG in the dead center of Ranger, and Ranger begins to bunnyhop straight up and down. Assuming you don't move your aim, you'll actually miss lots of hits as Ranger's crotch rises above the lighting beam that's now passing between his thighs. Anarki, Sorlag- and other sideways/forward weird hitbox dimensions do get factored in a lot. Sorlag has a broadside that's more area than Clutch, but facing forward she's about the size of Ranger.

What streams do you recommend my friends?
I want high skill players that are nice, if they explain what they're doing while playing that's a bonus.

Does this thread include UT2004?
I liked the Air Buccaneers mod and it seems more likely to find players here than in standalone game.

>You can actually thread a rocket or a rail between Slash's legs
Oh baby, talk dirty to me.

>Does this thread include UT2004?
Absolutely

Rapha has a pretty large bioluminescent brain. I don't like duel much but it's nice how he explains his thought processes.

where'd you get this pic of me losing my virginity

Her profile, yes. While shes facing you it's pretty narrow.

anarki's hitbox is complete and utter bullshit

it's literally pointless to try to LG or rail him

>Ranger's crotch rises above the lighting beam that's now passing between his thighs

You should start writing ero fanfics

Rapha. Even if you're not into duel you'll learn so much you can carry it over to other modes.

From the same place I got all of your nudes. ;)
no homo

Anarki really is awkward to hit with LG. I never struggled to hit the fast squishies in Dirty Bomb where a lot of people complain about them but Anarki just feels off.

don't worry bb there's more where that came from

he says
>your LG is nothink on the lan
>you need to choose situation
>i'm talking it
>yes, but I choose danger
>zis is rapha

>finally learned how to compensate for the rl delay
>they're gonna fix it and I'll go back to sucking

Where did you get your crystal ball to know where they're gonna be in the future?

I like your analysis and that comp does seem like a pretty good one, this game mode is ridiculously frustrating with people unfamiliar to Quake.

When does he stream?

>When does he stream?
No idea, I mostly just load up his VODs.

What FOV do you guys use? I'm on default 130 (I think?) now but I feel like I should probably lower it.

Rapha streams whenever he can, but he's a Lucio support main for a pro team in Overwatch and he's got to practice Overwatch for a game every day this week except Tuesday. He said he'll be streaming QC whenever he can.

>zis is rapha

The lowest. Less stuff to render on screen + I don't look at the edges anyway, I keep my eyes firmly on my crosshair.

>feelsbadman.png

Guess I should do the same thanks for the info user.

>burial chamber
>3 lightning gun spawns, 2 of which are in the same spot but on different floors
>railgun is on the main floor
>shotgun spawns are on the top floor

does anyone else think they should switch the railgun spawn with the shotgun spawn directly above it? i feel like that makes more sense based on the q3 maps that follow that formula. seems kinda weird for a railgun to be easily accessible like that

also grenade launcher when?

Does anyone else think the nail guns projectile speed is too low? Also when will we get a grenade launcher?

What's the actual appeal of the GL? Seemed really underused aside from spamming corners.

Would nerfing sorlags HP by 25 fix her? She seems to be the only broken character right now

>Also when will we get a grenade launcher?
There is enough area control from abilities, RL and NG. I'm happy they didn't add grenades.

the NG/SNG have the same projectile delay issues of the RL, as an acknowledged bug/issue with a solution incoming.

I think they're really waiting to see these changes first before they look at projectile speeds or damage. I'd like the SNG to be the obvious highest DPS weapon in the game.

ranger is the only broken character right now
sorlag dies so fast to lg its ridiculous

gl can go and stay go
nails need to glow or something

mostly for movement control, but i can see the arguments against it

>RL already there for area denial
>GL can turn into a spam clusterfuck in FFA

i feel like it wouldn't be a problem if they placed the GL spawn in a low-population area of a map or something

>requires jump pad or some sort of obstacle to reach AKA don't put it where the RG spawn is in burial chamber or something

Its very versatile. Yes It can be used to shoot around corners but it's also good for shooting up to ledges from low ground or controlling areas from high ground. A good example of the latter would be from the RL spawn on blood covenant. It would be very op in sacrifice though

I think the nailgun projectiles should be big, round and glow

we could call them "plasma"

characters shouldn't have more than a 100 health

sorlag and scalebearer are literally 50 hp away from having native mega every time they spawn, it's stupid

how would you nerf dr. slipgate

I agree. The sng reminds me of the plasma gun a lot in that it's high dps but slower projectile speed. Hopefully the bug fixes you mentioned will work

If they gave it a low ROF and not 100 damage I think if would be okay

I wouldn't. If this game was nothing but rangers it would be great.

If Bones becomes a character what do you think his abilities and stats might be? I'm thinking 100hp 50 armor higher speed and maybe I higher jump height passive since he's a lightweight spooky. I'm having a hard time thinking of an actived ability for him though.

I really wish they would clean up Visor's voice lines I can't understand half of what he says, it doesn't even sound like Russian just aggravated mumbling.

You're a genius user I hope ID takes note

GL would be nice defensively but then sacrifice would turn into tanks spamming nades through doors

a man after my own slipgate

>it doesn't even sound like Russian just aggravated mumbling.

that's perfect then

he could spook people and force them to turn around

>aggravated mumbling
>next patch Visor gets a new respawn response
>BLYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

quad or i feed

takes double damage from shotguns and rocket launchers, 50% from rails and nailguns, 25% from LG

there, balanced

We shove him in a slipgate to home

Newfag to Quake here. What sort of average movement speed should I be aiming for just from moving around maps? I've been going around The Camping Grounds since it's similar to one of the maps in QC and I can sort of maintain a speed of about 440 or so for most of it. I think I'll be able to get it higher once I can start nailing down strafe and circlejumping.

that's a cute snek

What is the highest DPS weapons from Greatest to Least?

LG
SNG
NG
RG
RL