Stealing from the junkyard

I've only been to the junkyard twice and every time I get what I need and wait in line someone comes up to me and tells me to put it in my pocket and go. Is this normal?

if it fits the pocket its free.
and no im not a nigger

thats why they charge you like 10 bucks to get in. they expect people to pocket small shit like that.

my local junkyard does an "all you can carry day" once a month to clear out inventory. whatever you can physically carry out the gate for 100$

always a riot watching dudes bring their muscle head friends just to try and lug a 400lb fully dressed engine out.

>be younger
>cut fuel line on friends ZROC
>can't find a replacement
>go to junkyard
>fully remove line
>yard wanted 200 dollars for it
>throw that shit over the back fense
>Also snag a bunch of old fuel injectors for my car

Nigger.

Pretty much this. The vast majority of junkyards openly buy stolen vehicles so fuck em. They make more than enough profit on the bigger parts.

If the junkyard is going to charge me for 35 dollars for a wiper arm, I'm going to put the lock knob caps in my pocket and walk out the door with them. They charge the fuck out of people because of theft, so people steal, the cycle continues.

Jackal did this at an Veeky Forums meet once and got caught with a pocket full of fuses. They made him overpay to not call the police.

>local junkyard has no entry fee but checks toolboxes and bags on entry/exit
>first time I went there I went with a yard regular and they waved me right through, have done so every time since even when I'm alone
>go last weekend on the everything-is-half-price day
>person in front of me has their toolbox opened all over the desk, person behind me has to open their tool bag and show contents
>lady at counter hands me the sign-in sheet and tells me to go on through

>coming out of yard with parts in hand
>guy in front of me in checkout lane with a fucking wheelbarrow gets caught trying to smuggle out suspension parts under the mess of other shit in the cart
>guy behind me immediately starts looking around at everyone else and playing with his toolbag
>put parts on counter, register guy puts a paint mark on intake, handwaves the rest, gives me a receipt and tells me to have a good day
>mfw the entire time

>Go to junkyard looking for specific screw for my car.
>Find it.
>Wait in line for 10 minutes to buy it.
>Oh those are free, you can just take it.

mfw

boatload kek

>go to junkyard to find small specific part
>place is huge
>spend whole afternoon there looking for it but finally found it
>get back to the entrance and find out they are already closed and locked me inside
>mfw

Just because everybody's stealing, doesn't mean you yourself should steal.

don't they like announce they're closing soon? or did you just not hear? , they have an announcement system at the junkyard i go to

Car guys are usually shitty people. Screwing the wreckers is a sin in my book because here in Onterrible most yards are shutting down either due to lack of business and fucktards stealing $2 parts 20 times a day, and environmental cleanup charges.

So why screw the small business owner over, when you may need a taillight assembly but he closed down because everyone thought stealing a small thing won t hurt in the long haul.

cute pic dude

>with a fucking wheelbarrow
He was stealing wheel barrows every day

>need exhaust manifold bolt
>get one off and take it to the counter
>get charged 2 fucking dollars
B-but I'm white

Also
>be lost piston wrist pin c-clip
>fuck of all fucks
>its a Subaru though, so no big deal
>go to junkyard with a screwdriver, a hammer, and nettle nose plyers
>locate subaru wit transmission already removed
>pull off the little access plate and remove the c-clip
>pocket the screwdriver and plyers, and go pay
>register guy looks at me with the clip in hand and the hammer in the other
>I tell him what it is
>he kinda takes a step back and looks worried
>says it's free and waves me through

12/10 bait

Almost thought you were serious for a second.

? What

I'm kinda new to the whole stealing thing so I just ask for a re-entry stamp so even if they think I'm stealing they can assume I'll be back to pay