New to cars. Looking for a good beginner car. I'm on a tight budget so I need something initially cheap...

New to cars. Looking for a good beginner car. I'm on a tight budget so I need something initially cheap. Don't want anything flashy, just need something fun and easy to work on. What would you suggest?

I would suggest reading the sticky. Or just get a 3k Civic (or 5/10k Civic if budget allows).

I'm talking like a few thousand dollars range.

1979-2003 Ford mustang GT

read the sticky please
>3k civic meme

Yeah a friend suggested a 95 hatchback. I just hate what ricers did to that car though.

That sounds pricey.

> M I A T A
> I
> A
> T
> A

How much are they?

Cheap enough that no one will care when you ruin it with shitty mods. You can get them for a few thousand dollars in most places.

>miatia
>cheap
Maybe 4 years ago before you weebs decided a hairdressers car is cool
Better options
>fox
>queerstangs between 2000 and 09
>90s camaros
>civic
>ferio
>Camry
>Ranger

Depends on where you live. They are starting to get pricier cuz >muh JDM

rule of thumb: Any shitbox will do. Regardless of brand. Anything that can be broken can be fixed.

Except british cars. Never buy british cars.

best bang for buck would be an old civic, accord, corolla, or celica

Lots of options to choose from

1. 1k civic
2. 2k civic

or my personal favorite

3. 3k civic

Get an old bmw 5er e39, best purchase I've ever made.

Consider a RX-7 with an LS swap

Around 4000 gay dollars

I got a 95 gt for 2.5k so not really pricy

>Maybe 4 years ago before you weebs decided a hairdressers car is cool
Nobody mentioned the Honda Fit though?

not OP here, but is civic really just a meme ?
currently deciding on my first car and ek4 is so far one of the cars that seems like the best choice

It's a solid shitbox, reliable, economical, decent chassis, cheap parts (in the US at least), easy to work/learn on and an insane amount of aftermarket support if you're into that.
Every possible issue has been documented and solutions are readily available everywhere.

get an 86-88 fiero gt with 5 speed, huge after market for them, look good imo, not too heavy getrag 5 speed, v6 isn't that great but the car is extremely swappable. handling improved in 86 and reached it's pinnacle in 88 though

>easy to work/learn on and an insane amount of aftermarket support if you're into that.
thats one of the things that makes me want to get it the most
not sure how much cheaper/more expensive the parts are in my slav shithole compared to USA but they definetly arent pricy
the main problem with other cars i considered is that most of them are riced or tend to break often

Yeah they're pretty good, although Civics are definitely ricer bait. Only thing I'd be worried about in a slav country is rust, especially if they use salt to clear your roads rather than sand.

Or you could go full slav and get an old Audi 80, never worry about rust and enjoy the Group B-derived inline 5 even if it's not turbo'd and only makes about 133hp.

>if they use salt to clear your roads

Slav here, they do. Fucking cunts.

i don't really like audi, bmw and vw because that shit is literally everywhere here and the latter two are known and hated for shitty tuning more than any other cars
another problem with them is that a good audi or bmw costs a lot, you sure can buy ones for 500$ easily, but they are half dead because chads buy them, weld diff, dont care about any form of maintaining and sell it

Get the 1994 EG hatch, it's pretty good with a couple of simple mods.

id personally recommend an old Volvo, solid, reliable and lots of space. Here in the UK you can get a good S40 from around 2001-2005 for about £1000 (like $1300)