Planetside 2 General /ps2g/

I will not let this game and this general die, I love you all far too much for that you massive fucking 0.3 kdr shitters edition

>What is this game?
pastebin.com/gcZswXWS (embed)
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/gAnE2x5U (embed)
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/JV5q3Hg8 (embed)
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut (embed)
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6 (embed)
>Weapons chart
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png (embed)

HEY THERE COME TALK ABOUT THIS FUN GAME!

Hello there! I was so scared :(

It was bad times my friend, bad times.

But now you are here, now you are home.

Thank God! I'm not ready to die yet

Why are this threads dying that fast ? Are all you guys too busy FRAGGING to come and say hi ?

They're all too busy sucking dikke.

I think vg is getting way too fast for us

What is your HSR?

With or without enlarged hitboxes))?

TR is underpowered

VS is overpowered

True as well desu

if you really loved us, you'd let it die a final death instead of resurrecting it for a few hundred posts of garbage

sage

NC is FREE

Bump! :3

I'm gonna have to go to sleep, so dear memers pls keep the thread alive until I wake up.

Good night!

i haven't played for like 2 years.
has the game gotten good yet?

i hated how the only way to play the game was to spam tank, join a horde of other tanks and zerg-rush undefended bases until everyone quits out of boredom and leaves the remaining tanks to get zerg rushed by a newly spammed enemy tank horde.

Nothing changed, except now you can build bases

There's more anti vehicle options currently than there ever has been and an upcoming patch is bringing a general nerf to most vehicle v infantry and vehicle v vehicle combat capabilities.

Hacking is bad but now is not a bad time at all to get stuck back in.

Get on down to Auraxis soldier, there's a war you're needed in.

>stop posting for a few days to see what happens
>thread is literally dead
>nobody makes another one for like two days (or it died real quick)
My shitposts are literally the only thing that is keeping this thread alive.

Do you guys all play on the same server/share an outfit or anything? I started playing PS2 again recently and found this general, thought I'd ask.

Yeah, most of /ps2g/ is on Emerald TR in the outfit Notorious, [N]

I'm a rando on cobad, not all of us regulars play together.

Got it - I main VS on Cobalt but I have a TR alt on Emerald. I'll request to join next time I'm on.

you're getting memed on, don't do it

>I main VS on Cobalt

pls leev

I'm hurt.

>Build a little wall
>Drop an ammo packet
>Drop betties nearby
>Whip out my 12x Archer
>Get comfy

This is the life

t. .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

kph shitter

MEMES

don't you dare post it.
you know what.

I feel bad for all you non-NC players, it's like you don't want to have fun.

>tfw cant break past 3.5 kdr
feels really bad honestly

>tfw someday soon your /ps2g/ folder will be forgotten, never posted
>all the memories of this shithole will fade away

>Five years
>Five long years
>That's how long it took for this game to fade away

Good morning memers!

Do people still play this? I remember having a ton of fun in beta and the first few years but then with all the microtransactions and grinding it just became a hassle

Which one is Biolab only continent?

the caverns

Yes, at least their is enough people to have big fights at primetime and on weekends. (unless you're austrailian)
grinding is probably a bit better than when you last played but the game has more or less the same flaws its always had.

I wonder if I should bother re-installing this on my PS4

lol

>be in NC on Connery
>gud fites in primetime
>NC forces all organised, tacticool, funny yet skilled commanders
>have to move to Australia for work
>decide to keep playing on Connery cuz Briggs is ded
>mfw NC in Aus primetime is just semi-afk Chinese
>they're never organised or work together
>VS just rape everything cuz literally every Korean player is Vanu
I didn't think chinese were so bad at games.

>Hacker on Emerald one shotting everyone with a TRAC 5 and another hacker driving a Harasser with a hitbox the size of a Tech Plant suiciding everyone in whole hexes

so this is how it all ends

>play csgo
>80% of cheedingers are russians or turkroaches
some things never change, huh

Do it!

y0 what happened to buzz and the enclave are they gone forever again can somebody tell me the story of his return and why they left so soon again I thought they would last a month at least

Hidden have enough Time to play Because of Older Girl anger Niger neger chok chok OK OK sent from my Google Voice recognition y Driving Car

>shitposting while driving
L M A O Meet two

>playing dead games with retard meme devs
LOL

Seeing the OP made me feel worried and I feel the need to play a shooter again, is the game still active?

lol

Someone has to win this fucking war. It's been 5 years

NC have the best memes. Theyve already won.

Shit I guess you're right. TR only has UP and the crown, VS have dildos and they don't even want anything else. I guess NC wins by default huh?

Man, I played this game in the beta and it was legit one of the coolest experiences of my gaming career. Its depressing to see how mismanagement and corporate meddling has fucked over what could have been true greatness.

it was only good in the beta because nobody knew how to exploit all the game mechanics yet and people played the game the way people wished the game worked instead of the optimal way to play it

Ptchoo :-----D

/yell fug u inf hax cheatser fug noskill nolife nerd babby higbysniper you fuggin reachcat get sum skill nub 1v1 me in my prowler then well c whoose gud

>post animay
>get banned
>thread dies

i rlly wish u sweetbois wuld stob bullying me

I'd rather that /ps2g/ was gone than you fucking pedos shitting the place up. You have a thousand other boards to talk about jerking off to little girls, please fuck off to one of those.

>pedos

How hard is it to be a total newbie in this game compared to other fps games?

You'll die hundreds of times and then ragequit

Is the gear difference really that bad?

It isn't the gear at all. The starter gear is all good adaptable shit, everything else is usually a specialization; Trading some up-close capability for some more stopping power at range.

It's map knowledge, experience with the game's handling mechanics etc etc. Very easy game to play, pretty difficult to become a genuine master.

Almost there lol

Tldr

Aim better.

>1v1 me in my prowler

*pulls C4 fairy*

Oh really? I thought you unlocked stuff to increase health/shield and damage as you leveled. Good to know that's not quite the case. That all is pretty normal for getting into any FPS game, so that doesn't sound so bad. Thanks user.

Except it is bad in Ps2 because you are not only fighting more experienced infantry players, but you are also being spammed by airniggers, tank spawncampers and bolt ahitters

There is SOME of that present in the game in the form of "Nanoweave Armor", a suit addon that is available to most classes.

This addon increases resistance to SMALL-ARMS damage bodyshots, at level one it adds 7.5% resistance, at max level (5) it adds a total of 20% resistance.

While 20% less damage from bullets is a big deal it does mean that they can't use any of the other suit add-ons and it does not apply to headshots nor damage from other sources such as falling, ramming, explosives or AV weapons.

At first it seems like a real game-changer but in actually it only saves you against shitters and you only die to shitters if you're a shitter yourself so ipso facto you don't need it.

And conversely it'll only save people from your wrath if you can't fucking aim therefore learn to aim and it doesn't matter.

HA gets maxed nanotechnology as default nowadays

>>get banned
>>thread dies
dude me2
but i didn't post amine because thads ghey :-DDDd

>thads ghey

:-------D

u r worst person

t. official worst person ranker

how i rank?!? i play aa MAX and HA :3 hunt airniggers :333

>hunt airniggers :333
u r best person

t. official best person ranker

>u r worst person

THX! :-DDDDD

High level infantry play ;)

Kills?

tfw you out-cancer the vs by blowing up all their fagriders with c4 flash

??????

that's what you get for attempting to harm the vehicle user higher caste you fucking infantry pleb. Buy more smeds.

Rude!

>that clearly enlarged hitbox
;-----D

>be blue
>shot blue
>shuch is life

This is the world we live in,
And these are the hands we're given,
Use them and lets start trying,
To make it a place worth living in.

No, all skill))

I got one shot by a Trac 5 today as soon as I spawned on Emerald. I guess that explains it.