25 years old and just got my DL

I'm 25 years old and I just barely got my driver's license.

When I was 16 years old I was in a car accident, and I lost interest in cars or learning how to drive.

I was with a friend of mine who was a JDM rider and his parents bought him an old silver integra. He was going on and off freeway ramps to try to cut traffic. Light turned red before he even entered the intersection and he ran it, plowing into a minivan. I was in his passenger seat and fortunately neither of us were seriously injured by it fucked me up.

So 9 years later, after about a month of practice, I finally went to the DMV and got a driver's license. But here's the problem.

I feel like I don't know shit about cars. I lost total interest in them, so I have no idea about anything when it comes to cars. How to repair, what cars are good, or their prices.

I actually just drive a 2016 Nissan Rogue that my dad lets me use. So to get to my point...

How does a 25 year old get caught up on 9 years worth of experience when it comes to cars?

bonus: what kind of car should I make if I have a job making 85K a year in Cali?

>EDIT:
*but it really fucked me up

*what kind of car should I buy

Sorry about the typos, I'm fucked.

honestly your safest bet is a 1983 toyota sprinter trueno swapped out with a hayabusa engine, rollcaged ofc for safety, race spec seats and ofc carbon fiber dildo shifter

retard

read

Fuck off newfag. Sticky is outdated.

You make 85k a year in cali? holy shit you are a rich fuck.

The thing about what car is good compared to the pricetag is that it really does depend on many more factors than how much you are into cars.

You dont need to learn how to repair them to use them.

Just buy a sub 3k shitbox from craigslist that has a running engine or little rust and you will be fine.

It's okay money. To be honest, I'd like to buy a used car, and I dont wanna get fucked.

But I don't want to be so conservative when it comes to a car. I'd like to purchase something respectable. I have all of this money lying around that I've been saving up for years. (obviously I'm not gonna spend all of my savings on a car, but I'm just saying I can probably purchase a nice car that will probably turn heads).

bmw e46 m3 or go fucking home

>but I'm just saying I can probably purchase a nice car that will probably turn heads).
No you cant.

For that you either need to customize the shitbox so hard you will dump money in it, or buy a brand new luxury car.

Looks like I can get a 2017 one for 65k. I can do that. I guess you're the only one to reply, so I'll buy it. What color?

e46 is from 2001 to about 2006.

>mfw

I don't know anything about shitboxes or customizing, so I guess it's a new luxury car for me.

>I feel like I don't know shit about cars. I lost total interest in them

yawn don't even bother man, just borrow your dad rogue.

Ask yourself this:

Do you really NEED to turn heads with a car? is your image so important you need a nice expensive car and is it worth the money?

What's so special about them? And do people usually go for the 06's?

maaaan... I really want my own car.

You're right, it's not at all.

But what the hell should I buy? Is there something on a budget that is at least respectable?

If i were you i would buy a comfy, reliable and cheap car as your first car. If you just got your license, you'll want something easy to drive that doesn't really matter if you dent or scrape, and something that will be robust enough for you to make learning mistakes in and not break.

Also id recommend getting something already dented and looking kinda bad, so that if it gets scrached and dented its not a big deal.

Also if youve just started learning how to drive, learn manual if you arent already.
theres nothing shitter about learning in and becoming acustomed too an automatic, and then decided to learn manual

once youve gotten better at driving youll know what kind of car you will want and you can go from there, and if you start saving now sounds like you could get a good amount to pay cash for a car.
Dont you dare get a first car on a loan

Buy an suv or sedan front wheel drive or all wheel drive with 4-5 star crash test rating to make you feel safe. Lean towards toyota or something similar. Cars like everything else either will or will not interest you, when it does happen you will know. 85k is not a lot in cali specially in or near the cities. go for a car around 25k max, you need to figure out your own budget to either conserve or maximize your amount. Good luck

>What's so special about them? And do people usually go for the 06's?
Its considered a great sports car.

>But what the hell should I buy? Is there something on a budget that is at least respectable?
Well, you can always find used old sports car for quite cheap. Something like a C5 or a C6 corvette. But we are reaching a stage in which there are people overpricing the cars like crazy. You can always stick to the simplest functional shitbox you can find on craigslist

>e36 m3

its a proper rwd v8 sports car with perfect weight distribution and good handling. 2006 was the last year so most of the problems with ealier years are straightened out

>e36
>2006
>V8

its a typo you autist

I already learned how to drive man. I got my license.

25k does sound like a good budget. desu I have enough saved that I could pay for a car 65k cash, and not hurt the bank so much. My expenses are basically zero because I've been living with my parents, and have been working for the past 6 years.

And I'm not interested in moving out.

Get a w211
E55 prefferable

are you looking for a luxury car, sports car, or both?

>its a typo

The V8 e46 was a race only edition too. It wasn't a typo. It was ignorance.

I'm not too big into corvettes.

I don't know what that means, but glad they fixed it.

I don't want any mickey mouse half and half, so would you suggest one from luxury and one from sport?

These look pretty cool too and they are pretty cheap.

>I don't want any mickey mouse half and half, so would you suggest one from luxury and one from sport?
Most high end luxury cars are also sports car.

So that's the tricky question.

How about a lexus?

Try the lexus is350

They are more or less luxurious, easy to maintain (they are toyota) and aren't hard to find or expensive.

>ls swapped e46

The interior of this car looks cool, but the exterior, particularly the front, is really fugly.

>typo
>2006, m3, which is the E46 and had an I6
>V8, which was only in the E9X M3, which was 2008-2013
>E36, which was only from 92 to 97

theres nothing wrong with sport luxury cars like the bmw 335i or audi s4. the base model version of them, the 328i and a4 are cheaper but with less preformance. if your look for more power but less luxury american is the way to go, mustang GT, camaro SS, and SRT8s

The w211 is pretty reliable after 2006 apart from the airmatic suspension ( suspension which lets you control the ride height) which tends to break and isn't that cheap to swap
If I were you I would seriously consider an automatic diesel 2006-2009 E-Class
Way more luxorious than a newer bmw or audi and wouldn't break the bank as they are pretty cheap nowadays and the auto is pretty reliable as well as the diesels not that sure about the newer ones tho

They look cool on the outside and interior hasnt aged a bit

It's too late already. Find somewhere to die. Oh wait (cali)

Get a SAAB, cheap af now and they look real nice.

get an e90 m3. why not?

GT-R ?

>I want a safe car I wont die in
>People suggest 250+hp RWD cars

Only 250 hp.

That's baby mode m8

For your first car, just buy a Toyota Corolla. They're extremely reliable. Drop it a bit and keep it clean. Some nice rims wouldn't hurt.

Have you considered an LS Swap RX-7?

>I'm scaward of da big scawarry cawrrrs!

You are a whiny little bitch and you should ride the bus for the rest of your life. You sound like a retarded faggot woman. Please don't drive. You are going to fuck up so bad and get yourself or someone killed because of your natural inferiority. You are the de-evolution if mankind into a spineless sack of fluidic shit floating fecklessly in a sea of stupid fagotry.

Castrate yourself. Cut off your diseased and failed bloodline. Do not reproduce and doom humanity with your feeble disgusting mental disorders.

Just get a Miata.

>250hp fwd
>learning how to drive stick

Pretty Hektik m8

fuck yourself you pathetic whiteknighting homo

Pretty much sane story as me, except I ran over a woman at 16.

Rode bike and lived in cities.

Finally got my license at 23.

Buy an older volvo 240/740, I've been driving for 15+ years now. Easy as pie to fix, reliable, safe.

>breaks down

I drive to New England all the time for work. Especially in northern new york you see garage lots full of broke down Saabs.

My sister had one we called the albatross because it never left the fucking driveway without fixing something first.

i was 16 and got into a rollover highway accident going 75mph and went to drivers ed and passed 3 weeks later you big wienie

When I was 17 I rolled my car with all my friends in it. No one was hurt but it really fucked me up. I know what you mean.
If I were you I'd just take it easy. Drive like a normal person, and just learn what you need to as you go.

You should get a cheap car then spend your savings on a nice car in a year once you are a better driver. It would suck to buy an expensive car then crash it and there is a high chance of crashing your first car

Just get some cheap 100hp box that's comfy and cheap, if you want to race get a bike.

>used
>respectable

Sweetie...

Pretty sure that pic was taken in Canada

>rich fuck

it depends on where in CA he is

go with an old volvo like 240 or 740, they are old reliable cars, mpg is not the best but it is also not the worst

Get a Saab 9-2X Aero, AKA the secret WRX. It's very cool yet understated

Leigh Lake, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, USA.

Explains why my dads 9-5 has been going for 4 years every day to work and back with minimal maintenance, why my mums never had problems, why my brothers has never had problems.

I guess your sister treated it like shit.

Some models are unreliable while some are pretty bulletproof.

Saabs also match OPs desire for safety due to Saabs autistic tier safety standards.

>mfw
lulz