/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 15th:
495 BC – A newly constructed temple in honour of the god Mercury was dedicated in ancient Rome on the Circus Maximus, between the Aventine and Palatine hills. To spite the senate and the consuls, the people awarded the dedication to a senior military officer, Marcus Laetorius.
221 – Liu Bei, Chinese warlord, proclaims himself emperor of Shu Han, the successor of the Han dynasty.
1525 – Insurgent peasants led by Anabaptist pastor Thomas Müntzer were defeated at the Battle of Frankenhausen, ending the German Peasants' War in the Holy Roman Empire.
1811 – Paraguay declares independence from Spain.
1943 – Joseph Stalin dissolves the Comintern.

>News
EU4 DD 09/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-may-2017.1020275/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/XJyjwcD
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

this guy

3rd for Mexico and Tabasco

I need a super comfy nation in mayo in Texas right now! (that is not in Iberia)

Anyone here tried playing as a dwarf and making a lineage of royal dwarfs in CK 2?

Hungary?

How fares your urban pop empire, /gsg/?

bosnia or serbia

Norway or Fez

kys

inb4 plague

>alexandria
>it's cairo
????
Iskandriyya is the actual Alexandria

I find it very ironic that despite all the virtue signaling, mayo and texas has some of the most detailed genocide events I have played with
Is there any other EU mod that lets your leader personally lead Pogroms against the Jews? Or incite your Muslim subject into rebellion so you can then deport them all into the desert where they die? Or suppress the Turks so hard their entire culture collapses?
I have a lot of issues with bloatmod, but this is the one thing I really enjoy with it

Vic2 3.04 w/ HPM (PSGK checksum)
IP: 108.24.113.17

>Carpets
absolutely based proc

I made it the capital because its the trade node and starts with most urban pops

i'm sorry mp lads i had lots of things to do, too normie for /gsg/

what year are you up to? might be able to play for an hour or so tonight t. taisho

Is Mayo 2 finally out? I thought it would be out at the start, when are they fucking releasing it. Its just a tease now.

>Have the ability to raise 10k troops+prepared nc troops
>The whole of Britain might unite against me
>Holy orders are unlocked
It it worth the risk?

Johanbros get in here, we must defemd based paradox's original masterpiece

Either you have other mods activated, or the files were corrupted. Delete the mod and unzip it again. If the problem persists, then redownload the ZIP file.

This problem isn't unique to M&T.

(repost)

do it

join MP today!

Vic2 3.04 w/ HPM (PSGK checksum)
IP: 108.24.113.17

Scotland

>

Carpets is the new liquor

What would you even do ask Scotland?

www.mediafire.com/file/9bpv3lg9jl597dm/M%26T_v1.99.01.7z
Can this be added to the OP? Its the 2.0 beta.

SO HOW IS IT RUNNING
IS IT FASTER THAN PREVIOUS VERSION.
THATS EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW. THAT WEBM IS NOT ENOUGH PROVIDE ME EXPERIENCES FUCK

I'm on my first playthrough now, trying to work out the answer to that very question.

download and try it here

I CANT IM IN BED BEING COMFY AND SHIT IM NOT A FUCKING NEET I NEED TO SLEEP

It is running faster, but it still noticeable lags.

Aka It's shit, but slightly better than before for me

>Famine in the Nile

You either went really close to the pop "limit" of that province or had really shitty weather conditions

It is faster than the previous version

I hope the johanists don't redditpost in this thread too

holy shit its slow. i gonna have to buy new cpu for this shit;_;

Colonize Panama then, since Scotland tried and failed to do that in real life

So how long does one year takes? Around.

13 min at max speed

Oh, so you bought the India DLC, huh?

Well the game sure runs like shit now without the DLC really adding anything at all if you aren't playing as an someone in India BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IT RUNS NO WHERE NEAR BAD ENOUGH FOR MY TASTES AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
AH
AHAHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
HAGGAGHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAH
AAHAHHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHHAAAAAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAA

work fine on my cpu, maybe a little bit slower than vanilla

Hungary it is.

Believe it or not this is actually an improvement from how it was before

Depends on what speed,i usually play on 3 and switch on 4 when there is nothing to do and it runs fine.

Thats not bad, I can live with that for a good game. Faster then before for me too.

it doesnt run smoothly so its hard to tell. sometimes you are going relatively fast like vanilla eu4 on between 3 and 4/ other times it just stops then goes at 1 speed then goes back to 3.5. its preety obvious when it needs to calculate shit.

What the fuck, why?

Remember when Crusader Kings was about crusades?

>2

its quite literally more profitable to never conquer this province. Bravo gigau

>I can now conquer all of India as Nepal and import it to EUIV
Wew, Ming BTFO

>just got NieR: Automata
>Meiou 2 comes out
Well guess Ill do this tomorrow.

Is that realistic though?

Its an investment and its at 100% autonomy because youre in the way.

Wait for pops to grow there and when a estate takes over they will build stuff.

Anyone have an utterly fucked up map? Oman in England and the like? What version of the game is M&T meant to be run on? I'm on 1.21.1

>got wrecked in a war on purpose, time for public schools and health care!
I hate the reform mechanics so fucking much

How do I improve farming efficiency?

Looting provinces and letting soldiers take home most of the money at the end of the war is probably the best way.

I'm still trying to work out how to farm properly, Scotland is really not ready to go full Darien

I don't think so, but they said that they went over a lot of historical records regarding pops, so its probably realistic

So should I actually absorb this 100% autonomy tumor into my country? Will I ever get relevant benefits?

The nobles are the only ones who can do it and I think he said they only do it when the urban population requires more food. But that can be imported so... You might have to have a famine first. Something about the government never doing it and the nobles doing it. Look at live stream 3 he said it there.

game not found

Outside of the trade power and manpower it will give you nil until it develops more.

not enough people were joining, we want 8+ or more
thats the point of the discord, to organize mp sessions

Console can change it so its better. You took it over there is no reason it would be at their autonomy from before, just zero it to where it would be after 100 years in the console. Itll cost you like .03 ducets a turn thats nothing.

>tibet
>despite the fact that the game barely runs as it is
I sure love going on catholic crusades as a tibetan
thanks wiz

So what now?

>implying the devs are competent enough to implement crusades properly

Yes, in the old version it would slow and and stutter. In this version is still not as fast as vanilla but its pretty acceptable, moderate slowdown when many events are happening at once but that's it. Got an i5 3470.

Also autonomy isn't inherently bad as in vanilla,it just means that the estate in the province will hold the money and spend it to build/improve stuff.

I see, so its simply more power to the estate. Here we go then

nah dude I cant type a single command without feeling like I ruined the campaign. I'll just let it be, it's not that important

>they said that they went over a lot of historical records regarding pops
Specifically, they used this book.

it's fucking dumb expanding the map. Europe and India/China never interact as theres always a giant stable unkillable muslim blob between them so there always out of diplomatic range. China DLC under Paradox will just be India 2.0; a place you play for like 1-2 games than go back to europe, Paradox couldn't possibly simulate China with current CK2 mechanics and they're far too lazy to actual effort into DLC (see M&M).

Rate my Europe lads

>a fucking Tibet expansion

Please give me objectives for a UK game in Victoria 2.

Please give me the quick rundown on how to play mayo and texas.

be yourself :)

The mod goes on documents not on the install folder ya dingus.

>we optimized it
wew

Is this the best germaniums ever?

better have slaves mechanic

What is that red icon?

fugg

>everything in 1362 is shit compared to 1812
Is this a surprise? Im sure there are some variables but its not like anything would be even mid grade at this time period.

I want to *be* that cat

>old rIEch
>it's modern germany with slesvig

I hope you're on at least 3 layers of irony right now

>Germany keeps the Germans as a vassal state
Is this how Merkel wants it?
This is why vassals/allies suck

It's probably "low farming efficiency" or "low population wealth" or some such.

discord.gg/XJyjwcD

come join the discord so we can organize some multiplayer

lmao manlets

Good enough I guess. At least I cut their country in 3

>>>/leftypol/

hoi4 dlc activator?

Show Sinai

Thanks. I feel dumb. I didn't see a "don't put mods here" thing in the mod folder so I kinda just assumed.

Step out of my way pleb, true Teuton patrician coming through!