Are you guys ready for the BMW Supra?

supramkv.com/threads/bmw-model-codes-include-supra-j29-with-auto-transmission-4-and-6-cylinder-engines.631/

>buy Japanese car
>get German Memegineering
J U S T

Other urls found in this thread:

youwheel.com/home/2016/03/27/detailed-analysis-the-bmw-b58-inline-6-cylinder-engine/
youtube.com/watch?v=JnYvEqHNAAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>get German Memegineering
The jelly is strong with this one.

Will it be the most reliable BMW, or the least reliable Toyota?

This is bullshit.
Isn't it supposed to have that Lexus V6

>german AND japanese in one car

could have been the best thing ever... if it was still pre 2000...

Modern BMWs are pretty fuckin reliable except the n54. What a turd

Nobody wants overcomplicated, expensive, hard to service, plastic accessory, German junk. Japanese engineering is superior because it's proving and perfected technology that just works. If it's a BMW engine, I wouldn't buy a Supra, I'd just lease it for the warranty period and let it fail catastrophically on some one else.

then no Supra for you.

Looks like weaboos got EURO-KEKED.

BMW i6s are pretty awesome. I'd replace the plastic bits and have an amazing car.

Its like the 1940s all over again eh?

kraut memes > nip memes

>The Toyota Supra is listed with only auto transmission
hahahahaha
please be true

youwheel.com/home/2016/03/27/detailed-analysis-the-bmw-b58-inline-6-cylinder-engine/

>timing chain/radiator/oil filter on the rear of the engine
>two water pumps, one for the turbo exclusively
>dedicated heat management module
>waste gate needs heat shielding
>less power and less torque than the new Lexus 3.5L V6
What the fuck is this engine

So, z4 hardtop with styling and bodywork by Toyota?

They are building the Supra in my hometown. I don't know if I should feel excited or ashamed...

thats fucked, its more impressive to have a simple design that performs well

It will have the Lexus V6 from the GS/LS as Biturbo Version with hybrid technology (

Forgot to mention, that the Interior as well as the drivetrain are pretty much confirmed to be from BMW.

Who cares. It's auto only meaning it's defacto shit.

How can you fuck up such a simple formula?

>BMW less reliable then American brands
Let's check the facts. Oh right, ameriniggers without any education dosent care about facts.

REMOVE THIS!!!

What's funny here is that Ford is less reliable than Lincoln. They're the same company (MKS Taurus, Navigator Expedition, MKZ Flex, etc)

Also, love me some BMW M72 action.

Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled shit posting.

who the frig are you quoting m8?

It'll be nailed to the lot like the Alfa 4C.

>less reliable than Hyundai

>its a 'Hans makes an engine based off this game' episode

talk about dumb, trying to reduce weight at the front so they move the timing chain to the back which then pushes the rest of the engine forward.

It's so easy to call Americans out on the bullshit they post on this board. It's like replying to people who believe the earth is flat. Nation of uneducated mouthbreathers.

That seems to be about the 3 series B58B30M0 while OP's link hints at the 2 series B58B30O0

How fucking stupid are you?

>Europe gets an exclusive 4cyl trim with under 200HP
Comedy gold

>chart triggers Veeky Forums

German cars are reliable as nip cars

>1,500 kg weight design
>double bubble roof
>obvious 2000GT and Supra DNA
>rumored to have either BMW's N55 successor or B58
>auto-tragic rumors are false as that was a track mule for suspension testing
>obvious riveted on panels EVERYWHERE to hide the actual look

tbqh, as a Mk4 fanboy, I am hyped as fuck, the newest leaks of it on the hurrdurr have it sounding like the rumors of it being inline 6 powered are true

youtube.com/watch?v=JnYvEqHNAAY

Yeah, everything you said is wrong.

BMW i6s are kino you fucking retard
the only shitty one is the n54

>Buick beats all but one German automaker
>Hans somehow proud of this.

>Japanese engineering is superior

>because it's proving and perfected technology that just works.

You've clearly never worked at a Honda or Toyota dealership.

>*breaks*

This kills the German car driver.

presumably Lincolns have higher build quality for the electronics and stuff
mechanical failure isn't a huge issue with new cars unless we're talking about FCA

>presumably Lincolns have higher build quality for the electronics and stuff
Essentially they are the same. They just don't have absolute shit models like the Fiesta/Focus that sell like hotcakes and fuck the average like Ford does. Same goes for Buick as no one really buys the shitty cruze rebadge.

>if every problem is treated the same they are just as reliable as
lol.

>meanwhile

Buicks are badge engineered Opel's (German)

>be American
>put plastic on the dash
>be German
>put plastic in the water pump
>claim superiority

Buick is Opel you fucking moron. Leave Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW

Looks like you're a retard who doesn't know anything about cars and just spouts memes all day. Time to find a new board.
>insulting bmw I6's - the fucking king of I6
That is heresy, you're a damn heretic now fuck off

This board turned to cancer long ago. Underage Ameriniggers spreading memes all day and ignore facts and don't understand the passion for cars. Its impossible to open a thread about any Jap/EU car without these from inferior complex driven poorfags fucking it up.

>Acura that low
Aren't they just fancy Hondas? Shit chart

Yeah I'm coming to that realization. I bet if American cars (aside from classics) weren't complete garbage they might be able to actually discuss cars objectively like normal human beings instead of getting butthurt whenever japanese or german cars are mentioned.

hur dur lets put plastic in essential components in the drivetrain but metal in areas that it doesn't matter

laughingoutloud

>getting butthurt whenever japanese or german cars are mentioned.
lmao they aren't "butthurt" because japanese was mentioned they don't want geman shit in their Toyota.

Yes they're butthurt because they're retards who don't know a damn thing about cars, we said that already learn to read

They know for a fact Toyota is of higher quality than German so that's one.

Too big and fat.
Where's my MemeR2 toyota you said there would be MemeR2!

>some tard say nip cars are the best and bmw engines suck and didn't mention american cars once
>omg americans are dumb! american cars are shit!

seem more like you fags are obsessed

Well no, BMW I6's are objectively better. Memes don't make you knowledgeable about cars, faggot-san.

Sounds like you haven't seen it firsthand, it's not happening here but it's a rampant issue.

>BMW I6 is just better
>B58 makes 335HP/370TRQ
>Lexus V6 makes 415HP/445TRQ

>be toyota
>people want you to make sports cars
>ok sure why not have a couple guys draw something up
>cool people like the ideas
>hmmm, instead of using the trillions in the bank to create it, just get someone else to do it on the cheap
What is their fucking endgame

DELET

>700whp on stock block

it has its shortcomings but it also has its niche

by the time youre making that power youve thrown away/ dealt with the problem areas

BMW S55 3.0 litre produces 500hp

>v6 or i4
>automatic
>hybrid only

It aint a supra
Supras are
I6
RWD
Manual

Should I change the tires on my 2013 328i?

I live in the Coastal LA Area, drive about 8 miles on a work day, and have a completely factory car for the past couple of years. I enjoy the experience it provides quite a bit but was wondering if there could be any relatively affordable changes/modifications that I could do for it, as someone who is not familiar with actually doing work on their own cars.
I've heard of other owners who weren't satisfied with their factory run-flats, claiming that other tires they switched to made their overall experience more comfortable & fun.
Should I consider doing this?

Post your face when you realize that before they were Opels, their ranking was even higher.

>i6 turbo
>rwd
>manual
As a supra fanboy I bought myself the modern Supra - E92 335i
Tuned it to 400hp, what a great car it is.

425hp/410lb-ft

This kills the murricunt car driver.

nope
M4 - 431hp
M4 Competition - 450hp
M4 Clubsport - 460hp
M4 GTS - 500hp

Honestly the Lexus RC F is the modern Supra.
>2dr coupe
>pigfat
>relatively large engine
>$40k in 1998 is $60k now
>handling is set up as a GT car

A fucking dodge, not a premium brand

it's more like a new SC than a Supra

>431ps=425hp
>performance exhaust
>crank up boost
>water injection

So you're a moron. Good to know.

>ferd

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tire upgrade is probably one of the best bang-for-buck upgrades you can make for your vehicle, no matter the vehicle.

Southern CA you should be able to run a set of high performance summers year-round, that's what I'd do.

The 328i isn't exactly performance oriented, but the sport tires should help lower road noise in addition to being much better in warm dry climate, with the added bonus of not negatively impacting your wet driving performance. Since you don't get any snow or extreme temps, you don't have to worry about getting all-season tires.

Actual kek

Buick still make cars?

The non-water injected S55 still produces 460hp and it can deliver 500+hp with a remap easily.

>not knowing they are rebadged Opels, which are the German cars.

Thanks to chinks

The 2018 Regal has 310hp, real full-time AWD, Brembo brakes, and magnetic dampers. I'd unironically consider it if it was manual (which the last one was, actually).

They've been doing this for a while. The current Auris (aka Corolla) gets sold with BMW diesel engines (N47) in Europe.

>Mazda Yaris
>Subaru GT86
>BMW Supra
Is Toyota too lazy to make their own cars now?

>>Mazda Yaris
Are you telling me that's a Co-op too? fuck!

driving a 10th gen civic ive come to appreciate hondas engineering but there are key differences between it and a german car. the sheet metal is very thin on the honda whereas a german car has very thick sheet metal. driving wise it feels very planted like a german car but very nimble like a asian car. ive never had a honda before but the 10th gen civic is one of the best designed and built cars in my personal opinion. i dont miss cars like volkswagens that you cannot pull out the wipers away from the windscreen unless you set it to some setting that i never cared to figure out how to do so... but i miss the bmws of yesteryear before everything became riddled with computers

umm why did toyota steal the honda headlight style?

forgot image

Hyundai has been incredibly reliable since like 2013 dude.