Impossible to buy a C6 Corvette

Can anyone explain to me why it's legitimately become impossible to buy a C6 Corvette? Every time one in acceptable condition pops up on the market, it gets sold within a day. I've been checking 3x daily for newly listed Corvettes for the past year and there's almost nothing on the market worth buying. This is all in Southern California. Can anyone suggest any better place to look for a Corvette than Craigslist, Autotrader, CarGurus, Cars, BestRide, and CorvetteForum? I'm running out of ideas.

Buy new, faglord.

If you want a corvette so bad, just buy an FD3S RX7 and 13B-REW swap it. Pretty much the same car after that.

dont you mean LS swap? the FD3S already comes with a 13b REW

Don't LS swap a fd rx-7 unless you're a humongous faggot

I want a Corvette for resale value. What you recommended will cause me to lose a lot of cash in the car.

Would anyone recommend just going for a Z06? They seem to be plentiful

Keep cash in hand for that zr1 then

That won't be in my price range for the next five years, and at that point I would just a get a C7 Z06

The three C6's that have been traded in at our dealership (BMW) since i've been here were bought by buyers with straight cash. 2 out of the 3 times, we had not even listed it yet. Someone just saw it on the lot driving by, came in and bought it.

damn, son

Well, there's a market supply because despite all the memes Corvettes are really good performance for the price.

Good luck

C6s in my area stay on the market about a week for 20-22 with 50k or less miles on them.

I bought my C5 the day it posted for 15k 48k miles. planning on using it for a few years then getting a C6 when C8s come out

Corvettes are really just that good. There's just something about 4-600hp flowing through 385mm rear tires and a chassis that sits 4 inches off the ground that makes you giggle every time you touch the throttle.

The situation with C6s is like what would happen if GM messed with Corvette's core identity and angered purists, like making the LT1 a turbo and making the 8AT the only available

I've seen it with other cars. I call it the "end of an era" effect:

> E36/46/92 M3 prices skyrocketing as a rejection of the F80 M3/F82 M4

> 458 Italia/Speciale prices skyrocketing as a rejection by purists of the 488 GTB and its forced induction

> Ditto W204 C63 prices vis-a-vis W205 (turbo) C63 prices

> 996/997 GT3 prices skyrocketing as a rejection of the 991 GT3 losing the Metzger block and three-pedal option

But to my knowledge, the C7 doesn't have that "end of an era" vibe like the F80/82 M (switching from the longstanding NA I6/V8 to a twin turbo I6). Maybe the Z06's engine (LT4) is supercharged rather than the NA LS7 seen in the C6 model, but that's a bit of a stretch.

What's your area? I'd be willing to extend my search distance.

No, don't.

Austin Texas and surronding areas specially the Killeen area near Ft. Hood shit is always cheap up there and if you have good credit they will make anything happen.

Also check out JD motors they are the cloest thing to a Nation wide dealer that works pretty much just with meme cars

I literally went to my local dealer and had them order me a used one.
Pic related

Find a exotic specialty dealer and have the salesman get you one because they can ship from across the country

Your dealer ordered a used car? Did they trade inventory with another dealership?

Where do they get them? Auctions? Because I have access to Mannheim. Any other places that would be helpful?

Seems legit

If you want a Corvette so bad you have to be willing to travel across the country to get it. You won't find shit in your area

There has to be another way

Yeah It's called leasing a new one.

The dealership has a warehouse they buy cars from at liquidation prices

Why not a c5?

No corvette past the c3 is going to retain retain resale value apart from special editions and zr1. I bought a C5 because pop ups are my fetish and it's the definitive corvette in my eyes.

But I'm an autistic faggot bus rider so... grain of salt and all that.

C6's actually looked good and ran well.

C7's look terrible and can't handle the bantz

>dont you mean LS swap?

probably not, since LS engines are fucking trash

This