Why can't the Japanese make good luxury cars?

Why can't the Japanese make good luxury cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8plO4AeKNU
bmw-special-sales.com/en/topics/security-vehicles/overview.html
bmwblog.com/2017/01/05/mercedes-finishes-ahead-of-bmw-in-2016-u-s-luxury-car-sales/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you talking about? Lexus at least is better than the Germans. have you seen the latest LS?

lavish comfort and luxury are inherently against nip culture

t. 80 year old asian woman

European luxury cars are great until you start putting miles on them. At least the Jap ones don't start blowing turbos and transmission sub 100k miles.

>what is routine maintenance

I never understood why Americans have trouble with European cars.

>this is a 90k Lexus

>paying Toyota 90k

>this is 170k Mercedes

>Let's call turbo or fuel pump replacement "routine maintenance"

European logic.

>cherrypicking the pleb interior

Because every auto manufacturer is allocated a small amount of car designs that aren't complete shit throughout their history and you need to get in on them while you can. Also I'm aware that it's exotic and not luxury but you can buy an old landbarge if you want comfort.

>those door panels

Honda sucks at making luxury cars.
Nissan's shit feels outdated.
I say Toyota is the king of Jap luxury.

it looks nice
except for that silly shifter

Why is that center console so yuge? Is there a little fridge in there?

I think the Q50/60 is pretty nice.

I was thinking about this earlier. What's the point of a luxury car in general? Comfy seats, smooth ride, minimal road noise, great climate control, great sound system, interior that looks fancy. How much better is an E Class at all of these things than a Honda Accord that it's worth the huge difference in price? I'm more of a sports car enthusiast myself, so maybe I'm missing something here.

>How much better is an E Class at all of these things than a Honda Accord that it's worth the huge difference in price?

It's all about that status and consumer culture. Hell, the Honda could be a better car in every way (including luxury) and people would still buy the Mercedes so they could show off to their neighbors how much debt they can accumulate.

>when your $100k Japanese Aston Martin still isn't enough to impress Mr. user Ymous

The good luxury cars pay extra attention to detail throughout.

The way the current S-Class was the first to feature full LED lighting without a single halogen bulb in the car...

The way the Lexus windows slow down to a crawl so that they don't THUMP loudly when you roll them up...

Countless examples, but overall if you have the money then why not enjoy something nice?

maybe if they would unfuck the front end we could talk

>Try to copy Aston Martin
>Fail
>Still want to change 100k for it
Japs should stick to bikes

and grocery getters like civics and accords

The 86 front end looks good and then they do this horrible shit to their expensive sports car. Weird.

>Matt’s down with it too, and he’s not just some joker off the street with no sense of taste. What does he say about it? While the legendary Lexus LFA was like a Japanese Ferrari 599, this is like a Japanese Aston Martin. It’s got dramatic styling, an interior worthy of a $100,000+ luxury car, a fantastic soundtrack from the V8, and some impressive tech to aid the driving experience, and surprisingly decent handling despite its two-ton weight, and an exclusivity that separates it from what Mercedes and BMW are slinging.

and even older lexus' had decent looking front ends
they just went all in with the edgy styling for some reason

They were pretty boring inside and out from 1990 to about 2010 though. They took two decades of criticism to heart. Yet I still commend them. They are the only Japanese brand that can compete with Europe in terms of luxury.

Americans make the muscle cars, Europeans make the luxury cars/supercars and Japanese make sport cars

They are not creative as Germans.

>glorified, overpriced prius

Nice.

>Euros make the muscle cars, Euros make the luxury/supercars and Euros make the sports cars.

Fix'd that for you.

Chavs pls. Nobody respects you.

>not creative as Germans.

Are you retarded?

To make a new German car you copy and paste the previous design --> ??? --> new model!

At least every Lexus has its own personal and unique style and interior, the same could not be said for German cars.

>All those VW Golfs

That looks like a car that Daenerys, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Protector of the Realm, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Mother of Dragons, The Unburnt ,Breaker of Chains, Princess of Dragonstone would be driven around in.

It looks great and is inspired by the classic benz.

Lexus just copied.

>forgetting she's the Leader of the Unsullied

As punishment, we are forcing you to marry Joffrey.

>what is evolution
>Audi brought the grill from 1900s back and uss it as their signature.

Didn't every car in the early 1900s have that shape of grille?

BMW's signature kidney grill

yeah see

>he thinks FWD Golfs repurposed as FWD "luxury" sedans is the same as using the same components on different chassis

>dat delusional lexus fangirl

If you want me to say something nice, then nice Camry.

The Honda Accord already is.
Reminder only AMG Merc Es can outpace the V6 Accord.

The majority of the Lexus lineup is rear-wheel drive.

The majority of the Audi lineup is front-wheel drive.

Stay assmad, friendo.

>(((evolution)))

Yeah, sure, they have been relying on the same design since forever then suddenly Walter De Silva arrived and designed the Audi A5.

From that precise moment every new Audi was the rip off of that design, they now are clueless since De Silva has gone from Audi.

And so? A distinctive tract is different from the whole shit design of a car.

Alfa Romeo has the same trilobe since forever but they managed to create the most beautiful car ever.

---

Are german cucks so desperate and delusional?

Audi outsells Lexus in the world.

>The most of the Audi lineup is all-wheel drive.

fix'd

Oh, I hear that next-gen A6 will ride on the Porsche platform that is exclusive for RWD and AWD only. Hmm...

>The pinnacle of Audi production, the most advanced piece of German luxury, the Vorsprung Durk Technik icon is a fucking FWD car.

AYY LA MAYONNAISE

>Any euro muscle car
>better than ZL1
Now would you look at (these) crazy sons of bitches.
Swap Europeans with Jap on Luxury and add America on the sports car
>implying the V6 Camaro is not a god-tier sports car

Audi's disgusting grill create the ugliest trend in car design. Everyday I pray that Audi's "design" studios spontaneous combust.

Holy fucking shit, you're a dense motherfucker aren't you?

>(((AWD))) Audi are fwd bases + haldex

Stay mad

The next A6 should be a good car to drive, but you just know they're gonna fuck that exterior design all up with that GRILL.

>ITT: frustrated Audi fans

>muh fwd meme

who cares.

Look at and this pic

That;s your opinion, man.

>Audi outsells Lexus in the world
People prefer badge over a good car. go figure.

>The next A6 should be a good car to drive

Meanwhile,

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8plO4AeKNU

Lexus is awesome I don't know what the hell you're talking about op

oh that...

>fwd meme
>who cares

I care you dumbfuck, because they're charging premium money, the same you would spend for a proper car like an S Class, Lexus LS, Bmw 7 Series, etc..

Meanwhile, the final production of SQ7...

>Any burger musclecar
>implying its shoddy build quality can hold together long enough to complete a lap

ha

A cherrypicked video of an Audi brick overtaking econoboxes with 1/5 power in an almost straight part of the nurburgring?

>kidney

It should be oficially renamed to pigsnout now.

It did. with the SS 1LE matching it in a head to head.

Haha

Did it pass a GTI cabriolet?
The fuck, I had no idea VW made those. How floppy must those things be?

>posting Lexus from an era when they had no style and were basically Mercedes ripoff
>also stanced

matching M4 GTS in head to head*

Reminder that glorious nipponese don't export their best luxury cars because filthy dishonorable gaijin are unworthy.

There are no FWD A5, A7 and A8 available in USA. We have only FWD A3, A4, and A6.

I would say not majority. Just some.

Its almost like Japan's town car. extremely solid but also very geriatric.

>being this delusional

Basic models are all fwd. Only high end and performance models are awd and even A7s and A8s have/had fwd models.

Yeah, if an $8000 engine out service to replace the chain tensioners and cam adjusters made of paper maché count as routine maintenance.

ITT: Triggered German cars haters

Those fwd base models are the majority of purchased Audis though.

Word

>Basic models are all fwd. Only high end and performance models are awd and even A7s and A8s have/had fwd models.

According to Audi's USA sites, it is not true.

Other markets could have those FWD models, but in US, we don;t have FWD models for A5, A7, and A8. Look up urself.

>Usa = the world
>no

Still, they're based upon fwd models.

Also another top pleb feature of fwd Audi is that in the rear seats they still have the tunnel for the drive shaft even if they don't need it...because that layout is an arrangement for derived awd models, and you end up with less space in the rear seats for something you don't have.

kek

Lexus is still far behind Mercedes, Maybach, Bentley, Rolls Royce.

Maybe because those last 3 all cost several times more than a Lexus?

In one breath, Audi's global sales are touted, then in the next breath, we're only allowed to reference US sales.

>because that layout is an arrangement for derived awd models, and you end up with less space in the rear seats for something you don't have.

>what is exhaust system

most cars have that. What's a big deal with you?

Lexus ES has that as well.

>Rolls Royce

Oh yes, because a RR that costs 4 times a Lexus LS is a perfect comparison even considered that the interior is crafted by artisans and not by machines.

nice article with no sources or anything

Yup, but OP is asking
>Why can't the Japanese make good luxury cars?
while Europeans can?

>mfw Mercedes is the only car manufacturer to produce an armored luxury car
If you're rich enough to spend a house down payment on a car, you might as well just buy an S600 Guard or an S600 Pullman Guard and higher a driver for the weekends.

But not Aston Martin though...

>Still, they're based upon fwd models.

then all lexus cars are based upon fwd models. see

>What's the deal

The vast majority of Audi sold worldwide is fwd and they are flawed by the "defects" of the fewer awd models they sell.

That is a fucking MODULAR platform, you know what modular means right?

>Mercedes is the only car manufacturer to produce an armored luxury car
Nah
bmw-special-sales.com/en/topics/security-vehicles/overview.html
>mfw you drive in the Ultimate Armored Driving Machine

That's what the buyers want. They don't give a fuck about whether it is RWD or not.

Other than some fancy gizmos that you get on those cars that probably can't be found on the Lexus it is of higher quality and to make a S-class competitor (LS) with Toyota service cost puts it above them IMO.

>That's what the buyers want.
kek
This is how I know you're one of vw's target customers.

It has basically been the trend for the last decade in the US luxury market. This is easily Googleable.

The data is solid, unlike the tears of the VW Golf fans ITT.

>Mercedes’ sales in the United States sales fell 0.8 percent to 340,237 in 2016, with December sales dropping 6.4 percent to 32,011 vehicles.

>Second place went to Lexus, even though its sales slipped 3.9 percent to 331,228 vehicles. Lexus’ sales dropped 0.5 percent to 41,182 vehicles in December.

>BMW finished a distant third in 2016 with sales slipping 9.5 percent to 313,174 vehicles.

>Audi’s 2016 U.S. sales improved 4 percent to 210,213 vehicles — good for fourth place.

bmwblog.com/2017/01/05/mercedes-finishes-ahead-of-bmw-in-2016-u-s-luxury-car-sales/

Toyota will be making a Sodium car soon.