/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Overclocking
lakka.tv/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserActive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who /BMF Final 3/ here?

make a knock out style tournament to let emugen crown the king of color palettes

I guess this is the right place to ask: what emulators have built-in CPU overclock ?
I know only about Mesen and PCSXR

I would love to build a separate PC just for emulators.

Should I go with several standalones or retroarch?

Dolphin

There's a few:
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Overclocking

several installations of retroarch

All you'll ever need
lakka.tv/

No GBA on that list, Aria of Sorrow could benefit from some overclocking

Is there any news on 3DS emulation yet?

I wanna replay Majora's Mask soon but if it's close I might just wait and play 3DS

he's talking about building a pc for emulation. what kind of idiot puts some shitty linux distro on a new pc?

Majora's Mask has been playable for at least 2 months now (fullspeed at any resolution your monitor can handle)

found the winbabby

both

seems neat, would i be able to pull up a browser, so I can just download roms directly from this?

3DS Majora's Mask is garbage. The boss fights were completely ruined.

We don't condone piracy. Consider this a warning before I ban you.

Can anyone think of a reason why my virtual keyboard shortcuts dont work on PJ64?

I used to be able to reset speed/control speed with my keyboard and now I cannot but the shortcuts still exist

pj64 pwns your inputs prolly

Oy fags I need help with pcsx2.

So far I managed to squeese out 60 FPS out of all games but one through sheer autism but one issue persists.
Every time new info like models, sound or video is being loaded from the iso the emulator shits itself into microstutter, freezes every couple of seconds and after a while runs perfectly fine. If a new video cutscene starts I can pause the emulator for a minute and then resume, and again it runs perfectly fine until the next data has to be loaded.
I narrowed the issue down to either streaming or decompression fucking up but I dont know how to affect or fix it.

How were they ruined?

bump

bampu

barump

ramdisk

Why can't PCSX2 just load discs into ram?

Nigga I aint using ramdisk on 4gig+ iso files to solve a problem that according to jewgle nobody ever had before.

Then wait for Play! as an alternative

Nevermind I found the issue.

Im running on integrated grafix but I only had 350mb reserved for it, and the emulator needs 500 upwards.

Did I fuck up somewhere or has PS2 always looked this bad?

Wiill play do anything in another 10 years of development?

opengl hardware

W-what? I'll be honest I'm terrible at emulating anything above PS1. I'm sorry.

Most people forget that the project WAS left untouched for the last 10 years, they resumed development in 2016 (afaik). I mean, this is my only other hope for PS2 emulation (as PCSX2 would only really become good some day if they remake the entire emulator from scratch)

People say something similar to me all the time, and all I have to tell you is this. Poke around all of the settings you can find. Make yourself familiar with the emulator, play around with settings and eventually things will become fairly self-explanitory.

None of us started out knowing exactly what to do with emulators, all you have to do is actually try and it'll click. Having this self defeating attitude will get you nowhere.

I bet you use ePSXe too newfag
video renderer, internal resolution

I'm using PCSX2 because that's what I use for PS1.

PCSX-r is not related to PCSX2 dummy

O-oh. I knew.. that...

>Most people forget that the project WAS left untouched for the last 10 years, they resumed development in 2016 (afaik).
No. It's been worked on by the same guy consistently for nearly 11 years now.

Reading the GitHub... holy shit, the guy did almost everything alone

Please help...

Both.
You're running the game at the native internal resolution, which means you're getting what the PS2 would have put out (512x448), and then you're stretching that to 1920x1080. It's not going to look good.

With the right settings, you can get most games looking decent.
Try these settings, someone posted them here a while ago and they work well.

Pic related is the result.

Woah thank you. I've done this. Now only problem I have is that is has an odd border around the edge. And I can't take screenshots any more to demonstrate it.

Aaaaaaaand it wasnt the culprit.
JUST

Like, a dark border like the one in the screenshot I posted, or a bright, glitchy background?

I don't know if it's possible to fix the dark border, but if there's a thin line of garbage on the edge of the screen you can hide it by going into Config -> Video -> Window Settings and setting Zoom to 101%.

In regards to Ignore the cellphone pic, please.

The second one, thank you! You're the best and I love you.

Is Conker's Bad Fur Day playable on anything?

N64

where is the cemu tutorial
WHERE

I think I played it on project 64 or something a year or two ago. Didn't notice any bugs or anything.

100% playable on Project64 since... I can't even remember

It doesn't do that?

Filters people fucking hate that you like

go

why did this make me laugh

Nearest neighbor.

is it integer?

If it isn't it's wrong.

MAME should do it, it comes by default on every system it supports, downside is MAME is shit at emulating GBA.

Is there any way to emulate the LaserActive?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserActive

Ayyyyyyyy

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

what do you guys think of my emulation pc

Horrible overkill, even for modern systems. If you're expecting to build a "cemu machine" you're a moron.

>Horrible overkill
um how else am I supposed to run angrylion?

If you plan on streaming your gameplay at 1080p@60fps with Very Fast preset or slower - it's perfect.
What's the videocard?

>videocard
intel

b a i t

don't need to run games at 4k thx only 1x IR

Why isn't there a turtle article on the wiki?

You're spending close to $1000 on a PC to emulate at fucking 1x.

I'm pretty sure no machine could handle angrylion at higher than 1x if it even supports it.

Just buy a fucking N64 at this point.

Epsxe for Android has it, from what I saw yesterday.

Not that user, but considering you literally skipped the matter in question, I'd say you're no better.
Related, does Lakka have access to PCSX2 and Dolphin?

Are you fucking unironically using the PS1 Emulation of PCSX2?
You're not kidding, this is real, you ARE emulating PS1 Games in PCSX2?
I.. I honestly thought no one would ever use that part of PCSX2 when the PS1 specific emulators are surely far better options.. woah..

Who the fuck in his sane mind would ever buy a monster like the i7 7700k and use its iGPU instead of pairing it with a powerful dGPU?

having all the games on my pc along with every other system is much more convenient than needing a shitty CRT sitting around.

I already said I don't need to run games at 4k.

You don't undestand, it's not a matter of need for 4k or not, you're wasting the potential of the entire system by not using at least a low tier dedicated GPU (even the cheapest piece of shit that is the GTX 1050TI would do the job)

If all you care about is emulating N64 with Angrylion's, then you're better off buying the 7600k and donating the money you saved to a dev who is willing to optimize that code :) .

emulation is 99% CPU. A 1050ti isn't going to run mame or angrylion any faster.

No I emulate pretty much every system available.

Is this a good summary of byuu?

Emulation is 99% CPU when the system is not bottlenecking anywhere else. A quad core at 3.5 GHz + 8 GB RAM + GTX 1050 TI would give you the best performance possible for any emulation related task, anything above this is only for those trying to force shit above "normal" and anything bellow this would have bottlenecks

afaik, this is 100% accurate

only 3.5ghz? Doesn't higher frequency affect emulation performance?

If the emulator is stable (not WIP too early in development), I didn't find any emulator that benefit from a clock above 3.5 GHz

>GTX 1050 TI
Isn't that a weak card?

>Who the fuck in his sane mind would ever buy a monster like the i7 7700k and use its iGPU instead of pairing it with a powerful dGPU?
Someone who isn't playing modern PC games. Emulating older consoles don't really require good graphics hardware. Even my i5 6500 is capable of emulating gen 6 consoles. Although it's too bad PCSX2's OGL performance aint good. If only more emudevs cared about D3D or Vulkan.

>Isn't that a weak card?
Better than iGPU and if you're emulating, it's a fine amount of power since you're mostly focusing on CPU.

is it a bad idea to buy a raspberry pi 3 just to emulate PS1?

I already have an actual PS1, but I find it a problem to have to deal with burning a fuckton of CDs and using multiple memory cards.

Look into the PSIO if your system supports it. Won't have to deal with CDs and can still use original hardware.

While that's pretty decent I would be paying thrice and need to install that switch board. But thanks, didn't know about this.

If you want 6th gen emulation get a GPU, IGPs a shit
The 7700k has very few actual usecase (few games in PCSX2, dolphin with OC, a few mame cab with OC), angrylion won't run fullspeed everywhere even on that even at 5.2Ghz

>angrylion won't run fullspeed everywhere even on that even at 5.2Ghz
I'm sure Angrylion would run some games fine on a 7700k.

>If you want 6th gen emulation get a GPU, IGPs a shit
PCSX2 runs fine in D3D. Buying a GPU just for better OGL support is silly Tbh senpai.

>PCSX2 runs fine in D3D
No it really doesn't, then again with a 7700k you use SW not HW so there's no dference except maybe minor performance ones between OGL and D3D.

>I'm sure Angrylion would run some games fine on a 7700k.
Most good games happen to be very demanding so sure you can play some game you just can't play the ones you would want to play to begin with.

>Most good games happen to be very demanding so sure you can play some game you just can't play the ones you would want to play to begin with.
You must be a fan of RARE and Factor 5. Yea you can forget about playing those, but I'm sure games like OOT run fine.

Have you tested Sin and Punishment ?

Do you see yourself shitposting on /emugen/ in your 40s?

I don't see myself living to my 40's.