Night Drifting Stress

Does anyone here release their frustration by driving and drifting alone at night, while listening to music?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BW1IbePnA3b/
rx7club.com/drifting-226/official-drift-setup-thread-877465/
240sxforums.com/forums/builds-projects/133892-how-build-your-first-drift-car-right-way.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not alone, but my friend just got back from being away all summer and we went out and drove around in the rain and I drifted a little and we just kind of caught up. It was really nice.

Fuck off dagumi

That sounds cool, my best buddy moved away one year ago it's pretty much just me in this small and silent hill like inhabited village.

Only in the race and snow.
Can afford tires all the time.

Music? I listen to the song of my inline 6cylinder, thats all the music I need.

I was expecting a lot more replies, to be honest. I am surprised not many here go out at night to drift. Where I live, it's either do that or die of boredom..

driving?
yes

drifting?
my civic does not give me that ability

but night drives are the best when you've got a lot on your mind. i need to find some new roads around here to enjoy

Try and meet some new people then

i often take my miata out to this rich upper class area atop a giant hill in los angeles. its a coastal little town that oversees the ocean, its riddled with small backroads and in essence it is a giant canyon. ill drive out there day or night with the top down, there seems to be no other thrill that i love more. i like to see the multi million dollar mansions and kinda daydream a bit, i used to go here even when i was little. the houses are monumental. once you pass the houses, you get taken on some nice, tight curvy roads for your pleasure. it ends at the beach on the bottom and then i just go home.

If I have music on, how will I know when to shift?

By having a loud enough engine

It's my favorite way to relieve stress. Although I live in Indiana, no twisty roads at all, so my options are extremely limited.

>doing donuts in a parking lot is now considered drifting

lmao

this is what real drifting is you clowns

instagram.com/p/BW1IbePnA3b/

What mods do you need in a Miata, FC or 240sx to do this?

Fair enough...

first of all those are 3 very different cars which I can't just generalize.

Miata is a terrible car to drift regardless of what you see on instagram/youtube/any other social media.

Wheelbase is too short and lacks power.

FC or 240sx are much better platforms but good luck finding one that isnt already beat to shit.

I can't just list parts you need as its a shit ton of stuff.

rx7club.com/drifting-226/official-drift-setup-thread-877465/

240sxforums.com/forums/builds-projects/133892-how-build-your-first-drift-car-right-way.html

>surprised not many here go out at night to drift
That would imply that busses run that late, and would drift.

>no twisty roads
It's like you've never even been to southern Indiana. Yeah up north is really flat but drive down state road 446 some time. Perfect combo of straights for triple digit pulls and plenty of curves thrown in

Yeah I'm up north, practically on the Michigan state line. I've heard down south can be decent though.

what a fucking genuine interaction, and good advice.

You can drift in a fwd car. It's just more work.

>Miata is a terrible car to drift regardless of what you see on instagram/youtube/any other social media.

low quality bait

I drive around at night, but I don't drift. There aren't any empty parking lots around where I can learn, and I'm not going to practice on the street.

I drift my car a little and I feel the back pull out a lot and I countersteer but I never really hear the tires squealing or get any smoke. I have an LSD.
Why is that? They're pretty bald, and I'm kind of just trying to destroy them before I get some new ones.

Are you flooring the pedal when you feel the back pull out?

?

elaborate

That's how I practice. All big empty parking lots around here are littered with potholes and/or off busy roads that police patrol frequently.

Any corners that I'm familiar with, and can see around, I just started pushing myself to see how fast I can take them. That and roundabouts.

I don't know how to drift

Wouldn't you like to learn and give it a try?

I used to

Then I got a speeding ticket last week from some cops hiding in a tree bank off the side of the freeway with their lights off at like 3am

Now going fast at night makes me nervous and paranoid

I'm not sure if I want to wear out my tires faster but I wouldn't mind knowing what it feels like. But I also don't want to do anything that may end up with me damaging the car, seeing how I've damaged 3 previous cars in some way.

I usually do to get it to pull out and then I let off to straighten back out out of the turn

Sounds like you are cutting off the gas too soon when you should be counter acting the wheel while flooring it.

A video would be more helpful

malibu/mullholand hwy area?

I may cruise and wangan... But never anything as stressful and wasteful as drift at night.

>frustration.
Na. Just do it to become more content with my life.

Made me kek pretty damn hard

>tfw fwd
>power slide for skidz
>only get lift off oversteer for long skidz

Yes, but not drift because AWD and I don't want to ruin my drivetrain

Sounds romantic

you can tell based on when your car starts lacking power, if you know it well enough that is

Read the description. Its palos verdes. Not him but I also drive up there with my wrx as its a quick easy run that you don't have to take a clusterfuck of a highway to get to if you live in the southbay area. You can do it any day of the week and not worry about traffic to get to malibu or up to angeles crest.

I'll take the PV blvd in around the coast then PV east up the switchbacks and back down. From redondo/hermosa its ~1hour roundtrip which is perfect for a quick run.

Do you like... my car? Hard to do with a diesel one

seems like it would be easy with all that torque

I go out at night a lot to cruise and relax listening to music.

Yorkshire, England reporting in to say:
Yes.
We go out on a night for skids and shenanigans (whenever the weather permits).
Its prettt decents smashing backroads with your buddies.

Does anyone know a good system for inter-car communtication?
Theres only so much you vcan do by flashing brakes/hazards/etc... and i really dont fancy using a phone...

The miata is a fine car to drift it'll even do it with a stock 1.6 liter. Short wheelbases don't really make it a bad drift csr, just makes it a hair trickier to not spin out with if you're inexperienced.

a walkie talkie?

I like to occasionally Rev to 5k yes

@burstspeed has a 13b miata with a ps duce kit

A CB radio always works

>flooring it in a corner

This meme is going to get someone killed.

now what if someone gave you the ability to do that even without having a handbrake?

I watched this thread yesterday before sleeping, and tonight I had one of the most realistic dreams I've experienced in my life. I was drifting in the toogay against two other cars, in a second gen Camaro.
What a frenetic yet beautiful dream, holy shit.

Nice, that sounds cool as fuck. Wish I knew people over here for night skiddling. Stay safe.

I often night cruising, and sometimes if there's an empty parking lot do a couple handbrake turns
>tfw fwd shitbox

No drifting through public roads though, there's no good ones where I live

>The miata is a fine car to drift it'll even do it with a stock 1.6 liter

If you consider drifting, doing 1 turn in a parking lot, sure, then it is king of drifting.

>Short wheelbases don't really make it a bad drift car
Wrong, it does make it a bad drift car. Try to drift a stock Miata with just an LSD
>@burstspeed
>13b miata
>ps duce kit

yeah I know about that car

first of all while that kit is cool on the miata as it makes it more aggressive looking it absolutely as nothing to do with making the car a better drift car.

second, majority of broke teenagers and people in general who buy miatas aren't doing 13b swaps in their $3k shitbox.

The amount of money spent on that Miata isn't what all miata owners can or will spend on their own that plan on drifting it. Its like no shit if you put enough money and do the right the things the car will go sideways and hold it for more than 1 corner

so many dumbasses that have little to no money thinking if they buy a miata it'll be easy and cheap to turn it into a drift car lmao.

your number one enemy is power then its the short wheelbase of the car which you can't really change but you have to adapt your driving style

So basically all you're saying is the stock alignment on a Miata isn't set up for drifting. Well, no shit.

The wheelbase is just 5 inches shorter than an AE86. If you can't drift a Miata you're fucking retarded.